IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 2

Coconut Flan

I always wondered why they didn’t have a Jeff. It is sufficiently different from all their other boys’ names. I didn’t dislike JimBob’s favourite, Julie or Juliana. 

• Upvote 4

I still can’t get over Joseph and Josiah Josie and Johanna pick one jo or joe name and be done with it. Lucky their can be a Si and Hanney in the mix for them. 

With the James/jacob discussion. I think Jacob has enough stand alone presence to be considered a name in its own right now. 

Same as if I heard sisters called Zoe and Eve or Sarah, Zara and Sadie.  I would hope the parents were not ignorant in calling their girls the same name, but I would also be aware the vast population view them as stand alone names now and would not realise they are the “same” name. 

I would have a James and a Jacob as a sibset 

i always wondered why they didn’t use Jack. I know it’s a derivative of john... 

or jacqueline? 

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, Markie said:

I always wondered why they didn’t have a Jeff. It is sufficiently different from all their other boys’ names. I didn’t dislike JimBob’s favourite, Julie or Juliana. 

My name is a one of the Juli(e/a/ette/ana) names and I'm always partly miffed they didn't think it or a variation of it was good enough for one of their kids, but also glad I don't have a duggar with my name. 

There are so many options with J to break up all the Jo whatever names. Who knows why they didn't.

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I still can’t get over Joseph and Josiah Josie and Johanna pick one jo or joe name and be done with it. Lucky their can be a Si and Hanney in the mix for them. 

With the James/jacob discussion. I think Jacob has enough stand alone presence to be considered a name in its own right now. 

Same as if I heard sisters called Zoe and Eve or Sarah, Zara and Sadie.  I would hope the parents were not ignorant in calling their girls the same name, but I would also be aware the vast population view them as stand alone names now and would not realise they are the “same” name. 

I would have a James and a Jacob as a sibset 

i always wondered why they didn’t use Jack. I know it’s a derivative of john... 

or jacqueline? 

Do they call Jackson “Jack?” I don’t think I’ve heard them but I guess it’s possible a few family members call him Jack for short.

15 minutes ago, Babysitter said:

My name is a one of the Juli(e/a/ette/ana) names and I'm always partly miffed they didn't think it or a variation of it was good enough for one of their kids, but also glad I don't have a duggar with my name. 

There are so many options with J to break up all the Jo whatever names. Who knows why they didn't.

They only have one Ju name (Justin, I guess I should include Jubilee though). They should have chosen a few more to break up the monotony. June would have been cute along with Julia/Juliet.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do they call Jackson “Jack?” I don’t think I’ve heard them but I guess it’s possible a few family members call him Jack for short.

They only have one Ju name (Justin, I guess I should include Jubilee though). They should have chosen a few more to break up the monotony. June would have been cute along with Julia/Juliet.

Lol omg I just totally forgot about Jackson. Brain fart  Most prob because he is a lost boy and i prefer just jack. 

• Upvote 2

As far as I understand Jack is a diminutive of John.  It's not a "name" per se.

So too Harry.  It's a diminutive for Henry (usually) or Harold.

What ever you call your kids is ok by me.  But like SorenJ , I am interested in names and how they derive.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

As far as I understand Jack is a diminutive of John.  It's not a "name" per se.

So too Harry.  It's a diminutive for Henry (usually) or Harold.

Names vs. nicknames round 174.1 begins....

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6

I think Julie/Julia is a beautiful name. I don't understand why they wouldn't have gone for it, rather than use Johanna when they have Joy Anna. 

I mean, having 19 kids in theory sounds amazing, because I am a huuuuge name nerd, and I would love to name 19 different kids, ha. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, viii said:

I think Julie/Julia is a beautiful name. I don't understand why they wouldn't have gone for it, rather than use Johanna when they have Joy Anna. 

I mean, having 19 kids in theory sounds amazing, because I am a huuuuge name nerd, and I would love to name 19 different kids, ha. 

Just give your favorite names to your pets! It’s why I had a cat named Georgina ;)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

All my pets have had people names too.

Kelly, Judy, Samantha, Tyler and Ralph.

Vicki, Maurice, John, Peter, Suzi and Tanya.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 11/3/2018 at 2:37 PM, SorenaJ said:

Haha, maybe, well I'm a name geek so to me it would have been a common fact. Lots of names sound very different, but have the same root. 

I know someone who is called Jacob with the middle name James, and that just makes me cringe a little bit. Or when people call siblings the same name like Michael and Michelle, Elizabeth and Isabella, Oliver and Olivia, Jens and Hans (Danish example). 

How about when the person has the same name for first and middle? I roll my eyes at names like Anna Grace, Grace Anne, etc. Can't think of any other examples offhand.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Sims!

I want to get into Sims so bad, but I don't know if my computer would have enough room for it. I wish they had a decent xbox version. 

• Upvote 3

These are my current baby name predictions for each couple's next kid (I'm bored and I am way behind on NaNoWriMo and procrastinating like a professional procrastinator):

Josh & Anna: Maxwell David or Mercy Michelle

Jill and Derick: Peter Floyd or Selah Michelle

Jessa and Ben: Lincoln Tozer or Piper Lauren

Jinger and Jeremy: Nathan Charles or Sophia Verity

Joy and Austin: Ezra James or Lily Anna

Joseph and Kendra: Noah James or Paisley Joy

Josiah and Lauren: Isaiah Matthew or Adeline Milagro

John and Abbie: Tucker John or Sarah Grace

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Jill and Derick: Peter Floyd 

And I'd forever call him Pink Floyd.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

And I'd forever call him Pink Floyd.

I mean, all in all he would be just another brick in the wall.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I mean, all in all he would be just another brick in the wall.

Good thing, because he certainly wouldn't get no education....

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Good thing, because he certainly wouldn't get no education....

Is Cream of Bacon soup an actual thing?

• Upvote 1

On 11/8/2018 at 1:47 PM, meee said:

How about when the person has the same name for first and middle? I roll my eyes at names like Anna Grace, Grace Anne, etc. Can't think of any other examples offhand.

The Corrals have a Hannah Grace. 

ETA: I have met a Jacob James before. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 2

So does anyone want to bet which Duggar couple is going to break this beautiful baby-free streak and announce a pregnancy first?

My imaginary money’s on Josiah and Lauren, followed by Joe and Kendra. 

• Upvote 5

Anna, Lauren, Abbie, Kendra, Jessa, Joy, Jill, Jinger.

Am I missing anyone? Oops , forgot Jinger. She goes last anyway.

Edited by AtlanticTug
  • Upvote 2

Josh & Anna: Melody or Matthew

Jill and Derick: Selah or Ezekiel

Jessa and Ben: Theodore Tozer or Charlotte

Jinger and Jeremy: Charles or Vivian

Joy and Austin: Simon or Lydia

Joseph and Kendra: Kylie or Wyatt

Josiah and Lauren: Noah or Naomi

John and Abbie: Elizabeth or Ethan

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

Is Cream of Bacon soup an actual thing?

Sadly, yes - I found that image on Campbell's website.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

I'm guessing Jessa is next, but I've been thinking we'll get an announcement any day for a LONG time.

My guess: Jessa, Lauren, Abbie, Kendra, Joy, Anna, Jill, Jinger 

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic