IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 2

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

The only health related thing with Lauren that I remember them mentioning was that she has a gluten intolerance. 

Is that what they said? I knew they mentioned her avoiding gluten but I didn't remember if they said why.

nicknames as names - I met a "Billy Don" in his 60s earlier this year. He, of course, has a generic white-boy surname & is one of the older staff cardiologists at my hospital, lol.

Next pregnancies: my guess changes all the time, and Jessa in particular is hard to predict at this point.... I think Lauren, Anna, or Jessa are most likely to announce by the end of this year (or early next year within the first episodes of CO). I think Kendra will announce right around Garrett's 1st birthday. I feel like we'll hear from Joy either right before Gideon's 1st, or not until late summer/early fall 2019. I agree with whoever said Jill will never be able to have enough kids to feel validated, she'll definitely try for a 3rd and I think it'll be before Derick finishes school....but the earliest I expect an announcement is Aug-Sept 2019. like the idea of Abbie and Anna being pregnant together, so that Abbie has a SIL closer to her age nearby to talk mommy things with. 

Total brood size: Anna will make it to 10 because she wants to, JD/AG will have 5-6, Jill will have at least 3 but no more than 5 (and try and convince Derick to adopt a couple more), Benessa will total in the double digits either biologically or adopt somewhere along the way, JinJer 3-4 (more than 2 no more than 5), JoKen 8-10, SiRen between 6-10 and it'll be what Lauren wants, JoStin will either have 5-6 or 9-10 depending on how her subsequent deliveries go. Jana whenever she gets married will probably have 2-4.  

I think that, regardless of the number each individual J'kid has, Jim Bob and Michelle won't make it to the 200 grandchildren they want. They'll probably get over 100, which is scary to think, but not 200. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I think that, regardless of the number each individual J'kid has, Jim Bob and Michelle won't make it to the 200 grandchildren they want. They'll probably get over 100, which is scary to think, but not 200. 

The big question - if they got to 200 could they name them all?

Even at 100 - so much for having a relationship with them as individuals.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The big question - if they got to 200 could they name them all?

Even at 100 - so much for having a relationship with them as individuals.

My Grandmother has 18 grandkids and 22 great-grandkids, and she needs a spreadsheet to keep track of them. She tries to have a relationship with everyone, but it's hard. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I agree. I don’t think any of their children will have even close to 19. And a few will probably only have 0-2. Not all of those kids will want a big family. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

My Grandmother has 18 grandkids and 22 great-grandkids, and she needs a spreadsheet to keep track of them. She tries to have a relationship with everyone, but it's hard. 

My roommate at college came from a big family (her Mom was one of 7 and she and each of her siblings had between 3-6 kids), I can't remember the exact number but I think the number of grandkids was in the low 30s. Anyway, not only did  the grandmother have a spreadsheet but she actually had a points system assigned to each of them to determine their Christmas gifts. So the most successful ones got the least, and the ones struggling got the most. My roommate actually said the grandkids thought it was hilarious because she'd rank them based on her perception and they got a good laugh out of it. I thought it sounded soooo awkward.

• Confused 1
  • WTF 3

5 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

My roommate at college came from a big family (her Mom was one of 7 and she and each of her siblings had between 3-6 kids), I can't remember the exact number but I think the number of grandkids was in the low 30s. Anyway, not only did  the grandmother have a spreadsheet but she actually had a points system assigned to each of them to determine their Christmas gifts. So the most successful ones got the least, and the ones struggling got the most. My roommate actually said the grandkids thought it was hilarious because she'd rank them based on her perception and they got a good laugh out of it. I thought it sounded soooo awkward.

Yeah, that sounds super weird. I can't imagining rating my grandchildren's needs like that. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

That ranking is so sad.  I misread that as ranking based on achievement.  Based on need it's actually kind, if not accurate.

My mom was one of 7 and our Gramma was a widow on a very fixed income so we never expected gifts, but we all have multiple hand crocheted afghans in our favorite colors and we'd all get cards on our birthdays with $2 to buy some candy.  

I have 24 first cousins and some of them had kids before I was born so already working on the grands.  I never had that super close my Grams is my best friend relationship but I loved her and she us ... that she knew our personalities pretty well and what was going on in our lives.  

I was the difficult one who was too smart for my own good.  Also the pickiest eater she ever met in all her days!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I know someone who came from a family with 7 kids. This is how many kids they each had:

#1 had 2 kids

#2 had 0 kids

#3 had 1 kid

#4 had 3 kids

#5 had 2 kids

#6 had 1 kid

#7 had 4 kids

They had 7 kids and only ended up with 13 grand kids. Not everyone from a big family grows up to want the same. It wasn’t sunshine and rainbows. Being poor and having a bunch of kids makes life really hard. 

• Upvote 5

I really think that with the duggars beliefs they'll reach 200. They only need 5 kids each and 5 to have one extra. If you look at the ages and numbers of kids of the married kids I think they'll likely all (possibly not Jill, she may die of birth complications first*) have at least 5. Jana may not, especially if she doesn't marry soon. 

*I honestly think that she will keep attempting home births without medical supervision without learning. Because I'm not spite filled I hope she has a hysterectomy or is unable to have kids before she dies, but I think it truly is possible if she doesn't learn from her mistakes and do what's best for her to live instead of trying to maximize children.

• Sad 1
  • WTF 1

40 minutes ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

I really think that with the duggars beliefs they'll reach 200. They only need 5 kids each and 5 to have one extra. If you look at the ages and numbers of kids of the married kids I think they'll likely all (possibly not Jill, she may die of birth complications first*) have at least 5. Jana may not, especially if she doesn't marry soon. 

*I honestly think that she will keep attempting home births without medical supervision without learning. Because I'm not spite filled I hope she has a hysterectomy or is unable to have kids before she dies, but I think it truly is possible if she doesn't learn from her mistakes and do what's best for her to live instead of trying to maximize children.

No, they'd need 10-11 kids each. With 5-6, that'll reach 100.

I really suspect many of the Duggar daughters won't be able to have very many, given the track record so far. The Duggar sons it will be a mixed bag depending on their wives, but even among the Quiverfull, over 10 isn't truly the norm. None of the daughters-in-law so far come from families with more than 9 children. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

No, they'd need 10-11 kids each. With 5-6, that reach 100.

I really suspect many of the Duggar daughters won't be able to have very many, given the track record so far. The Duggar sons it will be a mixed bag depending on their wives, but even among the Quiverfull, over 10 isn't truly the norm. None of the daughters-in-law so far come from families with more than 9 children. 

Oops! Looking at real world math I agree with the posters who say it'll be over 100 but less than 200.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

They only need 5 kids each

Damn... I thought I was bad at math! I was trying to wrap my head around that math and was coming up dry. I mean - I know I'm a "words" person and not a "numbers" person but...

lol  

Seriously - just joking with you. :)

My prediction for order of announcement:

Abbie - I actually think she and JD will beat SiRen to the baby making

Lauren - But SiRen won't be far behind

Jessa - It's a toss up since it's been so long since Henry but was so short between Henry and Spurgeon

Jill - If they wait the prescribed amount of time from a C-section, then January 2019 is the earliest they should try

Anna - fairly even spacing between kids, so I would guess she'll get pregnant early next year, maybe February

Kendra - unpredictable so far, but little Garrett is not even six months old yet, so I'll give her until next year

Joy - another wildcard but also a previous c-section, if they follow medical advice it would be next August or later to try again

Jinger - unpredictable as well, but also the one who most recently had a kid, I don't see another announcement for a while

Now, watch me be entirely wrong.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Damn... I thought I was bad at math! I was trying to wrap my head around that math and was coming up dry. I mean - I know I'm a "words" person and not a "numbers" person but...

lol  

Seriously - just joking with you. :)

I have used a calculator to multiply by 1. Unless I engage my whole brain I am impressively bad at simple math.

• Upvote 5

I want to play the name game!

Anna and Josh: Micah Gabriel (God is my strength), or Mia Faith (Where did the Anthony middle name come from? I'm assuming it's a family name)

Abbie and JD: Since Abbie's dad and now husband's name is John, I'm going with John so all her male earthly loves are John. Maybe John Burnett? For a girl, wild guess of Eleanor Grace.

Jill and Derick: Selah Michelle or Ezekiel Robert

Jessa and Ben: Oliver Douglass (or reverse) for boy, Evangeline Carroll for girl

JInger and Jer: I hope they use all virtue names, at least for girls. Constance Diana or Valor Joseph. For some reason the name Brecken popped into my head for boy. 

Joe and Kendra: Paul Wyatt or Rebecca Renee

Josiah and Lauren: Scarlett Milagro or Levi Matthew

Joy and Austin: Elijah James or something like Harper Joy or Reagan Faith for a girl

This was fun - I'm definitely most interested in the fundie pregnancies for the names!

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, neurogirl said:

(Where did the Anthony middle name come from? I'm assuming it's a family name)

I believe Anthony was in honour of Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council. You know, the hate group Josh worked for in Washington until it came out that he'd molested his sisters and was a paying member of Ashley Madison, cheating (or trying to cheat) on his wife, and they fired him. Yeah... awkward.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

My guesses for each couple's quiver size:

Josh: 9

John: 6

Jill: 4

Jessa: 5

Jinger: 4

Joe: 13

Josiah: 7

Joy: 8

• Upvote 2

On 11/14/2018 at 7:52 PM, BachelorToTheRapture said:

*I honestly think that she will keep attempting home births without medical supervision without learning. 

I disagree with this. I think while Jill may be naive and sheltered about a lot of things, I don't think she's a complete idiot. She has had two unsuccessful natural births and had to have c-sections. I think if she chooses to have a third child, she will have hospital care. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Who’s keeping track of the quiversize guesses? It will be a while before we’ll know who was right. :pb_lol:

You know that thing on Reddit where you can have a bot remind you of something after a set period of time? Too bad it won't work here...

RemindMe! 25 years "2018 Duggar quiver sizes predictions outcome @Carm_88"

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

25 years isn’t enough. Even if we stick with only the ones that are married now some of them will still be fertile in 25 years. Kendra can be taking bump pictures with Garret’s wife in 25 years. 

And the little ones will have plenty of fertile years left. I wonder if any of us will remember them then. If I’ll be sitting there in my 70s and wonder what happened to them all or if we’ll still debate shoes (never inside), duvets (in duvetcovers) and what’s appropriate to serve at weddings (whatever you want). I kind of hope so, kind of don’t ...

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

25 years isn’t enough. Even if we stick with only the ones that are married now some of them will still be fertile in 25 years. Kendra can be taking bump pictures with Garret’s wife in 25 years.

It's only for the 2018 predictions, and 25 years will be plenty of time. Lauren (the youngest wife) will be 44 by that point, and while it's possible for women to have babies at 45+ it's not super likely, and we'd probably be talking about maybe one extra baby at most. So get ready, @Carm_88. I'll see you back here in 2043. :pb_lol:

But for the younger ones, yeah. Say we're picking age 45 as our arbitrary fertility cutoff point. Josie will be 45 in 2054. And I'll be 66. If I'm still on Free Jinger tracking the Duggars when I'm 66... I can't imagine what my spreadsheets will look like at that point.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

It's only for the 2018 predictions, and 25 years will be plenty of time. Lauren (the youngest wife) will be 44 by that point, and while it's possible for women to have babies at 45+ it's not super likely, and we'd probably be talking about maybe one extra baby at most. So get ready, @Carm_88. I'll see you back here in 2043. :pb_lol:

But for the younger ones, yeah. Say we're picking age 45 as our arbitrary fertility cutoff point. Josie will be 45 in 2054. And I'll be 66. If I'm still on Free Jinger tracking the Duggars when I'm 66... I can't imagine what my spreadsheets will look like at that point.

As I said the last time this came up, Jackson could marry a younger woman and be having babies 50 years from now.

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic