IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 2

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Most likely some underwhelming trendy/cutesy name like Cassidy or Callie. 

Lauren seems really stuck on making sure the names have meaning so we will see

• Upvote 4

Philemon would work for a Waller boy. It's Biblical and they could get extra bonus points because it's a book of the Bible. Imagine how David could lure the origin of the name Philemon over many people.

18 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

@Ivycoveredtower Apparently Josiah will name the sons and Lauren will name the daughters. I wonder if Josiah named Asa, then. 

@justmy2cents For the Wallers, I'm going with Peter Wallace or Della Christine. 

I know he said that which I find interesting because I swear lauren said she picked out Asa that she had been going through a name book and liked the meaning. Maybe the boy thing became a deal with Bella's pregnancy

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Philemon would work for a Waller boy. It's Biblical and they could get extra bonus points because it's a book of the Bible. Imagine how David could lure the origin of the name Philemon over many people.

I hadn't thought of Philemon, but they may steer away from that name since they already have a Philip.  Then again, these are fundies we're talking about.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

I hadn't thought of Philemon, but they may steer away from that name since they already have a Philip.  Then again, these are fundies we're talking about.

Hooking onto this train of thought...... They could do Phinn, Phrank, Phletcher, etc......?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I know he said that which I find interesting because I swear lauren said she picked out Asa that she had been going through a name book and liked the meaning. Maybe the boy thing became a deal with Bella's pregnancy

It might've been one of those things where Lauren (who definitely seems like she wants her way) was really struggling  after the miscarriage and picked Asa's name and then when she found out they were having a girl she wanted Bella and told Josiah "well you can pick the boy names, honey" while secretly hoping she still gets to pick all of them. I think she will at least pick any girl names or the names of any future losses, should they have more, and then strongly suggest boy names to Josiah. 

I'm also betting that the ABC naming theme came out AFTER Asa and Bella. 

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

44 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

I'm also betting that the ABC naming theme came out AFTER Asa and Bella. 

Josiah said that was what happened on the show.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

So their next child will be something like Celeste or Christopher? I think Celeste means heavenly or some such...and they can't use Caleb (or would they?). Then Delia or Daniel...Emma or Elijah...Fiona or Fred? Gabriel or Gabrielle, Howard or Hope, Isla or, um, Ian? It'll be interesting to see if they get to J. Julie (ha) or Josiah jr. Katherine or Kevin? Luke or Lauren jr. And that's all I've got.

I think an alphabet theme is super cute and fun to guess about, but I also think it's better suited for dolls or fictional characters or something. Children are supposed to be individuals  not one of a collection. But I know I'm preaching to the choir here.

• Upvote 7

I'm gonna guess for the Wallers:

Peter Matthew, classic and no fun name if it's a boy

and if they are doing the boys' P and Girls' D -> Dinah Hope or Diana Grace, here I had some fun because they had DAvia then DEstiny so the next girl should be DI... Hope or Grace are usual middle name for fundie and they already have Faith.

but if they are just switching between P and D and the next one is a girl -> Patience Rebecca because they need some more vitue name beside the old ones

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Markie said:

Waller baby guess: Peter Martin or Percival Brian for boys and Donna Christine or Diana Rebecca for girls. 

It would be great if they'd name him Percival Brian.  Dumbledore would be so pleased.  ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

7 hours ago, Markie said:

Waller baby guess: Peter Martin or Percival Brian for boys and Donna Christine or Diana Rebecca for girls. 

Percival Brian, no don’t ruin Dumbledore for me... 

• Haha 4

My name guesses for the Wallers:

Peter Michael

Phoebe Rebecca

Douglas James

Dorothy Rebecca

It all depends what their P and D naming trend turns out to be. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wallers need to have a girl so that we can know once and for all what naming trend they're following xD I guess Peter or Daniel for a boy, Patience or Darcy for a girl. 

Any bets on who’s going to have a special announcement this holiday season?

Abbie is the only one pregnant (that we know of). Obviously Anna, Kendra, and Lauren are out because they just gave birth.

Jill would seem like a likely prospect because it’s been so long since she had Sam, but I’m like 99% sure she’s not pregnant. It’s probably still too soon for Joy, but maybe. Also probably too soon for Jessa, but not outside the realm of possibility - she got pregnant with Henry when Spurgeon was 5 months old and Ivy is 7 months now.

My money’s on Jinger. Felicity is a year and half now and they need another little bow or bow tie prop. Baking and fine men’s fashion don’t seem to be working out for them too well.

• Upvote 7

55 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Abbie is the only one pregnant (that we know of). Obviously Anna, Kendra, and Lauren are out because they just gave birth.

Jill would seem like a likely prospect because it’s been so long since she had Sam, but I’m like 99% sure she’s not pregnant. It’s probably still too soon for Joy, but maybe. Also probably too soon for Jessa, but not outside the realm of possibility - she got pregnant with Henry when Spurgeon was 5 months old and Ivy is 7 months now.

My money’s on Jinger. Felicity is a year and half now and they need another little bow or bow tie prop. Baking and fine men’s fashion don’t seem to be working out for them too well.

I can see Jinger annoucing next and then Joy in the next few months, they did say that they were wanting to wait after losing Annabell before trying again. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I can see Jinger annoucing next and then Joy in the next few months, they did say that they were wanting to wait after losing Annabell before trying again. 

How can they wait when she has to be joyfully available, and they're not allowed birth control? Ok, I'm spending Christmas eve in the prayer closet.

• I Agree 2

Joy said she wanted to wait to give her body time to heal, but she didn't sound enthusiastic about it, and I wish I could be more optimistic, but... ? 

• Upvote 2

Isaac would be a pretty obvious bet for a boy name. Or maybe Isaiah? Josiah and Isaiah... eh, this is the Duggars. There are quite a few Biblical C names for girls, including my own name... they could use Chloe, or maybe Christina. 

I also see Jinger and Joy announcing at some point in the next six months or so. I wonder about Jill, too, although I’m not so sure there.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think the next to announce will be Joy and then Jinger. Jinger has been hiding/covering her abdominal area in photos the past few weeks.

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom

23 hours ago, mollysmom said:

@jillsdopplerofdoom I know I've said this before but I love love love your username!! It makes me giggle every time I see it!! 

Thank you. ?? I saw someone had written the phrase on the Dillard thread and thought it would make an awesome username.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic