IGNORED

Jinjer 45: First a Preacher then a Seminarian

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

D10F1AFA-1ADD-4493-80A7-7B78B43B7FDE.jpeg

Because it's all about meeting JinJer, not about attending to actually support a good cause :pb_rollseyes: I get why they would use their "fame" for publicity, but still... ugh.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Most kids, in my experience, don’t like hats.

Maybe it's an Aussie thing but hats are super common on babies / kids over here. My kids wore/still wear a hat when they go outside. In winter they wore little beanies and in summer sun hats. Think either bucket hats or broad brimmed ones.  I never had a problem with them throwing them off. No hat, no going outside as toddlers but as babies as it was from the very first day they were just use to them I suppose.

2 hours ago, motelmum said:

Maybe it's an Aussie thing but hats are super common on babies / kids over here. My kids wore/still wear a hat when they go outside. In winter they wore little beanies and in summer sun hats. Think either bucket hats or broad brimmed ones.  I never had a problem with them throwing them off. No hat, no going outside as toddlers but as babies as it was from the very first day they were just use to them I suppose.

I'm in the US and I put a hat on my 8 month old 90% of the time we are outdoors- warm hat in cold weather and a sun hat in summer. I use the ones with chin straps and so far he tolerates them okay. It does come down to the individual baby though. My sister tries and tries to keep a hat on her toddler but he just rips it off right away. 

I bought a cute little sun hat for my daughter when she was a toddler.  All of a sudden she started screaming, and I couldn’t work out why,  I did work it out the second time...the hat was held on by a thin elastic strap and she flicked it on herself. #parentingfail

I'm Russian, we typically put hats on babies for the first year. I'm not actually sure why but it's unusual to see a baby without a hat outside of the home. Sun hats, knit hats, snow hats, we use them all 

So Jinger just said in a live stream on her Instagram that in Arkansas they pronounce Gala as “gay-la”. I had never heard anyone say it like that before. Is it an Arkansas thing? Or maybe a shouthern thing?

@Coconut Flan brought up the differences in the British and American pronunciations of gala.  I think that the British pronunciation may have become more common in the US in recent years to it being seen as more posh due it being the British way.

14 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So Jinger just said in a live stream on her Instagram that in Arkansas they pronounce Gala as “gay-la”. I had never heard anyone say it like that before. Is it an Arkansas thing? Or maybe a shouthern thing?

I’m in Upstate NY and most people say Gay-la here too. I think it’s just one of those words where either is an acceptable pronounciation.

I've heard it both ways.

I'm here to admit something shameful, I'm making little girl and baby headbands for a friend's three daughters out of an old light chambray dress that needs to be retired. They're 7, 4 and 1. It's for pictures, but I'm not doing bows or turbans!

Spoiler

I'll tighten the Celtic bread knot when I attach it to the headband and even it out, but here's where I'm at with the braided bit. The cat is being a bad helpmeet and they will all be washed, possibly dyed, before gifted for their photos.

20181116_191614.thumb.jpg.e120c4b1b1a136e0656a6491466a6d53.jpg

As a huge NY Red Bulls supporter and a big fan of their keeper, Luis Robles, I spend so much time wondering why the fuck he appears on Counting On. I can understand the fact that he and Jeremy have a friendship, but why be involved in this crazy train shit show? I follow Luis (and several other Red Bulls) on instagram and I don’t follow the Duggars, so I nearly choked on my water when I saw this on my own Instagram feed. 

Spoiler

B93C540C-180D-45C0-AF10-1FBA6F457D2A.thumb.png.7f501d72dff227837f5985f593a122d8.png

Get out of my state you hateful fucktard ?

I just don’t know what to make of Robles’ involvement with TLC and I have so many conflicting thoughts on one of my favorite players on my very favorite sports teams. 

@front hugs > duggs Luis is great, he's definitely a thoughtful and measured keeper who plays his box well. Since most of pro soccer players' money comes from endorsements, maybe it's a way to expand his reach? He can turn around to his sponsors and say, yes I'm awesome and I'm regularly featured on a tv show that gets x many viewers or try and get more fans for his team.

She You know when you over think things and can’t remember. If I had of read gala somwhere my brain would have registered the Aussie pronunciation. Since reading here I am wondering how we pronounce it. Does everyone in Australia pronounce it the same? 

I say gar lah/gah lah rhymes with Carla 

i have never been corrected, but then again I don’t think I have ever had the cause to hear or say it outloud... 

mum going to ask my friends tomorrow how they say it. I’m genuinely curious now. 

Maybe I say it like a bogan. Lol ya great pink galah! 

I grew up in the same place as Jinger and I'm not even sure which way I say it. I've heard it both ways and I'm pretty sure I've said it both ways at different times. TBH, that's just not a word I need to use often as I don't attend many galas. :pb_lol:

I’ve heard it both ways, with little rhyme or reason to who says “ay” and who says “ahl” but they’re my favorite part of the fall/winter social season. 

22 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

She You know when you over think things and can’t remember. If I had of read gala somwhere my brain would have registered the Aussie pronunciation. Since reading here I am wondering how we pronounce it. Does everyone in Australia pronounce it the same? 

I say gar lah/gah lah rhymes with Carla 

i have never been corrected, but then again I don’t think I have ever had the cause to hear or say it outloud... 

mum going to ask my friends tomorrow how they say it. I’m genuinely curious now. 

Maybe I say it like a bogan. Lol ya great pink galah! 

Nah, thats how I would pronounce it too (I would note its not a hard rolling r like how a number of Americans pronounce their r's).  Look at some of the Melbourne Comedy Festival Gala's that they occasionally show on tv.

I can't stop thinking about this. There are three pronunciations of "gala" for me.... gay-luh, gah-luh, and gal-luh (pronounced as in "'atta gal"). I think I've used all three.

Jinger is promoting the Duggar Girls “Happy Heart” CD in her Insta story and in an Instagram post. In the comments she’s even directing people to iTunes so they can listen to song clips before purchasing. It’s been out since August, I wonder why they’re pushing it now. Maybe for potential holiday gifts?

18 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Jinger is promoting the Duggar Girls “Happy Heart” CD in her Insta story and in an Instagram post. In the comments she’s even directing people to iTunes so they can listen to song clips before purchasing. It’s been out since August, I wonder why they’re pushing it now. Maybe for potential holiday gifts?

I'm hit and miss with the show, so correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the CD and the little girls' performing only recently become a storyline?  If so, that might be why they're choosing to promote more now instead of back in August.  

That and, as you mentioned, it's the perfect way to bless someone you hate this holiday season.  But only like sort of hate.  It's not Rodrigues Family Ministries level of loathing.  

@Georgiana The episode with the little girls recording the CD first aired on August 6. 

I listened to the samples of a few songs. It wasn’t Rod level bad, but what I heard was children quoting scripture and singing poorly auto-tuned Christian classics like Onward Christian Soldiers and This Little Light of Mine. I wouldn’t download it if they were giving it away, but in all fairness I’m not their target audience.

6 minutes ago, viii said:

Maybe due to the lack of courtships/pregnancies, they're relying on the little girls for some extra publicity. 

I also wonder if the whole Derick Dillard meltdown wasn't actually the tip of the iceberg and the adult couples are now signing their own contracts with TLC.  It seems like that would be in the best interest of, oh, just about everyone but JB and Michelle.  If the adult Duggars now sign their own contracts and deal with TLC directly, JB and M are probably throwing the younger girls forward in an attempt to keep money rolling in to their Duggar branch.  There are still A LOT of Duggarlings for JB to support without a TLC income.  And as I've mentioned in other threads, he didn't actually do so great single-handedly supporting a family of this size before...and now he has to do it at an elevated standard of living at a time when likely he's starting to eye retirement.  

Maybe due to the lack of courtships/pregnancies, they're relying on the little girls for some extra publicity. 
I feel like they are attempting a Duggar Girls 2.0 with youngest daughters and Mack.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived