Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Baby Name Thread 2

Recommended Posts

Meh
AliceInFundyland
53 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

Has anyone ever wondered how what they would name their personal quiver if they decided to go quiverfull? 

I got bored having no Duggar (or own) offspring to name at the moment that I askes my husband to come up with names for our hypothetical 12 children 😅

Yes, I can’t get past about 6. I am so picky about names. My own name has caused me such growing pains that I would only put a few on my own kids. 

Not on purpose but many align with British royalty. Which is a shame because that makes the recent kiddo ones more popular. I love Elizabeth and Katherine though. Timeless and so many nicknames can be had depending on personality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Screamapillar

First I want to clarify that these are not the kind of names that I gave my actual children, who I love too much to saddle with horrible monickers....

First child's name would be a tryndy name beginning with A, second child's name a tryndy name beginning with B, and so on and so on. Middle names would be obscure Biblical names. And yes, I have decided upon all 52 possible names (one for each letter and sex, assuming I made it to 26 kids and was the envy of the fundie world) while bored at work ages ago. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JordynDarby5
4 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

Has anyone ever wondered how what they would name their personal quiver if they decided to go quiverfull? 

I got bored having no Duggar (or own) offspring to name at the moment that I askes my husband to come up with names for our hypothetical 12 children 😅

I already have six first and middle names (Middle names that are names from both sides of my family tree) picked out for my hypothetical children. It had to be six to evenly pick from both sides of my family. But can easily come up with seven more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iamtheway
5 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

Has anyone ever wondered how what they would name their personal quiver if they decided to go quiverfull? 

I got bored having no Duggar (or own) offspring to name at the moment that I askes my husband to come up with names for our hypothetical 12 children 😅

I’m sure I can do this if I don’t have to involve Mr Way. We had so much trouble naming the one kid we have I think trying to name a whole quiver would drive us to divorce. :pb_lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AussieKrissy
5 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

Has anyone ever wondered how what they would name their personal quiver if they decided to go quiverfull? 

I got bored having no Duggar (or own) offspring to name at the moment that I askes my husband to come up with names for our hypothetical 12 children 😅

To send myself to sleep, I rename the duggar kids, That is I come up with 19 names that I would want my hypothetical 19 children to be called. I rarely make it to the little girls before I am off to sleep. It is super hard thinking of 19 names. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

I wouldn’t go with a naming letter theme if I went quiverful. I would just go with names I like. However it’s possible I would make sure their names started with all different letters. That way I could easily label their belongings with just one letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing

I've always been kind of obsessed with names and I used to have lists of my favourites. If I had 19 kids myself I'd just use all my favourites. No theme or anything. 

21 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

To send myself to sleep, I rename the duggar kids, That is I come up with 19 names that I would want my hypothetical 19 children to be called. I rarely make it to the little girls before I am off to sleep. It is super hard thinking of 19 names. 

Someone else does this?! I have literally written out lists of 19 or 20 names all starting with the same letter to try and put myself to sleep. I'd write other lists of names following other parameters too. I mostly just do crossword puzzles now. :pb_lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AussieKrissy
7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I've always been kind of obsessed with names and I used to have lists of my favourites. If I had 19 kids myself I'd just use all my favourites. No theme or anything. 

Someone else does this?! I have literally written out lists of 19 or 20 names all starting with the same letter to try and put myself to sleep. I'd write other lists of names following other parameters too. I mostly just do crossword puzzles now. :pb_lol:

I just use my favourites too. (though i do like a lot of j names for boys lol)

My problem is that i can't work out what order I would use them in. ie favourites first even though they don't go with a middle (family name) I really want to use. 

When I had to name my baby, I thought she could possibly be my only one so I wanted my mums name in there. So a middle name I wanted to go with the first name I had got scrapped. 

So know that I have ninteen to name leaves me to leave some in reserve that I if in the  hypothetical real situation of 19 kids (and not knowing I would have more) would do.

If that makes sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anjulibai

I don't think I'd use a theme if I had a quiver, either, though I do sort of have a theme going right now with my 2 boys (just a coincidence names of Kings of England and Scotland). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea

When I first started lurking here (when dinosaurs roamed, etc.) there was a thread on how you'd name the Duggar kids. Let's resurrect the idea! I'm going to try first names in alphabetical order and middle names in reverse alphabetical.

Josh --> Andrew Zachary

Jana --> Bethany Yvonne

John --> Charles Xavier (I'm gonna assume they are too pure to know about Professor X!)

Jill --> Danielle Wilhelmina

Jessa --> Emily Violet (nickname "Violent")

Jinger --> Francine Una

Joseph --> Garret Thomas

Josiah --> Henry Stephen

Joy-Anna --> Ivy Roberta

Jedediah --> Joshua Quincy (I assume Josh was their fave J name as they used it first)

Jeremiah --> Kaleb Phillip (I agree that Caleb should have a C, but this family thought Jinger was OK!)

Jason --> Lyle Oliver

James --> Matthew Nolan

Justin --> Neil Mordecai

Jackson --> Owen Leonard

Johanna --> Priscilla Kayleigh

Jennifer --> Quinn Johanna (I thought Johanna best matched Quinn out of all the girl names they've used)

Jordyn-Grace --> Robyn-Grace Irena

Josie --> Stephanie Helen

 

I attempted to be like the Duggars with some kreative spelling and using a few names that sound similar, and some family names. I think my taste is a bit more old-fashioned though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Alice, Beatrice, Cecelia, Dimitri, Edwin, Finn, Georgianna, Henry, Irene, Josephine, Kathrine, Louisa, Malcolm, Nora, Oliver, Peter, Quinn, Rhett, Simon, Theodore, Ulric, Vivian, William, Xavier, Yves,  Zinnia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neurogirl

Hmm..looking at the names I like, the girls names would end with "a" and the boys names would end with "el". And I swear I'm not Jill!

But lets fundie it up. All middle names will be virtues. The Duggars named 10 boys and 10 girls with the J theme so I will do the same. 

Girls: Kiera Faith, Lara Grace, Clara Mercy (maybe those two will have to be twins), Ella Hope, Terra Constance, Cecelia Temperance, Louisa Patience, Amelia Praise, Virginia Chastity (OMG), and Anna-Joy (see what I did there)!

Boys: Gabriel Honor, Daniel Valor, Ezekiel Courage, Samuel Revelation, Michael Redemption (not really virtue names but close and I like them), Emmanuel Truth, Nathaniel Diligence, Lionel Perseverance, Raphael Justice, and Israel Peace (because I can't think of anymore normal ones!) 

I mean...the list was inspired by the kinds of names I like and uh...I actually like a fair number of these. Don't really want to press a kid with a virtue name but yeah I like these more than I thought. Mostly the girls. 

Edited by neurogirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AussieKrissy
1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

Hmm..looking at the names I like, the girls names would end with "a" and the boys names would end with "el". And I swear I'm not Jill!

But lets fundie it up. All middle names will be virtues. The Duggars named 10 boys and 10 girls with the J theme so I will do the same. 

Girls: Kiera Faith, Lara Grace, Clara Mercy (maybe those two will have to be twins), Ella Hope, Terra Constance, Cecelia Temperance, Louisa Patience, Amelia Praise, Virginia Chastity (OMG), and Anna-Joy (see what I did there)!

Boys: Gabriel Honor, Daniel Valor, Ezekiel Courage, Samuel Revelation, Michael Redemption (not really virtue names but close and I like them), Emmanuel Truth, Nathaniel Diligence, Lionel Perseverance, Raphael Justice, and Israel Peace (because I can't think of anymore normal ones!) 

I mean...the list was inspired by the kinds of names I like and uh...I actually like a fair number of these. Don't really want to press a kid with a virtue name but yeah I like these more than I thought. Mostly the girls. 

James Pearce

Zoe Mai

Joseph Glenn

Calliope Anastasia

Zara Angelique

Shelby Elizabeth

Jack Allan

Daniel Christian

Emma Claire

Henry Gilbert

Troy Darcy

William Simon

Luke Patrick

Samuel Oliver

Blake Owen

Savannah Grace

Kate Symone

Olivia Kristine

Mary Valmai 

 

And because sometimes I do the Bates instead of the Duggars 

One each to Swap in or out 

Ethan Michael 

Felicity Eloise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
mango_fandango

I like writing stories, which means characters to name. I tend to have a lot of female characters in my stories, as I find that there are way more girl names that I like rather than boy ones. I know that naming any real life kids I have in the future will be more difficult as I’d have to take a partner’s opinions into account. So when I name story characters I get to use the names I like!!

 I also play The Sims so there are naming opportunities there too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
Markie

Here I go: Amanda Faith, Benjamin Prosper, Constance Grace, David Pecan, Emma Joy, Francis Drake, Georgiana Darcy, Henry Mather, Isabella Hope, Jacob Calvin, Katherine Joyce, Lawrence Spurgeon, Madeline Verity, Noble Hunter, Ophelia Mercy, Paul Fortitude, Quinlee Devine, Robert Wilberforce, Sarah Patience, Terence Stanley, Uma Love, Victor Elliot, Wendy Sophia, Xavier Francis, Yolanda Anne, Zachariah Resolve! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JordynDarby5
1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

I like writing stories, which means characters to name. I tend to have a lot of female characters in my stories, as I find that there are way more girl names that I like rather than boy ones. I know that naming any real life kids I have in the future will be more difficult as I’d have to take a partner’s opinions into account. So when I name story characters I get to use the names I like!!

 I also play The Sims so there are naming opportunities there too. 

So do I. I think that's what got me into stories. I can name everyone and create their personalities and backstory. Its really fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neurogirl
1 hour ago, Markie said:

Here I go: Paul Fortitude

Fortitude!!! I was looking up virtue names for boys all afternoon and this is a great one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
mango_fandango
5 hours ago, Markie said:

Here I go: Amanda Faith, Benjamin Prosper, Constance Grace, David Pecan, Emma Joy, Francis Drake, Georgiana Darcy, Henry Mather, Isabella Hope, Jacob Calvin, Katherine Joyce, Lawrence Spurgeon, Madeline Verity, Noble Hunter, Ophelia Mercy, Paul Fortitude, Quinlee Devine, Robert Wilberforce, Sarah Patience, Terence Stanley, Uma Love, Victor Elliot, Wendy Sophia, Xavier Francis, Yolanda Anne, Zachariah Resolve! 

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

Right now one of my Sims 3 families is “fundie”, and the parents’ naming scheme was alphabetical: Andrew, Bethany, Christopher, Diana, Elijah, Francesca (not strictly Biblical but female of Francis), Gabriel and Hannah. Andrew has three kids of his own, and I went all M names after his mom: Matilda, Morgan and M-something (not actually played them for a bit, I forgot the other girl’s name). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anjulibai

Well I guess I'll do Kings and Queens of England and Scotland with Greek middle names:

Boys:
Henry Leonidas
William Odysseos 
James Platon
George Aristride
Edward Nikolaos
Richard Apollodoros
Charles Heron
Robert Diogenes
Alexander Lysandros
Alfred Diodoros
 

Girls:
Elizabeth Athenais
Matilda Hypatia
Anna Eudoxia
Victoria Antigone
Margaret Demitria
Katherine Eirene
Isabella Melpomene 
Charlotte Helene
Eleanor Olympia
Mary Eurydike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea

TIL that Heron was an ancient Greek engineer and not just the name of a gangly bird.  I really like those birds; my bf's last name ends in N so I don't think this'll work for me but I can dream!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SorenaJ

Here are the names I would use if I were to name my quiver (assuming 20 kids, 10 boys and 10 girls in random order, though girls names are listed first)

How I would realistically name my quiver (astronomy theme): 

Cosima
Aurora
Helena
Callista
Miranda
Gaia
Alma
Luna
Nova
Leda
Orion
Sirius
Castor
Pollux
Leo
Rigel
Caelum
Triton
Mimas
Arcas

How I would name my quiver using alphabet theme (without repeating the astronomy names): 

Andrew/Annabelle
Benjamin/Beatrice
Charles/Charlotte
David/Dorothy
Edward/Emma
Felix/Florence
Gregory/Gemma
Harry/Hallie
Isaac/Isobel
Jacob/Juniper
Kingsley/Katie
Lachlan/Lucy
Matthew /Matilda
Noah/Nora
Oscar/Olivia
Paul/Phoebe
Quintin/Quinn
Rory/Rose
Simon/Sophia
Thomas/Tahlia

How I would name my quiver using J-names (J-names from alphabet theme can be used): 

 

Juniper
Jemma
Julia
Jennifer
Judy
Juno
Jayla
Jolene
Joelle
Jorgia
Jacob
Jude
John
Jesse
Joseph
Jasper
Jonah
Jordan
Jeremiah
Justin

Edited by SorenaJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
SweetJuly

@SorenaJ How I wish JB and Michelle had contacted you for inspiration regarding J-names!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IReallyAmHopewell

I think John David and Abby will be next. I'm missing the whole naming "theme" thing. Two possibles for them:

Name boys for great aviators!  Chuck Yeager Duggar, for example! lol

Seriously, it's time one of these couples follows Joshy/Anna or her sister Prissy/TFDW. I'll go with the later:

Jenna Davina Duggar

Jerusha Dawn Duggar

Julia Deanna Duggar

Andrew Garret Duggar

Anthony George Duggar

Aaron Gordon Duggar

Or for 'Siah and Lauren,  they could go with "S" for boys and L for girls--both have M as a middle initial

Steven Maxwell Duggar (couldn't resist!)

Seth Martin Duggar

Shane Matthew Duggar

Libby Michelle Duggar

Lindsey Marissa Duggar

Lorelei Mary Duggar

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
Jatalie1996

I guess now is as good a place and time as any to admit this. I made up my own imaginary fundie family for storytelling purposes, and just happened to name them alphabetically!

Amanda Grace (who has four children of her own: Lydia Joy, Caleb Michael, Norah Grace, and Clara Faith)

Bryan Alexander

Christian David

Derek Joseph

Elizabeth Kate/Faith Marie (twins)

Gabriel James

Hunter Matthew

Isabella Hope

Jackson Christopher

Kylie Renee

Lucy Joy

Madelyn Rose

Nicholas Paul

Seriously, I could probably name a whole network of fundie families using name schemes. I'm obsessed with baby names!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
habert

If I had a quiver and I was married to the idea of having a theme I’d do the alphabet backwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.