IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 4: Lick the Fork

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I showed my husband the last photo on this post 

He said it looked like Morticia Addams and Cousin It had a child. With the caveat that Angelical Houston is way prettier (cue Miranda Lambert)

Wow. I am shocked by her brazenness. "God hates divorce but he allowed this one...under certain circumstances." No attempt to explain herself and why she's so certain God is on board with her specific divorce. Still sticking firm to her divorce-is-bad document despite having JUST gotten a divorce. Amazing. 

You know the saying that the only moral abortion is my abortion? Well with Gwen it is the only moral divorce is her divorce. She is God's special snowflake who gets to get divorced, everyone else better stay in that miserable marriage! 

Didn't Gwen meet husband #2 while she was technically still married? So how exactly was she single for awhile? Lying for Gwen is still lying RF folks! Sign you might be in a cult, your leader gets you to lie for them so their divorce and quick remarriage doesn't look so bad. 

16 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Still sticking firm to her divorce-is-bad document despite having JUST gotten a divorce. Amazing. 

And the crazy thing is that the divorce-is-bad document has significantly changed recently. It used to be that divorce was bad, period. Then it became divorce is bad unless your spouse is attacking your beliefs but if he/she is quiet about it then you have to stay married. Now it seems that you’re allowed a divorce if your spouse doesn’t go to the “church”.

They have been known to break up marriages and get people immediately remarried to another member in the “church”. This has happened more times than I can count. Oh also, it seems that the divorce thing was only bad if said spouse never was in the “church”. If the spouse was in the “church” and then left, a divorce happens. I don’t know if any examples where a spouse left and they stayed married. 

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

You know the saying that the only moral abortion is my abortion? Well with Gwen it is the only moral divorce is her divorce. She is God's special snowflake who gets to get divorced, everyone else better stay in that miserable marriage! 

Didn't Gwen meet husband #2 while she was technically still married? So how exactly was she single for awhile? Lying for Gwen is still lying RF folks! Sign you might be in a cult, your leader gets you to lie for them so their divorce and quick remarriage doesn't look so bad. 

Don't ruin snowflakes for me!  

11 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Wow. I am shocked by her brazenness. "God hates divorce but he allowed this one...under certain circumstances." No attempt to explain herself and why she's so certain God is on board with her specific divorce. Still sticking firm to her divorce-is-bad document despite having JUST gotten a divorce. Amazing. 

She sure thinks a lot of herself, doesn't she!  The hypocrisy is very obvious, are RF members that naive that they would believe her?  OR maybe they are just too cowed to stand up to her and her versions of things.  If I'm making myself clear, sometimes I don't.

1 minute ago, Briefly said:

The hypocrisy is very obvious, are RF members that naive that they would believe her?  OR maybe they are just too cowed to stand up to her and her versions of things. 

The one member seemed to be lying for her by saying she had been single for awhile when she wasn't.

I think it is probably a mixture of people who full on worship her and will do whatever to serve her, people who are intentionally ignorant about the hypocrisy of the church and people who are bothered by things but too afraid to say anything. 

I guess Gwen gave up on sending people to convince us she totally isn't running a super cult like church. 

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I guess Gwen gave up on sending people to convince us she totally isn't running a super cult like church.

They probably realized there are far more fertile recruiting fields than FJ.

15 hours ago, formergothardite said:

IIRC, when Remnant came here and attempted to brainwash us before they were banned, one of the borg tried to explain Gwen's sudden relationship. I think the party line was that Gwen's marriage to David was already over long before they decided on divorce. Also, that the divorce itself took far longer than she anticipated and that she and Joe did their best to stay platonic friends during that time. They did admit that Gwen and Joe spent time together but tried to make it clear that it was only as friends, and they specifically included the time he spent at her beach house in Destin. As soon as the divorce was finalized Gwen went to her inner circle to get approval to marry Tarzan. The borg said that given her age that they couldn't expect her to wait longer and wholeheartedly approved the new relationship. 

It all sounds so crazy that I'm second guessing myself but I'm 95 percent sure that was what was said, or something very close to it. 

I guess they finally realized they can’t hid it forever. For reference, there have been many wedding since this one at RF that videos and pictures were released within days/weeks. It is abnormal for it to be months after the wedding that something is released by Remnant...

2 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

I guess they finally realized they can’t hid it forever. For reference, there have been many wedding since this one at RF that videos and pictures were released within days/weeks. It is abnormal for it to be months after the wedding that something is released by Remnant...

I think I need to go vomit now. 

They weren't released because they needed to make a spectacle of it and release some over the top, gaudy video to try to portray what a blessing it all is. Total BS. 

What is that crowd of people standing over to the side? A choir? Attendants? 

Oh rufus help us! That engagement video! She is a terrible actress and it was clear she wasn't slightly shocked or surprised. I bet she carefully coordinated the entire thing. 

And her poor daughter in that video. :( She truly worries me. 

I very rarely mention a person’s weight no matter what. But Elizabeth scares me. I’m so afraid for her. She is literally the only person I’ve seen in the entire cult that makes me worry based on weight. Sure there are plenty of slim people in the cult but they look healthy enough. Elizabeth looks like she has very little energy, emotion, and her color is wan. It’s not just her thinness that alarms me. It is all of it put together. I very much hope Gwen is doing something to help her daughter since she is the catalyst behind her current health. This rests completely on Gwen’s shoulders IMO. 

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The one member seemed to be lying for her by saying she had been single for awhile when she wasn't.

This is more than likely because the general members were probably told that Gwen and David were divorced long before they actually were. Gwen and leadership will twist a story to fit their agenda. For example, many year ago two leadership families left the church. Gwen and leadership called an emergency meeting and made up all sorts of lies about them—all to keep the general members from talking to them/believing them. ? this type of behavior has happened over and over. 

14 minutes ago, RemnantSurvivor said:

This is more than likely because the general members were probably told that Gwen and David were divorced long before they actually were. Gwen and leadership will twist a story to fit their agenda. For example, many year ago two leadership families left the church. Gwen and leadership called an emergency meeting and made up all sorts of lies about them—all to keep the general members from talking to them/believing them. ? this type of behavior has happened over and over. 

I’m guessing Gwen would say, “in the eyes of God, we were divorced long before the actual legal divorce. And God’s law is more important than man’s law.”

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing Gwen would say, “in the eyes of God, we were divorced long before the actual legal divorce. And God’s law is more important than man’s law.”

Thank you for that! Absolutely that is something she would say. 

But in all seriousness, I do think that they probably told the congregation she was actually divorced.. 

those videos were some of the most ridiculous, pretentious and fake things ever. so bad. so so bad

I'm listening to the soundtrack of the new Halloween movie on YouTube while I read here this morning.

I'm thinking I should leave it running if I dare click on the video above; it would probably make it better.  :pb_lol:

ETA:  it makes it GREAT.  I highly recommend it. 

I watched about half the engagement video. Joe seems very off. What was with all the pointing? 

Gwen's hair is just so TERRIBLE. We make fun of Jrod's crispy hair a lot but I can at least understand how her 'dos would appeal to someone with very specific, 80s taste.  Gwen's hair looks RATTED and tangled underneath all that height. It was crazy to see it in action in the video rather than just a picture. I have a hard time looking at anything else when she is on screen. HOW does she think that looks remotely good? None of her followers look that ridiculous.

Speaking of seeing things in action in the video - her daughter is even more alarming in video form. she looks so pale and sickly and ...PARCHED. that's the best way I can explain it. Like i just want to give her a glass of water. 

ETA: omg just watched the wedding video, her hair/veil situation is even more atrocious! having the veil pinned around that bowling ball sized hairdo at the widest point makes her look like a bratz doll. you know those dolls with tiny bodies and ridiculously large heads? 

If I ever went to a service I think Gwen’s hair would protect me from ever taking her seriously. I know l would spend my whole time staring at it and not actually listening to the words.

I wonder if she puts all the chips she has licked on her head and then combs her hair over it.

Her daughter looks almost as old as she does. 

I find it interesting that it seems like no one tries to copy Gwen's hair "style". You'd think in a cult like this, they would. Everyone seems to have normal looking hair but Gwen. 

Has she ever explain what's up with her hair? 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I very rarely mention a person’s weight no matter what. But Elizabeth scares me. I’m so afraid for her. She is literally the only person I’ve seen in the entire cult that makes me worry based on weight. Sure there are plenty of slim people in the cult but they look healthy enough. Elizabeth looks like she has very little energy, emotion, and her color is wan. It’s not just her thinness that alarms me. It is all of it put together. I very much hope Gwen is doing something to help her daughter since she is the catalyst behind her current health. This rests completely on Gwen’s shoulders IMO. 

I try not to comment on weight, etc., but in this case the concern is for her health.  Not how much she weighs.  She looks so unhealthy.  Yes, it is on Gwen's shoulders.  From what I have read/heard about this cult, and a lot of it comes from the people here who have managed to be freed from RF, my thought is that Gwen won't do anything.  She's probably proud of her daughter, and sees her daughter's "success" as a reflection on her.

I forgot to add a few funny things I noticed in the videos. 

Engagement one: I don’t know how you can be surprised but have like 3 different camera angles. It felt fake watching it. I also think it’s funny that there was no date on the engagement one. Many engagement videos have the date somewhere....suspicious to me. It seems like Gwen doesn’t want people to be able to put together a real timeline.

Wedding: As someone who got married in Remnant and attended atleast 50 (if not more) wedding there, they went all out here. The chairs in the church were switched out. The number of bridal party was almost 2x what it normally is. I dont ever recall confetti at someone’s wedding. In every other one I have seen, there were many other people on the stage during vows but if you noticed here the stage is mostly clear and just the two of them. 

Overall, this is so cringey and over the top. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived