IGNORED

M Is for Mama 2: Quiverfull/Pinterest

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

1117381325_ScreenShot2018-12-31at6_48_04PM.thumb.png.b5fe8aeea49bccfa19df8bb2202759c5.png

I'm sorry this is pretty BEC but this part of her house is driving me nuts. Like, the wall height of the lofty area is shorter than the rest of the room, and then the vaulted ceiling just sorta ends.

That is weird. And I see a camera above the door. I guess Braggie needs to keep an eye on her kids at all times like the Duggars. 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what happens when you have your allegedly computer wizard guru husband DIY your "mansion" without the help of an architect, builder, or housing contractor.

I wonder if anything in that house is up to code?

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That is weird. And I see a camera above the door. I guess Braggie needs to keep an eye on her kids at all times like the Duggars. 

I believe she has mentioned in the past that it is a projector that they use for watching movies?

5 minutes ago, Somer said:

I believe she has mentioned in the past that it is a projector that they use for watching movies?

Thanks! Braggie documents their lives constantly so a camera did not seem too far fetched.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:28 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

This is what happens when you have your allegedly computer wizard guru husband DIY your "mansion" without the help of an architect, builder, or housing contractor.

Truth. Part of me wants to submit her house to McMansion hell.

Granted I'm not an architect, but I'm gonna give it my best shot (with knowledge almost exclusively from reading McMansion Hell:  

The primary mass is over powered
Those dormers are too big. 
There are windows on the top that are larger than the ones below them
Too many window shapes
Garage is huuuge
Dunno if this is actually wrong but I don't like the way the porch roof is hipped on one side be a gable on the other
I'm pretty sure I see a "McMansion nub"

2 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Truth. Part of me wants to submit her house to McMansion hell.

Granted I'm not an architect, but I'm gonna give it my best shot (with knowledge almost exclusively from reading McMansion Hell:  

The primary mass is over powered
Those dormers are too big. 
There are windows on the top that are larger than the ones below them
Too many window shapes
Garage is huuuge
Dunno if this is actually wrong but I don't like the way the porch roof is hipped on one side be a gable on the other
I'm pretty sure I see a "McMansion nub"

God, I love McMansion Hell. This house is McMansion Hell 100%. Yikes.

The right dormer is also higher than the left and what's up with that totally off-centre tiny window under the left dormer? 

1 hour ago, bea said:

She’s showing off the antique rug that’s in the kitchen.
Whut.

She’s putting these rugs in the absolute worst places. First she uses one as a barf catcher and now the kitchen one is a dish water catcher.

3 hours ago, ladyaudley said:

The right dormer is also higher than the left and what's up with that totally off-centre tiny window under the left dormer? 

These three windows are way too big. They look ridiculous. Like they were just squished in. 

4A301227-DC44-4F25-AFAE-9462B7958FAF.jpeg

Lol, definitely a McMansion. She has no less than 7 different windows types and at least four different roof heights. Also, her "preview" rugs are very nice but look atrocious with her decor. 

Additionally, I just can't like that color for the outside of a house. I like it in general, and think it'd be great for an inside room, but it just adds to the absurdity of the whole structure.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:28 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

My grandparents are witnessing McMansion hell with their neighbors and it is unfortunately a really messed up situation. The neighbor has done a lot illegally with new construction and been stopped by the city a couple times, but forged ahead because he doesn’t give a f*ck about anyone or the environment. At least this family doesn’t appear to have immediately nearby neighbors that have to see that all the time or are affected by dumb choices.

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

These three windows are way too big. They look ridiculous. Like they were just squished in. 

The dormers are definitely the worst part for me. In fact I think the house would be improved immensely if they just lost the two side wings completely. That and flipping which side is bigger. Having the right side both be larger and have the porch makes it so unbalanced. Also lower the roof height and fix the window shapes.

Hmm I guess I just described redoing the whole house...

8 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Additionally, I just can't like that color for the outside of a house. I like it in general, and think it'd be great for an inside room, but it just adds to the absurdity of the whole structure.

I would love that color on a small and cute little cottage house. It’s too much on her giant monstrosity. 

Braggie, give up.  That post isn't about snow.  It's about showing off your house to get more compliments, more people oohing and ahhing over what you have.  

My family and I live in a small house, but I bet there's just as much love here as there is in your house.  My style is a mix of things, but nobody has to worry about leaving fingerprints or bumping decor.  Its home.  It's where our kids work on 4-H projects, ride their bikes, do their chores, and grab a snack.  Your McMansion just makes me wonder, what hides underneath that pretty exterior?

12 hours ago, 3splenty said:

Your McMansion just makes me wonder, what hides underneath that pretty exterior?

I guess it is something really really ugly. 

I don't think that Braggie's house is filled with much love. The siblings probably care a lot about each other, but I can't imagine Braggie being a supportive and loving mother. And her husband? He seems to be so completely out of the picture that he's probably feeling glad he has to work a lot and just tries to make as much money as possible so there is no interference with Braggie's next shopping spree.

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

I guess it is something really really ugly. 

I don't think that Braggie's house is filled with much love. The siblings probably care a lot about each other, but I can't imagine Braggie being a supportive and loving mother. And her husband? He seems to be so completely out of the picture that he's probably feeling glad he has to work a lot and just tries to make as much money as possible so there is no interference with Braggie's next shopping spree.

I think so too. My kids are constantly up my butt. They are very close in age to her twins and Theo. My kids are constantly interacting with me and cuddling. They are also always wanting me to just sit in the same room. They don’t even care if I’m on my phone or reading. They just want me in the room where they are playing. I admit that I do find it annoying but they are young and it won’t last forever. I’ve always imagined Braggie’s kids just do their own thing most of the time. They are probably playing together and hugging each other. However I imagine they are not interacting as much with Braggie. They probably go off to some huge part of that house and don’t see Braggie for two hours and it doesn’t matter. Because they are mostly on their own. And then she will gather them all up for a cute project or a photo at the front door. That way she can prove to Instagram that she’s an awesome mom. 

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kids are constantly up my butt.

Mine are STILL up my butt! I rue the day someone invented texting and facebook messenger! Yesterday was a long involved conversation w/#1 daughter about airlines, computers and her brothers being PITAs. #1 son: moving, prices of furniture, what do you need for a "well equipped" kitchen. What size bed should they buy for little one. #2 son: his truck, what's wrong with it, how to fix it, how much do parts cost. 

That was just one day with adult children. They still believe that mama will drop everything for them (even when I'm at work and they know it). #2 son claims that I'm the closest thing to an omnipotent being he knows. 

It's nice to still be needed! 

14 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Mine are STILL up my butt! I rue the day someone invented texting and facebook messenger! Yesterday was a long involved conversation w/#1 daughter about airlines, computers and her brothers being PITAs. #1 son: moving, prices of furniture, what do you need for a "well equipped" kitchen. What size bed should they buy for little one. #2 son: his truck, what's wrong with it, how to fix it, how much do parts cost. 

That was just one day with adult children. They still believe that mama will drop everything for them (even when I'm at work and they know it). #2 son claims that I'm the closest thing to an omnipotent being he knows. 

My parents don’t hear much from me, lol. Before I had kids, I barely called or texted them. They would call me to see if I was still alive. I do send them pictures and messages more now that I have kids. They love the pictures. 

Can we just note the last time the horrible bangs were styled as such was before Christmas? Girlfriend must have noticed they weren’t flattering

That house looks like something someone build in The Sims when they were building their first house and had no idea what they were doing! 

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I have similar issues. Sometimes I wish they didn't need me QUITE so much.

Though I will admit it can be amusing when @Shoobydoo drunk texts/calls me.

On 1/5/2019 at 3:50 PM, 3splenty said:

Your McMansion just makes me wonder, what hides underneath that pretty exterior?

Honestly, it looks cheap, awkward, and ugly to me. The exterior lacks quality and isn't made of pretty stone or brick. It's obvious that she desperately attempts to make her house appear something it's not.

mansion.thumb.JPG.765949816933832a5a04c4e3363c158b.JPG
This mansion is located in a wealthy suburb. The exterior is gorgeous and made of high quality.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived