IGNORED

Sears has filed for bankruptcy

47of74

On 10/31/2018 at 4:50 PM, Briefly said:

Venture was in Tulsa when we moved there in the early 90's.  It was a lot like Target.  We liked Venture, we missed them after they closed.  There was a store in our area, Gordman's.  The were similar but they also closed.  At least in this area, I'm  not sure if the chain itself closed or not.

I remember they were. Kmart was the lower end and Venture was the step up. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm another one who remembers the lunch counter at Woolworth's, and once worked at Kmart, shortly after it bought Sears, so our lanyards  with our name tags had the Craftsman name on it, to advertise that Kmart was selling those tools.

I remember they were. Kmart was the lower end and Venture was the step up. 

Yeah we had a Venture here. The chain went bankrupt and shut down. ShopKo bought the property and has a store there now.

The building originally housed a Zayre department store.

The one in a major mall near me is closing. I usually park out side of it walk through to the rest of the mall.  Last week I just couldn't do it. I made my husband park else where because it was just so depressing. All those folks out of a job.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:53 PM, 47of74 said:

The building originally housed a Zayre department store.

I remember shopping at Zayre as a kid growing up in Providence.

I could go for a Newport Creamery grilled cheese and coffee malted right now.

17 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

The one in a major mall near me is closing. I usually park out side of it walk through to the rest of the mall.  Last week I just couldn't do it. I made my husband park else where because it was just so depressing. All those folks out of a job.

I remember shopping at Zayre as a kid growing up in Providence.

I remember when Ames bought them out(which, IIRC, was the beginning of Ames's downward spiral).

Archived