IGNORED

Meghan and Harry: Royal Baby

They already have a Maud Windsor. She is the Daughter of Lord Frederick Windsor ,  goes to George’s school and was in Eugenie's wedding 

Richard and Alexandra are also in use but since those people are quite elderly it might not matter. Leopold is also being used in the family albeit by a very distant relative the Queens first cousins son. 

35 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

They already have a Maud Windsor. She is the Daughter of Lord Frederick Windsor ,  goes to George’s school and was in Eugenie's wedding 

Richard and Alexandra are also in use but since those people are quite elderly it might not matter. Leopold is also being used in the family albeit by a very distant relative the Queens first cousins son. 

My guess is that they won't necessarily avoid a name "in use" when it is a distant relative. I mean, really, who does that? In most families, if there is a "don't repeat" standard, it doesn't extend beyond closer extended family. 

I think the no repeats of living relatives part also comes from the fact that these people don't use last names as part of their public life. So say  William and Kate had named Louis after Prince Phillip instead, then there would have been two Prince Phillips, which is confusing. 

I think that there is no chance that they will use Phillip as a first name or Edward or James as close family members have those names. And I've seen a lot of speculation for one of those three for a boy. Same speculation for a boy before W & K's kids were born and they weren't used at all for two boys. I don't think they will use Diana or Elizabeth as a first name for a girl, either; and likely not both for one child's middle names as William and Kate beat them to that. 

William honored his father in all three children's names--Louis twice for Charles's mentor, Charlotte--a feminine form of Charles, and Charles as a middle name. It will be interesting to see if Harry does likewise if it is a boy. 

I'm betting on Alexandra or Mary for a girl (the Queen's middle names) and something less "royal" for a boy. The baby is seventh in line. Much like Anne's children and grandchildren, s/he does not require a traditional or regnal name. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Will be interesting to see when Baby Sussex is born. Speculation is that he/she is already here and it wouldn’t surprise me. If she was 16 weeks like she’s supposed to have told someone on the tour when they announced, she’d be at 43 ? weeks today. Followup reporting to the announcement said she’d had her 12-week scan, and exactly 12 weeks that day would put her at 39 weeks today. 

• Upvote 3

All I’m really hoping is that the birth goes well and mother and baby are healthy and happy. I also hope they manage to keep things private as they stated they want to as well.

Other than that I won’t guess the name because I’m terrible at that. I do think some of the names mentioned in this thread recently would be nice options though and I agree they’ll likely avoid picking a first name being used by close relatives since that’s pretty common in a lot of western families, royal or not. They might use some of the same middle names though and I don’t doubt there’ll be a name honoring the Queen in there somewhere, especially if the baby is a girl, as I believe most of the Queen’s female grandchildren and great-grandchildren (as well as some of the males) have a name meant to honor her. 

• Upvote 4

It’s Prince Louis’ birthday today (23rd) and was HRH’s on Easter Sunday (21st) - the Queen would have been so thrilled if the baby was born on her birthday imo. She seems to genuinely adore her family, especially the Grandbabies/ Great Grandbabies. 

• Upvote 3

I doubt the baby is already here. They’re private but stated they will announce when she’s in labor. Unlikely to create a lie surrounding that, not to mention the birth certificate becomes public knowledge. I think she’s due any day and will likely give birth to a baby girl (Alice Elizabeth Frances) before the week is out. 

• Upvote 8

It's beginning to feel like the babywatch for Israel Dillard... Come on, Baby Sussex, get on with it! We're curious to know the name!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

Well you know... Izzy is half Duggar so he used Duggar time as an excuse for being tardy. Duggars gonna Dug amirite?

Biatch,This baby is Royalty and who are we to Order  a Little Lord or Lady what to do?! Bow down peasant! 

• Haha 7

Harry attended an Anzac day remembrance event at Westminster Abbey this morning. He appeared to be well rested, so I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a newborn at home yet. :pb_lol:

Kate was there, too. William attended an event in Auckland.

• Upvote 9

On 4/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, VelociRapture said:

All I’m really hoping is that the birth goes well and mother and baby are healthy and happy. I also hope they manage to keep things private as they stated they want to as well.

Other than that I won’t guess the name because I’m terrible at that. I do think some of the names mentioned in this thread recently would be nice options though and I agree they’ll likely avoid picking a first name being used by close relatives since that’s pretty common in a lot of western families, royal or not. They might use some of the same middle names though and I don’t doubt there’ll be a name honoring the Queen in there somewhere, especially if the baby is a girl, as I believe most of the Queen’s female grandchildren and great-grandchildren (as well as some of the males) have a name meant to honor her. 

Named for the Queen directly: 

Princess Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise

Princess Beatrice Elizabeth Mary 

Zara Anne Elizabeth Phillips Tindall

Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor

Isla Elizabeth Phillips

Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Lena Elizabeth Tindall

Something tells me that with that many relatives bearing the name Elizabeth, Meghan will want to be different and not include it. She has not, thus far, seemed too attached to royal tradition, after all. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Phillipa would be a very nice tribute to Prince Phillip and it has a royal history as a bonus.Lady Phillipa Diana of Sussex .

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Named for the Queen directly: 

Princess Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise

Princess Beatrice Elizabeth Mary 

Zara Anne Elizabeth Phillips Tindall

Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor

Isla Elizabeth Phillips

Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Lena Elizabeth Tindall

Something tells me that with that many relatives bearing the name Elizabeth, Meghan will want to be different and not include it. She has not, thus far, seemed too attached to royal tradition, after all. 

Thanks! I started making a list the other day, but had to go nap and then forgot. ?

I could see them opting to go with one of the Queen’s middle names as a more subtle tribute. Like Prince George has the middle name of Alexander in her honor. Or maybe they’ll opt to honor Prince Philip somehow. It’ll be interesting to see what names they end up going with.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Harry attended an Anzac day remembrance event at Westminster Abbey this morning. He appeared to be well rested, so I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a newborn at home yet. :pb_lol:

Kate was there, too. William attended an event in Auckland.

Interesting that it was a ‘surprise appearance’, I wonder if he wasn’t listed as an attendee just in case he was busy at home with his labouring wife or newborn baby? And since baby hasn’t arrived he was able to attend? Plus the fact that Prince Louis’ birthday message on Instagram from them said ‘from the two of us’. I’m sure they’re still waiting for Jnr to arrive.

He and Kate looked pretty friendly - I think all this feud stuff in the media is 99.9% fiction.

I can’t remember my name predictions from earlier but I think Mary might be on the cards. Mary Diana Alexandra (or perhaps Mary diana Alice).

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Thanks! I started making a list the other day, but had to go nap and then forgot. ?

I could see them opting to go with one of the Queen’s middle names as a more subtle tribute. Like Prince George has the middle name of Alexander in her honor. Or maybe they’ll opt to honor Prince Philip somehow. It’ll be interesting to see what names they end up going with.

That's why I think Alexandra or Mary may be a possibility. Frances might be a possibility instead of Diana. And Spencer as a middle name for a boy. 

For boys, Phillip has not been ignored: 

Prince Charles Phillip Arthur George

Prince William Arthur Phillip Louis

James Alexander Phillip Theo Mountbatten-Windsor, Viscount Severn

As far as I can find, Prince Phillip does not have middle names. His parents were named Alice and Andrew--names that have appeared in the family as well--one each among he and the Queen's children. And again for Lady Louise and Peter Phillips (Peter Mark Andrew). He had four sisters: Cecilie, Margarita, Sophie and Theodora. I wonder if any of those names are a possibility??? Likely not Sophie, of course. But Cecilie might be lovely. Other than not working well with Sussex, that is. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 4/25/2019 at 5:43 PM, adidas said:

He and Kate looked pretty friendly - I think all this feud stuff in the media is 99.9% fiction.

From what I've observed, two members of the royal famiy can have different favorite colors and the magazines will print headlines that have them going to war over it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I had a dream last night that they announced the birth of a baby girl by just posting only her name on Instagram. It was Charlotte something (the middle name was some weird legal term and I can’t temember what it was but I think it started with Col-).

I woke up furious :D

In the dream they justified it by saying that baby’s cousin’s nickname is Lottie and this one will be Charlie. 

I didn’t have the guts to challenge Harry about it when he joined us for pizza after snowboarding later that day. 

Crazy. 

• Haha 13

BTW I think it’s a girl but if they have a boy I wouldn’t be surprised if Henry isn’t part of his name. 

Alfred Henry Phillip 

Oliver Henry William

Henry William Arthur (called Henry rather than Harry).

• Upvote 2

I don’t think they would name a kid Oliver though. It’s has bad connotations in the family a la Oliver Cromwell. I read somewhere Diana either in seriousness or jokingly suggested it and was promptly shut down . 

• Upvote 2

On 4/27/2019 at 6:27 PM, tabitha2 said:

I don’t think they would name a kid Oliver though. It’s has bad connotations in the family a la Oliver Cromwell. I read somewhere Diana either in seriousness or jokingly suggested it and was promptly shut down . 

Never heard Oliver, but Diana was said to have wanted John and it was promptly rejected. 

King John, Magna Carta and all...

I still think we'll get something non-traditional. Baby is already quite far down the line and will drop rapidly when his cousins grow up and have children, too. So I suspect they may not look to traditional regnal or family names, much like Princess Anne was not required to for her children. 

Perhaps but Anne’s children were never going to be officially Royal and never have to do Royal duties.  This child will Titled and if The idea that Charles wants a very small Royal family is correct they will be needed as Working Royals for many years. He or she most likely will have least a strong traditional name even if it’s not one with a Royal history. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Perhaps but Anne’s children were never going to be officially Royal and never have to do Royal duties.  This child will Titled and if The idea that Charles wants a very small Royal family is correct they will be needed as Working Royals for many years. He or she most likely will have least a strong traditional name even if it’s not one with a Royal history. 

I'm not sure Harry's children ever will be working royals. Of the Queen's eight grandchildren, only Charles's two children are full time working royals. When Charles is King, their status is the same as Beatrice and Eugenie, and they are not full time Royals. It has been said that Charles is opposed to them ever taking that on in order to streamline those being supported by the Crown. It would be mighty hypocritical of him to have the children of his second son become working royals after that.  And a smaller working group by the time their generation are adults would likely leave them out--William's three children would be the working ones, not Harry's children. Once William is King, Harry's children are essentially in a position the equivalent of Margaret's children--nieces and nephews of the monarch-- who have never even been in the limelight much at all. 

• Upvote 4

Working or Not working aside Beatrice and Eugenie got suitable regal names as Royal  Princesses and it’s stands to reason baby Sussex will too. As you say they are in roughly the same position. Or soon will.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Working or Not working aside Beatrice and Eugenie got suitable regal names as Royal  Princesses and it’s stands to reason baby Sussex will too. As you say they are in roughly the same position. Or soon will.

Margaret's children did not get regnal or traditional names. 

And "regnal" and "regal" are two different things. Any name could conceivably be deemed "regal". that's a matter of opinion. "Regnal" means names used by monarchs. George and Charlotte got regnal names. Louis did not. Beatrice and Eugenie did not. Louis's name, in fact, is not a traditional name in the British royal family. Louis Mountbatten was a relative of Phillip and descended from the Greek royal family. This baby, obviously, will be below Louis in the succession and Louis was not given a regnal or traditional name. So that will not be required of Harry and Meghan. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic