IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith Part 5: Had Kade and Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

Excuse my ignorance, but why would someone pick the name "Kolter"? 

So, a colt is the offspring of a horse. Or, it could be a type of gun (how Tennessee. No offence to TN folks out there. You've got some beautiful mountains and people). So, if the alternative spelling for Colt is Kolt, would a Kolter be a "colt machine"?? Lol!

I suspected Tori was pregnant: she was rounder, and appeared to have gained weight. Besides, at the ripe old age of 11 months, Kade was in the urgent need of becoming a big brother ?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, anjulibai said:

If either of my boys had been a girl, they would have been named Katherine. Technically the K spelling for the name is older than the C spelling, so I wanted to go with the older spelling. I also liked it better. Not sure why

4 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Katherine was always my preferred spelling of the name as well. I used to want to name a daughter Katherine. This is perhaps the only name I prefer with a K over a C. 

Same! And I always think of this quote from the Anne of Avonlea movie when Anne is talking to Katherine Brooke (I can't remember if it's in the book or not):

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Us Mag sure is making it look like the world is actually interested in a family that has babies every couple of months for the past 9 years. The first female, spacewalk team in history had BETTER be on their front cover next week!

Edited by Tangy Bee
Wrong magazine
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Kolter is ridiculous. But the Bates are ridiculous. So there's that.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Kolter? Jesus, that poor kid. And yeah at least Kade is actually Robert. I wonder if they’ve pulled a meaning for the name Kolter out of their asses, like how apparently Kade means “fourth generation” when it means nothing of the sort... :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Saw their announcement right before I went to sleep last night. Earlier I was trying to remember; is it Kolton? No, something else stupid and misspelled with a K. Kondor? 

Now baby Bori 2 will always be Kondor to me. 

I'm thinking "Kwilt."

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

My grandmas name is Catherine Elizabeth so of course I always thought that was the prettiest way to spell it ? I told her she had a “princess name” all the time!

Kolter Grey is vile, but I like that they picked the e spelling of grey if they had to make that his middle name.

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

In French, Catherine is always spelled with a C. So it was only when I learned English that I realized spelling with a K was common. Before that, I thought it was just a cReaTivE spelling. ?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Vivi_music said:

In French, Catherine is always spelled with a C. So it was only when I learned English that I realized spelling with a K was common. Before that, I thought it was just a cReaTivE spelling. ?

I'm guessing the K is from German - something like Katrin -?

• Upvote 2

I'm guessing the K is from German - something like Katrin -?

Or Katharina like in Katharina die Grosse (Catherine the Great of Russia).
  • Upvote 2

On 10/18/2019 at 6:41 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

K is better than some letters. But I have a feeling Tori will pick awful K names. There are names like Kent, Kevin, Katherine, Kara, Kayla, or Kyle. But I bet she will choose names like Kardigan (sorry Keilens).

My name and Mr Melon's name are on this list.

Hint: Children teased Mr Melon when he was in grade school..they said his mother must have named him after a pack of cigarettes,there was a brand by that name,but actually the cigarettes of that brand came out 3 months after Mr Melon was born.

Hint:Three of Henry the Eighth's wives had the same name that I do.

No,our names are not Kardigan...lol.

My German grandmother could not pronounce my name.She called me "Katrina".

• Upvote 6

Katherine is a good name but since they already have a Katie in the family i dont think they would use it. At least so far they seem to be avoiding repeating names.

I can think of a few pretty names with the letter K (like Kira) but not enought if she is really going to have 18.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

There's no way my Russian relatives could pronounce Katherine. I have cousins named Kataryna tho. Usually go by Katya. Polish version is Katarzyina. Actually most just go by Katya. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 9/3/2019 at 6:30 PM, VBOY9977 said:

I think Carlin and Tori will both announce around the same time. This or next month is my guess

You were close!

• Upvote 3

Grey is a nice name. So is Ellis. Ellis and Grey would be so much nicer for their sons than Kade and Kolter. ?

The lovely middle names make the horrid firsts that much more egregious.  ?‍♀️ 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Grey is a nice name. So is Ellis. Ellis and Grey would be so much nicer for their sons than Kade and Kolter. ?

The lovely middle names make the horrid firsts that much more egregious.  ?‍♀️ 

Grey’s Anatomy? Dr Ellis Grey!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

I am not sure their actually is a k theme. Right now, we have Robert and Koltor. The fact that Robert goes by Kade could be a coincidence. In another 25 months we will be wiser. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

29 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I am not sure their actually is a k theme. Right now, we have Robert and Koltor. The fact that Robert goes by Kade could be a coincidence. In another 25 months we will be wiser. 

I think there is a K theme only because she could have nick named Kade “Cade.” And she could have chosen Colter over Kolter. It’s like Kaci and Khloe. There are other choices like Casey and Chloe. Since she spelled both with K, I’m guessing there is a theme.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

It could actually be worse.  They could throw a silent "H" in there and spell it "Kholter" to match cousin Khloe.    My nephew went to school with a girl named "Khelsey" and my sister went to school with a Karen who decided to spell it "Kharyn".  Oh, the options offered with khree8tvye spelling!

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, llucie said:

Katherine is a good name but since they already have a Katie in the family i dont think they would use it. At least so far they seem to be avoiding repeating names.

I can think of a few pretty names with the letter K (like Kira) but not enought if she is really going to have 18.

My MIL has three daughters. The middle daughter whose name is Katie and the youngest daughter whose middle name is Catherine. (A family name) I’ve always thought it was so bizarre that she didn’t just name Katie, Catherine. 

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

My MIL has three daughters. The middle daughter whose name is Katie and the youngest daughter whose middle name is Catherine. (A family name) I’ve always thought it was so bizarre that she didn’t just name Katie, Catherine. 

I know someone who has a daughter named Catherine but goes by Cathy and another daughter named Kate. It reminds me of Alyssa. Who has two daughters who each have a nickname for Alexandra (Allie and Lexi). I was sure her third would be Andy!

• Upvote 5

One of my daughters is a Kathryn. I named her after my grandmother, whose name was spelled that way. We call her Katie. Interestingly, my cousin was a bit upset with me, as she named her daughter Kaitlin. I had no idea they had given their baby a nickname of Katie as well. So we have two Katie's in our family, but we see each other like every 5 years so it's not a big deal. At least I hope it's not. I can't imagine she's still upset about it, they are teens/adults now. 

• Upvote 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic