IGNORED

Meghan and Harry: Royal Baby

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

No it's not. Nope. The Queen is going to live to be 150.

I’m 30 and I’m absolutely convinced that the Queen and Prince Philip will both outlive me. And honestly, I’m not even mad about that. Just impressed.

On 11/15/2018 at 6:58 PM, Mama Mia said:

Yes, people are awful to them. They shouldn’t be. There is obviously an extra layer of awful- that can veer into profoundly ugly, and potentially dangerous - the Meghan faces, and her children will face, because they aren’t just white. It sucks.

I agree. It’s terrible that the York sisters have had to face a good deal of ugliness from the press, but there’s a big difference between being made fun of because of fashion choices* and being subjected to racist attacks in the press. Neither is fun and I feel for all of them, but the situations really aren’t comparable in my opinion. 

*I’m pretty sure the sisters said they cried over being made fun of for their fascinators at William’s wedding. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 10

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

No it's not. Nope. The Queen is going to live to be 150.

Girl, you are preaching to the choir. I am not ready to live in a world without Queen Elizabeth. She is genuinely my top idol. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

35 minutes ago, viii said:

Girl, you are preaching to the choir. I am not ready to live in a world without Queen Elizabeth. She is genuinely my top idol. 

Right? I can hardly fathom it. She's been Queen since my grandma was nine years old. My grandma. 

• Upvote 15

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Right? I can hardly fathom it. She's been Queen since my grandma was nine years old. My grandma. 

Okay, I already knew that I'm older than you, but now I know that my mom is 6 years older than your grandma. :pb_lol:

• Haha 12

It's a pretty ruthless move, and goes against her original statement of wanting to make amends because having a baby in the family 'softens everyone'. 

However, she keeps talking about this book, and it keeps getting delayed and delayed, mostly because I don't think she really has any credible material. They haven't had a relationship in YEARS, I'm not sure what juicy information she can release. She is also walking a very fine line when it comes to slander, and I wouldn't be surprised if the royal family did something to stop the book. 

She's become her own worst enemy, because no one finds her entertaining or credible anymore. No one is going to buy her book and have it be the thing that makes them suddenly hate Meghan. People will probably buy it for the laughs, but majority of people will find a way to get it online so they don't have to actually pay for the trash. 

I don't think the book will actually ever see the light of day. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 11/17/2018 at 8:46 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Okay, I already knew that I'm older than you, but now I know that my mom is 6 years older than your grandma. :pb_lol:

My mom was 5 years older than your mom.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On 11/19/2018 at 11:36 AM, VelociRapture said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/samantha-markles-plans-overshadow-meghan-book-release-date-095925632.html

This is such an asshole move by Samantha. You don’t do stuff like that to people you genuinely love. 

This woman and her father are shameful, abhorrent people.

What, does she think she's going to drop some giant bombshell and Harry will divorce Meghan and send her back to America penniless? 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 11/21/2018 at 4:23 PM, fundiefan said:

What, does she think she's going to drop some giant bombshell and Harry will divorce Meghan and send her back to America penniless?  

Pretty sure she thinks she's just going to make a lot of money on the book. I'm not sure it's gonna pan out of her though. (Unless she's completely delusional - which is a definite possibility - she surely can't imagine she'll be allowed to have any relationship with Meghan's kid(s)??)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Pretty sure she does not give a flying fuck about having a relationship with them or even seeing them or their mother. Basic Ratchett sister gets a little  attention and potentially money from her stunts and in her pathetic mindset that makes this behavior worth it. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering why there have been a spate of negative Meghan stories that have made it to the press lately.  The bridezilla tiara story, the aide quitting over her demanding conduct, the making Duchess Kate cry story.   

I expect she's pissed off someone within the BRF Establishment who normally would screen such stories from the press.  From what I know of MM, I suspected it was only a matter of time.  She can be - especially after that first dazzling, charming burst of interest in you - hurtfully self-involved.  

Again, my  view of her is just based on what I've heard from an old friend that hangs out with her crowd, and used to hang out with MM when she lived in Toronto.  You absolutely should take it with a grain of salt.  

• Upvote 7

I think so to. All the staff quiting some we knew was going to happen some surprised. The  arguments  are probally not as big as the media makes them but there is tension there. Maybe the moveof meghan and harry will do them some good. A little more dinstance between them all. Time will tell

Yes, there obviously seems to be some sort of friction there - there's a surprising amount of negative Meghan stories suddenly coming out, even from reputable sites like People.com who normally love on the royal family. I think moving to Windsor will be good for them, give them a little distance. Hopefully they stay put there for a bit though, otherwise it's just going to end up as another negative story against them. 

• Upvote 1

I think there are 3 likely options for the bad stories. 

1. William and his staff are behind them. They are jealous of the attention Meghan and Harry are getting, realize that their work ethic will make William and Kate look bad, and want to "put Meghan and Harry in their place". 

