IGNORED

Mueller Investigation!

Howl

I realized we have never had a separate Mueller Investigation thread, but now is the time.  I just came across a twitter thread making fun of Jacob Wohl and something called Surefire Investigations.  I couldn't quite make sense of this until I came across this: 

Mueller refers sex assault scheme targeting him to FBI for investigation  "We immediately referred the matter to the FBI for investigation," said Peter Carr, spokesperson for the special counsel.

Note to little internet scumbags like Wohl: DO NOT FUCK WITH MUELLER! DO NOT FUCK WITH THE FBI!  Nothing says "amateur" like having your voicemail redirect to your mom's voicemail. 

Last paragraph of article: 

Wohl declined to comment on his involvement with Surefire Intelligence. However, his email is listed in the domain records for Surefire Intelligence's website and calls to a number listed on the Surefire Intelligence website went to a voicemail message which provided another phone number, listed in public records as belonging to Wohl's mother.

Wohl stopped responding to NBC News after being told Surefire's official phone number redirects to his mother's voicemail.

This is promising to be a delicious exposé  (hors d'oeuvre? appetizer?) of a hapless alt-reich Trump humper trying to derail Mueller. 

Here's the deep drive that exposes "Surefire Investigations" as a nothing burger; a front company. Somebody better get a really, really, really good lawyer. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Howl said:

Note to little internet scumbags like Wohl: DO NOT FUCK WITH MUELLER! DO NOT FUCK WITH THE FBI!  Nothing says "amateur" like having your voicemail redirect to your mom's voicemail. 

Oh, lordy, where's the popcorn?  :popcorn2: I was just reading an article about someone claiming to have been offered payment to make allegations against Mueller.  It must be about this guy.  I'll go back and read this newest drama more carefully.  I bet his mommy is so proud.

I think this ties into organizations like NPR (who you know would actually fact check) getting cryptic allegations about this stuff.  

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/30/662184243/muellers-office-notifies-fbi-of-alleged-scheme-involving-harassment-claim

Mueller's Office Notifies FBI Of Alleged Scheme Involving Harassment Claim

October 30, 20182:04 PM ET

PHILIP EWING

The special counsel's office says it has referred an alleged scheme to make false claims against Robert Mueller to the FBI.

Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc./Getty Images

Updated at 4:53 p.m. ET

The office of Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller has notified the FBI about an alleged scheme in which a woman was offered payment to make false sexual misconduct charges against Mueller.

A spokesman for Mueller confirmed the referral on Tuesday in a statement.

News organizations including NPR have received information about claims related to the alleged scheme. Reporters have so far not been able to verify them.

When the special counsel's office became aware of them last week, it alerted the FBI, said spokesman Peter Carr.

The FBI declined to comment.

The alleged scheme

An account of the alleged scheme appeared unsolicited in the inboxes of a number of reporters around Washington, D.C., in mid-October in an email sent from a Gmail address.

The email received by NPR appears similar to other copies that were posted by journalists on Tuesday.

NATIONAL SECURITY

Trump Suggests He'll Give Written Answers To Mueller, Make More News After Election

In the email, a person identifying herself as a woman from Florida describes having been contacted out of the blue by someone with detailed knowledge about her work history and her personal finances.

That person, according to the account, asks her to establish contact over an encrypted messaging application and then, in exchange for tens of thousands of dollars, to make false but potentially politically damaging misconduct claims against Mueller.

NPR attempted several times to make contact with the person to substantiate her story and received two follow-up messages from the account.

One of the responses included a description of another phone call from a stranger in furtherance of the original offer. The other message declined a phone conversation about the story, citing the need to preserve a written record of the exchanges.

The purported announcement

Carr's statement about the referral on Tuesday preceded a putative news conference that may have been scheduled for later this week at a hotel just outside Washington.

Conservative media personality and lobbyist Jack Burkman, who was referenced in the unsolicited email from the alleged Florida woman, said on Twitter that he planned to convene the news conference to announce sexual misconduct allegations against Mueller.

Burkman later posted an update that said the allegations about payment to a woman were false.

Burkman has moved on the periphery of the Russia imbroglio for months. He reportedly bankrolled an investigation into the death of a Democratic National Committee aide who was the subject of a conspiracy theory related to one thread in the Russia investigation — a theory since debunked and retracted by some of its supporters.

POLITICS

Devin Nunes' Re-Election Tests Whether All Politics Are Now National

Burkman also reportedly was attacked by a man he hired to conduct that investigation, as The Washington Postreported. And before that he offered monetary rewards for information about earlier phases of the story and helped raise money for Donald Trump's former campaign vice chairman, Rick Gates.

Gates has since pleaded guilty to federal charges and has cooperated with investigators, including in last summer's trial of Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort.

Burkman has a show on NewsMax TV, which is run by Christopher Ruddy, a friend and supporter of Trump.

35 minutes ago, clueliss said:

My twitter feed blew up over this.  Wohl's an idiot.

Here's some delicious proof of his idiocy. :pb_lol:

Oh, but wait, there's more...

Two limericks for the price of one. :wink-kitty:

The stupid is a surefire thing.

But wait! It gets worse...

How hard must it have been for them to admit they were wrong! Creative spin on the abuse of power thing though.

And if we didn't have enough proof of his stupidity, there's also this little gem:

More evidence Jacob Wohl is a doofus wannabe conman.

LOL, @Howl it looks like the fun isn't quite over yet.  :my_biggrin:

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

And if we didn't have enough proof of his stupidity, there's also this little gem:

Oh, Jacob, Jacob, Jacob.  I guess you haven't read House of Trump, House of Putin by Craig Unger.  Putin's corruption, beginning with his first judo teacher/mobster's mentorship right up to the current day, makes him king rat kleptocrat in the massive Russian kleptocracy and possibly the richest man in the world. 

This is Jon Rogers.  Jon is a Hollywood writer.  He was the showrunner for Leverage (where they 'created' cons and such for the plot) (this is also when I went - hmmm wonder what's up here)

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

LOL, @Howl it looks like the fun isn't quite over yet.  :my_biggrin:

I'm sure all the pertinent details will be immediately tweeted out for those of us unable to be in Virginia tomorrow, but I wish I could go see this for myself. ?

A threadlet on the pressco.

:laughing-rolling:

Here's an even better thread...

I am watching the press conference (the video is on twitter). Notable highlights:

JACK BURKMAN'S FLY IS DOWN.

"Ms. Cass did not recognize Mr. Mueller until she saw him on television recently." (My kids could recognize Robert Mueller.)

Did you guys know that Jacob Wohl is a child prodigy who has eclipsed Mozart? Me neither.

I don't think JW knows what the word "comport" means.

TIME FOR QUESTIONS FROM THE AUDIENCE!

"We haven't been contacted by the FBI. The FBI would embarrass itself by calling us about people who don't exist."

LOL- Random guy just straight up called them uncredible! High five random question asker!

"Do we have corroborating evidence? Uhhhhh, eyewitness? Tentacles? HUNDREDS OF ALLEGATIONS!"

"AND HUNDREDS OF DEATH THREATS!"

Oh, y'all, I'm dying here . This is comic gold. "One of them had a picture of corn!" 

And this is an exact repeat of a much earlier Jack Burkman presser, where he was going to have a big expose but (oopsie) the witness didn't show.  I don't know the status of Jack Burkman's fly on that one. 

28 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

JACK BURKMAN'S FLY IS DOWN.

A distraction within a distraction.  I hope someone (i.e., FBI) makes their lives very uncomfortable.  The twitter threads were hilarious! 

:corn:

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

His initials are J.A.Wohl?   As in, Jawohl, Herr  Trumpenfuhrer?

I was thinking more like JackAss.

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic

Archived