• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Status Updates Bug Read more... ×
Georgiana

JRod 81: Return of the Reborn Dolls

Georgiana

The thread title is as much of a warning as an update, because I know many people do NOT want to read about reborn dolls...but sadly JRod has evidently  ordered two particularly terrible ones for her daughters, so they almost certainly will be discussed here. 

Just in time for Halloween, Rufus bless her. 

Continuing from:

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 17
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

adidas

Asking a slightly off topic question, stemming from the pre- and probiotic posts at the end of the last thread. I’m considering doing a modbiotic gut overhaul due to long term, ongoing issues ... but I’m not sure if it’s a complete bunch of hooey. Any experience, advice or expertise here? Happy for PMs so as not to derail the thread. 

MayMay1123

Under spoiler because triggering and kinda awful... 

Spoiler

I just realized those dolls reminded me of the pictures nocnogs stillborn baby William

• Sad 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

bird
10 minutes ago, adidas said:

Asking a slightly off topic question, stemming from the pre- and probiotic posts at the end of the last thread. I’m considering doing a modbiotic gut overhaul due to long term, ongoing issues ... but I’m not sure if it’s a complete bunch of hooey. Any experience, advice or expertise here? Happy for PMs so as not to derail the thread. 

I don't know what a modbiotic gut overhaul is but 3 months ago I stopped eating sugar and refined/ processed food and took a multivitamin with prebiotics to get through the worst of the "detox" headaches and I've not had a single stomach ache since. The vitamin supplement I chose was not expensive at all. I think you can make big changes to your health without breaking the bank. Obviously I'm not talking about actual illnesses which require medical treatment!!

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

StepMonsterInLA

I looked up the “sleeping Emily” and the kit (head, legs, arms) costs $130. 

artdecades

I don't normally go to J.Rod threads (move too fast) but the title of this one has me intrigued. 

adidas
59 minutes ago, bird said:

I don't know what a modbiotic gut overhaul is but 3 months ago I stopped eating sugar and refined/ processed food and took a multivitamin with prebiotics to get through the worst of the "detox" headaches and I've not had a single stomach ache since. The vitamin supplement I chose was not expensive at all. I think you can make big changes to your health without breaking the bank. Obviously I'm not talking about actual illnesses which require medical treatment!!

Thanks for that. I have chronic inflammation in my gut (diagnosed by my surgeon, not by me through dr google) so I’m thinking the SCD could get rid of some of that inflammation. I already have a pretty healthy diet and I wouldn’t have to change much - just cut out dairy and occasional sweet treats - so I wondered if the modbiotics would give me a bit of a kick along in combination with the diet changes.

My surgeon wouldn’t give me an opinion either way as to his thoughts. He actually has the same condition as me and it didn’t help him, but he said it doesn’t mean it won’t help me. 

Waffle Time
Mela99

Idk if I even want to know but *WHY* does she think her kids would want these? And where the hell are they getting the money? Those suckers arent cheap. 

God the fake baby dolls will be better dressed and more well care for than the live ones...

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

LovelyLuna

@adidas I have had a lot of success with a low fodmap diet for my IBS, and unexplained constant nausea.  Giving up the fruit and veggies on that list solved a lot of my issues. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

Happy
PennySycamore

@HarryPotterFan and @Leftitinmysnood,  my husband was telling our granddaughter last night about the time 20 years ago when our nephew was doing armpit farts while he (my husband) was driving.  My husband was laughing so hard he could hardly drive. 

truthseeker
4 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

Under spoiler because triggering and kinda awful... 

Hide contents

I just realized those dolls reminded me of the pictures nocnogs stillborn baby William

Spoiler

I thought of Elijah Rainbow's morgue photos, myself. :(

Also under spoiler - for the same reason.  Hope I did it right.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

Tired
Coconut Flan

I vote trying the low fodmap diet for anyone with digestive woes.  It helped me although it couldn't fix my problem.  It made surviving until the surgery easier.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

Sequoia
2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

How much does the soul straight from hell cost?

That's free, you either need a microphone or a particularly vicious looking can of green beans to collect your demon!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 33
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
mango_fandango

Hold up. Jillypoo bought REBORN DOLLS??

Ohmyfuckinggawd...

I’m still in the process of rereading old Jill threads. Currently I’m on 69, in the midst of all the discussion about the Godawful funeral gatecrash and the whole selfie fiasco. (FUCK YOU JILL YOU NARCISSISTIC COW)

Those dolls will be dressed in multiple layers and have gigantic headflowers on them. Jill should get her daughters some of those Styling Head things, those doll heads that you can put makeup on and style the hair of. THAT would be a sight to see! Green eyeliner, dark lipstick and 80s fried hair a go-go!!

Spent
Destiny

Dear gods, why are y'all bringing back the reborn dolls? WHYYYYYY? 

*hides under her blankies til they go away. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 9

Rachel333
6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

JRod has evidently  ordered two particularly terrible ones for her daughters

Wait, WHAT?!?!? That's what I get for skimming threads. I thought people were posting pictures of ugly dolls just because they were weird dolls and the subject has come up on FJ before, I didn't realize Jill had actually bought some for her daughters. WTF?!?

thoughtful
5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Dear gods, why are y'all bringing back the reborn dolls? WHYYYYYY? 

*hides under her blankies til they go away. 

Ahem -- I think anyone currently using a nightmare-inducing Trumpkin avatar has no room to throw stones.  😉

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 41
  • I Agree 2

Meh
Dandruff
1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Hold up. Jillypoo bought REBORN DOLLS??

Apparently so, after claiming that her family is short 20% of their desired grift.  Hope her potential contributors take notice.

Spent
Destiny
4 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Ahem -- I think anyone currently using a nightmare-inducing Trumpkin avatar has no room to throw stones.  😉

Blame @HerNameIsBuffy, @WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? and @mango_fandango. It's their fault, not mine!

thoughtful

Ah, you kids with your peer pressure -- get off my lawn!  :character-oldtimer:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 30
  • Love 2

Spent
Destiny
8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Don't believe the finger pointer...I did nothing.

Besides, yours is like 150% more terrifying than mine.

7 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Ah, you kids with your peer pressure -- get off my lawn!  :character-oldtimer:

See? It's not my fault. I was PRESSURED! LOLOL. Seriously, it will be back to the normally disturbing Trump on Thursday. 

Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
36 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Besides, yours is like 150% more terrifying than mine.

I'm just a blonde Michael Meyers...you're Trump.

You're scarier.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5