2. It's coming lower ranked royals, like Prince Andrew and Princess Michael and their staffs. Prince Andrew is probably pissed that Meghan's pregnancy and then the Australia/Tonga/etc. tour took attention from Prince Andrew's Princess Eugenie's wedding. And Princess Michael is just racist and hates the idea of a black women both ranking above her and being popular. 

3. It's all lies made up to sell tabloids . One tabloid decided to go negative, the others got wind of it and went along for the ride. Plus some of them already didn't like Meghan to begin with because they're racist and were just itching for anything negative. The quitting of Meghan's assistant was probably the catalyst because it's an easy to spin story and then they just let their imaginations fly. 

I don't think the stories are coming from Charles, because he's too vested in the image of being supportive of Harry and Meghan. He likes the good will his association with them brings to him - plus he actually does love and care for them. And it definitely wouldn't be the Queen, for the same reasons. Princess Anne and Prince Edward are just too uninterested to be behind it. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

@anjulibai or, the simplest answer, she just acts like an asshole and pissed off the people protecting her.  

These stories wouldnt have all come out unless someone high up was approving them.  Its not going to come from some lower royal.  And it's not all lies - unless its a bizarrely schizophrenic palace conspiracy - as the stories were coming from multiple sources and published even in mainstream pro royal publications.

I do think it's possible William is doing this.  But it seems unwise to offend the future King... unless maybe she and Harry have alternative plans for their future.

The feud story in particular I found interesting because it's the only one denied.  It took a week to deny, and was terse and nonspecific.  It's also a story apparently confirmed by two separate staffers.  So what's going on behind the scenes?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

@anjulibai or, the simplest answer, she just acts like an asshole and pissed off the people protecting her.  

These stories wouldnt have all come out unless someone high up was approving them.  Its not going to come from some lower royal.  And it's not all lies - unless its a bizarrely schizophrenic palace conspiracy - as the stories were coming from multiple sources and published even in mainstream pro royal publications.

I do think it's possible William is doing this.  But it seems unwise to offend the future King... unless maybe she and Harry have alternative plans for their future.

The feud story in particular I found interesting because it's the only one denied.  It took a week to deny, and was terse and nonspecific.  It's also a story apparently confirmed by two separate staffers.  So what's going on behind the scenes?

The Royal family has a long history of not responding to tabloid stories. The only time I really remember before this is when Harry issued a statement blasting the media for their racist coverage of Meghan when their relationship became public. So I wouldn’t put too much stock in them not denying any of the other stories. 

As for the Catherine/Meghan feud story, I’m pretty sure the media - especially tabloids - loves pitting women against one another more than most anything else. It’s entirely possible an incredibly minor thing has been blown up into a feud because that’s what the media thinks is going to sell best. That could be part of why only that specific story was addressed. 

Personally, I’m incredibly skeptical of tabloid stories that utilize unnamed sources. Anonymous sources have served very important roles throughout history, but tabloids do have a tendency to use unnamed sources to help justify whatever story they’re attempting to sell, regardless of whether a source actually exists or not. It’s absolutely possible you’re right and she pissed off the wrong people, but I’m not going to blindly trust these stories either because it’s possible they’re lies or that someone behind the scenes has an unfair grudge against Meghan for some reason (like the fact that she’s mixed race or has a decent work ethic*, as someone else mentioned.)

*I’m not a Brit, so I don’t really get the complaints about William and Catherine. William was working as a pilot when they first married and Catherine was apparently being eased into Royal duties, so that kind of makes sense for why they may not have done much early on. And now they have three young children. I know they have resources to help care for their kids that many people don’t, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing that they appear to want to take a more active parenting role, especially when there are several other Royals who can step up to help out.

But, again, I’m not British. So I’m very likely missing something big here. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 12

Older Royals like Princess Michael don’t pull shit like tattling to the press .It’s goes against the way they were raised and taught ... Keep family problems in the family and at all times maintain the veneer of Dignity and loyalty to the crown. 

William has never been shown or been said at anytime to have such jealous or malicious tendencies and besides he is going to be King anyway Why fixate like that  what the press, who he despises anyway, thinks about his SiL?

If he actually had such issues it is much more plausible he would go to his father or even His grandmother and have a discussion and let them handle it. 

Andrew does not want to piss Charles  or his mother off and make his life pretty uncomfortable as a consequence so he probably cusses them at home to Sarah.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

The Royal family has a long history of not responding to tabloid stories. The only time I really remember before this is when Harry issued a statement blasting the media for their racist coverage of Meghan when their relationship became public. So I wouldn’t put too much stock in them not denying any of the other stories. 

As for the Catherine/Meghan feud story, I’m pretty sure the media - especially tabloids - loves pitting women against one another more than most anything else. It’s entirely possible an incredibly minor thing has been blown up into a feud because that’s what the media thinks is going to sell best. That could be part of why only that specific story was addressed. 

The BRF is not above lying for PR either.   Which is why I think its more telling what they don't say or mention.  And when, too.  The story about Meghan mistreating Maria has been floating around for months.  Now it gets in the media... And sort of unspecifically denied after a loong week.  Baffling.

• Upvote 1

They have had a long period of peace and little scandal and popularity levels are very good. The future is calm and hopeful. I sincerely hope they have not let another chaotic presence into the fold. The Queen does not need this drama to deal with during the last years of her life. 

• Upvote 2

I like Meghan, I have no reason NOT to like her, but to this day I find it odd that she chose October 15 to announce her pregnancy with a ~royal baby~. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/30/2018 at 8:44 PM, acheronbeach said:

I'm wondering why there have been a spate of negative Meghan stories that have made it to the press lately.

Many of them originate or are embellished in "publications" like the Daily Mail Fail, which is a racist, right-wing news factory, produced by and for assholes. These POS publications have had it in for Meghan since Day One (because how dare a non-white woman aspire to marrying into the British RF) and have done their best to fan the flames of anything smacking of controversy or RF family discord.

On 12/3/2018 at 3:24 PM, anjulibai said:

Prince Andrew is probably pissed that Meghan's pregnancy and then the Australia/Tonga/etc. tour took attention from Prince Andrew's Princess Eugenie's wedding.

Perhaps Andrew is happy to have other people's controversies deflect attention from himself and his apparent involvement in the Jeffrey Epstein pedophile sex ring. Any negative story about Meghan, true or not, is red meat and a great way to suck all the air out of the newsroom.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:59 AM, VelociRapture said:

As for the Catherine/Meghan feud story, I’m pretty sure the media - especially tabloids - loves pitting women against one another more than most anything else.

This -- it goes along with the racist & misogynist outlook promoted by the Daily Fail and similar publications. They love to see women fighting, especially if they're professional and/or in an elevated social position. And if there isn't a real fight going on, they just make up shit by quoting "Palace insiders." :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 13

46 minutes ago, viii said:

I like Meghan, I have no reason NOT to like her, but to this day I find it odd that she chose October 15 to announce her pregnancy with a ~royal baby~. 

I think the timing was just tough to be honest. They were about to leave on a major tour where the eyes of the world would be watching her waistline very closely and there had already been rumors flying at Princess Eugenie’s wedding because of her outfit. Many women choose to wait until the first trimester is over to announce a pregnancy because they’re worried about a loss* - it’s absolutely possible that the end of her first trimester fell at that point and they (because it wasn’t just Meghan's decision you know. Harry - and very likely others - was part of the decision too) felt they had to announce due to the circumstances. I personally like that they waited until after Eugenie’s wedding was over to publicly announce. I think it would have been kind of shitty to announce prior to the wedding. 

(Her due date is in the spring, so it’s absolutely possible her first trimester ended around October 15th. If it did then she’d be due around late April. If she waited longer to announce then there could have been a legitimate reason - like not wanting to draw attention away from Eugenie and Jack before their wedding or because they had reason to be cautious about the pregnancy. I could see this being an issue if they decided to announce early, but (again) there could be mitigating factors that caused them to make that choice that they chose not to share, as is their right.)

*I pass no judgement on women and couples who do otherwise. When to announce a pregnancy is a very personal choice and some women choose to announce earlier because they feel they’ll find a lot of comfort in their loved ones following a possible loss. I’m just pointing out that many women/couples opt to wait and that could be the case for Meghan and Harry too.  

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, viii said:

Is it something about the date itself? I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with October 15th and coming up blank!

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I think the timing was just tough to be honest. They were about to leave on a major tour where the eyes of the world would be watching her waistline very closely and there had already been rumors flying at Princess Eugenie’s wedding because of her outfit. Many women choose to wait until the first trimester is over to announce a pregnancy because they’re worried about a loss* - it’s absolutely possible that the end of her first trimester fell at that point and they (because it wasn’t just Meghan's decision you know. Harry - and very likely others - was part of the decision too) felt they had to announce due to the circumstances. I personally like that they waited until after Eugenie’s wedding was over to publicly announce. I think it would have been kind of shitty to announce prior to the wedding. 

(Her due date is in the spring, so it’s absolutely possible her first trimester ended around October 15th. If it did then she’d be due around late April. If she waited longer to announce then there could have been a legitimate reason - like not wanting to draw attention away from Eugenie and Jack before their wedding or because they had reason to be cautious about the pregnancy. I could see this being an issue if they decided to announce early, but (again) there could be mitigating factors that caused them to make that choice that they chose not to share, as is their right.)

*I pass no judgement on women and couples who do otherwise. When to announce a pregnancy is a very personal choice and some women choose to announce earlier because they feel they’ll find a lot of comfort in their loved ones following a possible loss. I’m just pointing out that many women/couples opt to wait and that could be the case for Meghan and Harry too.  

I agree that it's a personal decision, and they have a lot of eyes on them, but I think for publicity, it would be a better PR move to announce October 16th. There was already speculation, and waiting a day wouldn't have done any damage. I agree that it was nice that they waited until after Jack and Eugenie's wedding, but I just think they could have waited a little longer (or worn something different for the wedding - her outfit was designed to attract attention to her mid-section). 

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Is it something about the date itself? I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with October 15th and coming up blank!

October 15th is World Pregnancy Loss Awareness Day. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic