IGNORED

The Seven Sisters Continue Progressing

deborahlynn1979

1 minute ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I want to visit that bakery just so I can taste what we see in the pictures.

I don't know where they live in Indiana so I am not actually going nor would I say I am from FJ if I did.

I bet macaroons ship well. She should make them to order and ship them to customers. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/7/2018 at 5:50 AM, usedbicycle said:

Jessica has just soared with her aviation career

Pun intended?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

I noticed that Anna has a new boyfriend as of Dec 2018! It was probably hard to make her very long distance relationship work but she looks very happy in her new relationship. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

On 1/21/2019 at 2:42 PM, pikapika said:

I noticed that Anna has a new boyfriend as of Dec 2018! It was probably hard to make her very long distance relationship work but she looks very happy in her new relationship. 

I hope she is and I hope it is real. Unlike so many fundies on here, I have hope for these ladies. 

• Upvote 7

On 1/22/2019 at 9:03 PM, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I like these girls and hope they do well in life.

I like them too. I used to think that one or more might be a match for one or more of the Arndt boys but the Arndts seem frozen in time but these young women are moving onwards. It would be nice if they would continue to blog because I'd like to hear of their adventures but I guess it is even better for them that they are too busy living to bother with the blog. I wish the Arndt's well too of course but I suspect we'll be seeing pictures of them getting birthday greetings in their parents bedroom when the "boys" are heading towards retirement age.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Just saw their Valentine's day post on Facebook, it's cute that they do a sister outing and now including their younger brother's in it too. Susanah also has a new blog post on their website, includes lots of pictures of her in Texas. Plus updated family picture on the site!

Lots of farm girl findings today.  

• Upvote 3

I am sure the seven sisters had a way better homeschool education. They also love to read and are eloquent writers. They have also been allowed to explore their interests since they were young. They have been moving forward in life since before they were stay ah home daughters. They continue to do that.

Jill did not have these opportunities. She is now at a place in life where she could do it. But she refuses to move forward. She is stuck and I don’t think has the ambition to get unstuck. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

This picture is really cute. Jessica seems to be meeting up with lots of other female pilots, which is great. I am not against fundie skirts and all that. I’m against shaming women into wearing a certain type of clothing. Jessica obviously chooses to dress this way. Some of her sisters dress differently and they all seem to accept each other’s choices. Fine by me!  Plus a flight map skirt and jacket are fun ideas. 

D3C89C49-583E-4CB0-99D6-A4CBA6C38168.jpeg

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

The ‘white power’ hand signal to me looked like a number in ASL so I looked it up, and I was right. It’s a 9.

And the ‘white power’ sign thing is a myth.

https://blog.emojipedia.org/no-the-ok-hand-is-not-a-symbol-of-white-power/

so if you ever see anyone give it, ask them, 9 what? 9 cows? 9 cookies? 9 ducks in a row?

• Upvote 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, anachronistic said:

The ‘white power’ hand signal to me looked like a number in ASL so I looked it up, and I was right. It’s a 9.

And the ‘white power’ sign thing is a myth.

https://blog.emojipedia.org/no-the-ok-hand-is-not-a-symbol-of-white-power/

so if you ever see anyone give it, ask them, 9 what? 9 cows? 9 cookies? 9 ducks in a row?

How is this connected to the Seven Farm Girl Sisters?

BTW fuck you asshole for trying to make this positive topic about diminishing what happened in New Zealand.  We have seen others white supremacist use that sign it in the same way.  

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Thank You 2

On 3/15/2019 at 5:24 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

This picture is really cute. Jessica seems to be meeting up with lots of other female pilots, which is great. I am not against fundie skirts and all that. I’m against shaming women into wearing a certain type of clothing. Jessica obviously chooses to dress this way. Some of her sisters dress differently and they all seem to accept each other’s choices. Fine by me!  Plus a flight map skirt and jacket are fun ideas. 

D3C89C49-583E-4CB0-99D6-A4CBA6C38168.jpeg

They both look nice. I like that she dresses the way that feels comfortable to her. She is not judgement about what other wear.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

58 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

How is this connected to the Seven Farm Girl Sisters?

BTW fuck you asshole for trying to make this positive topic about diminishing what happened in New Zealand.  We have seen others white supremacist use that sign it in the same way.  

It was being discussed on the first page of the thread. S/he was contributing useful information about the posts on the first page. 

For the record, s/he was right. This started out as a 4chan joke, and is now being used to cause exactly this reaction because they think it's funny. 

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/09/18/ok-sign-white-power-symbol-or-just-right-wing-troll

For the record, it's also how to correctly say you are okay while scuba diving, along with an ASL number. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

They both look nice. I like that she dresses the way that feels comfortable to her. She is not judgement about what other wear.

I get the impression that the 7 farmgirls didn’t grow up like a lot of the fundies we talk about on FJ. They grew up fundie, but I don’t see a lot of evidence that they were only allowed to hang out with other fundies. They were in 4-H (Correct me if I’m wrong) and not everyone is fundie in 4-H. I believe they’ve always been allowed to be friends with people who dress differently from them and may have different beliefs. So I think that’s likely why they are more accepting of other people’s beliefs. One of Jessica’s best female pilot friends doesn’t seem to be fundie. 

• Upvote 12

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I get the impression that the 7 farmgirls didn’t grow up like a lot of the fundies we talk about on FJ. They grew up fundie, but I don’t see a lot of evidence that they were only allowed to hang out with other fundies. They were in 4-H (Correct me if I’m wrong) and not everyone is fundie in 4-H. I believe they’ve always been allowed to be friends with people who dress differently from them and may have different beliefs. So I think that’s likely why they are more accepting of other people’s beliefs. One of Jessica’s best female pilot friends doesn’t seem to be fundie. 

I do wonder how much of the stay at home daughter lifestyle was their idea. The parents seemed ok with them branching out. 

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, Destiny said:

It was being discussed on the first page of the thread. S/he was contributing useful information about the posts on the first page. 

For the record, s/he was right. This started out as a 4chan joke, and is now being used to cause exactly this reaction because they think it's funny. 

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/09/18/ok-sign-white-power-symbol-or-just-right-wing-troll

For the record, it's also how to correctly say you are okay while scuba diving, along with an ASL number. 

This is the reason for my strong reply. 

https://nypost.com/2019/03/15/suspected-new-zealand-shooter-appears-in-court/amp/

His face was blurred out because of his smile. His hands are visible and show the truth.

• Upvote 1

For anyone who is interested, @thoughtful has started a discussion of this hand sign, over in Quiver Full of Politics.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

2 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

This is the reason for my strong reply. 

https://nypost.com/2019/03/15/suspected-new-zealand-shooter-appears-in-court/amp/

His face was blurred out because of his smile. His hands are visible and show the truth.

DarkAnts, I absolutely understand why that picture disgusts you -- I feel the same way, and there's not much question that that filthy murderer is a racist.

I just think that you jumped to conclusions about why anachronistic posted about the possibility that the gesture is not always a white power symbol.

It was bad timing, granted, and she didn't quote any of the five other people who had been discussing it on pg 1 of this thread. But I think it's pretty clear that she was just sorting things out, not defending the use of the gesture, racism, or Tarrant. 

As WhatWouldJohnChrichtonDo posted above, I started a thread about the hand gesture because I was seeing confusion, here, in other places online, and IRL, and was trying to learn more about it myself.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

DarkAnts, I absolutely understand why that picture disgusts you -- I feel the same way, and there's not much question that that filthy murderer is a racist.

I just think that you jumped to conclusions about why anachronistic posted about the possibility that the gesture is not always a white power symbol.

It was bad timing, granted, and she didn't quote any of the five other people who had been discussing it on pg 1 of this thread. But I think it's pretty clear that she was just sorting things out, not defending the use of the gesture, racism, or Tarrant. 

As WhatWouldJohnChrichtonDo posted above, I started a thread about the hand gesture because I was seeing confusion, here, in other places online, and IRL, and was trying to learn more about it myself.

The timing  was not unfortunate, no one on this thread as talked about the hand sign in this thread since October. That was 6 months ago. Then some asshat brings it up out of the blue within a day or two of the attack in New Zealand. Before all of the victims were properly identified, before they could have a proper funeral (Muslim berrials need to happen within 24 hours of death). It was intentional. It was there to minimize the fact that the killers motives were based on skin color, homeland, and religion.

Edited by DarkAnts
To fully explain why the poster is an asshat.
  • Downvote 13

2 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

The timing  was not unfortunate, no one on this thread as talked about the hand sign in this thread since October. That was 6 months ago. Then some asshat brings it up out of the blue within a day or two of the attack in New Zealand. Before all of the victims were properly identified, before they could have a proper funeral (Muslim berrials need to happen within 24 hours of death). It was intentional. It was there to minimize the fact that the killers motives were based on skin color, homeland, and religion.

You seem to not get it, so let's rephrase it. There are two categories of deplorables (4chan trolls and white supremacists) that have chosen to appropriate an old and innocuous symbol for their hatefulness. And you are falling in their trap. 

The thing is that everything white supremacists touch will turn into shit, because they're scum. Do we want to let them ruin innocuous things and eat our own in the process or you want to really fight against them?

Pointing out that the ok symbol is innocuous for the 99,9999% of the people living on this planet and in this way fighting against the appropriation of said symbol by the scum of the earth doesn't make@anachronistic a troll or worse.

We don't need to see the terrorist do that sign to know he is scum. We don't need to see Stephen Miller and Roger Stone do that sign to know that they are scum. We already know they are scum! They have done so much more to prove it! 

A symbol doesn't turn people into scum, a symbol has just as much power as you give it. Let's not give this symbol the power the scum wants to give it.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

In the October post on the blog, Anna says that she is taking one or 2 years off from her education. She also says she is working at the public school, I wonder if she is a parapro and I wonder what she thinks of school since she was home-schooled.  It is so much harder to go back after taking time off!

She seems to thrive being without her phone and being outdoors - canoeing, hiking, etc. The last part of her post is about going back to Guatemala to spend her birthday "with my man!".  How long have they been dating now? I wonder what he does for a living. He seems very urban, heck Anna doesn't even look like one of the farm girls in pictures! So any guesses on her getting married and if she will move down there or he up to the US?  

• Thank You 1

28 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

In the October post on the blog, Anna says that she is taking one or 2 years off from her education. She also says she is working at the public school, I wonder if she is a parapro and I wonder what she thinks of school since she was home-schooled.  It is so much harder to go back after taking time off!

She seems to thrive being without her phone and being outdoors - canoeing, hiking, etc. The last part of her post is about going back to Guatemala to spend her birthday "with my man!".  How long have they been dating now? I wonder what he does for a living. He seems very urban, heck Anna doesn't even look like one of the farm girls in pictures! So any guesses on her getting married and if she will move down there or he up to the US?  

I believe she works in the cafeteria of the school. 

• Thank You 3

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe she works in the cafeteria of the school. 

Thank you. If she wants to be a teacher, she should try and at least be a parapro! Just my opinion... :D

Anyone else find it ironic when home-schooled people now work in public schools or when the formally home-schooled kid wants to become a teacher? I would love to talk to one and have them talk about why they want to do it differently and why they don't want to homeschool, etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1