IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith Part 5: Had Kade and Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

So, I just watched Toris ultrasound in the first episode of the new season... 

I'm so amazed that Kelly didn't know that it isn't concerning for a baby to be breech at 27 weeks. You had 19 kids? 

She had mostly home births though yeah? A la second gen duggars? Do we know if she got prenatal care? 

I'm glad all the bates kiddos seem to have been smart with prenatal care at least. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

So, I just watched Toris ultrasound in the first episode of the new season... 

I'm so amazed that Kelly didn't know that it isn't concerning for a baby to be breech at 27 weeks. You had 19 kids? 

She had mostly home births though yeah? A la second gen duggars? Do we know if she got prenatal care? 

I'm glad all the bates kiddos seem to have been smart with prenatal care at least. 

In the old Nightline interviews she talks about using midwives and home births. She was asked if she was given medicine for pain and said no. I remember the reporter asking, "Not even an aspirin?"

I want to say that the last two or three were born at the hospital. It may have been because she started seeing Dr. Vick or maybe it was a medical necessity. 

Her lack of understanding of even some very basic things is concerning. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I want to say that the last two or three were born at the hospital. It may have been because she started seeing Dr. Vick or maybe it was a medical necessity. 

Her lack of understanding of even some very basic things is concerning. 

She had hospital births for the youngest 4 (Ellie, Callie, Jud and Jeb). Addie's birth was the last one as she was born prematurely and very suddenly. I'm not sure if this coincidenced with her starting to see Dr Vick but I think it's likely.

Your right though. You'd think someone who'd had 19 births would have more basic knowledge about childbirth.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

The discussion is a little old now and I don’t really want to ruffle feathers but there’s mostly nothing that different from little boys and little girls if you let them be themselves. I just feel really strongly for little girls and I hope people encourage their little girls to be as adventurous and rambunctious as their little boys, and I hope they don’t call out their more docile little boys as somehow out of the ordinary when girls and boys can have all sorts of personalities. I mean obviously! They’re people.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

On 12/26/2018 at 10:13 PM, ophelia said:

Same here! Sometimes I'm feeling quite jealous, since I want to have a relationship and start a family so badly. But then again I think of all the freedom I have and feel a lot better.

It freaks me out that someone as immature as Tori got married and had a child. She's still a child to me. She acted like a 14 year old during her engagement. 

I don't know how that is fun. 

These poor girls went from the endless drudgery of housekeeping and child rearing to the endless drudgery of housekeeping and child rearing. 

And here she is, really just a kid. Having fun on a trike. 

I find it sad. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, miss_batson said:

At least Lawson reminded us Kade exsist ? as Tori and Bobby rearly post. 

Aww he is so cute and has the Bates ears.

• Upvote 1

Btw , That comment wasn’t intended to be mean, it is in response to Tori’s number one fear of her baby having no hair!

• Upvote 7

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, 19tacos&counting said:

Bobby and Tori are moving back Tennessee 

8FADAB2C-43AC-4449-B2B1-1FE9C44C9D1F.png

BoRi have always lived in Tennessee. Bobby moves up there from Florida so he could marry Tori and she could finish her college degree.

I would guess this means they’re moving back to her parents’ area from where they currently are. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, 19tacos&counting said:

I’m out of the loop lol! I thought they were still in Florida 

Nope! Alyssa and John Webster are the only couple in Florida. The rest are in Tennessee or (in Michael and Brandon’s case) will be in Tennessee soon. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

47 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Nope! Alyssa and John Webster are the only couple in Florida. The rest are in Tennessee or (in Michael and Brandon’s case) will be in Tennessee soon. 

Bobby and Tori lived in a town near Nashville, Tenesse so not as far away as Florida, but she still didnt live near her parents. Thats why Kelly is posting about 2 daughters coming back home.

Bobby  worked as a youth pastor in a church there but a while ago someone in tumblr mentioned that he was not longer listed as employed at the church, i could not verify it so i didnt bring it here but i guess it was true. I think maybe its just that now that Gil church is finished he offered him a job there. This way Tori can be near her family and they can help her with the baby and Bobby near his bff Kelton.

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

Bobby definitely isn't listed on the website of the Hendersonville Bible Baptist Church anymore on their staff page.  Was he even there a year?  Is there enough work at Gil's church to support two (possible) additional pastors (Bobby and Brandon)?  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Is Bobby going to become a plumber? They make good money. I am surprised his job didn’t work out, he was supposed to be working at the Christian school attached to the church too. Kinda bummed for Carlin - this just means she’ll probably move home once pregnant, too.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Snarkle said:

Bobby definitely isn't listed on the website of the Hendersonville Bible Baptist Church anymore on their staff page.  Was he even there a year?  Is there enough work at Gil's church to support two (possible) additional pastors (Bobby and Brandon)?  

It looks like a small church, i dont see how it can possibly support them both. Althought i see Gil loving the idea of having two of his sons in law working for him.

8 minutes ago, onyourwayhome said:

Is Bobby going to become a plumber? They make good money. I am surprised his job didn’t work out, he was supposed to be working at the Christian school attached to the church too. Kinda bummed for Carlin - this just means she’ll probably move home once pregnant, too.

Carlin has already been hinting that she may not move at all after marriage. At first she was like: we will move to Nashville. Now when they ask if they will move out she says they are not sure and thinking about it.

I think she always counted of Tori already being there in Nashville, and now that she will be moving back it doesnt sound so appealing.

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I wonder what he's going to do for a job. Its weird he hadn't worked for that church for very long. Is he going back to that metal place he worked at when he first moved to Tennessee? I can't imagine Gil's church has that much work to hire him and Brandon. I can see Tori wanting to move back so she can get help with Kade. She doesn't seem to do anything and I can see her passing him off as much as possible. She's already had everyone do everything else for her. I'm sure she assumes that'll happen once she's back home with Kade. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Wow, that was sure a short time for Bobby in that church.  Did he possibly leave voluntarily?   I wonder what he will be doing but sure hope it ain't working for Gil.   Same for Brandon. 

What's concerning is that we have two families moving back closer to parents that frankly deserve to have every single married kid move hundreds of miles away to get the distance and space to establish their own lives and more importantly, boundaries.   I don't trust Gil or Kelly to respect that their kids have their own lives and to not encroach on them, nor do I think that all of the siblings know to not encroach on each other.   Some of the expectations to "help out" are too much.   Being that none of the kids know to establish boundaries the next best thing is distance.  I still think Alyssa had the right idea. 

• Upvote 23

I wonder if it wasn't what they thought/not a good fit/or something else went awry. Remember it seemed like the church was so excited for him to come there and they filmed them going to check it out, and then not a word else was breathed about his time there. A reasonable follow up might have been to check up on him there at the church considering they'd allowed them to film there before, but they never did. Maybe it wasn't a good fit or something. 

• Upvote 5

I think Michael/Brandon and Tori/Bobby moving back home gas more to do with logistics of filming the show. Make no mistake, their main source of income is the show.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

I think Gil enjoys being the proud peacock of his church too much to hire someone to do anything remotely related to actual ministry. He should, but he won't. As a preacher, he's got all eyes on him and the respect he wants. He didn't have to go to school for it and still has a large following. If he wanted to grow the church and expand past Bible study and sermons, he's got enough people in his family to do it.  

Bobby went to school to work in the ministry and might be a little too educated for Gil to allow a chance to usurp some of that power. The work he had for him before they moved was more like cleaning up the church building and chores. I don't think Bobby wants to do that for a living.

Logic and the Bates don't always agree.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I am really surprised. Gil cannot be successful enough to employ both son in laws with a decent salary, can he? And let’s not forget in their circles it’s the headships decision. No one could force Bobby to move if he didn’t want/have too. Brandon is a different page as he is a IBPL employee.

• Upvote 2

I was never under the impression that Bobby was part of IBPL,  I thought he was a run of the mill fundie Baptist. I know Chad and Brandon are, I didn’t  think Bobby, Whitney, John, Kelton or Evan were involved in IBPL, at least growing up.

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic