IGNORED

Meghan and Harry: Royal Baby

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I don’t know. To Meghan American ears that may sound very uncool, old fashioned and not right for a baby boy.  

Um...who said for a boy? 

I'm betting if they do a name for his mother; it will be Diana and be a middle name. 

There were thoughts that maybe for boy #2 William and Kate would use "Spencer" as a middle name. Maybe Harry and Meghan will if they have a boy. Repeating cousins's names is not a big deal to the family. There are a lot of women/girls with Elizabeth for a middle name (Anne, Zara, Beatrice, Louise, Isla Phillips, Charlotte, Lena Tindall). 

I think William and Kate's naming has been a big middle finger to the people claiming the boys don't have a good relationship with their father. Louis Mountbatten was one of the most important people in Charles's life and his name is there twice in their boys's names. Charles is in Louis's name and their daughter is named the feminine form of Charles. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Even Diana said Charles was a very good father. If he was not you can be sure she would have used that for her advantage. 

Yes, she did. More than once. It was never a contention between them. The Diana fans who demonize him or suggest the boys should not be or are not close to him are really nasty, IMO. 

• Upvote 17

I feel Most of the overly Rabid Diana fans are butt hurt because William and Harry are happy with Camilla and the fact they have said they love her for making their father happy. This  lovely sentiment makes them angry, which is very sad IMO. I think some of them would love for 2 grown men to act like petulant  angry children and not accept her.

• Upvote 16

46 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I feel Most of the overly Rabid Diana fans are butt hurt because William and Harry are happy with Camilla and the fact they have said they love her for making their father happy. This  lovely sentiment makes them angry, which is very sad IMO. I think some of them would love for 2 grown men to act like petulant  angry children and not accept her.

Which is a special kind of nasty as it feuding with Charles for all these years would leave them with no parent in their life. How can anyone wish that for the children of someone they claim to care about? 

Nasty people. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Plus Diana herself would not have ever wished that. She loved her boys, knew they had a great dad and a loving extended family on his side at least. If their beloved Diana could move on, make peace and be civil in due time those people have no business being so angry and bitter almost 30 years later. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Honestly, I don't really know how they are happy with Camilla. I know more then a few who's father or mother had an affair. They were never okay with their father or mother marrying that person after the divorce. Two brothers I know refused to see their mother after her affair and it wasn't until her relationship ended with that guy that they would even speak to her. Their relationship is still rocky. I know a girl who had to put up with it every time she went to her father's per the custody agreement and she was there. It was really hard for her and she has troubled relationship with her father and stepmother. One boy couldn't do anything after his mother left his father for her boyfriend and he had to continue to live with them part time. As soon as he was eighteen he was out of there. So yes it does surprise me that they can be completely okay with Camilla. I've personally never seen it. I wonder how they do it or long it took them to accept her. How did they get to that point?  

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

From everything I have ever read or heard the Queen is a very forgiving and understanding person and one of the Windsor Traits is pragmatism:making the best of your situation without messy behavior and drama(Not all of them succeed obviously;) Maybe the Sons got those traits from that side. 

• Upvote 8

I'm not stuck on the Diana name at all, and my comment was partially in jest, but I see no reason why they couldn't use the name Diana if they wanted to, just because it's one of Charlotte's three names (and the last of those three). I agree it would probably be used as a middle name, if they do use it though.

I know it's not a given that the kids will be titled "Prince" or "Princess", but I have a feeling the Queen will bestow a title on the baby once it's born.  

I always hope for a Princess Aurora in the family, somewhere.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I would go with Jasmine.  Oh yes, I would.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

16 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I'm not stuck on the Diana name at all, and my comment was partially in jest, but I see no reason why they couldn't use the name Diana if they wanted to, just because it's one of Charlotte's three names (and the last of those three). I agree it would probably be used as a middle name, if they do use it though.

I know it's not a given that the kids will be titled "Prince" or "Princess", but I have a feeling the Queen will bestow a title on the baby once it's born.  

7 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I would go with Jasmine.  Oh yes, I would.

I'll never give up hope.  I never thought there would be a day when there's a Princess Leia, aka Leah, and it came when Princess Martha Louise of Norway named her second daughter Leah and specifically said it was after Princess Leia (no idea why the different spelling). 

• Upvote 8

Martha Louise is a colorful free spirit Boho Princess  that may not be in the Windsor’s  to produce this at least this generation but you never know :)

• Upvote 3

With Meghan's mother's name being Doria, and Harry's being Diana, it would be cute and fitting if they chose a name that started with D and ended with a. Such as Daniela, Danika or Delila or Delia.

• Upvote 5

51 minutes ago, keen23 said:

With Meghan's mother's name being Doria, and Harry's being Diana, it would be cute and fitting if they chose a name that started with D and ended with a. Such as Daniela, Danika or Delila or Delia.

I did wonder if Doria might be in the names, for a girl.  It would be nice.

• Upvote 2

Ann was never going to be monarch with Three brothers and all their children ahead of her so she could go could be unique  with names. And they were not going to have titles anyhow. All Her brothers used safe  Royal names for their children . Harry can’t be too trendy or kre8tive with a child who will be a Lord or Lady or Prince/ss . 

49 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Ann was never going to be monarch with Three brothers and all their children ahead of her so she could go could be unique  with names. And they were not going to have titles anyhow. All Her brothers used safe  Royal names for their children . Harry can’t be too trendy or kre8tive with a child who will be a Lord or Lady or Prince/ss . 

Like his Great Aunt Margaret before him, Harry is far enough removed that he will never be more than the son then sibling of a monarch. Her first child was born after the Queen had three children herself, just as William currently does. His name is David. a name buried in middle names on the family tree and decidedly not a regnal one. Her second child was born about a month and a half after Prince Edward and thus even farther removed behind him and her own brother and her name is Sarah. 

Echo Rainbow Sparkles won't be an option. But something traditional but not specifically royal will be. 

• Upvote 8

20 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Like his Great Aunt Margaret before him, Harry is far enough removed that he will never be more than the son then sibling of a monarch. Her first child was born after the Queen had three children herself, just as William currently does. His name is David. a name buried in middle names on the family tree and decidedly not a regnal one. Her second child was born about a month and a half after Prince Edward and thus even farther removed behind him and her own brother and her name is Sarah. 

Echo Rainbow Sparkles won't be an option. But something traditional but not specifically royal will be. 

You have me wondering if any of them ever tried convince the Queen they were going go with far out names. Like Margaret ever joked about naming her son Elvis or Mick. If anyone ever has tried to convince her they were going to pick Echo Rainbow Sparkles. 

"Mom, Dad, I'd like you to meet Prince Elvis Marley Dylan Ziggy." or "Princess Buttercup." 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 6:23 PM, tabitha2 said:

Even Diana said Charles was a very good father. If he was not you can be sure she would have used that for her advantage. 

Well, here's the thing. There were definitely moments when Charles was not a good father. For example when William had a fractured skull and Charles went off to see Tosca. When he misses his children and grand children's first birthday and second and third. When he comes to the hospital after the baby is born and stays less than 5 minutes.  Ken Wharfe gave an interview about the young 'kids years' with Charles at Highgrove and Charles' response to anything with interaction with his sons as being "Better you than me".He has always struck me as being supremely self absorbed. A man who has a private harpist and 3 full time valets and spends 3x the household budget o the Queen. It's all about Charles, as far as he is concerned. I personally would be extremely happy to be spared King Tampax.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

@omilona The "private harpist" bit sparked my curiosity. I have read extensively about the royal family including Sally Bedell Smith's excellent recent bio of Charles and never heard that he employs a "private harpist". So to google I went. 

Charles revived a position that existed through Victoria's reign called "The Official Harpist of the Prince of Wales". The harp is particularly important to Welsh musical traditions. The position could best be compared for Americans to the position of Poet Laureate of the United States. As I hope you understand, the Poet Laureate does not follow the President around writing or reciting poetry for him. Rather, the position exists to help recognize and promote poetry in the country by giving the appointed poet a national platform for that purpose. Likewise, "The Official Harpist of the Prince of Wales" is given a platform and some funding to promote the harp and Welsh music in general throughout not only Wales, but the entire UK. This is not some overindulgence on Charles's part but rather a way to promote the arts which is something he has been involved in in a variety of ways with both his money and his position. 

As for the rest, don't believe everything you hear. I also think that the only people who get to judge what kind of a parent Charles is and has been are William and Harry. They have never expressed anything negative or even hinted at it. Just the other day there was a report about an interview done because of his 70th birthday in a few days where they talked about him instilling care for the environment in them. He would take them out to pick up litter on vacations. And Diana gets all the credit for teaching them to be down to earth....

Link: https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1041065/prince-harry-charles-william-norfolk-holidays-litter-picking

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 2

No parent is perfect not Charles nor the  sainted Diana who used little William as an emotional crutch and regularly fired devoted nannies whom the boys loved.  The fact is Royal parents  and grandparents can’t be on hand 24/7 and who had not made similar jokes about their kids when they act the fool?  But  you know what? The fact is He spent many of the sons formative years out of the spotlight with them... taking them on engagements, fishing, hunting or just hiking in Scotland. 

I honestly don’t care if he has 12 harpists. Look at the good his foundations have done for thousands of underprivileged youths and adults as well as environmental projects. There has never been a harder working or prepared  PoW.  I do think he was callow, self absorbed and selfish when he was a younger man but young people often are. Age and wisdom mellow us.

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 3

Wow, is there a bucket full of hateful crazy in the world. I was looking at photos of their Tour. All sorts of loveliness.......and then.....

Did you know there are people who are convinced that she is faking the pregnancy? And it’s really a surrogate? And that they make whole videos “proving” she’s using a prosthetic baby bump? ( mostly evidenced by the outline, if you zoom in, in the bright light, of the style of her underwear. 

AND that the surrogate likely comes from one of their many sex trafficking rings? 

AND  you’d think that’s as crazy as it would get. You would be wrong. Very. Very wrong. Did you know Harry, like all the Royals, comes from a shape-shifting repitilian species(?) race(?) aliens (?) 

There are close to 20,000 people who follow this particular woman’s YouTube account. The vast majority seriously. This isn’t even satire. They seem to truly believe this stuff. AND they really, really, REALLY hate Meghan. 

In the less deranged corner of the world - 

I am predicting two girls for them

Alice Caroline Adelaide 

and 

Frances Dorothea Matilda 

• Sad 1
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Wow, is there a bucket full of hateful crazy in the world. I was looking at photos of their Tour. All sorts of loveliness.......and then.....

Did you know there are people who are convinced that she is faking the pregnancy? And it’s really a surrogate? And that they make whole videos “proving” she’s using a prosthetic baby bump? ( mostly evidenced by the outline, if you zoom in, in the bright light, of the style of her underwear. 

AND that the surrogate likely comes from one of their many sex trafficking rings? 

AND  you’d think that’s as crazy as it would get. You would be wrong. Very. Very wrong. Did you know Harry, like all the Royals, comes from a shape-shifting repitilian species(?) race(?) aliens (?) 

There are close to 20,000 people who follow this particular woman’s YouTube account. The vast majority seriously. This isn’t even satire. They seem to truly believe this stuff. AND they really, really, REALLY hate Meghan. 

In the less deranged corner of the world - 

I am predicting two girls for them

Alice Caroline Adelaide 

and 

Frances Dorothea Matilda 

Of course they hate her. She’s a talented black woman who had the audacity to fall in love with and marry a Royal. How dare she?! :pb_rollseyes:

(And I’m not saying everyone who doesn’t adore her is racist. I’m pretty convinced that people who believe the crap @Mama Miamentioned are motivated by racism in this case though.)

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic