IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith Part 5: Had Kade and Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

So. Much. Blur. 

But Tori looks very happy, and at least Kade doesn't look like a creepy dead baby. 

Seriously! Why do so many people seem to like that photo style? I know I wouldn't want pictures of my baby (if I had one) looking like an uncanny valley doll.

It kind of reminds me of the old photos people had taken of people after they died because it might be the only visual memento they had left. Taryn's photos really remind me of that, due to the way the baby's usually asleep, still, and bundled up in blankets, which makes the similarity to older photos even creepier. Photos from that early era took so long to develop that photography actually worked better on the deceased, since living people had such a difficult time remaining motionless for so long.

It actually led to some photos where living people looked like ghosts due to motion and only the deceased family members were actually fully in focus. Creepy as they are, thankfully Taryn's photos don't contain ghosting, just that weird intentional blur on everyone in the shot.

tl;dr, Taryn's pictures are NOT my preferred form type of photographs.

• Upvote 11

I'm surprised Taryn eased up on her blur stick for those photos. Is she finally taking some constructive criticism? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I also think that these are the least blurry photos I have seen by her. Kade really looks like his father- but then iirc most newborns resemble their fathers a lot (think it has something to do with evolution and making the male accepting the offspring).

And the background and Bobby’s top bring some bright colours in- that also saves the photos from looking a bit lifeless. I still shudder when I think about Erin’s photos. The baby looked legitimately dead.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

The first photos from the shoot with baby Kade weren't that horrible in the blur department, but the first photo on the last post (with Tori, Bobby and Kade) immediately made me think of the French movie "Les yeux sans visage" (Eyes Without a Face), in which the main character wears a mask throughout most of the film.

Screencap under spoiler

Spoiler

yeux-sans-visage-large.jpg.a4e21dd885366e786f3cfa8f11d635bd.jpg

Edited by Icea
Screencap under spoiler
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6

On 12/17/2018 at 1:22 AM, Icea said:

The first photos from the shoot with baby Kade weren't that horrible in the blur department, but the first photo on the last post (with Tori, Bobby and Kade) immediately made me think of the French movie "Les yeux sans visage" (Eyes Without a Face), in which the main character wears a mask throughout most of the film.

Screencap under spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

yeux-sans-visage-large.jpg.a4e21dd885366e786f3cfa8f11d635bd.jpg

Clarifying: The picture from the movie is wtf, not your comment.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I take back what I said about Taryn finally easing on the glow stick. 

Seconded. I think Tori just originally posted the least blurry photos and tricked us!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Jingers home photos of Felicity are more professional looking than Taryns, who's a professional photographer. That woman needs editing classes.

• Upvote 10

Looks like Tori wears pants even when she is home now that she is a mom. I’m jealous of the amount of energy she has as a new mom, then remember I am old. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

I never thought Tori would be pants free. From a purely practical angle maybe she just waited till she was done with the first pregnancy to make the switch. 

• Upvote 5

All married daughters seem to wear pants at least occasionally. Iirc even Erin wore some at one point in a pregnancy. The Bates‘ modesty standards have changed so I am not surprised at all. I think they probably only hold to the skirts only rule for the girls at home because of the show. 

And damn. Tori looks really beautiful. I find her features really really pretty with and without makeup. She didn’t even have the awkward looking stage in her teenage years. I know many think that Josie is a great beauty but I say Tori is giving her a run for her money. Those Bates women definitely give me some complexes sometimes. Is there a secret Fundie skin&hair care + make up course? Do they also get a fashion consultation? Because they all seem to have a distinctive style that suits them well.

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, onyourwayhome said:

Looks like Tori wears pants even when she is home now that she is a mom. I’m jealous of the amount of energy she has as a new mom, then remember I am old. 

I think she is wearing a skirt though. It’s tough to tell because she’s sitting down and moving, but I’m pretty sure there’s a bit of extra material on the seat. My best guess is she’s wearing leggings with a similar colored skirt over them. 

ETA: Kelly confirmed - black skirt over black leggings:

D2930210-0ED2-4AAC-BF72-B91C91C91F11.jpeg.672b49b9a49821e73f4bac331649417d.jpeg

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, LillyP said:

She's not wearing pants. Kelly replied to several comments, including one at length, about how she is in fact wearing a skirt.

Here's her longer comment (from Reddit). Protesting a bit too much, I think.

Screenshot_20181224-185717.png

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

Here's her longer comment (from Reddit). Protesting a bit too much, I think.

Screenshot_20181224-185717.png

I mean,it was a much more balanced and reasonable reply than any duggar has ever given LOL. Still obnoxious 

• Upvote 2

I keep on forgetting how old some of the older Bates kids are and that they aren't actually that much older than I am. Tori just turned 23 so she's only 3 years old than me, and Alyssa is just 4 years older than I am. But their lives are so much more different than mine and already have kids so I keep on thinking they're my sister's age or something. Like for example, Carlin is only a few months older than me but I can't even imagine having a gf/bf right now let alone being engaged.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

I keep on forgetting how old some of the older Bates kids are and that they aren't actually that much older than I am. Tori just turned 23 so she's only 3 years old than me, and Alyssa is just 4 years older than I am. But their lives are so much more different than mine and already have kids so I keep on thinking they're my sister's age or something. Like for example, Carlin is only a few months older than me but I can't even imagine having a gf/bf right now let alone being engaged.

I'm 30 and I can't tell you how bizarre it is to me to see people who are now over a decade younger than me getting married and having babies!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm 30 and I can't tell you how bizarre it is to me to see people who are now over a decade younger than me getting married and having babies!

I’m over 30 and feel the same way. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

ok but I feel the same way thought because of all of the fundies that are my age having kids. it was the most bizarre seeing Joy giving birth this year because she was the Duggar girl who was the closest to me in age so that just freaked me out to no end. 

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic