IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith Part 5: Had Kade and Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

And OF COURSE Lawson has to post a photo of him grinning at the camera and holding baby off to the side. How many days has it been since he posted a selfie holding somebody's cute kid? Oh, 5 whole days. Well then this was right on schedule I guess. Carry on, Lawson. I'll go back to eating my crackers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

As others have said, I'm glad they got proper medical care and had a safe birth. 

Kade is adorable, such a round face for a small newborn. 

Tori looks by far the happiest I've ever seen her.  From the caption to her and Bobby's insta post, it sounds like this has really given them a new purpose as a couple. After getting married they talked about how it was kind of weird and difficult to be intimate (and even, I think, suddenly alone together), so I wonder if they might have struggled with how to relate to each other as a couple and having a baby has given them a clear project to work on together as a team. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I’ll be interested if they become more active on social media now that kade is here. I just looked and they hadn’t posted on their ig since May! The handful of post before that were from April March February so I didn’t notice just how inactive they really were. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I still think it's dumb as hell that they didn't just name him Kade instead of having that be a nickname for Robert. 

But I'm glad everything seemed to have went well. The Bates are so much better about their births than the Duggars (minus Kendra)

• Upvote 13

28 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I still think it's dumb as hell that they didn't just name him Kade instead of having that be a nickname for Robert. 

But I'm glad everything seemed to have went well. The Bates are so much better about their births than the Duggars (minus Kendra)

I really wish they would have just called him by his middle name. I understand wanting to give him his own nickname but Kade doesn’t make much sense to me. Ellis is a good name in my opinion. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, Dandruff said:

If Bobby is still a pastor at a church, and it has a school, I could see them sending Kade there.  It would be good advertising, if nothing else.

I doubt it, I think Tori has her degree in education and at one point I recall someone in their family pointing out how helpful that will be for homeschool.  These 2 are going to have the most children according to their family.  Initially they proclaimed Michael and Tori would have the most kids.

Don’t forget that Kelly and Gil said these 2 are the most like them.

Edited by TeaELSee
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

At least Tori might be able to provide their kids with some decent homeschooling. If this is possible while having a newborn every year.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I can see Tori maybe working in the school of Bobby's church while educating her own kids there as well. If she is not constantly pregnant.

• Upvote 3

Maybe Tori can teach a homeschool co op class once a week. If she’s super fertile, I imagine that’s all she will be able to handle.

On 11/13/2018 at 2:02 AM, SassyPants said:

The wonders of prenatal care and an attended birth! In this department, the Bateses' approach is far and above the Duggars.

Kelly had 16 homebirths, probably with the cheapest medical control during pregnancy. There is evidence that they were really poor. I know homebirths can be safe and deligthful for some women, but I wonder if Bates children became somehow traumatized by watching/listening the births or if they witnessed something awful on those births. 

On the contrary, Michelle had only 3 homebirths, probably idealized that and her daughters felt they should do it, too. It worked well with Anna (even in that toilet!) so the others went along. But Kendra has choosen an hospital birth and she may be setting a new trend.

On 11/13/2018 at 12:40 AM, Markie said:

He’s a cute baby. Tori looks good. I winder which, if any, Bates daughter or wife will not homeschool? 

Whitney. Maybe she can make a deal with Erin and help each other (like a Bates co-op), but I can't picture her seriously homeschooling for years. He started working part time when Kaci was like 1 year old, and using in-laws as babysitters. A woman who dreams to be a SAHM does not do that, specially if hubby is earning a salary. She needs time out of home, which I understand, but it's not the profile of a homeschooler mum. 

• Upvote 13

44 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Maybe she can make a deal with Erin and help each other (like a Bates co-op),

Why don't they do that more often in these families? With so many kids in the same age group you would think that they combine schooling them. Maybe even with one mother focusing on the smaller kids and one on the bigger ones.

• Upvote 17

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Kelly had 16 homebirths, probably with the cheapest medical control during pregnancy. There is evidence that they were really poor. I know homebirths can be safe and deligthful for some women, but I wonder if Bates children became somehow traumatized by watching/listening the births or if they witnessed something awful on those births. 

On the contrary, Michelle had only 3 homebirths, probably idealized that and her daughters felt they should do it, too. It worked well with Anna (even in that toilet!) so the others went along. But Kendra has choosen an hospital birth and she may be setting a 

Yeah this is the one truly non “empty” comparison between the bates and duggars to me. A lot of the other comparisons we make where the bates might seem shinier are really empty when you drill down into things, but when it comes to hospital births for first babies the bates are doing it better. The Duggar girls trying home births for their first babies is just idiotic - particularly since they seem to be getting questionable prenatal care. Like, sure, if your first hospital birth went perfectly I can see trying the home birth for the next one (personally would never - I think this is still too risky), but when you’ve never yet delivered successfully? That’s asking for trouble. Tgod Kendra and jinger are trying their damndest to reverse this trend.

And j.c. If your first birth did not go PERFECTLY you should get your butt to a hospital for the second. I will never understand Jessa’s second home birth after her first ended in an emergency trip to the hospital. (No comment on Jill since I don’t think we ever found out if she truly was attempting a home birth for round 2).

• Upvote 14

37 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Why don't they do that more often in these families? With so many kids in the same age group you would think that they combine schooling them. Maybe even with one mother focusing on the smaller kids and one on the bigger ones.

Well that would make too much sense! In all honesty it is a good idea. If they had 4-5 moms or more they could have grades pre k-2 3-5 6-8 and 9-12. I never understood how one person could effectively teach a 4 year old their letters, work on math with a 8 year old, and get into harder subjects with 14-16 year old. And every age in between. I know they all have poor educations but how do you even pretend? How do you bounce from subject to subject to subject with different grade levels all in one day

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

@Melissa1977 Just one small correction: I believe that Michelle only had two homebirths - Jinger and Joseph. I don’t remember the reason, but I think money was a factor in Michelle opting for homebirths and I believe there was a specific reason she eventually went back to hospital births as well. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

@Melissa1977 Just one small correction: I believe that Michelle only had two homebirths - Jinger and Joseph. I don’t remember the reason, but I think money was a factor in Michelle opting for homebirths and I believe there was a specific reason she eventually went back to hospital births as well. 

And likely the same reason Kelly had home births, money.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

On 11/12/2018 at 9:40 AM, Coconut Flan said:

So Tori not only had the baby at a hospital, she had him at a Catholic hospital.  I'm glad they both seem healthy and fine. 

It's the hospital nearest where she lives.  It's not like she went to Mass.  The staff is extremely secular.  My decidedly not-devout husband used to work there.  ETA:  St. Thomas Midtown used to be Baptist hospital, and it is almost unheard of to have a baby in Nashville and not have it there.  In fact, I can remember my co-workers being downright horrified when I had my babies at Williamson Medical Center, the hospital literally two minutes from my home.  

Edited by QuiverDance
other stuff
  • Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

All I can say is I'm glad she didn't try to comb a part into her newborn son's hair, or stuff him in a Tonka truck... cough.. pecan...cough.

So she's way ahead of the game

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

All I can say is I'm glad she didn't try to comb a part into her newborn son's hair, or stuff him in a Tonka truck... cough.. pecan...cough.

So she's way ahead of the game

Or write a bizarre picture about how her baby isn't Asian. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

It's the hospital nearest where she lives.  It's not like she went to Mass.  The staff is extremely secular.  My decidedly not-devout husband used to work there.  ETA:  St. Thomas Midtown used to be Baptist hospital, and it is almost unheard of to have a baby in Nashville and not have it there.  In fact, I can remember my co-workers being downright horrified when I had my babies at Williamson Medical Center, the hospital literally two minutes from my home.  

Are you me? I also had my babies at Williamson and had so many coworkers trying to talk me into St. Thomas. I wasn't risking the possibility of going up 65 in morning traffic just to birth at St. Thomas when I could be at a hospital just as good in 5 minutes. 

I only thought it was odd that they presumably live near St. Thomas if he is involved with a church in Hendersonville. That is a really awful commute. You couldn't pay me to deal with North Nashville traffic. There is a hospital with a birthing center literally right across the street from that Bible Baptist church (We looked at houses in Hendersonville when I was pregnant with my first before we decided that the commute to downtown from there would be soul-sucking). Not like they're living the 9-5 life though, of course.  

• Upvote 2

Does St. Thomas have a better program for higher risk pregnancies?  I am only asking because Tori did have to take progesterone in the first part of her pregnancy, maybe she has a higher risk of complications. 

I have zero medical or geographical knowledge of that area, just speculating why she would go to a hospital further away.

I may be in the minority here, but I actually think he looks a great deal like his daddy.  I  am glad all went safely for them!!

4 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Does St. Thomas have a better program for higher risk pregnancies?  I am only asking because Tori did have to take progesterone in the first part of her pregnancy, maybe she has a higher risk of complications. 

I have zero medical or geographical knowledge of that area, just speculating why she would go to a hospital further away.

I’m not sure. It could have to do with her medical provider though. My OBGYN is located about 35 minutes away from us in my hometown. The Hospital they have practicing rights at is located in that general area. I live in a small state, so we have several hospitals much closer - including one that’s very good. We felt most comfortable having my doctors deliver our baby though, so we made the 35-40 minute drive instead of going to one closer. It’s possible Tori’s provider didn’t have practicing rights at both hospitals and that’s why they went with St. Thomas. 

• Upvote 3

I love that onesie. It’s pink. And dinosaurs. 6000 year old dinosaurs,

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic