IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 2

Coconut Flan

The two sets of twins I recall from childhood were Nancy and Nanette, and Lance and Lyle.  They both roll off the tongue nicely but aren't too similar (though the girls names could both shorten to 'Nan' which could be an issue).

• Upvote 2

This list is from a few years ago, but you can see how it’s really popular to match twins by their names:

Top 100 Twin Baby Names

1.      Jacob, Joshua

2.      Daniel, David

3.      Jayden, Jordan

4.      Ethan, Evan

5.      Taylor, Tyler

6.      Gabriella, Isabella

7.      Isaac, Isaiah

8.      Madison, Morgan

9.      Elijah, Isaiah

10.  Ella, Emma

11.  Landon, Logan

12.  Logan, Lucas

13.  Matthew, Michael

14.  Faith, Hope

15.  Isabella, Sophia

16.  Olivia, Sophia

17.  James, John

18.  Madison, Mason

19.  Brandon, Bryan

20.  Hailey, Hannah

21.  Mackenzie, Madison

22.  Nathan, Nicholas

23.  Addison, Aiden

24.  Caleb, Joshua

25.  Christian, Christopher

26.  Emma, Ethan

27.  Jayden, Jaylen

28.  Ava, Emma

29.  Ava, Olivia

30.  Joseph, Joshua

31.  Andrew, Matthew

32.  Makayla, Makenzie

33.  Benjamin, Samuel

34.  Brandon, Brian

35.  Abigail, Emma

36.  Jacob, Matthew

37.  Jordan, Justin

38.  Nathan, Noah

39.  Alexander, Andrew

40.  Emily, Ethan

41.  Ethan, Nathan

42.  Gabriel, Michael

43.  Hayden, Hunter

44.  Jacob, Joseph

45.  Addison, Avery

46.  Faith, Grace

47.  Jayda, Jayden

48.  Joshua, Justin

49.  Joshua, Matthew

50.  Alexander, Nicholas

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I know I’ve mentioned this before but don’t have time to look it up... anyone else rememebr some YA/tween fundy novels about a girl named Joy and her twin brother Roy ....their dad was a preacher?

Those books fucked me up and filled me with all kinds of guilt.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I blame the Bobseys.  

I think it has been a thing for a very long time. There are identical cousins in my family tree born almost 100 years ago and their names are extremely matchy. Along with their middle names. It’s almost as bad as Jeremiah Robert and Jedidiah Robert.  Almost.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Top 100 Twin Baby Names

5.      Taylor, Tyler

27.  Jayden, Jaylen

47.  Jayda, Jayden

It’s just amazing to me that there are so many twins named these combinations that they made the toplist. 

I don’t remember if I’ve said this before or was just thinking it earlier. But JB and Michelle really should have assigned each child a letter for child naming. Preferably in birthorder. It would both have made our guessing games easier and made it possible to keep all the grandduggars apart for longer. 

A - Josh: Abbygale, Andrew, Aaron, Aline, Adam. 

B - Jana

C - JD

D - Jill: David, Daniel. 

E - Jessa: Exodus, Eric.

F - Jinger: Felicity. (She obviously agrees with my plan!)

G - Joe: Garrett. (Him too!)

H - Joshia

I - Joy: Isaac

K - Jed

L - Jer

M - Jason

N - James

O - Justin

P - Jackson

Q - Johannah

R - Jennifer

S - Jordyn

T - Josie

There! I fixed it for them. Counted J as taken and think Johannah might have to keep her quiver smallish but I think it’s a good plan.

• Upvote 10

2 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

There! I fixed it for them. Counted J as taken and think Johannah might have to keep her quiver smallish but I think it’s a good plan.

Oh Johannah could think of plenty. Her family came up with Jinger didn’t they? Qimberly. Qelly. Qandy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

41 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

#24 on the most common twin names...LOL

I don’t feel like looking it up, but apparently they picked Caleb because the biblical Joshua had a friend named Caleb.

Before they name Baby Sussex, my guess is Philip Charles Mountbatten-Windsor, Earl of Dumbarton. Possibly one additional middle name of Meghan’s choice. (I’d love for it to be something unapologetically African-American as an FU to the haters.)

It’s interesting that William didn’t use Philip for his sons. It’s probably too closely associated with the Spanish monarchy for an heir and spare. Harry seems to be close to Philip. I think they will emphasize Mountbatten-Windsor, which is currently only used by Prince Edward’s rarely seen children. 

Quick history: Early in the Queen’s reign, Prince Philip’s uncle Louis Mountbatten was telling people that the House of Mountbatten was on the throne. The Palace put out a statement that it was still the House of Windsor. Around the time Andrew and Edward were born, the queen announced that their descendants who were not monarchs or royal highnesses would be Mountbatten-Windsor. So only Harry’s son and Edward’s son James can currently carry on the name.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

It’s just amazing to me that there are so many twins named these combinations that they made the toplist. 

I don’t remember if I’ve said this before or was just thinking it earlier. But JB and Michelle really should have assigned each child a letter for child naming. Preferably in birthorder. It would both have made our guessing games easier and made it possible to keep all the grandduggars apart for longer. 

A - Josh: Abbygale, Andrew, Aaron, Aline, Adam. 

B - Jana

C - JD

D - Jill: David, Daniel. 

E - Jessa: Exodus, Eric.

F - Jinger: Felicity. (She obviously agrees with my plan!)

G - Joe: Garrett. (Him too!)

H - Joshia

I - Joy: Isaac

K - Jed

L - Jer

M - Jason

N - James

O - Justin

P - Jackson

Q - Johannah

R - Jennifer

S - Jordyn

T - Josie

Had this happened I’d have lived for the day Johanna had little Quixotic Duggar!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Before they name Baby Sussex, my guess is Philip Charles Mountbatten-Windsor, Earl of Dumbarton. Possibly one additional middle name of Meghan’s choice. (I’d love for it to be something unapologetically African-American as an FU to the haters.)

It’s interesting that William didn’t use Philip for his sons. It’s probably too closely associated with the Spanish monarchy for an heir and spare. Harry seems to be close to Philip. I think they will emphasize Mountbatten-Windsor, which is currently only used by Prince Edward’s rarely seen children. 

Quick history: Early in the Queen’s reign, Prince Philip’s uncle Louis Mountbatten was telling people that the House of Mountbatten was on the throne. The Palace put out a statement that it was still the House of Windsor. Around the time Andrew and Edward were born, the queen announced that their descendants who were not monarchs or royal highnesses would be Mountbatten-Windsor. So only Harry’s son and Edward’s son James can currently carry on the name.

It was only possible because Dowager Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth’s grandmother died.

My guesses- just names because it's the only thing I care about ;):

Jessa and Ben: That will be the most interesting. First, will they keep their pattern of taking turns in naming their children. And if so, will Ben feel the urge to choose another of his religious hero's surname, whose name sounds ridiculous as a first name. I do hope he has matured enough to realize, Aiden, Elliot or Wilson sound less crazier as well as less pretentious than Spurgeon, Wilberforce and Tozer. Use them as a middle name, that's ok... (When Henry was born and he explained, they chose Henry because Jessa liked the sound, he was like 'how dare she just LIKE a name without any meaning'. That was two years ago. I hope that's time enough for changing Ben's attitude.)
No guess for a boy- please no Tozer! A girl could be Faith Lauren or Charity Lauren

Kendra and Joe: For both boy and girl something trendy. Noah Paul / Jacob Paul / Ava Renee / Chloe Renee

Joy and Austin: Biblical but not among the most frequent fundy names*. Ruben James / Isaac Robert / Salome Joy / Martha Joy

Anna and Josh:  Matthew Edward (assuming this is Mike Keller's second name) or Mercy Annette

(Harry and Meghan): Hoping for Spencer at least as a middle Name. I think (uhm... we all know) the first name will be something obvious. Philip / Arthur / ?

* BTW: Are there any Top Fundie Names Statistics? It seems as if every second fundie family needs at least a Rebecca / Sarah / Jessica / Hannah / Joshua / David / Samuel /Benjamin...

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, SHERA said:

It was only possible because Dowager Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth’s grandmother died.

She was a force behind the Windsor announcement, but I don’t think she would have objected to the Mountbatten Windsor compromise. It wasn’t necessary until they had more sons, as the assumption was that Charles would use Windsor and might not have a second son, while Anne would marry and her family would use her husband’s name.

Back to the Sussexes, wouldn’t Diana and Doria be adorable names for twin girls? But they’d be awful as a first and middle name.

• Upvote 2

Jumping on the Twin Name Thread, we had a couple sets of twin calves born one year; Pete & Repete, Kate & Duplicate, Fred & Barney...

• Haha 8

Just FYI, there is a thread where everything Baby Sussex (including potential names) is currently being discussed, for anyone interested: 

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Moving back to the Duggar-type name themes, how about British monarchs? No one would really get it if you were like, “These are my kids, Henry, Richard, Anne, William and Elizabeth.” Maybe if it was “This is my daughter Victoria, and the twins, William and Mary.” Still pretty subtle unless you throw in Boudica or some Roman numerals.

• Upvote 5

If you include British royal spouses and children you can get quite a unique family.

These are my kids: Baldwin, Adeliza, Eustace, Alphonso, Berengaria..... and Lionel.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

If we’re going theme I say go Brady.

greg.  Okay.  Marcia ...wow do they know that sounds like...

Peter...so weird but maybe a family name...

Jan ...COME ON!!  :) 

• Haha 4

I like royal names. I would totally* name my kids Catherine, Elizabeth, Margaret, Mary, Anne, Sophia, Victoria, Matilda, Eleanor, Henry, Edward, Charles, William, George, Richard, Stephen, John, Harold, Edmund,

(Had to go pretty far back to get enough boy names! But there's my 19.)

*I mean, I totally wouldn't. But if I were naming 19 kids with a royal theme, there are enough names to go around. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Topaz said:

If you include British royal spouses and children you can get quite a unique family.

These are my kids: Baldwin, Adeliza, Eustace, Alphonso, Berengaria..... and Lionel.

Baldwin?

The photo of Jinger and Michelle has me thinking that she's pregnant and just told her parents. I'm expecting an announcement after Memorial Day.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JMO said:

The photo of Jinger and Michelle has me thinking that she's pregnant and just told her parents. I'm expecting an announcement after Memorial Day.  

I've honestly been thinking the same thing. That along with her talking about how much she loves being Felicity's mom, and how much she loves her own mom. I'm probably wrong, though. She could just be feeling nostalgic because of her upcoming move.

• Upvote 5

I knew a family whose kids all had king and queen names. James, Edward, Victoria and Richard. I remember commenting on it to a mutual friend and she hadn’t realised there was a theme until I pointed it out.

I think Jinger was just getting in a mother’s day photo early because she won’t see Michelle on the weekend. But now that I’ve said that, watch an announcement come.

• Upvote 3

On 5/7/2019 at 10:44 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know I’ve mentioned this before but don’t have time to look it up... anyone else rememebr some YA/tween fundy novels about a girl named Joy and her twin brother Roy ....their dad was a preacher?

Those books fucked me up and filled me with all kinds of guilt.

Joy Sparton!! My mom had those books when she was a teenager and I was obsessed with them when I was a kid. I read them constantly. 

7 minutes ago, viii said:

Joy Sparton!! My mom had those books when she was a teenager and I was obsessed with them when I was a kid. I read them constantly. 

Yes!  Do you remember the one where she first got to wear pantyhose and heels?  And how her heel got caught walking to their pew?  Idk why that one stuck with me.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic