IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 3: Living in the White Evangelical Bubble

Coconut Flan

16 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Totally off topic - but I can't help but think how Kelton looks like how I picture the Winter Soldier from Marvel to look like before WW2. Especially in the picture above.  I don't know how to handle this because I find MCU Winter Soldier very attractive. 

Don't drag Bucky into this. lol

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else catch Josie calling out haters in her insta story on Friday? I got screenshots, but my phone won't let me upload them here. She's basically saying all the people saying "bet she's pregnant already" should get a life and who would make a mean comment like "you won't live another 90 years" on a post of hers? I thought it was surprisingly forward for a Bates.

what?? a 20 year old (19?) is using a STYLIST to decorate her house? i hope that this is part of filming for UP bc that just seems like such a weird thing to do for your starter home, especially when you're so young. what 20 year old needs a professionally styled home?? 

2 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

what?? a 20 year old (19?) is using a STYLIST to decorate her house? i hope that this is part of filming for UP bc that just seems like such a weird thing to do for your starter home, especially when you're so young. what 20 year old needs a professionally styled home?? 

Well Erin is pissed. 

6 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Probably a branding-thing. I think Josie is gunning for a Influencer-thing with hairdressing at is center, and part and parcel of that is an Instagram-worthy home. Or maybe just the exitement of being able to choose for yourself for the first time ever? I remember how ridiculous some of my first home choices were :facepalm:

I have never seen the appeal of a styled home in the first place. My home is a clustermess of stuff, books, cartons, throws, art and enough plants for a medium garden center. I could never keep up with the styling ? But I do not live in a world of image and Instagram, either, so... :shrugs:

13 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Business.  Probably it's a deal: I design for free and you show my work to your bunch of followers.

Josie looks great on pictures. She's trendy but modest and mainstream enough to attract new followers. She can use her account to make some money or at least to get free samples. If she's clever and learns from her sisters mistakes, she can rock it. But who knows what's in her mind.

I got the impression that the stylist was a friend who attends their church.  So mentally I classified her as a leghumper ala Sierra.  

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Business.  Probably it's a deal: I design for free and you show my work to your bunch of followers.

Josie looks great on pictures. She's trendy but modest and mainstream enough to attract new followers. She can use her account to make some money or at least to get free samples. If she's clever and learns from her sisters mistakes, she can rock it. But who knows what's in her mind.

Well, right now she's just repeating her sisters' mistake: failing to properly disclose partnerships. See exhibit A:

It’s so weird to me that she is only 19, my youngest is about to turn 20 and I always think she is older than him.  

She also did some stories about the makeup... she got a few smiles in but she's very much like Alyssa, and sounds a bit like she's memorized what to say and is reciting it.

So young to think she needs to put tons of goop on her face to look young. She should have a nice "glow" naturally at her age.  I seldom wear makeup, don't like wearing it. I'm in my 50's now, definitely showing some wear and tear at this point.?

2 hours ago, Divemaster01 said:

So young to think she needs to put tons of goop on her face to look young. She should have a nice "glow" naturally at her age.  I seldom wear makeup, don't like wearing it. I'm in my 50's now, definitely showing some wear and tear at this point.?

I tend to side eye the Bateses and Duggars on this simply because their beliefs seem to heavily focus on women looking perfect at all times, but I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with women of any age wearing a lot of makeup. Some people just really enjoy that stuff. I don’t think it’s all that weird for Josie in particular considering she works in a salon - I’d guess she has a professional and personal interest in makeup. 

(In my 30s, have never been super interested in makeup, and currently have a toddler who has no patience for stuff like mommy looking nice. :pb_lol:)

I might like having a stylist better than having a sister just take over like the Duggars do.

I wonder if that means Josie wasn't allowed to work on the house until they were married? Wasn't it one of the Maxwells that had to ask permission to take the soon to be wife into his house to propose?

I prefer Michael's over HL...there's 2 Michael's within 2 miles of my house (north or south). I try to avoid HL whenever possible. 

Chic-fil-a...there are times when nothing else will do...especially lemonade. unfortunately, they're not terribly numerous here. I prefer in-and-out, taco-hell, Ohana Hawaiian BBQ, the local Pho places (I swear they're on every corner here), I just wish the damn cheesesteak place would start delivering on Grubhub again. 

Open concept...DAMN SKIPPY!!! I hate being closed off from all the fun when entertaining. Granite...BRING IT!

Theme...what is this theme you speak of? Early garage sale/handmedown/had this shit for years? 

One of my daughters is a big hiking, rock-climbing, kayaking outdoor girl. Her make-up is minimal, and she is lovely. Her sister, a cellist, is all about fashion and make up and wears a lot of make up and also looks awesome. My youngest daughter is not interested in make up and only wears it for special occasions. They all look good. I think it's about being authentic to yourself. 

On 11/14/2018 at 5:50 AM, Divemaster01 said:

She doesn't have a lot of goop on her face, and also we all can wear exactly as much makeup as we want. Also, some people have a lot of acne and use makeup to hide pimples and scars. Lots of people (including myself) are not lucky enough to have ever had any kind of "youthful glow". I've definitely seen girls with a lot more makeup on their face, I side eye Kylie Jenner on this more than someone like Josie.

BEC rant done now, thank you!

She had to have gotten a deal with the stylist. We were talking to a realtor when we bought our home and the builder has a model home in each neighborhood. They pay their designers $22 per square foot to decorate the home. My jaw dropped. I really wish I had an eye for decorating. 

If you shop at a nice furniture store a complimentary designer is not unusual. Walter Smithe is a Chicago area furniture store that provides this service. I’ve had them come to my house and they gave me some great ideas that didn’t include purchasing additional items. 

6 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

Walter Smithe is a Chicago area furniture store that provides this service.

Or do you say Smythe?  

Now I have that commercial in my head - thanks for the horrible earworm!

I can’t recall the commercial and I live about 6 blocks from one of their stores. Is it really pronounced Smythe?  

They don’t have the best customer service after they close a sale.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived