IGNORED

M Is for Mama 2: Quiverfull/Pinterest

Coconut Flan

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And she can’t figure out what she did. Maybe it was that last brag about your enormous closet filled with name brand clothing, Braggie.

Someone commented that "maybe this wasn't really rejection," and she had to comment that "oh yes it was." 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Braggie feeds on us talking about her? not saying to stop, because I def. think she is one of the most screwed up fundies, only because of the nice facade, most people wouldn't guess that at first.

But I'm sure what really hurts her is that we talk smack, and don't fawn over her/sugarcoat her in any way, shape or form.

She for sure is responding to FJ here. 

"Oh, and for those wondering how I afford Anthro curtains, here's the deal: I have a lot of decor from Anthro--wallpaper, pillows, curtains, bedspreads, etc. that I have collected over the years from their online sales when they run an extra 40% off. I got these curtains (which are 108") for $40 each, even though they were originally $170 each. 
My couch pillows usually run me $15-30 each on sale...which is cheaper than anything comparable (for size and quality) at Marshall's or Hobby Lobby. My wallpaper is usually $35 a roll (regularly $140+). Do I buy it all at once? For sure not!"

Stop trying so hard, Braggie. 

Wha....what??? Does...does she think we CARE in that much DETAIL about how she decorates her house??

26 minutes ago, BobJonesBabe said:

She for sure is responding to FJ here. 

"Oh, and for those wondering how I afford Anthro curtains, here's the deal: I have a lot of decor from Anthro--wallpaper, pillows, curtains, bedspreads, etc. that I have collected over the years from their online sales when they run an extra 40% off. I got these curtains (which are 108") for $40 each, even though they were originally $170 each. 
My couch pillows usually run me $15-30 each on sale...which is cheaper than anything comparable (for size and quality) at Marshall's or Hobby Lobby. My wallpaper is usually $35 a roll (regularly $140+). Do I buy it all at once? For sure not!"

Stop trying so hard, Braggie. 

That’s still expensive in my opinion. She has a huge house. She has filled it with lots of wallpaper, window treatments, furniture, rugs, pillows, Knick knacks, dishes, lighting, and appliances. Even if you get a lot of that stuff on sale, it really adds up. She’s spending so much money on her house decorating and clothing. I’m sure it’s 10 times more than what she spends on her 7 kids.

We have some Anthro curtains and we too bought them on sale. What she’s describing isn’t some special strategy, it is how normal people buy nicer decor when they’re on a budget: wait for sales. Wow! Revolutionary idea! 

But I agree with @JermajestyDuggar even buying stuff on sale gets expensive when you’re filling an enormous house. $35/roll of wallpaper adds up fast when you need 10 rolls for a huge room. 

What is her point, anyway? Why is she trying to have it both ways? She seems to want to display her lavish wealth while still clinging to this Frugal Christian persona. It comes off as totally dishonest. You are still displaying your wealth, Abbie. Even if many items were purchased secondhand or on sale, it still costs a lot of money to accumulate that much stuff. You live with a lot of excess. Even if it is cheap excess, it is still excess! You have more than you need! Most people make do with a lot less.

On a totally different note: I just discovered that someone I hate follows Braggie on Instagram now. Delightful. This woman doesn’t need any more inspiration to be a self-centered narcissist who collects children like accessories. Yet here she is, following someone who will give her exactly that! Congratulations Braggie, you’re an inspiration to shitty, abusive, neglectful moms everywhere! I swear to god, if I hear about this person using Abbie’s “fuss juice” on her kids I’m reporting her to CPS. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s still expensive in my opinion. She has a huge house. She has filled it with lots of wallpaper, window treatments, furniture, rugs, pillows, Knick knacks, dishes, lighting, and appliances. Even if you get a lot of that stuff on sale, it really adds up. She’s spending so much money on her house decorating and clothing. I’m sure it’s 10 times more than what she spends on her 7 kids.

That house looks like an elephant vomited and shat over every room. Who wallpapers their microwave? How many parents have a refrigerator in their master bedroom (was it also wallpapered??) If she's going for a calm, hip and a healthy environment, she is so far off the mark. Like a bad scene from psycho-

@SassyPants she wallpapers the MICROWAVE? Oh God. 

The fridge in her master bedroom-is it a mini? or full? Either way, that's crazy.

1 minute ago, unholypoledancer said:

@SassyPants she wallpapers the MICROWAVE? Oh God. 

The fridge in her master bedroom-is it a mini? or full? Either way, that's crazy.

Mini. I wonder what's in it? One doesn't normally chill HO CHO-LOL

I mean, if she were not a fundie, you know, I would guess WINE or HARD BOOZE. But I am a heathen. 

Are the kids allowed extra curricular activities? I’m guessing they are only allowed what Braggie likes. Dance class is probably allowed because she thinks it’s cute. But I really doubt her older boys are allowed to be in activities that take up quite a bit of time. Because they are too busy parenting and cleaning for Braggie. 

Pshh please. Abbie is not wealthy. She’s a  lower middle class wanna-be living out in the middle of nowhere. Abbie has no one fooled. Do you know what else Braggie is? A loser. Why? She’s a failure as a parent, cruel, and lazy. 

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Are the kids allowed extra curricular activities? I’m guessing they are only allowed what Braggie likes. Dance class is probably allowed because she thinks it’s cute. But I really doubt her older boys are allowed to be in activities that take up quite a bit of time. Because they are too busy parenting and cleaning for Braggie. 

Yeah, I also doubt she allows her boys to do anything outside the homeschool co-op.  Who'd do all the housework and childcare?

So how did she and others find this place? Do they google themselves? Fundy to fundy hotline? Does Braggie have 2 washer dryers? To me having a gaggle of kids and 2 washer dryers is the epitome of making it to the top. I have less than eleventy kids and my laundry is endless. 

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Pshh please. Abbie is not wealthy. She’s a  lower middle class wanna-be living out in the middle of nowhere. Abbie has no one fooled. Do you know what else Braggie is? A loser. Why? She’s a failure as a parent, cruel, and lazy. 

My Queen!!! Call it like you see it!! I am not being sarcastic either, because Braggie would love us all to believe she is loaded AF, but at the end of the day, she can afford things through: her job, hubby's much better job, child labor, and living in the middle of nowhere. 

Her extra spare rooms/lounge rooms/whatever you call them sound like they were built specifically for bragging purposes. Only because she brings them up 39729249 times. I personally would not want that many rooms because I do not enjoy cleaning that much. But then I don't make my daughter do all the cleaning while I try to impress randos on the internet. 

Although Braggie Abbie is not broke, she's no wealthy woman. Braggie is a master of disguise and the absolute definition of a "wanna-be". Her best talent is hiding the truth and putting elbow grease into staging and editing her blog & Instagram photos.

There is nothing wrong with being cheap. It's not only smart but also FUN! Any other Krazy Coupon Lady Fanatics here (ME)? 

However, Braggie is CHEAP, not honest about it, and wants to keep that on the down low. Everything about Braggie is QUANTITY NOT QUALITY, from her house (the foundation as well as appearance of it), to her clothes, her interior decor,  her furniture, and the time she actually spends with her children. Today's Instagram was one of the ONLY posts that she shared how she gets deals. Why? She'd rather BRAG the rhyme, "Look at me! Look at me! I wear Anthropologieee!" and not share exactly how she got a deal from either haggling, wasting hours by stalking eBay, or snagging knock-off rags.  Look at how many comments she gets on her blog & Instagram from people asking:
"Where did you get that shirt?"
"How did you get mirror?"
"What is the name of that?"
etc.

Anytime The Narcissist shares a "humble brag story", other mothers will chime in with their stories or ask for tips and she rarely responds. Braggie is a twin of Lori Alexander.

When it comes to pricier items, Braggie spends them on HERSELF e.g. red & teal Hunter boots and Lululemon gear or on her interior decor e.g. Anthropologie wallpaper.

• Keep in mind that this is a mother of EIGHT who needs to take on that responsibility.

Browse through her blog posts and Instagram. Look at how she dresses, styles herself, and the effort she puts into her shopping, DIY, exercise obsessions compared to what her children and husband look like. Also, look at their smiles and eyes. Read some of her blog and Instagram posts on how she celebrates Christmas with her children, their birthdays, and what kind of hobbies she partakes in WITH THEM. Read her blog posts on her views on child training. The children are nothing but props for her agenda of living out a disordered expectation of reality.

Ask yourself questions such as:

•  "Hmm is she taking more pictures of her kids, enjoying a precious moment with her family, or more pictures of her tufted ottoman?"   Weird. I didn't know diaper explosions and toddler meltdowns had anything to do with a white tufted ottoman...

My friends and I had a HUGE LAUGH over these two posts. What does a stay-cation have anything to do with floral "Anthro-esque" tea cups scattered all over the shelves?Braggie11.thumb.JPG.5beecaf454da334e84f10a713343ca4f.JPG

What do your arranged flowers and partial view of your lounging area have anything to do with  (and I quote) "Your words always full of hate"?

Spoiler

Braggie10.thumb.JPG.044227f2d5b6b39bdf504f980da2dfb8.JPG

• "Is she taking more pictures of her children sweeping her floors, unloading her dishwasher, or photos that capture precious moments of her kids laughing?"
    •  Toto, we're NOT in Jessa Seewald's Instagram anymore...

• "Is this endless display of an empty kitchen island, & crisp white kitchen countertops curated with fresh cut poppies in a vase something I'd want to see in my news feed at 3 AM when I'm bleary-eyed & nursing my newborn?" 

I have been on FJ for many years. I think Braggie is worse than JRod and Lori. I never thought someone could beat them.

1 hour ago, Candydandy said:

So how did she and others find this place? Do they google themselves? 

Yep. She admitted Googling herself her blog years ago and coming across a forum (FreeJinger) discussing it. Pretty much all of her recent Instagram posts are her attempts to explain the criticism she's received on here.

Someone as self-centered and vain as Braggie is likely checking her Instagram comments & FJ 24/7, multiple times per day.  The whole matter reminds me of Trump's insecurity given how he constantly checks the news that criticizes him and always hops on Twitter to either defend himself or bully the critic(s).

Secure, content, happy people just move on, improve (or apologize) if they need to, and LET IT GO.

Noodling around on her blog, it was apparently called “Five Days Five Ways” at one point and the twins room was featured on Apartment Therapy.

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/before-after-construction-zone-to-vibrant-twins-room-five-days-five-ways-185474

However, that blog has gone “poof” and now we only have N Is For Narcissist. I mean M Is For Mama.

8 hours ago, bea said:

However, that blog has gone “poof” and now we only have N Is For Narcissist. I mean M Is For Mama.

She explained the website name change as her trying accept her identity of being a mother or something.

She explained the website name change as her trying accept her identity of being a mother or something.

More like exploit the children who gave her that identity.

Edit: a word

I think she's received criticism for how she treats her children and has repeatedly admitted to not being a nurturer or sympathetic to their needs. Changing the website helps her make people think she's more of a "softy, sweet Christian mom" while serves as her accountability "partner" to remind her that she is a mother. Braggie is well aware of her issues but the problem is that she simply calls it sin rather than getting help.

Braggie ain't "cheap"...she ain't even "thrifty". Who in their right minds pays 35 bucks for a roll of wallpaper??? Shit, buy a few gallons of paint and go that way. 

Curtains? Target has nice ones. I think I may have blown bucks at Kohl's for curtains. Haven't used them in years...all the apartments we've lived in have had blinds. 

Furniture? Ours looks lived in/on. Moves, cats, etc...have taken a toll on our furniture. Not planning to replace it any time soon. The last thing I "splurged" on was a cat tree. 

Braggie is really into herself. There's a cure for that...it's called STOP HAVING KIDS. 

45 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Braggie ain't "cheap"...she ain't even "thrifty". Who in their right minds pays 35 bucks for a roll of wallpaper??? Shit, buy a few gallons of paint and go that way. 

Curtains? Target has nice ones. I think I may have blown bucks at Kohl's for curtains. Haven't used them in years...all the apartments we've lived in have had blinds. 

Furniture? Ours looks lived in/on. Moves, cats, etc...have taken a toll on our furniture. Not planning to replace it any time soon. The last thing I "splurged" on was a cat tree. 

Braggie is really into herself. There's a cure for that...it's called STOP HAVING KIDS. 

Braggie compares herself to the interior design blogs she follows that post the work they do on Instagram for their millionaire clients and calls herself “cheap” compared to them. Braggie means she is “selectively cheap” as in, owns few clothes for the children, get the rest free or $1 in dingy condition, and yet will regularly throw down $30-50 a week on something for HERSELF & call it a “deal”. She spends money on herself only. Braggie does not want to be financially responsible for 8+ children and lives her life accordingly.

I am surprised she even got a pet. She complained on Instagram about the puppy peeing when he gets excited on the carpet and asking how to get it to stop. The poor thing never had a chance.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived