IGNORED

Saudis/MBS/Khashoggi/Yemen/Kushner

Howl

Thanks, @Howl.  I find this story about AMI and Jeff Bezos interesting.  (I'm still catching up after a power outage today, but wow!)  A little snippet from a Washington Post article also had me intrigued:

Ted Boutrous, a veteran lawyer who briefly represented [Karen] McDougal in a dispute with the Enquirer, said the emails Bezos described in his post are “a textbook example of blackmail and extortion. It’s ripped right out of the law books.”

He added, “At an extreme level, this shows how frightening it should be to the citizens of the United States that the National Enquirer reportedly has a safe full of information about the president of the United States. That’s one of the dangers to democracy of what they were engaged in when they were catching and killing information they could have used against Candidate Trump and now President Trump. . . . It’s a shocking and frightening thing Mr. Bezos has revealed.”

:popcorn2:   I want to see what's in that safe!

Link to WaPo article

• Upvote 6

43 minutes ago, Howl said:

Note: AMI (American Media) is the parent company of The National Enquirer.

I was trying to sort out where this goes in the general scheme of things and since it relate to The National Enquirer and what WaPo was publishing about The National Enquirer/David Pecker the Saudis and Khashoggi, I thought it should land here. 

I'm sure a lot of y'all know by now that Jeff Bezos today has published an open letter with the details of a National Enquirer/David Pecker-initiated blackmail scheme (Lordy, there's a letter laying out the terms). The threat?  If WaPo didn't lay off on the Saudi/David Pecker/Khashoggi angle, The National Enquirer would publish intimate pictures of Bezos and his (presumably) mistress, although not together -- it's not a sex tape thing. 

A few snips from the Bezos' open letter: 

Reveal hidden contents

Also, The Post’s essential and unrelenting coverage of the murder of its columnist Jamal Khashoggi is undoubtedly unpopular in certain circles...

...Back to the story: Several days ago, an AMI leader advised us that Mr. Pecker is “apoplectic” about our investigation. For reasons still to be better understood, the Saudi angle seems to hit a particularly sensitive nerve.

A few days after hearing about Mr. Pecker’s apoplexy, we were approached, verbally at first, with an offer. They said they had more of my text messages and photos that they would publish if we didn’t stop our investigation.

This is a list of pictures that the National Enquirer threatened to publish. 

Hide contents

In addition to the “below the belt selfie — otherwise colloquially known as a ‘d*ck pick’” — The Enquirer obtained a further nine images. These include:

· Mr. Bezos face selfie at what appears to be a business meeting.

· Ms. Sanchez response — a photograph of her smoking a cigar in what appears to be a simulated oral sex scene.

· A shirtless Mr. Bezos holding his phone in his left hand — while wearing his wedding ring. He’s wearing either tight black cargo pants or shorts — and his semi-erect manhood is penetrating the zipper of said garment.

· A full-length body selfie of Mr. Bezos wearing just a pair of tight black boxer-briefs or trunks, with his phone in his left hand — while wearing his wedding ring.

· A selfie of Mr. Bezos fully clothed.

· A full-length scantily-clad body shot with short trunks.

· A naked selfie in a bathroom — while wearing his wedding ring. Mr. Bezos is wearing nothing but a white towel — and the top of his pubic region can be seen.

· Ms. Sanchez wearing a plunging red neckline dress revealing her cleavage and a glimpse of her nether region.

· Ms. Sanchez wearing a two-piece red bikini with gold detail dress revealing her cleavage.

It would give no editor pleasure to send this email. I hope common sense can prevail — and quickly.

Bezos has hired investigators with no limit on budget to figure out how the photos were acquired and he already has legions of lawyers. I'd be surprised if The National Enquirer survives this entire shitaroo. 

I’m thinking some how his cloud account was hacked. 

• Upvote 3

The article in my paper today about the Bezos blackmail did not reference Khashoggi at all.  But apparently, the Enquirer had been tailing Bezos and Sanchez for quite some time as their affair played out, which is pretty damned creepy. 

Sanchez' brother, a big Trump supporter, claims he wasn't part of getting Bezos' texts. 

Here's Business Insider's take on the whole thing. 

These are the main players in the explosive saga of Jeff Bezos' love life and his war with the National Enquirer

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Saudis: So yeah Khashoggi was dismembered but hey, nobody's perfect ,amirite?

Umm no. Buying the curry flavored popcorn from Trader Joe's was a mistake. Adding double the butter when making cornbread was a mistake.

Getting a bone saw and other items needed for body disposal, luring a man into a room, killing him and making the body disappear is premeditated murder. 

• Upvote 9

That was the MBS coast-to-coast charm offensive in Spring 2018.  This visit did not pass unnoticed. 

Interesting CNBC article written by a professor of Islamic Studies, University of Notre Dame

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s US visit is a shopping trip for war

• Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman markets himself as a domestic reformer with the ambition to unleash the potential of 32 million Saudi citizens.
  • His actions both at home and among his neighbors call into question whether he can be a useful ally for the West.

<snip>

He also brazenly announced his ambition to acquire nuclear weapons if Iran acquired them. A disastrous war in Yemen, the attempted isolation of Qatar, and ratcheting up hostility with Iran are strategic policy failures on the prince's resume. He has no successes to show save for letting women drive in Saudi Arabia and opening up cinemas—both being long overdue social freedoms

• Upvote 3

Click HERE for unroll of @KarenAttiah's  Twitter #ThrEaD Talk about Khashoggi, Kushner, KSA, weapons, MBS and Trump admin refusal to meet Congress' deadline to report on Saudi Crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman’s role in Jamal #khashoggi’s killing. 

Karen Attiah works for WaPo and is also working hard for #JusticeforJamal 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cross posted on the National Enquirer thread: 

Yet another plot twist in this saga: 

Saudis Hacked Jeff Bezos’ Phone For Texts Also Used In Enquirer Story: Investigator  Gavin De Becker said he and others “concluded with high confidence that the Saudis had access to Bezos’ phone.”

Gavin De Becker is  the heavy-hitter outside investigator hired by Bezos.  You may also recall that a close friend of Jamal Khashoggi is sure that the Saudi's used software developed by the Israeli NSO Group that can spy directly on any phone, even when using encryption apps like WhatsApp.  He is so certain of this that he's suing the NSO Group.  There seems to be some belief that the Saudis are using the actual software.  I can only imagine how much money the Saudis would pay to get access to that technology or to bribe someone to use it on their behalf.  

Israeli software company 'shared hacked messages' from Khashoggi with Saudi, lawsuit claims

This article, from Dec. 2018,   interviews Jamal Khashoggi's Canadian friend and sheds some light on the plans they had to disrupt MBS's brutal regime of terror.  It's not surprising that Jamal was murdered.  

• Upvote 1

I was in error in my previous post. Gavin De Becker has been Bezos' investigator for 20+ years; he's not an outside investigator. 

Bezos Investigation Finds the Saudis Obtained His Private Data  The National Enquirer’s lawyer tried to get me to say there was no hacking.

This is Gavin De Becker's article posted on The Daily Beast on Saturday, March 30, summarizing the whole rodeo.  He notes that AMI/The Enquirer/David Pecker were pushing the Michael Sanchez hard as the source of the leaked texts, not trying to cover it up.  He also notes that Bezos' texts/emails/phone were hacked BEFORE AMI/The Enquirer/David Pecker were pushing Michael Sanchez as the leaker/source for the texts and De Becker confirms that the Saudis hacked Bezos' phone. 

He also notes that Michael Sanchez is an associate/something of Carter Page and Roger Stone. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/1/2019 at 1:59 PM, Howl said:

I was in error in my previous post. Gavin De Becker has been Bezos' investigator for 20+ years; he's not an outside investigator. 

Bezos Investigation Finds the Saudis Obtained His Private Data  The National Enquirer’s lawyer tried to get me to say there was no hacking.

This is Gavin De Becker's article posted on The Daily Beast on Saturday, March 30, summarizing the whole rodeo.  He notes that AMI/The Enquirer/David Pecker were pushing the Michael Sanchez hard as the source of the leaked texts, not trying to cover it up.  He also notes that Bezos' texts/emails/phone were hacked BEFORE AMI/The Enquirer/David Pecker were pushing Michael Sanchez as the leaker/source for the texts and De Becker confirms that the Saudis hacked Bezos' phone. 

He also notes that Michael Sanchez is an associate/something of Carter Page and Roger Stone. 

Call me suspicious, but this has me thinking that maybe Bezos' mistress was a plant...