IGNORED

M Is for Mama 2: Quiverfull/Pinterest

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe the room is actually attached to Braggie’s master bedroom. That’s probably why Honor hasn’t slept in it for a year. She pushed him off onto his brother dads at her first chance. I am sure they get up with him in the night. 

It's attached to her closet and either the boys or girls playroom:

image.thumb.png.7fe3c94e1cb68b548ccf49bd088fe364.png

The "study" next to the stairs is where Honor and Theo sleep.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to catch that soft serve type poop with my hand once. Otherwise it would’ve landed on my beige carpet. I would rather a hand full of warm soft serve than scrub it out of my carpet for an hour. 

3 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

It's attached to her closet and either the boys or girls playroom:

image.thumb.png.7fe3c94e1cb68b548ccf49bd088fe364.png

The "study" next to the stairs is where Honor and Theo sleep.

It makes me wonder how many rooms in that giant house go unused 90% of the time. It would drive me crazy to heat, cool, and decorate rooms that are never used. What a waste.

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It makes me wonder how many rooms in that giant house go unused 90% of the time. It would drive me crazy to heat, cool, and decorate rooms that are never used. What a waste.

AMEN.

I live about an hour from her.  Trust me - her electric bills in summer have got to be GINORMOUS.

ETA: I live in a 1260 sq. ft. apartment and this past August, our AC had a slight problem and our bill went up to well over $300.  And we don't have any west facing windows, we have apartments on either side of us, and the back of our building is lined with trees. 

Extrapolate that cost to cooling that freaking BARN she lives in, with no shade and probably shitty insulation.  Yeah.

7 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

AMEN.

I live about an hour from her.  Trust me - her electric bills in summer have got to be GINORMOUS.

ETA: I live in a 1260 sq. ft. apartment and this past August, our AC had a slight problem and our bill went up to well over $300.  And we don't have any west facing windows, we have apartments on either side of us, and the back of our building is lined with trees. 

Extrapolate that cost to cooling that freaking BARN she lives in, with no shade and probably shitty insulation.  Yeah.

The high ceilings in some parts of the house probably don’t help either. I don’t see many ceiling fans in her home. I imagine that would help a bit with cooling costs in the summer. But I’m sure she thinks ceiling fans are ugly. 

At one point we lived in a 5200 sq foot home...with 4 of us there were many unused rooms and the worst part was the utility bills, especially during the hot summer months. When we were transferred, we downsized to a 2000 sq foot abode. We just had to get rid of a lot of crap and 2 dependents, LOL!

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

At one point we lived in a 5200 sq foot home...with 4 of us there were many unused rooms and the worst part was the utility bills, especially during the hot summer months. When we were transferred, we downsized to a 2000 sq foot abode. We just had to get rid of a lot of crap and 2 dependents, LOL!

There’s a very old home about a mile from ours that is a mansion. It’s big and beautiful but rather cold. It is listed under 1 million. It’s been on the market for so long with smaller homes selling for more money. I imagine no one wants this giant home to take care of. Only a fraction of the home would be used regularly. 

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s a very old home about a mile from ours that is a mansion. It’s big and beautiful but rather cold. It is listed under 1 million. It’s been on the market for so long with smaller homes selling for more money. I imagine no one wants this giant home to take care of. Only a fraction of the home would be used regularly. 

It’s really hard to sell a huge house. We moved in 2009 and during the recession it was even more so...luckily since our move was a company transfer, the company ended up buying our house. 

The fact that there are two bedrooms that can only be accessed through another bedroom is kind of driving me nuts. It reminds me of doing a legacy challenge on The Sims and having to expand but not having that much money, so just sticking a couple more bedrooms onto existing bedrooms and thinking, "This'll have to do for now until the sim dad gets promoted to astronaut."

26 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

The fact that there are two bedrooms that can only be accessed through another bedroom is kind of driving me nuts. It reminds me of doing a legacy challenge on The Sims and having to expand but not having that much money, so just sticking a couple more bedrooms onto existing bedrooms and thinking, "This'll have to do for now until the sim dad gets promoted to astronaut."

I look at Braggie’s House like I look at the Duggar house. They better plan on living there for decades because I doubt many people will be thrilled about the wacky floor plan.

36 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I also feel like it could be dangerous if there was a fire. You're basically adding a shitload more steps to getting the hell out of the house. And putting the responsibility of remembering the way on small children. I'm especially concerned about the lack of hall access for that nursery. 

41 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I was just about to say this, but also I know "God will protect them" but God forbid there's ever a fire or something terrible... so many parts of that house don't seem to have enough *true* exits. It makes me anxious.  I hope there are window fire ladders stored in each room (I know there aren't.) 

6 minutes ago, Casserole said:

I was just about to say this, but also I know "God will protect them" but God forbid there's ever a fire or something terrible... so many parts of that house don't seem to have enough *true* exits. It makes me anxious.  I hope there are window fire ladders stored in each room (I know there aren't.) 

There aren't enough. If god forbid there was a fire in the bedroom between the nursery and the two-kid bedroom, three children (including an infant) would have no way to escape. This layout has crossed the line from stupid/weird to a death-trap. And possibly illegal/not compliant with building fire safety codes. Abbie, please, PLEASE consider the safety of your children and reconsider the layout of your second floor. The cost of renovation to bring you up to code is chump change compared to the lives of your children. 

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

AMEN.

I'm sure Braggie doesn't care about the practical aspects of heating/cooling a home that size-- that's Sean's (sp?) lookout. The house is her status symbol to show the world what a "good" "homemaker" she is.

Likewise, she doesn't care about the practical aspects of raising a passel of children-- that's her eldest son's job. The kids are her status symbol to show the world she's a "good mother" and I can't type that with a straight face, even using air quotes.

I hope when plans on living there for a long time because no one will want to buy her house.

The house is awkwardly oversized, not well insulated, and is way out in the sticks of east Texas where there are no jobs and a poor school district. 

She can fake it on Instagram all she wants but she does not live in some upper crust neighborhood.

I meant to say “she” (darn autocorrect).

I’m pretty sure Braggie lives in Bullard, TX. According to Google, “Bullard is a small town[3] in Smith and Cherokee counties in the east central part of U.S. state of Texas. U.S. Route 69 and Farm-to-Market Roads 2137, 2493, and 344, intersect here, about 15 miles (24 km) south of the larger city of Tyler. The population was 2,463 at the 2010 census,[4] up from 1,150 at the 2000 census.”

I don’t think we’ve crossed a line here but since she lives so rurally... we’ve now seen a photo of the house, the floor plan, and the town. That may all be accessible information but also is rather uncomfortable to have piled all in one place.

16 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I don’t think we’ve crossed a line here but since she lives so rurally... we’ve now seen a photo of the house, the floor plan, and the town. That may all be accessible information but also is rather uncomfortable to have piled all in one place.

I hear you, but in all fairness Braggie is the one who posted her house's floor plan on a public blog for all to see. She also posts pics of her house all over her blog and IG.

(I'm seriously not giving you a hard time, just saying that maaaaaybe Abbie could stand to not post her personal info all over the internet) 

2 minutes ago, PopRox said:

I hear you, but in all fairness Braggie is the one who posted her house's floor plan on a public blog for all to see. She also posts pics of her house all over her blog and IG.

(I'm seriously not giving you a hard time, just saying that maaaaaybe Abbie could stand to not post her personal info all over the internet) 

It’s often a fine line. I didn’t quote anyone. And she reads us. Nobody is breaking a rule. She’s obnoxious as hell. It was just an observation once I thought about how rural the town was. Maybe she will get a clue on her own.

Oh please, someone’s actually showing up on her doorstep based on all this info would give her the biggest “I’m famous” hardon of all time. 

On 12/29/2018 at 2:37 PM, luv2laugh said:

I hope when plans on living there for a long time because no one will want to buy her house.

The house is awkwardly oversized, not well insulated, and is way out in the sticks of east Texas where there are no jobs and a poor school district. 

She can fake it on Instagram all she wants but she does not live in some upper crust neighborhood.

I live in the area. There are decent jobs. You just have to commute to get to them. It's a fact of life for most people in the area. 

19 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I meant to say “she” (darn autocorrect).

I’m pretty sure Braggie lives in Bullard, TX. According to Google, “Bullard is a small town[3] in Smith and Cherokee counties in the east central part of U.S. state of Texas. U.S. Route 69 and Farm-to-Market Roads 2137, 2493, and 344, intersect here, about 15 miles (24 km) south of the larger city of Tyler. The population was 2,463 at the 2010 census,[4] up from 1,150 at the 2000 census.”

She's very close to Tyler, which is a good sized, bustling city. I'm surprised my hick town is a bit larger than hers, LOL. 

A lot of people live in the area because COL is cheaper. We only pay $700 for rent here in a house that would close $1300+ a month back in my home town. Downside is the commute to jobs that pay decent. 

There IS money in the Tyler and surrounding areas. A lot of people from the Dallas area are moving out here and building fancy houses. It's not a complete shithole or in the sticks. 

She's very close to Tyler, which is a good sized, bustling city. I'm surprised my hick town is a bit larger than hers, LOL. 
A lot of people live in the area because COL is cheaper. We only pay $700 for rent here in a house that would close $1300+ a month back in my home town. Downside is the commute to jobs that pay decent. 
There IS money in the Tyler and surrounding areas. A lot of people from the Dallas area are moving out here and building fancy houses. It's not a complete shithole or in the sticks. 
I visited Tyler before Christmas and was pleasantly surprised. It's a pretty little city; it felt to me like a miniature Tulsa. The cousin who lives there said they have a fun music and art scene (considering the area, metro areas are always going to have more of course).

38 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I live in the area. There are decent jobs. You just have to commute to get to them. It's a fact of life for most people in the area. 

I consider the IBLP HQ in Big Sandy to also be “in the sticks”. Similar to Bullard, Big Sandy is only 25 minutes away from Tyler.

A one bedroom studio apartment where I live costs $1300. Perhaps what one considers to be “in the sticks” is relative. I’d consider it to be a small town, rural area with not a lot of jobs and a low ranking (or not well funded) school system.

The fact is that a home and COL in general, will be more expensive if you’re in a metro area where there are jobs and a good school system.

There is nothing wrong with living out in the sticks but it’s important to be honest. I appreciate people who are “real”. Many people would downsize and move to a lower COL region if they weren’t tied to a certain career. Most people can’t afford to live in big homes in metropolitan area. Many aren’t able to move to a rural area until they retire.

My entire point is that Braggie enjoys pretending she lives an upper crust neighborhood and she does not. Braggie does not live in Greenwich, CT.

Rural doesn't always equal a shitty school system, though. We have several districts in my area that are surprisingly good and out of area people move here and fight to get in. I do not think the whole rural = it sucks view is accurate. 

1 hour ago, sleepy_doggos said:
2 hours ago, EowynW said:

Read more  

I visited Tyler before Christmas and was pleasantly surprised. It's a pretty little city; it felt to me like a miniature Tulsa. The cousin who lives there said they have a fun music and art scene (considering the area, metro areas are always going to have more of course).

I love it. It reminds me a lot of the area I grew up in. 

1117381325_ScreenShot2018-12-31at6_48_04PM.thumb.png.b5fe8aeea49bccfa19df8bb2202759c5.png

I'm sorry this is pretty BEC but this part of her house is driving me nuts. Like, the wall height of the lofty area is shorter than the rest of the room, and then the vaulted ceiling just sorta ends.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived