IGNORED

M Is for Mama 2: Quiverfull/Pinterest

Coconut Flan

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear I’ve replaced the main bathroom mat so many times. I have to wash it a lot due to little boy pee and constant dirt. You can only wash a bathroom mat so many times before it starts to fall apart. How is she going to clean these fancy rugs? 

How is “she” going to clean these rugs? Her children will.

Braggie was snarky and defensive that someone had the audacity to question her placement of the rug near the kitchen sink. Compared to her pesky followers, Ms. Braggie is the cleanest of them all (AKA forces her children to her maids while she peruses Instagram and eBay). She has no respect for her fan girls and how dare someone question her :).

43D3D3B7-1056-4620-98BF-E8DB504ED333.thumb.jpeg.685e267c2e96db36e0f5a636429310f0.jpeg

Haha “we” move it and clean it a lot. No, your children and your mother do.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish people would question her more. Maybe one day she will snap and go on some asshole tirade that makes her lose a bunch of humpers. 

LOL I can't get over, "I've always had a rug in front of my sink so I guess the getting dirty doesn't bother me too much :)."

That was her response to a fan girl who asked a simple question that wasn't snarky at all. I'm trying to stop using the word "bitch", in reference to other fellow women, so now I'll just say, my Lord, Braggie is a BUTTHOLE. She comes across as a snotty teenager. :)

On 1/14/2019 at 6:01 AM, danvillebelle said:

That would be a gorgeous tree...if it weren't half-covered by burlap ribbon.

The only words I think of when I see her interior are:  cluttered, cavernous BARN.  I could never feel at home in such a huge interior space.  

I just cringe thinking of how much it must cost to cool it in a Texas summer...

The interior of her house is resembles the inside of Home Depot or IKEA. Wide, in a bad way, as the interior's structure makes it looks like she lives in a warehouse. Barren (except for cluttered shelves). The interior (and exterior) lacks quality and screams cheap (big is not always better). 

7 hours ago, milkteeth said:

I'm sure that if Braggie watched Marie Kondo's show or read anything about her she would claim that it's pagan idol worship since Marie takes the time to introduce herself to the house and thank it. Of course, the real reason she'd be rejecting it is so that she doesn't have to get rid of any of her crap. I mean, does anything in Braggie's life spark joy? 

True story. We are homeschoolers and a bunch of the families in our homeschool group are boycotting the show because she "practices mysticism" with the thanking of the house. Thankfully my only interaction with these people is during piano practice. 

Mysticism???   They'd hate me then and threaten burning at the stake.  We had a party for the house when it turned 100 six years ago.

Braggie took the kids to a science museum. I always shake my head when fundies head to science museums. Since they all ignore such a huge chunk of it.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie took the kids to a science museum. I always shake my head when fundies head to science museums. Since they all ignore such a huge chunk of it.

You'd be surprised how much those fundie kids actually soak up though. Science & History museum trips were some of the highlights of my fundie homeschooled life. 

1 minute ago, EowynW said:

You'd be surprised how much those fundie kids actually soak up though. Science & History museum trips were some of the highlights of my fundie homeschooled life. 

I’m definitely glad to see the kids there. I’m just amazed the parents even want to set foot inside the building! 

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m definitely glad to see the kids there. I’m just amazed the parents even want to set foot inside the building! 

My mom loved taking us. A ton of mistakes were made, but she did try so damn hard to be a good homeschooling mom.  She taught me how to think outside the box in many ways, even if it has now backfired on her, lol. She also introduced me to Greek mythology and Shakespeare. 

Someone mentioned up thread about how much AC must cost Braggie in the hot East Texas summer.  This is, of course, assuming she has AC in the whole house (not just her bedroom/ her sitting room) or that she turns it on at all/ sets a temp that will cool the house.

i can see her having AC only in her bedroom.  I've known 3 people who do this here in the steamy South.

Good Lord! What a nutter. The only two possible options she can think of is to brag about things or shame her kids. I have an idea. What about not putting everything online? That's an idea that worked for human beings for thousands of years. Oh, but what would that one person whose salvation depends on her do? My answer: Sit down, lady, and get out of God's way. 

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hahahahahaha! She definitely reads here. I bet she visits this thread at least twice a week! 

BFF7C6D2-4399-4614-B77E-570077CADF11.jpeg

I mean, if this thread makes her pissed, she couldn't she just NOT read it? Right?

I don’t even understand how she has time to blog or post long-winded multi paragraph comments online. 7 kids, huge house, pregnant, part time job, homeschooler, co-op teacher, in-home exercise instructor...Give it up and focus on your personal army, and stop providing the public fodder to use against you. She claims to be such an intellect, yet has zero common sense.

"There will be some that claimed Ezra never actually said the words..."

I believe that he did want to help his mom. Kids are like that. What I personally don't agree with is that it seems to be Ezra's main function. Abbie, by your own words, #thirdparent. 

Also, it isn't necessary to "offset" your children's positive aspects by criticizing them publicly. I don't think anyone here believes that you're bragging when you praise your children. However, you're known as Braggie because of your incessant posts about your house, your furniture, your clothing, your "Anthro", and how much you've paid for it all. 

Remember, you are choosing to put your life online. No one is forcing you to have an Insta or a blog. Not everyone will envy your life. Not everyone who criticises you is a miserable person. Some people, like myself, see shitty behavior being broadcast with a glossy veneer and aren't fooled. If you don't want the attention, do yourself a huge favor and stop posting your life.

I’m guessing Ezra is a smart 12 year old who didn’t feel like doing homeschool work (I guarantee her kids prefer grandma teacher and the homeschool coop teachers over Braggie) and knew his mom would just at the chance to mealprep instead of homeschooling. Ezra knows his mother hates homeschooling them. 

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Also, it isn't necessary to "offset" your children's positive aspects by criticizing them publicly.

This is what I can't get past. Why the need to "offset" something positive her children did with a weakness?  It's one thing to acknowledge a child's struggle with something, but entirely another to put them down *publicly*.  

I do find it quite humorous that she obviously doesn't like what we're saying about her, yet she cares enough about it to take the time to read it.  ?  Other than FJ, I find social media to be a waste of my time.  One would think she felt the same way about FJ...

Caveat: I love fashion and home decor and weddings. These are three places where women are able to SPEAK and EXPRESS and share their tastes with others. But I do side-eye people who think Kondo practices "mysticism" when their own household trappings are so obviously an idol.

And bathmats--so, go to Ikea (or World Market), and get a white thick towel mat for not-to-expensive. Bleach it every weekend. BAM--pristine bathmat that keeps your toes warm. And for our European folks who don't/can't use bleach, then lay it in the sun and still wash the heck out of it. BAM-lovely bathmats.

Abbie, if you do read here, I'm glad you are willing to read through what people are saying, although I admit some of this thread is too harsh and there are a lot of assumptions made.  I hope you'll forgive me if anything I said was hurtful. I debated creating a FJ account for a long time, but ultimately needed a space to have my feelings validated. I'm dealing with PTSD (complete with super fun flashbacks, nightmares, and panic attacks) from my son's delivery and 5 month hospital/ICU stay last year. I essentially needed to check in with other people and see if how I was reading your posts was based in reality or getting twisted by my trauma. I also just needed a little bit of a support system while I'm homebound for the winter with a medically fragile baby. 

I'm not jealous of your life (except for the regular date nights. That would be AMAAAAAZING to be able to do! But I don't begrudge you those date nights). I just think it would be helpful if you either had someone help you edit the "tone" of your posts or edit the attitude of your heart. Writing is my jam, too. I have a literary agent and publisher, so I feel like I'm able to speak with some experience and knowledge. There is nothing wrong with bragging on your kids. But it always comes across as "my kids are great people because I'm a great parent and have trained them to be great. They're probably better than other kids their age because of my training. Except for this annoying humanity that I can't train out of them. What is wrong with them?" 

The humble-bragging comes in when you say how amazing your life is and don't give God the glory. Full Stop. Your writing suggests God gets the glory for rewarding you for being really good at following Him, or budgeting, or working hard. It borders on fully embracing the prosperity gospel which is the antithesis of what Jesus taught. I can't think of anywhere in the New Testament where Jesus' followers are materially rewarded for obedience and faithfulness. They are, however, scorned, martyred, and given opportunities to give all their material wealth to the church and other believers. Jesus pretty much promises that can and will happen. 

The final thing that would be helpful in improving your tone (if you are interested in my completely unsolicited advice :)) would be to freely and frequently say how much help you have in getting all the things you do done. Not just mentioning your mom has the kids overnight for date night, or burying the fact that she is the primary teacher of your kids in a blog post, but include that sort of information regularly since it is a regular part of your life. 

I did stop following you quite awhile ago, but still check your instagram sometimes because I like to see your decor and style. And I had thought that over the last month or so you had improved the tone of your posts. If that was intentional, thank you for humbling yourself to listen to what people on a snark site are saying. 

I had thought for quite awhile that I maybe should direct message or email you as a sister in Christ and let you know how your witness is hindering how the gospel appears to others, but I didn't want to come at you like that. I hope you read this. I'm happy to message with you, and even help you edit the tone of your posts if you'd like. Shout out on instagram if you'd like that.

My advice to Braggie: pretend your captions are like Twitter. You can only use so many characters before it cuts you off. Keep that shit short. The only people who read those long winded walls of text are her humpers and her haters. That’s it. She won’t draw many new people in with those long ass posts. 

46 minutes ago, CatholicLite said:

Hey, does anyone know if she's having a homebirth or not? It seems like she would.

She’s likely planning on it. Have you read her long as fuck birth stories? She usually homebirths even if it’s not a great idea (like with her twins). Actually don’t read any of her birth stories on her blog. You will end up gouging your eyeballs out with a rusty butter knife.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived