IGNORED

Meghan and Harry: Royal Baby

Why? The older Royals and all the grandchildren have  gone Kate included  save for the Queen . As far as I can tell pretty much everyone in that set sends their sons to places like Eaton and usually the girls as well to various places as well.  That’s where they make lifelong friends and social  Connections  as well. If would be odd and isolating if everyone their peer group and Class got that experience and they did not. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 4

On 10/15/2018 at 11:10 AM, Briefly said:

William and Kate's daughter, I can not remember the adorable girls's name, has Diana as one of her middle names. But I wouldn't be surprised if Harry and Meghan use it in there somewhere.

I wondered when I saw the picture of her in the coat, and then a later picture where they were either leaving for their official visit or had already arrived there.  She was possibly getting in a car, but she was holding a bunch of folders in her hand and it looked like she was trying to cover up a possible bump.

I'm happy for them and hope that all goes well.  I'm not surprised that it's this soon after their wedding, based on their ages.  Not that I think that they are old, just general info.

But I do wonder what the next attempt at attention from her half-sister will be.

Her name is Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge. :)

As for name guesses, I’d bet any first names currently in use won’t be used as the first name - so no Charles, William, Catherine, Elizabeth, Philip, Henry, Edward, Andrew, Anne, James, Charlotte, George, etc. They might use the opposite gendered name like William and Catherine did with Louis (Lady Louise is the daughter of Prince Edward), but I don’t think they’ll use a first name currently being used by another well known royal. 

Not taking into account historical reasons for excluding names (like Richard III), here are some possible names (I think these were all used for past royals.)

Girls:

Maud, Patricia, Mathilde, Alexandra, Margaret, Helena, Alice, Agatha, Blanche, Cecily, Victoria, Augusta, Mary, Caroline, Adela, Frances, Isabella, Joan, Judith, Adelaide, Philippa, Eleanor, Amelia, and Sophia

Boys:

Alastair, Richard, John, Arthur, Christian, Victor, Hubert, Leopold, Alfred, Augustus, Ernest, Edgar, Edmund, Geoffrey, Robert, Stephen, and Frederick. 

(Some names - like Victor - were previously used as middle names for other royals.)

I also very much doubt they’ll use Diana as a first name as well. Charlotte only has Diana as one of her middle names and I have still seen a lot of (glowing and kind) comments comparing her to Diana since her birth. I don’t think it’d be fair to give a child that first name because it could be a lot of pressure to live up to her grandmother. I wouldn’t be surprised if they include a name that honors his mother though. I do think part of the name will somehow honor the Queen though - many of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren have names that partly honor the Queen somehow. 

It'll be interesting to see what they choose though. They may not feel pressured to stick with a traditional choice because this child likely won’t ever sit upon the throne. I hope whatever they choose is a name they both actually like and that everyone is healthy and happy. 

• Upvote 11

As this child will very likely never sit on the throne given that George has two siblings already, a non-conventional name is a fair bet for this somewaht non-conventional couple.

Have they indicated whether they will forgo the Prince/Princess title?  Edward is the son of a monarch and he took a pass for his kids.  Better for them all around I should think.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

As this child will very likely never sit on the throne given that George has two siblings already, a non-conventional name is a fair bet for this somewaht non-conventional couple.

Have they indicated whether they will forgo the Prince/Princess title?  Edward is the son of a monarch and he took a pass for his kids.  Better for them all around I should think.

I kind of hope, in their particular case, that they take the Prince/ Princess title for their children. I think it would be a further sign of acceptance of Meghan - an “older”, divorced, bi-racial actress and activist. That’s a positive message, imho. 

Also, I am completely fangirl gushing over the coverage of their trip. She baked banana bread to take to a tea. Was lovely to the 98 year old woman who dotes on Harry. Just magnificent - and that was all after a crazy busy weekend! 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 11

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I can't see the younger royals sending any of their kids to boarding school, but I agree that Albert would not be a good choice at all. I was dreading that William and Kate might name their last one Albert.

Just curious, what’s wrong with Albert? To my ear it falls in the same category as George or Henry? At my advanced age those are all names that are old-fashioned, but not quite old enough to be cool again ?. I know royalty has a very small range though.

After hearing the Alice story, I really like that, and I think they would like to use the name of a strong woman role model. 

Their mother’s names are very similar - Diana and Doria - so maybe a D -a name to honor both? Debora? Darla? Donna? Deidra? 

I could see Philip for a boy later on, if they have more children after his grandfather has passed, but I don’t think they’d go there now. 

David? Alexander? 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Just curious, what’s wrong with Albert? To my ear it falls in the same category as George or Henry? At my advanced age those are all names that are old-fashioned, but not quite old enough to be cool again ?. I know royalty has a very small range though.

After hearing the Alice story, I really like that, and I think they would like to use the name of a strong woman role model. 

Their mother’s names are very similar - Diana and Doria - so maybe a D -a name to honor both? Debora? Darla? Donna? Deidra? 

I could see Philip for a boy later on, if they have more children after his grandfather has passed, but I don’t think they’d go there now. 

David? Alexander? 

Prince Albert is a very... uh... special type of male piercing. People assume they’d avoid that first name to avoid any teasing in the future. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Prince Albert is a very... uh... special type of male piercing. People assume they’d avoid that first name to avoid any teasing in the future. 

Well now I learned my new thing for the day! And with my first cup of coffee too:fire-nanner:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Well now I learned my new thing for the day! And with my first cup of coffee too:fire-nanner:

I suppose by Duggar standards that this means I’m a Certified Expert in Teaching, with a speciality in Male Piercings. :pb_lol:

• Haha 15

23 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

They will never do an Albert.They  are not cruel.  This boy will most likely  to be sent to an all boys boarding school someday and that would be horrible for him.

What's wrong with Albert? It was the Queen's father's name.  I know Victoria insisted on having Albert in every male descendant's name, but it's been quite a while.

ETA, whoops, never mind, I forgot about that.  Maybe if they forego the title of prince it would be ok?

Edited by zeebaneighba
  • Upvote 6

I’ve seen Maud mentioned as a possibility- Lord Frederick Windsor has a daughter named Maud. She and George were/are schoolmates, and she was also a bridesmaid in Eugenie’s wedding. 

• Upvote 7

If the child of Harry and Meghan take the title Lord or Lady- whatevertitle it doesn't matter. They'll automatically become Prince or Princess later on as a male-line grandchild of a monarch after Charles becomes king. There will be a lot of moving around in rank within in the family.

Charles is all about streamlining the royal family. William's and to a lesser extent Harry's family will be the real Royal Family in a few years with the cousins being phased out even more so. Harry and Meghan are popular though and people are interested. Their kids might get the prince/princess title to play that up.

• Upvote 7

I'm 90% sure their children will be given Prince/Princess titles. I could be wrong, but it's a feeling I have. (I'd love to see the first biracial royal be given a high title.

I would LOVE to see a Prince Edmund return, but I hope it's a girl. 

And I agree with whoever said the cousins are being phased out, and the 'real' royal family will be William and Harry with their families. 

• Upvote 7

Off to google Prince Albert piercings... AAANNNDDD now I wish I hadn't...

• WTF 1
  • Haha 20

On 10/15/2018 at 9:35 AM, SamiKatz said:

Can I call Diana for a girl?

I would hope not. It is Princess Charlotte's third name. Giving a daughter that as a first name would make life pretty hard for that child. I would hope that Harry knows better as William did. 

This child will be born seventh in line to the throne and will drop more than climb in his or her lifetime. Peter Phillips was born fifth in line. He's now fifteenth. Due to that, I suspect that they will use more unconventional names for the royal family. They won't be tied to regnal names as Kate and William were for George or to names from the family tree as much. Princess Anne got to name her children whatever she wanted. Interestingly, the name "Zara" was a suggestion from Charles which makes me curious as to what his sons would have been named if he had been free to choose anything he liked. Princess Margaret, likewise, chose less traditional names. Her daughter is named Sarah. 

• Upvote 16

57 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I would hope not. It is Princess Charlotte's third name. Giving a daughter that as a first name would make life pretty hard for that child. I would hope that Harry knows better as William did. 

This child will be born seventh in line to the throne and will drop more than climb in his or her lifetime. Peter Phillips was born fifth in line. He's now fifteenth. Due to that, I suspect that they will use more unconventional names for the royal family. They won't be tied to regnal names as Kate and William were for George or to names from the family tree as much. Princess Anne got to name her children whatever she wanted. Interestingly, the name "Zara" was a suggestion from Charles which makes me curious as to what his sons would have been named if he had been free to choose anything he liked. Princess Margaret, likewise, chose less traditional names. Her daughter is named Sarah. 

Totally agree. I'm not sure they'll go for anything super out there like Apple or Xzayydyn, but I'm a bit surprised that the bookies are just recycling the name guesses for Kate & Will's babies (Victoria, Albert, Arthur, Alice...). They could definitely choose one of those, but I kind of doubt it. They've already shown that they're not afraid to push the envelope a little.

In the same vein of Charles suggesting 'Zara' and wondering if he would've liked to use that one himself, I've definitely wondered if William and Kate would have really liked to name their first son Louis. It's one of George's middle names, and the fact that they then gave it to their first son as a first name makes me think that they might have preferred it for George but knew that a King Louis of England would be a bit odd and probably ruffle some feathers.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Totally agree. I'm not sure they'll go for anything super out there like Apple or Xzayydyn, but I'm a bit surprised that the bookies are just recycling the name guesses for Kate & Will's babies (Victoria, Albert, Arthur, Alice...). They could definitely choose one of those, but I kind of doubt it. They've already shown that they're not afraid to push the envelope a little.

In the same vein of Charles suggesting 'Zara' and wondering if he would've liked to use that one himself, I've definitely wondered if William and Kate would have really liked to name their first son Louis. It's one of George's middle names, and the fact that they then gave it to their first son as a first name makes me think that they might have preferred it for George but knew that a King Louis of England would be a bit odd and probably ruffle some feathers.

I have a feeling that Harry and Meghan will choose more trendy names than traditional ones. Balanced with traditional middle names. But I don't think they'll be Hollywood trendy--like Apple, North, etc... Although, something tells me Meghan would be into that sort of thing (and it's not just her Hollywood days). Names like Oliver, Leo, Amelia and Ivy made the UK top ten for respective genders last year and they are not out there, but not traditionally royal. I'm thinking it will be something like that. Or names buried in the British royal family tree. Andrew was an unexpected choice made by the Queen and Phillip--buried in middle names on the British family tree and the name of Phillip's father. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I think if it's a girl, Diana will definitely be one of the middle names but as a first name- no way. As has already been pointed out, Princess Charlotte has Diana as a middle name. I think William did that on purpose so Diana can be put aside as a middle name for Harry to use if he wants too. Having Diana as a first name is too much to live up too. Already been pointed out too, but why put that kind of pressure on someone.

Also, the Earl Spencer has a daughter who is named Charlotte Diana as well, go figure. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, BlondeIdol said:

I think if it's a girl, Diana will definitely be one of the middle names but as a first name- no way. As has already been pointed out, Princess Charlotte has Diana as a middle name. I think William did that on purpose so Diana can be put aside as a middle name for Harry to use if he wants too. Having Diana as a first name is too much to live up too. Already been pointed out too, but why put that kind of pressure on someone.

Also, the Earl Spencer has a daughter who is named Charlotte Diana as well, go figure. 

For all of his posturing at Diana's funeral, I don't think that Earl Spencer is close to Diana's sons. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

16 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

For all of his posturing at Diana's funeral, I don't think that Earl Spencer is close to Diana's sons. 

I would say not. Earl Spencer always struck me as one of those men who loves attention and himself more than anything. I could be very wrong though.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I was under the impression that he wanted to be close to Diana's sons, but he also dissed the royal family, so they're keeping him at arm's length.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I was under the impression that he wanted to be close to Diana's sons, but he also dissed the royal family, so they're keeping him at arm's length.

The whole notion that the Royal Family keeps in-laws at a distance is mythology. Prince Phillip's mother lived with them in Buckingham Palace in her final years 

It was known at the time of the funeral that he had very little relationship with his nephews and never had. They do seem to have a relationship with their aunts who spent time with Diana regularly and have attended weddings and such for their cousins from their aunts. Laura Fellowes, Diana's sister Jane's daughter, is one of Charlotte's godparents. 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I would say not. Earl Spencer always struck me as one of those men who loves attention and himself more than anything. I could be very wrong though.

Him and Diana were not even on speaking terms when she died, he had a cheek to say what he did about the Royals at her funeral because at the time of her death she was on better terms with Charles than she was with him. He refused to let her stay with him for a bit, when the press were hounding her and she never forgave him. 

• Upvote 11

But he has absolutely no problem making all that  scrilla off Diana Tourism  now does he and playing the loving brother now does he?  Chump.

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic