IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 2

Coconut Flan

Then we have George Foreman 's boys: George,.George, George, George, and...wait for it...George.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Then we have George Foreman 's boys: George,.George, George, George, and...wait for it...George.

Including the girl!  (middle name in that case, if memory serves)

The only one that makes me SMH is the Websters with both Allie and Lexi -- those are both nicknames for the same name -- Alexis/Alexandra/Alexandria.

That could cause them confusion in the future when folks assume there is a full name behind each nickname.  But obviously, their choice.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Including the girl!  (middle name in that case, if memory serves)

The only one that makes me SMH is the Websters with both Allie and Lexi -- those are both nicknames for the same name -- Alexis/Alexandra/Alexandria.

That could cause them confusion in the future when folks assume there is a full name behind each nickname.  But obviously, their choice.

Most Allies I know are really “Allison” or “Alice”.

Edited by DalmatianCat
Punctuation
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

Me too.  I actually have never known an Alice, but I know several Allie's and it's always short for Allison/Alison.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Briana from Teen Mom 2 named both her daughter's Nova Star and Stella Star so both have names that more or less mean Star Star. I would look up future children's names meaning out of interest but it's not the most important thing to me. Grace Annette is not anything that obviously means the same and she probably wont be going by both names, Gracie appears to be the names they will be calling her. 

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

I think that must me a generational thing! I've known an Alexis/Alli, Alexandra/Aly, Alexandrea/Ali, and an Alexandra/Alli. I also went to school with an Alexandria/Alex,  sisters called Alexandra/Andie and Alexis/Lexi (super original right? lol), and one just-plain Allie. I do know 1 Allison, but she goes by Allison, and I think I've met an Alice once. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

I feel like Alice is one of those old-fashioned names that should have a resurgence soon like Emma/Olivia/Sophie.

I know a four-year-old Alice.  She's named for her grandma who is Mary-Alice.

• Love 3

Christopher and Anna Marie Maxwell have a son as of last night.  No details yet, but if you want to slip in a last minute guess, now is the time.  I'm on the record for Timothy Luke at 9 lb, 2 oz.  Baby was due in mid February but had to be induced due to discovery of breast cancer in Anna Marie.

Joseph and Elissa Maxwell are due with baby #3 shortly.  

15 hours ago, petrushka said:

Christopher and Anna Marie Maxwell have a son as of last night.  No details yet, but if you want to slip in a last minute guess, now is the time.

I'll guess Caleb Grant.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic