IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 2

Coconut Flan

I had another thought for Lauren's baby. Dorothy Milagro. She said in the announcement (I don't have it in front of me but something like) "miracle gift from God" - and Dorothy means "gift of God" I believe, and Milagro means miracle, so there you go - she's hinting at the name already. 

• Upvote 7

Is Milagro a family name that’s been used on generations before Lauren? So many guesses for it as a middle name, I’m surprised. I could see them using Mary in the middle.

4 hours ago, meee said:

I had another thought for Lauren's baby. Dorothy Milagro. She said in the announcement (I don't have it in front of me but something like) "miracle gift from God" - and Dorothy means "gift of God" I believe, and Milagro means miracle, so there you go - she's hinting at the name already. 

There are a lot of names that mean gift or gift of God.

Zevida (Hebrew, “gift”)

Vania/Vanya (Russian, “gift of God” derived from John)

Theodora (Greek, “gift of God” from the same roots as Dorothy)

Preye (Nigerian, “God’s gift or blessing”)

Noni (Swahili, “she who is a gift of God”)

Nathania/Natanielle (Hebrew, “a gift, or given of God”, feminine version of Nathaniel)

Nafia (Swahili, “gift”)

Mattea (Hebrew, “gift of God” feminine version of Matthew)

Juanita/Joan/Jane/Joni/Joanne/Jean/Janet/Ivana/Gianna (all variants of John, which is Hebrew for “God’s gracious gift”)

Isadora (Greek, “gift”)

Fedora (Russian, “gift of God”)

Eudora (Greek, “pleasant gift”)

Edith (English, “valuable gift”)

Dora (Greek, “gift”)

Donica (Latin, “gift”)

Aldora (Old German, “gift”)

Adia (Swahili, “she is a gift from God”)

There you go, SiRen, I named your whole future quiver for you.

• Upvote 1

Does Lauren have latinx background?

I doubt they would use the name Milagro again if not, because despite its meaning it's mostly a Catholic name in the Spanish speaking world (Milagros, with an s - I'm not sure her version is used at all, which is why I wonder if anyone in her family is latinx). But then again, imo Mary is also a really Catholic name, and they might use if because of Grandma who is in Heaven with their Asa... Out of all the in-laws she's the one who strikes me as the most likely to add Mary-like names. 

44 minutes ago, Jooosefina said:

I doubt they would use the name Milagro again if not, because despite its meaning it's mostly a Catholic name in the Spanish speaking world (Milagros, with an s - I'm not sure her version is used at all, which is why I wonder if anyone in her family is latinx). But then again, imo Mary is also a really Catholic name, and they might use if because of Grandma who is in Heaven with their Asa... Out of all the in-laws she's the one who strikes me as the most likely to add Mary-like names. 

Milagro is Lauren's middle name. Her mother is Salvadoran.

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, Smee said:

Is Milagro a family name that’s been used on generations before Lauren? So many guesses for it as a middle name, I’m surprised. I could see them using Mary in the middle.

Zevida (Hebrew, “gift”)

Nathania/Natanielle (Hebrew, “a gift, or given of God”, feminine version of Nathaniel)

Nafia (Swahili, “gift”)

Juanita/Joan/Jane/Joni/Joanne/Jean/Janet/Ivana/Gianna (all variants of John, which is Hebrew for “God’s gracious gift”)

Isadora (Greek, “gift”)

Dora (Greek, “gift”)

Donica (Latin, “gift”)

Haha thanks. I know there are a bunch of names with that meaning, just, Dorothy is the only one I could think of offhand. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Jooosefina said:

I believe they said early on it was a tradition in Lauren's family to use Milagro for the first daughter's middle name so at this point I would be more surprised if they didn't use it

• Upvote 13

On 4/27/2019 at 12:46 AM, Glasgowghirl said:

M Names 

Girl: Marie Antoinette or Madison Ashley 

Boy: Matthew Joshua or Maxwell Robert

I was joking about the name Marie Antoinette but it's a version of the name Mary and they have already inadvertently named one child after a historical figure.

• Upvote 5

I'll revise my M names slightly. I hope they say thank you to Grandma for all that laundry.

Mary Suzette? Mary Michelle? Mary Jane [too funny] Mary Kate Ashley [lol] Mary Annette? Mary Something

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I was joking about the name Marie Antoinette but it's a version of the name Mary and they have already inadvertently named one child after a historical figure.

And given the number of almost duplicate names in the family having Anthony and Antoinette as middle names would be right up their street.

• Upvote 6

On 6/25/2019 at 11:39 PM, Smee said:

Zevida (Hebrew, “gift”)

Nafia (Swahili, “gift”)

Isadora (Greek, “gift”) 

Dora (Greek, “gift”)

Donica (Latin, “gift”)

As someone who has spent a lot of time on babynamewizard.com, I feel compelled to point out that Isadora means "Gift of Isis", which I'm totally down for but I'm not sure would fly with fundies.

Another (very pretty) one is Attiyah (Atiyah, Atiyya, various spellings), which means "gift" in Arabic. Not holding my breath that this one will get used by fundie Christians either. (I guess it's got the same root as Adia.)

I don't have any kids but I'm really loving Eudora! Too old lady, or just old lady enough? Hmmm!

22 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I'm hoping for Mariah Carrie, myself! ???

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I'll revise my M names slightly. I hope they say thank you to Grandma for all that laundry.

Mary Suzette? Mary Michelle? Mary Jane [too funny] Mary Kate Ashley [lol] Mary Annette? Mary Something

Anna said that they probably won’t call the baby Mary because it’s similar to Meredith’s nick name Merry.

Mary Kate Ashley would be funny or Mary Kate Ashley Madison

• Upvote 6

I don't remember if I already threw in some guesses but now that we know the sex of some of the babies, I want to make new guesses.

Anna- Miriam Leona

Kendra- Renee Nicole

Lauren- Adaline Milagro

Joy- I think it will be a boy named Jonah Martyn. Girls- Sarah Michelle.

Edited by Kelsey
Lester is a terrible name especially in a family with molesting in its past. Everyone knows it's Chester the molester driving the creepy windowless vans ?
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Longhairedheathen said:

Lauren and Josiah: 

Miriam or Mireille 

Please please, L&J, pick Mireille Milago! Double miracle!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I don’t think I’ve made a guess for baby SiRen yet, so I’ll go with Bethany Milagro. I could see them doing an ABC theme (with Asa being the A).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 5/5/2019 at 9:36 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Oh boy. Haha. My obsession over other people's babies is in overdrive. 

Benessa (grandDugg #13): boy, Lincoln Michael, 6/8/19 (Piper Lauren for a girl). 

JoKen (#14): girl, Anna Christina (called by both names), 10/15/19 (Noah Paul for a boy). 

JoStin (#15): girl, Rose Michelle or Rose Miriam, 11/6/19 (Hunter Austin is my ride-or-die for a Forsyth boy until it happens). 

Smuggs (#16): boy, Maddox Solomon (but more likely Maxwell or Malcolm), 11/18/19 (Mariah Dawn for a girl). 

My sex guesses were wrong for Jessa and Anna, correct for Kendra and Lauren though. I initially thought girl for Joy but now I'm just crossing my fingers for boy....let's see what I can update lol

JoKen (#14): girl, confirmed. DOB 10/30/19, sticking with Anna-Christina

JoStin (#15): boy, hopefully (bc all my other spoiler-guesses are girls, yeah i suck...). sticking with DOB 11/6/19 and Hunter Austin

SiRen (#16): girl, confirmed. DOB 11/20/19, Bella Milagro (damnit yall got be on the alphabet theme, it'd be such a cheesy way for them to keep track of pregnancy# and never forget their Asa...)(still holding out for a Katherine Elisabeth though xD)

Smuggs (#17): girl, confirmed. DOB 11/22/19 and Mariah Dawn (maybe Mollie - M for Mary + momma Keller's first name is spelled Lillie)

Spoiler

JDAG: boy, January 2020, Simon John

JinJer: girl, March 2020, Giulia Faith.

Dills: girl, Oct 2020, Selah Michelle

I don't expect any of the currently-preg daughters/DILs to spawn again until 2021. or even Jessa, until early '21.

• Upvote 3

@ihaveanexamintwodays I agree but I think Kendra will be pregnant again the summer of next year. She got pregnant 8 months after she had Garrett. Wouldn't put it past Joy either if she births naturally but I will be surprised if she does. 

• Upvote 3

Updating my guesses with the updated due date/gender information:

JoKen: Lydia Renee. Oct 31st

Joystin: Gabriel Lester. Nov 2nd

SiRen: Bethany Milagro or Bethany Michelle. Nov 21st

M6: Molly Anne. Nov 18th

• Upvote 3

On 7/2/2019 at 10:04 AM, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

@ihaveanexamintwodays I agree but I think Kendra will be pregnant again the summer of next year. She got pregnant 8 months after she had Garrett. Wouldn't put it past Joy either if she births naturally but I will be surprised if she does. 

Which would put Kendra's hypothetical due date in early 2021 xD.

Joy's situation is different now, obviously. I hope she and Austin do what is best for them. 

• Upvote 2

My guesses for the 3 coming babies:

JoKen2- Renee Christina, November 2nd, 7lbs 4oz, 19 inches, 9:45pm

SiRen1- Eva Noel, November 15th, 8lbs 2oz, 19 inches, 11:49am

M6- Madelyn Rose, November 25th, 7lbs 12oz, 21.5 inches, 3:42pm

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Guess for John and Abbie

Boy: Pilot Inspektor, If Jason Lee from My name is Earl can use use it so can JD and Abbie.

Or John David Jr 

Girl: Mary or Marie, Anna said she probably won't use Mary and I can see JD wanting to honour both his Grandmother and his twin by using either varient of the name

Or Amelia after Amelia Earhart. Might as well keep the Aviation theme going.

• Upvote 3

I think Sky for a John and Abbie girl paired with a popular virtue name... maybe Sky Faith or Sky Grace or Visa Versa 

John along with a Normal Biblical name for a Boy. Maybe John Noah or John Daniel. 

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic