IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 4: Lick the Fork

HerNameIsBuffy

21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I have broken free of the refrigerator’s magnetism, and it no longer exerts a gravitational pull on me.

It sounds like she was somehow magnetized and stuck to the side of the fridge for a few days. 

From Gwen's journal: 

Day 3, I am still stuck to the side of the fridge and no help has come. I can last for many days here as I have a ready supply of diet coke within easy reach. I do not know where Tarzan is...

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the Jim Jones event last night, the rest will be tonight. It was/is fascinating to me what those people endured. I recently also listened to a podcast on the NXIVM cult that came into the spotlight this year. Many many similarities. They got down into the nitty gritty of how he snowed his followers. Especially when Jim hired someone to shoot blanks at him so that he could look like he got shot and the next day show up healed. Or healed people in the audience. The thing I took away from it was this.....that  initially these people may have intended the best, the attention became their drug. And like with any drug, you keep needing more and more to sustain the same level of high. Controlling people as well as their followers heaping on the constant attention is the drug they need to sustain what they've built. And eventually it just gets crazy the things cult leaders will do to push their people to see how faithful they really are. Testing allows the leader to see how far they can go with the blessing of their congregation. Just like everyone is covering for Gwen's divorce and remarriage. The way they fawn over her and fudge the truth about the timeline of it. Actually saying that she had been single for awhile. She knows exactly what she can get away with. A true Godly leaders life decisions should never require that their faithful followers bend the truth or sacrifice their integrity to defend the decisions they themselves had no part in making. 

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

It sounds like she was somehow magnetized and stuck to the side of the fridge for a few days.

She's missing a merchandising opportunity -- Gwen Shamblin refrigerator magnets!

They remind you not to eat, and they are great for holding your children's artwork (stick figure pictures, that, in this case, are pretty realistic portrayals of the family).

22 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

She's missing a merchandising opportunity -- Gwen Shamblin refrigerator magnets!

They remind you not to eat, and they are great for holding your children's artwork (stick figure pictures, that, in this case, are pretty realistic portrayals of the family).

Weighdown refrigerator magnets existed at one point unfortunately. Not sure if it was official or if a member made them and passed them around.

35 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Weighdown refrigerator magnets existed at one point unfortunately.

I'm not surprised. I bet they weren't shaped like Gwen, hair and all, though. That would be a sight to see on someone's fridge.

27 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I'm not surprised. I bet they weren't shaped like Gwen, hair and all, though. That would be a sight to see on someone's fridge.

I’d buy them for the laughs, however I wouldn’t want to give them my money ?

Actually, If you were a believer, fridge magnets of Gwney where you keep your food would be very effective.  I enjoyed a fast metabolism before my injury.  I would have lied my ass off, If I were I child/teen/young adult with them. I would feel the growl all the time, and eat in secret.  I'm not good cult material I’m afraid.  

Today's devotional is about holiday eating, but leaves out mention of the sacred growl and food being called The Way of Escape. I guess Gwen is trying to appear less cult like in her devotionals.  

During this Thanksgiving week, many of you may be facing some temptations at family meals this week. Be very careful that you don’t fall into old habits.

It is generic advice you can get anywhere. Eat slowly and savor each bite, take time to enjoy the conversation with family and friends instead of just focusing on eating lots of food, don't feel obligated to clean your plate. 

Then she goes into the whole juice sipping thing people have mentioned. She avoids using the word growl and instead goes with true hunger. 

You’ve waiting for true hunger, and you feel like you are about to starve, but mealtime is still an hour away! Don’t panic. Just drink an ounce or two of juice or eat something very SMALL.

This is my favorite part, though.

The problem is GREED—

A woman who lives in a massive home and who obviously spends a fortune on clothing has a hell of a lot of nerve to lecture people on greed. Gwen may not be greedy with food but she sure is with other things. 

7 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

Actually, If you were a believer, fridge magnets of Gwney where you keep your food would be very effective.

I have magnets of KISS and Marilyn on my fridge.  She has no business in such company.

You’ve waiting for true hunger, and you feel like you are about to starve, but mealtime is still an hour away! Don’t panic. Just drink an ounce or two of juice or eat something very SMALL.

Haha....you mean like wine of grapes fermented? 

Or, you know, you could have had a small breakfast so you wouldn't starve by mealtime. Do they take the parabl of the loaves and fishes to mean that everybody got a crumb of bread with a flake of fish on it and god took away the growl for them all?

The church of the Hangry seems to be the opposite of Baptist, in many ways. 

Found this -- just leaving it here for anyone who has seen Gwen and Tarzan's engagement video. It needs fireworks, though.

Spoiler

image.png.0576ce1e812562babeff0ccffa2e61ac.png

The raccoon is better at acting surprised!

Today's devotional is again, devoid of all the creepy growl stuff and giving mostly generic diet advice you can get anywhere. 

Basically pick the food you like the best, eat it but don't feel like you have to clean your plate. If you are full ask to bring desert home to eat later instead of feeling like you must eat desert just because it is being served. She has really switched up the devotionals after we started discussing them. 

After you have surveyed the food and selected your favorites—place small portions of what you have chosen on your plate: a piece of glazed ham instead of turkey and dressing, and sweet potatoes with marshmallows instead of the mashed potatoes and gravy. You might feel like adding some green beans and a dinner roll, and decide to wait on dessert for now. You can always come back for dessert if you aren’t satisfied yet, or you can always take some dessert home for later!

When you feel yourself approaching fullness, push the plate aside or simply cover it with your napkin. If the dessert looks good but you are satisfied, ask if you can fix a small take-home plate! Most hostesses will be honored that you would like to take some food home!

To compare from before we started discussing her devotionals. Some of the other early November ones seem to be repeats of growl advice that I already quoted. I guess there are only so many ways to say "worship the growl". 

November 6.

Focusing on the growl is so important. There are no other choices, and you do not have any other things that you have to listen to. 

November 3

Tuning into the growl is everything. It is a Connection to God and His lead. 

Starting in October she seems to have deleted them from her website. I can see the link on her FB but it is dead. I would have loved to read her devotional about helping children lose weight. 

Maybe she finally clued in that she sounds like a major whackadoodle when saying things like the only thing you need to listen to in your life is your stomach growling.  That is seriously strange advice.  I mean I know it's her thing and all, but laying it out so bluntly makes her sound like a world league whackadoo.

I hope if she is able to change her behavior based on "public" pressure she listens to us about Elizabeth and gets her some help before it's too late.

You would think she would have changed her hair by now based on public opinion. People talk about her hair all the time. Yet she keeps it.

13 minutes ago, Curious said:

Maybe she finally clued in that she sounds like a major whackadoodle when saying things like the only thing you need to listen to in your life is your stomach growling.  That is seriously strange advice.  I mean I know it's her thing and all, but laying it out so bluntly makes her sound like a world league whackadoo.

I do think that she has probably been in her bubble of minions for so long spouting this stuff that she has forgotten how it sounds to most people. Intuitive eating is one thing, making your entire life revolve around waiting for your stomach to growl is a whole other level of crazy. If our horror at her advice caused her to stop sending it out then we are doing the work of Rufus! Praise be. 

Today's devotional doesn't include the growl but does tell us what to do if you aren't hungry at family meals. 

but what should you do if you are simply NOT physically hungry when the holiday meal is served? Just fix your plate, cover it, and set it aside for later. If you spend your time catching up with the company and enjoying visiting, most people won’t even realize you aren’t eating. You will enjoy the food much more when you are truly hungry later on.

If I told everyone that I was waiting on a growl and I'll just sit at the table my family would think I had lost it. 

Don’t ever forget to invite God and Christ to the meal along with you! PRAY throughout your time at the meal, look for Ways of Escape, seek out what God wants you to do. 

Who was that blogger who never ate the last bites of food because they were saving it for Jesus? This reminded me of that. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You would think she would have changed her hair by now based on public opinion. People talk about her hair all the time. Yet she keeps it.

I think she really likes the hair. Why, I don't know, but that is her hill to die on. That and her terrible fashion sense. When they came here they seemed to be very concerned about RF not looking like a cult, I don't think they realized how bad Gwen's devotionals would sound to people outside the church until we started discussing them.  Hence the change to make her teachings seem more mainstream and less eating disorder cult. 

That raccoon is far more attractive than Gwen could ever hope to be.

I'll think of her with an evil grin tomorrow, as I stuff my face all afternoon and evening.  :dance:

You know, as absurd as the hair and mismatched foundation are, I don't begrudge her those particular idiosyncrasies.  Eccentric dresser, strange hairstyle enthusiast, wearer of divisive styles? Cool. Why not?  You do you.

What I DO find problematic in the extreme is her hypocrisy in dictating style/appearance to her flock. If you want to beat your own extremely esoteric fashion drum, you don't get to mandate other people's wedding decor -- and her demanding only bland palettes is that much more strange and contradictory. 

18 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

You know, as absurd as the hair and mismatched foundation are, I don't begrudge her those particular idiosyncrasies.  Eccentric dresser, strange hairstyle enthusiast, wearer of divisive styles? Cool. Why not?  You do you.

What I DO find problematic in the extreme is her hypocrisy in dictating style/appearance to her flock. If you want to beat your own extremely esoteric fashion drum, you don't get to mandate other people's wedding decor -- and her demanding only bland palettes is that much more strange and contradictory. 

Yeah, I'm all for being your own kind of weird. There are tons of interesting people who do that sort of thing, and if they enjoy it, more power to them! Gwen's hair is crazy, but it's Gwen. If she likes it, I hope she keeps it. I do wish she'd go read some 90's era goth makeup tutorials, though, to help her with that foundation. (Blend, Gwen. All exposed skin should look like it belongs to the same person. You'll find good advice for biggening the hair there, too!)

BUT, you don't get to tell other people how to dress. Particularly at their own weddings. You want to require everyone who attends YOUR wedding to wear beige? Go ahead, as long as people can choose not to come. But you don't get to pick the colors of other people's bridesmaid dresses. Not cool. 

Her style is fun to snark at, but it's really inconsequential. Her level of control of her flock and her focus on food and weight, however, is potentially dangerous and therefore important.

So the thing about Gwen is that she is a narcissist probably by definition. Which means she isn't going to cave to public opinion because she is so strong minded that she couldn't give a shit what anyone else thinks. She just lives to dominate and control. I mean look at the Donald's hair. Same situation, hair and makeup. Gosh, what a pair......

3 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

So the thing about Gwen is that she is a narcissist probably by definition. Which means she isn't going to cave to public opinion because she is so strong minded that she couldn't give a shit what anyone else thinks. She just lives to dominate and control. I mean look at the Donald's hair. Same situation, hair and makeup. Gosh, what a pair......

OMG is it wrong that I kind of want Gwen and Trump to hook up? Yeah it'll never happen for many, many reasons (possibly including that it would cause the destruction of the known universe in a flare up of bad hair and worse skin coverage) but the photos would be just... hilariously awful. Especially with fireworks and fairy lights.

38 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

OMG is it wrong that I kind of want Gwen and Trump to hook up? Yeah it'll never happen for many, many reasons (possibly including that it would cause the destruction of the known universe in a flare up of bad hair and worse skin coverage) but the photos would be just... hilariously awful. Especially with fireworks and fairy lights.

She uses makeup that’s much too light and he uses spray tan that’s much too dark. A match made in hell. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived