IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 2

Coconut Flan

For the sake (and mental health) of our beloved @Carm_88 please put your Duggar baby name suggestions and birth predictions here. 

It will be so much easier for her. 

Continued from here:

• Thank You 1
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic

I'm so freaked out that it's been, what - OVER THREE MONTHS?! since @Carm_88 has been forced to keep track of Duggar baby name predictions.

Also low key pissed that Jessa still isn't pregnant, solely because people's Seewald baby name guesses are basically my favourite thing ever. When oh when will we be blessed with little Flame Calvin or Penelope Guinn "PenGuinn" Seewald?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

I wonder if any more of the Duggar kids will go with a letter theme like Josh and Anna. I feel like most of them don't particularly enjoy the theme themselves, but a couple might feel obligated. Maybe Josiah and Lauren, since her family also has a letter theme (L's for girls, D's for boys) . 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 4

I'm a little sad we didn't get to see Joy and Joseph fight over the letter G or mocking each over each picking a name that started with the same letter. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

I'm guessing neither, at this point, is planning on doing a letter theme, otherwise there might have been jokes. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I wonder if any more of the Duggar kids will go with a letter theme like Josh and Anna. I feel like most of them don't particularly enjoy the theme themselves, but a couple might feel obligated. Maybe Josiah and Lauren, since her family also has a letter theme (L's for girls, D's for boys) . 

Yeah, if anyone is going to do a letter theme, I think it would be Josiah and Lauren. I could see them going a step further and doing all D names to honor her dad or something, since she seems very (cough - overly) close with him. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I could see Josiah and Lauren maybe doing all middle names that begin with M since they both have middle names that begin with M.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, habert said:

I’m wonder if any of them will ever choose a J name. Even just one. 

Maybe James? Since he's the third James Duggar in a row, he might name a son James, too. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/29/2018 at 2:18 AM, Iamtheway said:

Well, between Henry and Spurgeon pretty much every name you can (or can’t) think of goes. The posibilities are endless!

I hope that it's Ben's "turn" again so that we end up with an A+ name. I'm also hoping it's another boy and they name him Bangs Seewald, after Nathan Bangs.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

8 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I hope that it's Ben's "turn" again so that we end up with an A+ name. I'm also hoping it's another boy and they name him Bangs Seewald, after Nathan Bangs.

If it’s Ben’s turn, it will be Tozer Theodore. If it’s Jessa’s, it will be Theodore Tozer. 

• Upvote 13

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

JinJer named their cat Jacob. lol

I wonder if she wanted that for a brother but was downvoted. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If it’s Ben’s turn, it will be Tozer Theodore. If it’s Jessa’s, it will be Theodore Tozer. 

That is probably a super plausible guess. I was very surprised she caved on spurgeon though. I forget what name she said she liked but didn't she call him thatceven after he was born for a while.  Quincy was it?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

JinJer named their cat Jacob. lol

I was always shocked that the Duggars are fundies who had 10 boys (most with biblical J names) and they never went with Jacob. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was always shocked that the Duggars are fundies who had 10 boys (most with biblical J names) and they never went with Jacob. 

And had a Joseph followed immediately by a Josiah, was followed immediately by a Jedidiah and a Jeremiah.

Michelle and Jim Bob were really bad at naming their kids. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

54 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

And had a Joseph followed immediately by a Josiah, was followed immediately by a Jedidiah and a Jeremiah.

Michelle and Jim Bob were really bad at naming their kids. 

Don’t forget that Jer and Jed have the same middle name! 

• Upvote 10

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Don’t forget that Jer and Jed have the same middle name! 

Jana, Joy-Anna and Johannah

Joseph, Josiah and Josie

Joshua James and James Andrew

Jason, Justin and Jackson

So many examples of bad naming!

3 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

That is probably a super plausible guess. I was very surprised she caved on spurgeon though. I forget what name she said she liked but didn't she call him thatceven after he was born for a while.  Quincy was it?

I think that was based on them joking they'd picked the letter Q as their theme. I don't think Quincy was really in the mix. My guess is that she wanted the name Elliot, which is a nice name, but Ben over road her. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 11/1/2018 at 10:01 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They Duggars have a James. James and Jacob is the same name. They probably preferred James to Jacob (possible since Jim Bob is a James). Having a James and a Jacob would be weird. 

They already have: 

Joseph and Josie - both the same name

John, Jana, Johannah, Jackson - all the same name 

No reason to make it worse. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, SorenaJ said:

They Duggars have a James. James and Jacob is the same name. They probably preferred James to Jacob (possible since Jim Bob is a James). Having a James and a Jacob would be weird. 

They already have: 

Joseph and Josie - both the same name

John, Jana, Johannah, Jackson - all the same name 

No reason to make it worse. 

I’ve never heard of anyone say James and Jacob are the same name. They are much more different than some of the other names. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve never heard of anyone say James and Jacob are the same name. They are much more different than some of the other names. 

They are the same name. 

James is an English form of the Latin Iacomus, which is derived from the New Testament Greek name Iakobos, which comes from the Hebrew name Ya'aqov. 

Jacob is from the Latin Iacobus, which is from the New Testament Greek Iakobos, which comes from the Hebrew Ya'aqov. 

They are from the same source. Iacomus is a later Latin version of the Greek Iakobos, whereas Iacobus is an earlier Latin form of the Greek Iakobos. 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 6
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, SorenaJ said:

They are the same name. 

James is an English form of the Latin Iacomus, which is derived from the New Testament Greek name Iakobos, which comes from the Hebrew name Ya'aqov. 

Jacob is from the Latin Iacobus, which is from the New Testament Greek Iakobos, which comes from the Hebrew Ya'akov. 

They are from the same source. Iacomus is a later Latin version of the Greek Iakobos, whereas Iacobus is an earlier Latin form of the Greek Iakobos. 

I understand that. But I’ve literally never heard anyone say that. It’s not some well known fact.  I very much doubt they avoided Jacob because of that. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I understand that. But I’ve literally never heard anyone say that. It’s not some well known fact.  I very much doubt they avoided Jacob because of that. 

Haha, maybe, well I'm a name geek so to me it would have been a common fact. Lots of names sound very different, but have the same root. 

I know someone who is called Jacob with the middle name James, and that just makes me cringe a little bit. Or when people call siblings the same name like Michael and Michelle, Elizabeth and Isabella, Oliver and Olivia, Jens and Hans (Danish example). 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic