IGNORED

Meghan and Harry: Royal Baby

15 minutes ago, viii said:

I agree that it's a personal decision, and they have a lot of eyes on them, but I think for publicity, it would be a better PR move to announce October 16th. There was already speculation, and waiting a day wouldn't have done any damage. I agree that it was nice that they waited until after Jack and Eugenie's wedding, but I just think they could have waited a little longer (or worn something different for the wedding - her outfit was designed to attract attention to her mid-section). 

October 15th is World Pregnancy Loss Awareness Day. 

October 16th was the day the tour started. They arrived in Australia on the 15th. So I really don’t think they could have waited an extra day.

And I (very obviously) don’t speak for everyone else who has experienced a pregnancy loss or death of a child, but I see nothing wrong with them announcing on that specific date, especially considering the circumstances.

ETA: As for her wedding outfit, we can’t know why she picked it. There are a lot of changes that happen to your body during pregnancy and those changes happen at different times for everyone. It’s entirely possible she went with an outfit that she felt most comfortable in due to those changes and that’s why the outfit drew attention to her midsection. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

They probably could have announced during tour, I don't think it would have interrupted much. In the end, it's not really a big deal, and it's always their decision when to announce, but that's just something that has always sat a little uneasy with me. I don't believe the rumors that Meghan is an attention whore, or a narcissist, but doing things like this doesn't help, either. 

I saw a few comments on my fb from friends who had lost babies that were kind of side-eyeing her, but I don't think anyone was offended, and I didn't really see any negative PR about it. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, viii said:

I saw a few comments on my fb from friends who had lost babies that were kind of side-eyeing her, but I don't think anyone was offended, and I didn't really see any negative PR about it. 

To be fair, unless you have gone through a pregnancy loss or are close to someone who has, many people wouldn't know about October 15th being the day of remembrance for such losses.

I didn't know about it, in spite of having a very pregnant family member at that point, so your initial reference to October 15th being a significant date was a bit of a mystery for me as well.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

I think the announced before the tour because if she had to pull out of engangements there was an explanation at hand. And I think there was also something to do with a threat of Zika that can be dangerous to unborn babies.

I agree with what most of you had said that there is not much publicity around day the day of remberance for loss of a baby

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

It was the fact she announced the pregnancy at Eugenie's wedding that bothered me.  That story was originally reported by a ton of legitimate news sites including pro-Royal ones like People, and it was mentioned at that time that Doria, Charles, and Camilla likely already knew.  

It wasn't until after the blowback that several hastily corrective articles came out saying that she didn't really announce it at Eugenie's wedding because she had apparently privately told a handful of the family members beforehand including of course Jack and Eugenie that she was pregnant. 

As usual with the BRF, it's telling for what it doesn't say - A. no denial that she did announce the pregnancy to most of the family at the wedding; and B. no mention that Eugenie was included and on-board with this plan to announce the pregnancy at her wedding.  

• Upvote 4

People.com also stated that she's about to enter her third trimester, which means she would have been into her second trimester by a month by the time the wedding happen. I just think the announcement and telling the family  literally could have happened one day sooner.

I know Charles has mentioned having a slimmed down monarchy, so I do wonder if this baby will get a royal title. I don't know why I feel like it well, but given how much Harry didn't enjoy royalty growing up, I could see him sparing his child as much of the attention as he can. 

Oh my, it seems that Daddy Markle is back blabbing to the media again.   He seemed to have gone quiet for a bit, I was hoping maybe he finally figured out that speaking to the media/tabloids, in spite of his own public acknowledgement that he was told not to, was not going to work as far as possibly reconnecting with his daughter.  But it seems that maybe the holidays have brought out his need to have another public pity party and everyone's invited.

I just want to say to the guy: stop, just stop.   Yes, you made some mistakes early on but going to the media repeatedly is only digging the hole deeper.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

29 minutes ago, viii said:

People.com also stated that she's about to enter her third trimester, which means she would have been into her second trimester by a month by the time the wedding happen. I just think the announcement and telling the family  literally could have happened one day sooner.

I know Charles has mentioned having a slimmed down monarchy, so I do wonder if this baby will get a royal title. I don't know why I feel like it well, but given how much Harry didn't enjoy royalty growing up, I could see him sparing his child as much of the attention as he can. 

I cannot imagine Meghan agreeing to her child not having a title.  

The early pregnancy might explain why her wedding gown was so poorly tailored.  I was surprised at the time, because CWK cut her teeth at Celine during the Phoebe Philo years.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

The early pregnancy might explain why her wedding gown was so poorly tailored.  I was surprised at the time, because CWK cut her teeth at Celine during the Phoebe Philo years.  

If she is entering her third trimester she would have become pregnant after her wedding. Likely around the middle of June. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

If she is entering her third trimester she would have become pregnant after her wedding. Likely around the middle of June. 

I believe "the wedding" the OP referenced was Eugenie's.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Dude is as dumb as a box of hammers. 

Daddy Markle: Meghan, why won’t you talk to me?

Meghan: I’m not having a conversation with you until you stop talking to the media. 

Daddy Markle to media: SHE WON’T TALK TO ME!!

Daddy Markle to Meghan: I don’t understand! Why won’t you talk to me?!

Meghan: ....

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I believe "the wedding" the OP referenced was Eugenie's.

You would think. But she was talking about pregnancy being a reason Meghan’s wedding dress was so “badly tailored” ( I thought it looked perfect, and modern ) 

• Upvote 7

On 11/19/2018 at 11:36 AM, VelociRapture said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/samantha-markles-plans-overshadow-meghan-book-release-date-095925632.html

This is such an asshole move by Samantha. You don’t do stuff like that to people you genuinely love. 

I'm firmly convinced that Samantha loves Samantha, and that all.  She seems like an awful person. She comes across as jealous and petty, and narcissistic from what I've seen.  I'm not surprised she is trying to upstage Meaghen.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

You would think. But she was talking about pregnancy being a reason Meghan’s wedding dress was so “badly tailored” ( I thought it looked perfect, and modern ) 

There is that in which case the dates are all wrong.  I was trying to get the comment to make sense and perhaps it just doesn't. 

I'm on the side of a poorly fitting dress, but after watching what she's worn since then I don't think she really knows how to put together a really well tailored outfit every time.  She was dressed on Suits and can't reproduce those perfect fits with her own clothing choices.  She also needs a different brand of bra or to quit wearing strapless bras with outfits that don't require them.  Then she'll turn around and pull off something really lovely that fits perfectly.  

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

This is the post I should have quoted originally.  That may make my first comment make more sense.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

All the earliest reports I read stated that the family had a chance to congratulate Meghan at the wedding - not that she actually announced it at the wedding. It was only later that the tabloids assumed that the actual announcement occurred at the wedding. I have no idea what actually happened, but I do know that that's how it was initially reported - that they congratulated her at the wedding, not that she necessarily announced it there.

I don't have much of an opinion on Meghan Markle. Instinctively I've never particularly liked her - but I don't know her. And I do know that the tabloids will literally do anything to drum up drama and clicks. They have no shame, no morals, and no qualms about twisting and inventing anything to sell their shitty papers. I wouldn't believe a single thing they print.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Meghan wouldn't have gotten pregnant until later in June or early July. She wasn't pregnant at her wedding, so I think her gown probably had more to do with stress weight loss. 

20 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Of course the child would be titled but as Lord or Lady not as Prince or Princess. Like Edward Children.

Once Charles is King, traditionally Harry's children would be upgraded to Prince/Princess title anyway, I believe. I could see them starting off like that from the bat, just like the Queen gave special permission for Charlotte and Louis, who should have really been Lady Charlotte and Lord Louis. However, I could also see Harry following through with his desire to separate his children from the throne, because he's talked enough about what a trial it was for him growing up. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, viii said:

Meghan wouldn't have gotten pregnant until later in June or early July. She wasn't pregnant at her wedding, so I think her gown probably had more to do with stress weight loss. 

Stress weight loss is also my vote on this.   My own gown, that fit perfectly at the last fitting, was looser on me by the time the wedding rolled around.  Definitely stress weight loss as I wasn't eating.  A little stress and I will eat.   A lot of stress and my appetite is non existent.   And we know Meghan had a lot of stress in those last weeks.  

• Upvote 8

@nokidsmom I agree, I assumed it was related to stress - and I hate to think of what the stress she’s under at the moment could be doing in terms of pregnancy health.

I take anything the media says with a fistful of salt and I really doubt there is much truth to what they’re saying. If there’s a grain of truth in it, I think it’s probably been blown waaaay up. I hope Meghan is being shielded from it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, adidas said:

and I hate to think of what the stress she’s under at the moment could be doing in terms of pregnancy health.

This is what pisses me off with her Dad spouting off again.  It was bad enough he imploded in the weeks before the wedding and bailed.  But now, knowing his daughter is pregnant with the grandchild that this time he wants to have some involvement with, he decides to make public overtures to her via the media.   I hope her "ghosting" him means that she is indeed protected from his rantings.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 12/19/2018 at 5:05 PM, nokidsmom said:

Stress weight loss is also my vote on this.   My own gown, that fit perfectly at the last fitting, was looser on me by the time the wedding rolled around.  Definitely stress weight loss as I wasn't eating.  A little stress and I will eat.   A lot of stress and my appetite is non existent.   And we know Meghan had a lot of stress in those last weeks.  

Honestly  I just think Clare Waight Keller didn't make it well.  I suspect it was a combination of poor tailoring choices and an overambitious design.  The fabric was stiff, wrinkled easily, and didn't drape at all, making it totally unforgiving.  The arms and belly were not fitted, had visible wrinkles and puckered in spots.  The idea was elegant in theory but the execution... nope.

By contrast, her second wedding dress (the Stella McCartney) was really flattering to Meghan's svelte figure.  

• Upvote 7

• 4 weeks later...

According to this article, Meghan is about six months along and Baby Sussex is due in April:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/royals/meghan-markle-due-date-first-child-prince-harry/amp/

If that’s accurate, then she would have been anywhere between 12 and 16 weeks when Princess Eugenie got married. The article actually says she told some onlookers that her due date is in late April, which would have put her closer to the 12 or 13 week mark at the wedding and around 26 or 27 weeks now.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

29 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

According to this article, Meghan is about six months along and Baby Sussex is due in April:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/royals/meghan-markle-due-date-first-child-prince-harry/amp/

If that’s accurate, then she would have been anywhere between 12 and 16 weeks when Princess Eugenie got married. The article actually says she told some onlookers that her due date is in late April, which would have put her closer to the 12 or 13 week mark at the wedding and around 26 or 27 weeks now.

Arrrgh, late April? My birthday is mid April. For crying out loud, I just want ONE royal baby born on my birthday. Is that really too much to ask?! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

51 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Arrrgh, late April? My birthday is mid April. For crying out loud, I just want ONE royal baby born on my birthday. Is that really too much to ask?! :pb_lol:

Well, most babies are born within ten days of their due date. Depending on what day she’s actually due you could technically still have a chance. ?

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic