IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 2

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

For all of you who love name and statistic, there is a new data blog on tumblr that is about name and prediction is duggar names and has already listed all the Jkids name popularity and present a couple of prediction for the babypocalipse 

What is the blog called? 

On 5/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

So of course I'm googling "missionary Ivy" to see if anyone comes up who could be a namesake.

This is the top hit, probably not what Jessa and Ben are thinking!

Actual Ivies they could be referencing:

Ivy Lapthorne, who wrote a book called Fiji, 1835-1935: Three Missionary Studies.

Ivy Christian College in Fairfax, VA

Ivy Christian, who wrote a book no one seems to have heard of (self-published?) called Shielded by God’s Power: The Survival Kit: From Childhood Abuse into Adulthood. I think this one is a stretch.

There are no doubt lots more Ivies who are Christian heroines out there but my googlefu is weak.

Sadly, I'm sure Ivy isn't named for the Ivy League (For non US people, that is a group of very old and prestigious colleges like Harvard, Yale, and Princeton.) Even more sadly, under their horrible belief system, Ivy won't have a chance to attend an Ivy League school.

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2019 at 3:27 PM, Audrey2 said:

Even more sadly, under their horrible belief system, Ivy won't have a chance to attend an Ivy League school.

Even if they weren't fundies, it's not as if she's being born to particularly bright, intellectually curious or academically minded parents who would harness her potential.

• Upvote 4

Anna - Girl, born November 18th 8lb 12oz at home

Girl: Mia Rose

Boy: Matthew Robert

Kendra - Boy, born October 30th 7lb 11oz at hospital

Boy: Gabriel Robert

Girl: Grace Renee

Joy - Boy, born November 10th at 10lb by C-section after another failed home birth

Boy: Adam Robert 

Girl: Martha Annette

Lauren - Girl, born November 8th at 8lb 3oz in a birth centre/hospital

Girl: Bethany Hope

Boy: Boaz Issac

• Upvote 4

I just saw that video of Ben and Jessa talking about the name Ivy Jane. She is actually named after a somewhat famous protestant - Lady Jane Grey, who ruled for 9 days after Edward, the son of Henry VIII died. She was named his successor purely to try and prevent Edward's catholic sister Mary from becoming queen. She is considered by some to be a protestant martyr.

• Thank You 1

I suppose but there are plenty of notable Protestant woman in history. Why a teenager who was A Queen for nine days then got her head chopped off?  She didn’t really accomplish anything.

If any of the babies are girls, I’m pretty sure Mary will be in the name somewhere. It’d fit with the M theme that Anna and Turd have, but I don’t know if they’d use it as a first name (although possible). It’s more likely to be a middle name.

• Upvote 4

M6 is a girl and Anna said Mary had helped with the gender reveal for her, it would be fitting for Mary or a varient of Mary to be used somewhere in her name.

• I Agree 8

My guesses: 

Joe and Kendra: girl named Christina Renee. If a boy, Robert Joseph. 

Joy and Austin: girl named Rachel Anna. If a boy, Nehemiah Austin. Or some other similarly obscure biblical name.

Josiah and Lauren: girl named Eliana Milagro (someone guessed exactly that above and I think it totally fits). If a boy, Matthew Nathan or something. (Matthew is already Josiah's middle name, plus it means "gift of God.")

Josh and Anna: announced they're having a girl, and if they don't use the name Mary, I'm going to be annoyed. Mary Anna or Mary Suzette or Mary Leona (would they use her full name?) or something.

In short, I think everyone's having girls and using either biblical or family names.

• Upvote 3

Anna and Josh: Maureen Ruth. At first I thought about a variation of the name, like Marina/Maryna/Marine, but I think Maureen is more likely because it sounds more like an english name. 

Edited by Scrabblemaster
  • Upvote 1

Anna- I don't think they'll use Mary. I think it will be something like Madeline

joy- I think boy  maybe Abel or if they have a girl Ruth 

kendra- I think it's a girl and they will pick something trendy right now like Charlotte or Amelia. If it's a boy I think maybe Levi 

lauren- Im feeling she's having a girl I think it will be something very biblical but still common. Like Rachel or Sarah. If it's a boy I'm guessing Jonah. 

• Upvote 1

Although I think Anna will use Mary in some way (first or middle name), I have a hard time with pinning down her naming style. Mackenzie and Meredith are not the same naming style at all. And Mason doesn’t quite go well with Michael and Marcus. Mason and Mackenzie are closer in naming style while Michael, Marcus, and Meredith are more similar in style. Therefore if she chooses a name that is similar in style to Mackenzie and Mason, she will choose something like Makayla, Myla, or Mia. But if she chooses something similar in style to Marcus, Michael, and Meredith, she will choose a name like Marilyn, MaryAnna, or Madeline.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Although I think Anna will use Mary in some way (first or middle name), I have a hard time with pinning down her naming style. Mackenzie and Meredith are not the same naming style at all. And Mason doesn’t quite go well with Michael and Marcus. Mason and Mackenzie are closer in naming style while Michael, Marcus, and Meredith are more similar in style. Therefore if she chooses a name that is similar in style to Mackenzie and Mason, she will choose something like Makayla, Myla, or Mia. But if she chooses something similar in style to Marcus, Michael, and Meredith, she will choose a name like Marilyn, MaryAnna, or Madeline.

Madeline is very close to Madison.  

Although who knows if Anna even remembers the scandal through her mad denial skills so maybe even Madison could make the cut.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

Oh I think one of them should use it. Any of the girls. That would be horrible yet hilarious.

• Upvote 5

Adding in a guess for Lauren and Josiah - girl, Bethany Milagro. 

If it’s a boy Aaron Matthew.

• Upvote 2

On 6/21/2019 at 12:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, I definitely think of Mackenzie (or whatever misspelled abomination they use) and Mason as more similar and the other three as a different taste. I think I predicted one from each style to cover my bases - Miranda and Maddox. Seeing as it’s a girl, I guess I’m going with the older style. 

Or maybe they’ll throw what I think of as a third different style in to the mix and go for Molly, which is a diminutive of Mary.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:41 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Madeline is very close to Madison.  

Although who knows if Anna even remembers the scandal through her mad denial skills so maybe even Madison could make the cut.

If not for the scandal, I think they would have used Madison at some point. I could see them choosing Madeline so they can still use the nickname Maddie.

• Upvote 1

@Smee I too wondered if they’d use a name related to Mary (like Molly).

Apparently Anna said they won’t use Mary because Meredith’s nickname is Merry. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/20/2019 at 10:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m thinking some variant of Mary for M6 to pay tribute to Grandma Mary; my guess is either Marie, Maria (the Duggars have said they enjoy The Sound of Music, and Julie Andrews’ character is Maria von Trapp...but on the downside, she starts the story as a nun), Mariam (a variant on Mary, Mother of Jesus’ Hebrew name, Miriam), Marion, or Marian.  Mariya could be a possibility, especially if they want to go stylistically similar to Mackynzie.  Maryse is an option, too (although the only Maryse I’ve heard of is the French Canadian wrestler who’s married to The Miz).

Woo I correctly guessed girl for Turdanna. I'll stick with my initial guess for all the couples so Madelyn Rachel

I also guessed girl correctly for Siren! Name guess: Ava Milagro

For Joystin I initially said girl, but at this point I'm really hoping for boy. Name guesses: Boy: Hosea Terry, Girl: Faith Jillian

• Upvote 3

I was right about Anna and Lauren. Wrong about Kendra. I still think Joystin are having another boy. Still sticking with my original guesses of:

Anna - Mia Rose

Kendra - Grace Renee

Lauren - Bethany Hope

• Upvote 2

Girls for everybody and one will have the middle name, Mary or maybe Leona.

A boy could have the first or middle name of Lester, but it seems we are in the season of girls.

JoKen 

Rachel Mary

JoStin

please have a boy  - Gabriel Lester

Smuggar and wife

Mariah Leona

SiRen

Ariel Milagro

JD and Abbie

announcement on the way...

I have no idea if I got everyone...

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

Josiah and Lauren:

Noah Matthew or Eliana Milagro

Amy and Dillon:

Brody Dillon or Maggie Rachelle. Born October 17th, 7lbs 4oz. 

To recap and update all my guesses so far:

Seewalds: Charles Newton “Charlie” or Elizabeth Lauren “Libby”. Born June 12th 8lbs 8oz, at home, no complications. 

Forsyths: Tobias Robert or Savannah Joy. Born November 8th 9lbs 10oz, via c-section. 

Anna and Josh: Marshall Robert or Molly Suzette. Born November 23rd 6lbs 9oz, at a birthing center.

Joken: Cameron Paul or Charlotte Renee. Born October 7th 7lbs 2oz, in a hospital, no complications. 

It’s a season full of girls for the Duggars.

Anna/Josh: Molly Suzette

Joken: Charlotte Renee 

SiRen: Eliana Milagro 

I’m sure Grandma Mary will be honored in some way. I’m tempted to change one of the middle names to Mary or Leona but I like my original guesses so I’ll stick with them. 

• Upvote 2

Now that we know they are all girls so far, I will make some guesses. 

Anna: Madelyn Mary or Mya Marie

Lauren: Mercy Milagro

Kendra:  Chloe Renee or Kayla Renee

• Upvote 2

Anna: Miriam Hope

Lauren: Julia Milagro

Kendra: Sophia Renee

Joy: girl named Mary Evelyn

Grasping at straws a little bit for Lauren's name choice- will she go biblical or trendy? Also, I'm convinced that Jinger and Abbie are both pregnant, so here are my guesses for them.

Abbie: girl named Eleanor Grace

Jinger: boy named Ethan James

Edited by indianabones
Formatting
  • Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic