• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Baby Name Thread 2

meee

I had another thought for Lauren's baby. Dorothy Milagro. She said in the announcement (I don't have it in front of me but something like) "miracle gift from God" - and Dorothy means "gift of God" I believe, and Milagro means miracle, so there you go - she's hinting at the name already. 

Smee

Is Milagro a family name that’s been used on generations before Lauren? So many guesses for it as a middle name, I’m surprised. I could see them using Mary in the middle.

4 hours ago, meee said:

I had another thought for Lauren's baby. Dorothy Milagro. She said in the announcement (I don't have it in front of me but something like) "miracle gift from God" - and Dorothy means "gift of God" I believe, and Milagro means miracle, so there you go - she's hinting at the name already. 

There are a lot of names that mean gift or gift of God.

Zevida (Hebrew, “gift”)

Vania/Vanya (Russian, “gift of God” derived from John)

Theodora (Greek, “gift of God” from the same roots as Dorothy)

Preye (Nigerian, “God’s gift or blessing”)

Noni (Swahili, “she who is a gift of God”)

Nathania/Natanielle (Hebrew, “a gift, or given of God”, feminine version of Nathaniel)

Nafia (Swahili, “gift”)

Mattea (Hebrew, “gift of God” feminine version of Matthew)

Juanita/Joan/Jane/Joni/Joanne/Jean/Janet/Ivana/Gianna (all variants of John, which is Hebrew for “God’s gracious gift”)

Isadora (Greek, “gift”)

Fedora (Russian, “gift of God”)

Eudora (Greek, “pleasant gift”)

Edith (English, “valuable gift”)

Dora (Greek, “gift”)

Donica (Latin, “gift”)

Aldora (Old German, “gift”)

Adia (Swahili, “she is a gift from God”)

There you go, SiRen, I named your whole future quiver for you.

Jooosefina

Does Lauren have latinx background?

I doubt they would use the name Milagro again if not, because despite its meaning it's mostly a Catholic name in the Spanish speaking world (Milagros, with an s - I'm not sure her version is used at all, which is why I wonder if anyone in her family is latinx). But then again, imo Mary is also a really Catholic name, and they might use if because of Grandma who is in Heaven with their Asa... Out of all the in-laws she's the one who strikes me as the most likely to add Mary-like names. 

indianabones
44 minutes ago, Jooosefina said:

Does Lauren have latinx background?

I doubt they would use the name Milagro again if not, because despite its meaning it's mostly a Catholic name in the Spanish speaking world (Milagros, with an s - I'm not sure her version is used at all, which is why I wonder if anyone in her family is latinx). But then again, imo Mary is also a really Catholic name, and they might use if because of Grandma who is in Heaven with their Asa... Out of all the in-laws she's the one who strikes me as the most likely to add Mary-like names. 

Milagro is Lauren's middle name. Her mother is Salvadoran.