IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith Part 5: Had Kade and Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

48 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

One of my daughters is a Kathryn. I named her after my grandmother, whose name was spelled that way. We call her Katie. Interestingly, my cousin was a bit upset with me, as she named her daughter Kaitlin. I had no idea they had given their baby a nickname of Katie as well. So we have two Katie's in our family, but we see each other like every 5 years so it's not a big deal. At least I hope it's not. I can't imagine she's still upset about it, they are teens/adults now. 

There are so many repeat names in my large extended family that no one seems to mind if a name is repeated. Actually it’s a lot of middle names repeated. And I mean a lot. But middle names don’t matter much anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Kolter reminds me so much of the Dutch word 'kolder' which means nonsense/bullshit/craziness

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

Kolter reminds me so much of the Dutch word 'kolder' which means nonsense/bullshit/craziness

I can’t help but agree with the Dutch here. The name does sound like bullshit.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

On 10/19/2019 at 7:17 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Us Mag sure is making it look like the world is actually interested in a family that has babies every couple of months for the past 9 years. The first female, spacewalk team in history had BETTER be on their front cover next week!

The people who actually read US mag for information don't care about space walks. They want to read about women with clown car vaginas.

What is the deal with finding out the gender and getting the name out there at like 18 weeks?  I remember thinking about picking my kids names and the pressure to make it right, so they could go through life with out people looking at them like WTF is wrong with your parents.  I have  coworker who is expecting now, and she says if it is a girl they are gong to name her Persephone. I normally say NOTHING about peoples names choices but I was so stunned I blurted out  "Why would you do that to your child?" of course she wanted to know what I meant so I figured I had to go all in, I told her I'm being a straight up bitch here I know, but that is the STUPIDEST name I've heard in years, then preceded to tell her that her child will spend the rest of her life being called Purse a phone and then having to explain her name to EVERYONE, so please don't do that to your little baby.  She isn't speaking to me and now thinks I'm a raging twat. 

• Downvote 4
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The people who actually read US mag for information don't care about space walks. They want to read about women with clown car vaginas.

What is the deal with finding out the gender and getting the name out there at like 18 weeks?  I remember thinking about picking my kids names and the pressure to make it right, so they could go through life with out people looking at them like WTF is wrong with your parents.  I have  coworker who is expecting now, and she says if it is a girl they are gong to name her Persephone. I normally say NOTHING about peoples names choices but I was so stunned I blurted out  "Why would you do that to your child?" of course she wanted to know what I meant so I figured I had to go all in, I told her I'm being a straight up bitch here I know, but that is the STUPIDEST name I've heard in years, then preceded to tell her that her child will spend the rest of her life being called Purse a phone and then having to explain her name to EVERYONE, so please don't do that to your little baby.  She isn't speaking to me and now thinks I'm a raging twat. 

I go with "that's interesting" when someone tells me a ridiculous baby name. And Pursephone is an "interesting" name.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I go with "that's interesting" when someone tells me a ridiculous baby name. And Pursephone is an "interesting" name.

I generally just say "oh nice" and leave it at that, but I was blindsided and not prepared, when she said it. :embarrassed:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

I tread very carefully when it comes to names pregnant people are choosing. I recently told a pregnant friend that Everly has become extremely popular in the last few years. Just as a fair warning because that person had said they don’t want a super popular name for their baby. I swear I don’t think I’ve ever seen a name skip close to 500 spots in a year, yet Everly did. That’s an insane jump in popularity. So I just wanted to inform my friend how popular it’s gotten. She wasn’t offended. But she still may use the name. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

On 10/19/2019 at 9:47 AM, lumpentheologie said:

So since Duggar Data is predicting 17 blessings for Bori, I went ahead and named their next 15 sons for them (almost all from the top 1000 baby name list):

Knox

Kyler

Kash

Kason

Kannon

Kase

Kole

Krew

Karter

Kaleb

Kanaan

Kristian

King

Klay

Kullen

Krispy Kreme.

And then of course they can always have "Klan" as a middle name

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

Koltor sounds like a comic book villain from the 1980s

Edited by byzant
Spelling
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

On 10/19/2019 at 3:47 PM, lumpentheologie said:

So since Duggar Data is predicting 17 blessings for Bori, I went ahead and named their next 15 sons for them (almost all from the top 1000 baby name list):

Knox Knoks

Khyler

Kannon Kannyn (it's a female name, yes? I figured Kannon wasn't kr8tyve enough for a girl)

Kase Käse -> since big brother Kolter is named after Hessian quilts, baby number whoknows shouldn't miss out on their own unique German-inspired name. Käse means cheese, btw. Or nonsense, depending on the context. A cheesy name, if you will. 

Kristian Kristin/Kristan In honor of aunt Michal/Michael/Michael(l)a Christian, a letter should just be omitted to further confuse people about the gender of baby with said name

Kingxton -> Just to steal some of Amy Duggar King's thunder about names with -ton at the end

Khlay -> will be cousin Khloé's best friend

Fixed those for you. 

ETA: Spurgeon is, after all, a rather soft name. Kolter just sounds so harsh. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Omg. I just realized that my autocorrect changed the name! The first time I typed the name it changed it to Pursephone- I went back and changed it to the correct spelling- and autocorrect changed it again!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I’m not pregnant, and don’t plan to be for years, but I’ve already got a shortlist of names I love. My mother and sister think they’re awful though, so I don't plan on telling anyone else until after the baby’s are born! I also don't really understand naming a kid before you meet them - I want to see them before settling on a name

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 10/19/2019 at 10:45 AM, FluffySnowball said:

a native Baden speaker now living in Swabia 

Yay, I live in Swabia too! I'm a native English speaker with poor German, and I have no idea what these people are talking about usually. Much easier in Hamburg or Berlin, or even, despite all the mocking Germans do of the accent, in Saxony (possibly because my German teacher at school was from there).

Yesterday I was buying something, and it took me an embarrassing length of time to work out that "oiss n svoisich" was 21...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

@Zebedee Dialects can be tricky, especially for non-natives. It took me quite a while until I understood Scottish, Aussi and so on. But practice makes perfect and I’m sure you’ll master it eventually! 

While Swabian is easy for me to understand, people from my (Baden-speaking) home town still occasionally ask me whether I can understand anything when I tell them where I live now. That’s a bit strange to me cause our Baden dialect is not too different from Swabian. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Kwiver or Kwivver, Kwyvver for a girl. For quiverful folks, how many kids does it take to make a full quiver? Double digits? At least one baby born in the mother's 40s? A dozen? If parents did not use birth control and the mother 'calendared' a la Michelle and the father humped ala JB, if the couple ended up with only 3 blessings would that qualify as a quiver? After all, it is what god gave them.

Back on track, I predict "Kwivver" for Tori's 10th child.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5

On 10/22/2019 at 11:09 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I love ancient Greek names and would totally consider Persephone. You're right that it doesn't exactly follow modern English spelling rules but hey, neither do Chloe or Hermione (not to mention other Greek words like catastrophe, epitome, chaos, charisma, etc.) and people figure it out.

You might want to consider apologizing, since you have to work with this person, and perhaps meet baby Persephone one day!

On 10/23/2019 at 9:56 AM, Bobology said:

Kwiver or Kwivver, Kwyvver for a girl. For quiverful folks, how many kids does it take to make a full quiver? Double digits? At least one baby born in the mother's 40s? A dozen? If parents did not use birth control and the mother 'calendared' a la Michelle and the father humped ala JB, if the couple ended up with only 3 blessings would that qualify as a quiver? After all, it is what god gave them.

Back on track, I predict "Kwivver" for Tori's 10th child.

I randomly saw a documentary about an Amish family on YouTube once (I think it was a TCL thing) and the mom thought a quiver was 12 arrows. I have no idea if quivers were standardized! She didn't think she'd get to a full quiver as she only had 8 kids or so.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I love ancient Greek names and would totally consider Persephone. You're right that it doesn't exactly follow modern English spelling rules but hey, neither do Chloe or Hermione (not to mention other Greek words like catastrophe, epitome, chaos, charisma, etc.) and people figure it out.

I had a college classmate named "Persephone"- we called her "Percy". I always thought Persephone was a cool name. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

You might want to consider apologizing, since you have to work with this person, and perhaps meet baby Persephone one day!

I randomly saw a documentary about an Amish family on YouTube once (I think it was a TCL thing) and the mom thought a quiver was 12 arrows. I have no idea if quivers were standardized! She didn't think she'd get to a full quiver as she only had 8 kids or so.

2 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

I had a college classmate named "Persephone"- we called her "Percy". I always thought Persephone was a cool name. 

So do I. I love Greek myths names. They are just so awesome. Persephone and Andromeda are my favorite with Cassiopeia. I'd love to name kids those names. Also Pandora, Io, Antigone, Hera, Apollo, Athena, Atlas, Prometheus, Ares, Artemis, Hermes, Demeter, and so many more.  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

On 10/22/2019 at 6:09 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I guess we can't be friends now. ?

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 10/19/2019 at 1:53 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband basically let me name our kids. He just had veto power. He never vetoed my choices because our first was named after him and our second was named after his dad and my dad. So you can’t really veto those choices!

I really hope both Kolter and Spurgeon puts in their veto if their future wives wants a son to be a junior. :kitty-wink:

On 10/19/2019 at 2:33 PM, omgpleasestop said:

I must be the only person on FJ (if not the planet) that loves Spurgeon.

Jessa? :shifty:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic