IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 2

Coconut Flan

I wouldn’t use Hannah Grace or Jacob James because they come from the same root, but I don’t think they’re the ‘same name’.

Michele and Michelle are the same name. So are Jon and John. Ian and Sean have the same root, but are both variations of John - this doesn’t mean Ian and Sean are the ‘same name’ IMO.

I think Joy will be next and I think they’ll choose another less common Biblical name. I don’t know if the Duggars know of the Andersons, but if not I could see Joy using Boaz. 

• Upvote 5

If Anna is not pregnant right now then for me it will be Lauren, Abby, Jill, Jessa, Joy, Kendra, Jinger 

• Upvote 1

All I know is that there will be A LOT of Duggar grand kids born in 2019. I do t know exactly when but I’m betting Jessa, Jill, Joy, Lauren, Abbie, and Anna will all have a baby next year.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

They’re going to be running out of names soon and are going to have to start on numbers.  :shifty:

One of them should totally do a number theme, but like names that mean numbers. "These are our children: Una, Secundus, Trinity, Quarter, Quintus, Sextus, September, Octavia, Nona, Dixie...."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16

How many babies do you think each will end up having?

Jill (will stop after she has her first girl) 3? 4?

Jessa (will have babies if it gets her attention from the show, but as soon as the show ends will never have another one) 4?

Joy (will have more pregnancy complications and happily end with three kids)

Lauren, Abbie, Kendra--will max out at 8.

Jinger will have 5 

Jill will have 5. 

Anna will have 9.

Jessa will have 4 or 5.

Jinger will have 3 or 4.

Kenda will have 10.

Lauren will have 10. 

Joy will have 5 or 6. 

Abbie will have 5.

Anna will have 10 

Abbie will have 5 

Jill will have 4 

Jessa will have 6 

Jinger will have 4 

Kendra will have 8 

Lauren will have 7  

Joy will have 5 

My order: Lauren, Jessa, Kendra, Jill, Abbie, Anna, Joy, Jinger

# of Kids:

Anna: 10

Jill: 4

Jessa: 6

Jinger: 5

Joy: 7

Kendra: 14

Lauren: 9

Abbie: 6

I really think Jinger will have two, especially if she has a boy next. If she has another girl, I could see them having a third - but that's the VERY top end of their "kid count." imo

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

So as stated in another thread, I hope all the Duggars use name themes, because I'm a big fan of names themes. I have named each of the married Duggars future quivers and made my top 5 pick. 

Josh and Anna (names beginning with M): 

Boys: Matthew, Micah, Max, Maddox, Malachi, Messiah, Myles, Martin, Malcolm, Marvin, Memphis, Mitchell, Maurice, Melvin, Marlon, Miller

Girls: Mia, Myla, Madelyn, Maya, Melanie, Morgan, Melody, Mary, Margaret, Molly, Makayla, Marley, Melissa, Maci/Maisie, Millie, Margot, Miracle, Mabel, Matilda, Megan, Marilyn, Mallory, Monica, Marie, Martha, Mercy, Marlowe, Micah

My top 5 picks:
Boys: Matthew, Maddox, Malachi, Melvin, Maurice
Girls: Madelyn, Mary, Makayla, Mercy, Maisie

John and Abbie (aviation names): 

Boys: Baron, Wilbur, Orville, Jett, Embry, Charles, Oscar, Romeo, Roger, Yaeger, Curtiss

Girls: Amelia, Aria, Skye, Piper, Embry, Chandelle, Avie, Lindy, Sierra, India, Juliett, Alfa, Jacqueline, Harriet, Ada 

My top 5 picks:
Boys: Baron, Jett, Oscar, Wilbur, Romeo
Girls: Aria, Skye, Ada, Amelia, Lindy

Jill and Derick (boys names ending in -el, girls names containing 'el', not at the end): 

Boys: Gabriel, Ezekiel, Nathaniel, Emmanuel, Adriel, Raphael, Ariel, Uriel, Abdiel, Jaziel

Girls: Ayelet, Eliora, Eliana, Selah, Elke, Kelila, Odelia, Raziela, Elizabeth, Delilah, Helah, Hazelelponi, Shelomith

My top 5 picks:
Boys: Gabriel, Nathaniel, Raphael, Ezekiel, Jaziel
Girls: Eliana, Selah, Elizabeth, Shelomith, Hazelelponi

Jessa and Ben (preachers): 

Boys: Moody, Dwight, Jonathan, Knox, John, Luther, Calvin, Breckinridge, Bunyan, Owen, Hodge, Gresham, Arthur, Newton, Francis, Foxe, Tozer

Girls: Piper, Haddon, Carroll, Carey, Ryle, Loraine, Newton, Gertrude, Elizabeth, Payson, Carolyn, Frances, Ridley, Anne, Anna, Dawn

My top 5 picks:
Boys: Knox, Luther, Calvin, Breckinridge, Arthur
Girls: Piper, Carroll, Carey, Payson, Ridley

Jinger and Jeremy (virtue names): 

Boys: Courage, Justice, Noble, Chance, Loyal, Prosper, Ernest, Valiant, Concord, Credence, Candor, Worth

Girls: Charity, Patience, Verity, Trinity, Constance, Prudence, Honor, Hope, Faith, Grace, Mercy, Clemency

My top 5 picks:
Boys: Courage, Justice, Credence, Candor, Chance
Girls: Charity, Prudence, Honor, Clemency, Constance

Joseph and Kendra (family names):

Boys: Lester, Robert, Lee, James, Emory, Floyd, Andrew, Allen, Paul, Caldwell, Gene

Girls: Mary, Michelle, Malinda, Ethel, Christina, Renée, Marie, Emory

My top 5 picks:
Boys: Lester, Robert, Caldwell, Floyd, Robert
Girls: Michelle, Ethel, Renée, Emory, Christina

Josiah and Lauren (first letters alternate between L and J, first child L name, second child J name etc) 

Boys names with J: Jayden/Jaden, Julian/Julius, Jonathan, Jude/Judah, Jonah/Jonas, Joel, Jesse, Jett, Jeffrey, Jared, Justice, Junior, Judson, Jaylen

Girls names with J: Julia/Julie/Juliette, Jade, Jasmine, Jayla/Jaelyn/Jaylee, June, Journey, Juniper, Jolene, Justice, Jemma, Joelle, Jolie, Jewel, Judith

Boys names with L: Liam, Logan, Lucas, Levi, Lincoln, Landon, Leo, Louis/Lewis, Lawrence, Layton, Leighton, Leif, Lyle

Girls names with L: Layla, Luna, Leah, Leilani, Lyla/Lila, Lyra, Lola, Lena, Lyric, Lia, Lexi, Leighton, Lorelei, Lainey, Leona, Liberty, Lacey, Louise, Linda, Lara, Lindsey, Lisa, Legacy

My top 5 picks:
Boys (J): Judah, Jayden, Jesse, Justice, Judson
Boys (L): Logan, Lucas, Layton, Levi, Landon
Girls (J): Juliette, Jayla, Journey, June, Joelle
Girls (L): Leighton, Lacey, Legacy, Leah, Lara

Joy and Austin (biblical 3-syllable (with stress on the first syllable)): 

Boys: Solomon, Benjamin, Jonathan, Zachary, Malachi, Timothy, Abraham, Raphael, Simeon 

Girls: Abigail, Bethany, Tabitha, Claudia, Miriam, Jezebel, Zipporah, Hephzibah, Lydia

My top 5 picks:
Boys: Solomon, Zachary, Simeon, Timothy, Benjamin
Girls: Abigail, Tabitha, Jezebel, Lydia, Bethany

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 4

I think jinger will have 3 ... it's a respectable amount for a southern/Texas pastor. I think jessa will have 5 or 6. Jill will have babies until she dies of complications or Derek says no more (which he may already have). Joy I think Weill have 4-6. Kendra 6-8, same for Lauren. I think john and Abby will have 3-4. 

Honestly i think jinger will be the only one to have more than she wants because they have to have the "image" Jeremy wants and on the flip side I think Jill will never be able to have "enough" to feel godly enough for herself.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Anna will have 9

Abbie will have 6

Jill will have 5

Jessa will have 7

Jinger will have 3 or 4

Kendra will have 8 

Lauren will have 8

Joy will have 5 

I feel like Anna and Kendra are the only ones who will get double digits. Lauren will probably come close. 

Jessa, Jinger, and Abbie will be around 4-8. 

Jill and Joy will be under 5, unless Joy has a successful VBAC with her second. I think Jill will be done with 3 if she has a girl, otherwise I think she will try for one more and then claim she’s the happiest “boy momma!!!!!” to ever live. 

• Upvote 2

Anna - probably 8

Jill - I feel like Derick might want to wait till he graduates law school to go for another. Maybe 4-5 altogether.

Jessa - I think she and Ben may actually be trying to adopt, in which case I have absolutely no idea how many kids they'll end up with. 5? 12? 27?

Jinger - For some reason I feel like she may have some trouble getting pregnant, not just that they're preventing. Maybe 4.

Joy - I would've said she'd go for 20, but with the C-section and the reality of actually having a baby, I don't know. I'm thinking it's going to be a lot lower, like 4 or 5. Could depend on how her next birth goes too.

Kendra - I still think Kendra's going to be the one to give Michelle a run for her money, she could even be pregnant again already. I'll guess... 15.

Lauren - I think they might get to 9 or 10.

Abbie - They seem pretty traditional so I kind of doubt they'll do anything to prevent. I'll say 6-7.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Valiant

Valiant Vuolo?!  I almost hope she home schools then, because sending a kid to school with that name is just cruel.  :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Hmm... In order of next announcement: Lauren, Jessa (but I'll probably be wrong), Anna, Joy, Kendra, Abbie, Jill, Jinger.

Numbers:

Anna: 9

Jill: around 5. She may space but she won't stop unless she has to.

Jessa: 8? I have no idea at this point

Jinger: also around 5.

Joy: 5-7 unless she has a VBAC, then she'll be gunning for Michelle's record and I'll give her about 12.

Kendra and Lauren: somewhere upwards of 10 barring anything unexpected.

Abbie: 7-8

Edited by albireo
my post cloned itself!
  • Upvote 1

On 11/6/2018 at 10:48 AM, Greendoor said:

As far as I understand Jack is a diminutive of John.  It's not a "name" per se.

So too Harry.  It's a diminutive for Henry (usually) or Harold.

What ever you call your kids is ok by me.  But like SorenJ , I am interested in names and how they derive.

so J.K Rowling gave Harry Potter's grandfather the same name twice? His name is Henry Harry Potter (and apparently might be in the new fantastic beats movie) 

3 minutes ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

so J.K Rowling gave Harry Potter's grandfather the same name twice? His name is Henry Harry Potter (and apparently might be in the new fantastic beats movie) 

Are you sure it's not Henry "Harry" Potter, like his given name was Henry but he went by Harry? Because that would make a lot more sense. Henry and Harry are way too close imo, they are really the same name.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic