IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith Part 5: Had Kade and Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

That onesie is not pink. It's white. The shirt of the person who's holding Kade is pink, and the hat is pink with blue lines, but the onesie is 100% not pink.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 11/14/2018 at 9:50 AM, 19tacos&counting said:

Well that would make too much sense! In all honesty it is a good idea. If they had 4-5 moms or more they could have grades pre k-2 3-5 6-8 and 9-12. I never understood how one person could effectively teach a 4 year old their letters, work on math with a 8 year old, and get into harder subjects with 14-16 year old. And every age in between. I know they all have poor educations but how do you even pretend? How do you bounce from subject to subject to subject with different grade levels all in one day

My former violin teacher was... fundie-lite (he didn't have tons of kids and was not completly sheltered from the world, because he went to college for his music degree, so maybe just very conservative and religious). He was homeschooling his 3 kids and said that now thanks to Facebook and social media, was able to connect with other homeschooling parents in the area. They made arrangement between them, to divide the subjects according to what each parent felt the most comfortable with. For exemple one parent was very good in math and felt comfortable teaching it, all the homeschool kids would actually go to that parent's house and do math in the morning. Then in the afternoon, they would go to his place for music class. The next day they'd go to another house for history, or science, etc. When he explained it to me, I was very impressed. I thought it was pretty ingenious and a good way to maximise your kids' posibility to learn.

• Upvote 15

On 11/17/2018 at 9:27 PM, Vivi_music said:

My former violin teacher was... fundie-lite (he didn't have tons of kids and was not completly sheltered from the world, because he went to college for his music degree, so maybe just very conservative and religious). He was homeschooling his 3 kids and said that now thanks to Facebook and social media, was able to connect with other homeschooling parents in the area. They made arrangement between them, to divide the subjects according to what each parent felt the most comfortable with. For exemple one parent was very good in math and felt comfortable teaching it, all the homeschool kids would actually go to that parent's house and do math in the morning. Then in the afternoon, they would go to his place for music class. The next day they'd go to another house for history, or science, etc. When he explained it to me, I was very impressed. I thought it was pretty ingenious and a good way to maximise your kids' posibility to learn.

That is cool, but also sounds like...school. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5

Did I read somewhere that Bobby is a pastor for a school? 

Now if I was a parent and I had a teacher there who for no major reason (aka bullying or the child just learns better at home) decided to homeschool. I would be like ahhhh what’s wrong with this school or what’s wrong with the education system if you don’t want them to go to a school you teach at. If this school isn’t good enough for your own child, why would I send mine? 

I dunno I could maybe see some possible pressure from employers to enroll their child/ren at the school. 

But hey I may be wrong, I am not American or a fundie. :)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Oh no! Kade is being photographed by Taryn Yager! Get ready for the tightly wrapped baby picture that looks like she put Vaseline on the lens!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

May I humbly beseech a helpmeet to change this thread title to Tori and Bobby Smith Part 5: Kade is here? I have no power here but like when the titles change over in Duggar land when the baby comes. Just a thought!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh no! Kade is being photographed by Taryn Yager! Get ready for the tightly wrapped baby picture that looks like she put Vaseline on the lens!

yay! bring on the creepy baby mummy pics!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2018 at 9:14 AM, habert said:

That is cool, but also sounds like...school.  

I think it's usually called homeschool co-op. I guess it's cheaper than school taxes as the "teachers" are unpaid but it's also not particularly regulated. Abbie from M is for Mama sends her kids to one (when her mom isn't teaching them).

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

LoraLynn also sends her kids to coops and takes part teaching in it!

She puts her kids in COOPS? Oh the humanity!

index.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

LoraLynn also sends her kids to co-ops* and takes part teaching in it!

*thank you @nelliebelle1197 ?

I was not correcting you, by the way! I could not resist teasing!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

She puts her kids in COOPS? Oh the humanity!

index.jpg

The Rodrigues kids would love to have that much space in their baby cages :P

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A cute picture of Kade. 

6909179D-6E92-491D-868A-BB3A8029F9D2.jpeg

With that editing I can barely see him ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

I don't think this video of Lawson and Kade has been posted here yet, so here you go:

Kade is so cute and tiny! Definitely gives me baby fever, and I've never been a "baby person". Actually, can one have baby fever when already pregnant? It might also just be my hormones, as my husband and I have a little one arriving in April ?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

On 12/2/2018 at 2:16 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

A cute picture of Kade. 

The blur is back. I felt like I was going cross eyed. He's a baby, he truly doesn't need that much editing.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 12/2/2018 at 12:46 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

A cute picture of Kade. 

Oh my, he's adorable, but the only thing not blurred is his mouth.   

• Upvote 2

All is quite from the smiths again. I can see them posting 2-3 sporadic updates about kade. A cute photo shoot of his first birthday. 3 months later another pregnancy announcement. Wash, rinse, repeat ??

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

All is quite from the smiths again. I can see them posting 2-3 sporadic updates about kade. A cute photo shoot of his first birthday. 3 months later another pregnancy announcement. Wash, rinse, repeat ??

But isn't this the best that we can hope for from the fun days we follow? While I know many of us would like to see them escape fundamentalism and their other horrid beliefs, I don't think it's going to happen. I think about the best we can hope for, especially from the Bates and Duggar families, is that some of the adult offspring prefer to have very minimal social media presence and not constantly be posting pictures and their ideas. While I do believe all fundies are harmful, I think that a Joe and Kendra Duggar or a Bobby and Tori Smith are slightly less harmful than say a Jessa Seewald or a Erin Payne. Both Jessica and Erin seem to have the idea of making their lives look as pleasing as possible instead of acting as invisible as possible like Tori and Joe. I put Alyssa Webster in a different category, as I feel like her family has to constantly perform, being the daughter-in-law of a politician.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Photos from baby Kade's shoot with Taryn Yager.

Kade sure is a cutie. Tori looks so much like her mother and Erin, but in a couple of those pics I can see a strong resemblance to Carlin and Alyssa as well. All of the Bates daughters, with the exception of Michael maybe, seem to strongly favor Kelly in different ways.

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

So. Much. Blur. 

But Tori looks very happy, and at least Kade doesn't look like a creepy dead baby. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

So. Much. Blur. 

But Tori looks very happy, and at least Kade doesn't look like a creepy dead baby. 

I was actually feeling the this is the least blur Taryn has ever done. This might be the only photo shoot of hers that I like even a little bit.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic