IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 2

Coconut Flan

I might give it a go seeing as this is the easiest one to guess. We know it’s a girl and we know the first letter. 

I think she will be Miranda. 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:24 PM, NorthernGal said:

Also we are getting close to the 19th grandchild...who will have the grandchild that gives them the same number of grandchildren as children?

Possibly Kendra, her and Joe seem to be birthing for Jesus at the moment. Could be a new Duggar wife though if an engagement is soon...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 3:23 PM, Snowless said:

I’m thinking some variant of Mary for M6 to pay tribute to Grandma Mary; my guess is either Marie, Maria (the Duggars have said they enjoy The Sound of Music, and Julie Andrews’ character is Maria von Trapp...but on the downside, she starts the story as a nun), Mariam (a variant on Mary, Mother of Jesus’ Hebrew name, Miriam), Marion, or Marian.  Mariya could be a possibility, especially if they want to go stylistically similar to Mackynzie.  Maryse is an option, too (although the only Maryse I’ve heard of is the French Canadian wrestler who’s married to The Miz).

Why am I not surprised?  Reports are coming out now that M6 was born this morning and they named her Maryella Hope.  Just as I guessed, some variant of Mary.

• Upvote 1

Are they pronouncing it Mary-Ella or like Mariella? Don't love or hate the name and like that grandma Mary is honoured in her granddaughter's name. I think John David and Abbie will use Marie as a middle name to honour her and Jana. 

• Upvote 4

I wonder if they are going with virtue names for middles for girls from now on, since they've now used Grace and Hope. 

• Upvote 6

I don't think there's a difference between Mary-Ella and Maryella/Mariella with their accent. There definitely isn't with mine...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Round 3 of the guessing game marks an end to a November to remember. No one guessed Maryella for a first name but there were a few that came close so good enough for a back pat. @Radish guessed Marielle and Muriel, @BritishBabycatcher guessed Mary Eleanor, and a bunch more Mary's with different middle names.  @singsingsing was only a day off with a birth date guess of 11/26/19 (actual 11/27/19). @SorenaJ came closest to guessing the baby's length being only a quarter of an inch off.  And last but not least @singsingsing and @ihaveanexamintwodays both guessed within an ounce, the former an ounce less and the latter an ounce more so kudos to both of your. Giving out the last prizes for the year ??????

Till we meet again in January.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

If I guessed all three November babies' middle names correctly do I win a prize? ?

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

How about a picture of Josh Duggar, perfect for use on a dartboard, and a lifetime supply of tater tot casserole?

Edited by Audrey2
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

So we’ve had:

Annabell

Bella

Maryella

Will John and Abbie continue the -ell theme? Maybe they can double down and go with Maribelle.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

So we’ve had:

Annabell

Bella

Maryella

Will John and Abbie continue the -ell theme? Maybe they can double down and go with Maribelle.

Amellia? It could be a creative spelling of Amelia.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I googled baby bell theme photo shoot, thinking of the shenanigans that three little baby girls with bell names could be forced into.

This was what happened

Spoiler

landscape-1490979028-taco-bell-lead-image.jpg.68664af43aa437bfdda1568b700d207b.jpg

????

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

John and Abby can go with Mirabella if they really are theming here. But Such a pretty elegant  name is far too nice to be Duggar  associated. 

• Upvote 5

Every time a baby name debate comes up it reminds of this moment between Phillip Schofield and Katie Hopkins on this morning a few years ago during a debate on children's names. It was funny watching it on TV and it is still hilarious now. Katie lost her own argument after that. Screenshot_20191129_170140_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.073a0d78def965d1c75f6b9d4f69a134.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

57 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Every time a baby name debate comes up it reminds of this moment between Phillip Schofield and Katie Hopkins on this morning a few years ago during a debate on children's names. It was funny watching it on TV and it is still hilarious now. Katie lost her own argument after that. Screenshot_20191129_170140_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.073a0d78def965d1c75f6b9d4f69a134.jpg

I feel like I want to both laugh at his expression in the last frame and cry or maybe just hide my own head in shame over how dumb it is. 

Doesn’t everybody google their name choices? You know to make sure you’re not naming your precious bundle of joy after a crazy serial killer or a widely popular brand of dildos? 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I feel like I want to both laugh at his expression in the last frame and cry or maybe just hide my own head in shame over how dumb it is. 

Doesn’t everybody google their name choices? You know to make sure you’re not naming your precious bundle of joy after a crazy serial killer or a widely popular brand of dildos? 

Yes, when my sister was pregnant with my oldest nephew we had got a lost of the top 100 names for boy's and girl's and were discussing them and my dad seemed to know every possible insult related to that name. I do the same as well not out of meaness but because I have spoke to people that had names that were outthere or had creative spellings and they hated going through life getting insults from other children or hated having to tell people how to pronounce their name. Both my name and my mum's names are technically the shortened versions of names but commonly used in their own right and I still had a teacher call me a liar when I said my name wasn't the full version, both my parents hated the full version of my name and didn't use it for that reason. 

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

If you haven’t heard of India, maybe you haven’t heard of Google either.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Katie Hopkins is our version of Ann Coulter, Right wing and spews horrible crap, she thinks it's fine for her to one thing and not for others. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Help is at hand! The Maxwells can introduce you to Google ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Since we now know that Si and Lauren are going with alphabet names my guess if the next is a girl is either 

Caitlin 

Charity

camilla 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic