IGNORED

Jinjer 45: First a Preacher then a Seminarian

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Markie said:

I wonder if Josiah and Lauren didn’t attend the wedding. There doesn’t seem to be any pictures of them at the wedding, nor were they part of the coffee club. 

I'm sure they wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to give their advice on marriage, seeing how they're obviously experts by now. ?

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/6/2018 at 2:53 AM, miss_batson said:

We finnaly get to se Kendra, Joe and Garret, even from far. 

Who is the boy betwwen Joe and Ben? ?

I guess Jessa is these one who took these photo..i really doubt Ben would be there, and she wouldnt.

Some more photos from Jinger IG:

IMG_20181106_085224_155.jpg

Who is the girl on the right in this Sistas photo? Is that Jill?

10 minutes ago, Taylurker said:

Who is the girl on the right in this Sistas photo? Is that Jill?

It's Laura - Jana's friend.

On 11/6/2018 at 8:41 AM, bal maiden said:

Maybe someone with more knowledge of photography can answer this: why do the anniversary photos of Jinger and Jeremy look so weird? To me it feels like they're super heavily edited, or something. Or like they were in front of a green screen and they added the background in afterwards! They just look... weird. 

It looks to me like it was taken from maybe an iPhone with a setting called portrait, that makes the background blurry. But I'm no photography expert. ; )

18 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

It looks to me like it was taken from maybe an iPhone with a setting called portrait, that makes the background blurry. But I'm no photography expert. ; )

There are settings on Iphone camera other than click and shoot. This I must investigate lol 

On 11/8/2018 at 5:14 AM, fluffernutter said:

If it is, someone got a rather new model. I think it came first with 8 plus or X. I really wonder how some fundies can afford all that stuff.

It makes rather god pictures (for a mobile phone). My BIL often sends us photos from our nephews, shot with this setting.

I don't understand the headgear on either of those babies... But then I never bothered with hats for either of mine unless it was really cold outside.  They are really both super-adorable children, though.  Those cheeks!

Funny - all this discussion about the hats/wraps/bonnets on this thread, and my currently displayed ad is for Jojo Siwa's ginormous hair bows.

I wonder if fundamentalist parents have jumped on the bows/bonnets/turbans trend partly because bald babies need something to "cover" them, a la 1 Corinthians, while they're waiting for those long "soft curls" (to use Gothard's lingo) to grow in. Or maybe I'm overthinking.

Mollie's cap reminds me of Eastern European caps.  Felicity's cap just looks weird to me.  (I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but that's my opinion.)

To a  Duggar girl her hair is her hobby , something to be proud of/show off and  an approved outlet spend money and time on. That Felicity is still a baldy and not like say Spurgeon with masses of thick hair she can play with may be a small disappointment to Jinger . So for now she uses baby turbans.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, BachelorToTheRapture said:

1. I can't believe how time deaf he is. 

2. I tried to watch the video, got through almost 2 minutes. If his statistic about 70-80% of people leaving the church freshman year of college is true, it's probably because they didn't truly believe for years but had to fake it due to pressure from parents or community (usually parents). Most people who I know (including myself) who lost faith during college had many doubts for years but could hardly express them due to fears of being homeless. These same people often went to church and pretended to be Christian when around their families for years until they were 100% financially independent. But, the idea that their faith has been forced on them for years and they never truly believed or were able to question what didn't make sense doesn't seem to occur to these two.

Bolding is mine - because YES. I left the church after high school because I finally COULD. 

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

I wonder if fundamentalist parents have jumped on the bows/bonnets/turbans trend partly because bald babies need something to "cover" them, a la 1 Corinthians, while they're waiting for those long "soft curls" (to use Gothard's lingo) to grow in. Or maybe I'm overthinking.

The baby hats and bows are pretty trendy overall right now, even in the secular world. 

3 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

The baby hats and bows are pretty trendy overall right now, even in the secular world. 

Yes. I don't do hats because neither of my girls would leave them on, but they both have worn bows almost daily since birth (the older one by choice now that she's older). When they pull them off, I don't put them back on that day, but they are incredibly popular. Just search handmade bow on Etsy, and you'll get THOUSANDS of results. 

Ugh how can you look at those two adorable baby girls and think to yourself "it doesn't matter how intelligent you are, how athletic you are, how many talents or creativity you have, how much you love to learn, how much you love your country, how much you love travel or other cultures, you will only be good for making babies" ? It honestly sickens me 

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

Ugh how can you look at those two adorable baby girls and think to yourself "it doesn't matter how intelligent you are, how athletic you are, how many talents or creativity you have, how much you love to learn, how much you love your country, how much you love travel or other cultures, you will only be good for making babies" ? It honestly sickens me 

THIS! So much this. It’s all I can think about when I see fundie parents with their daughters. 

#freeeveryone

It actually is cold in San Antonio at the moment, so the girls are probably bundled up for a reason.

6 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

Better than those horrible fake pigtails Josie wore!!!!!    Most kids, in my experience, don’t like hats.

44 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It actually is cold in San Antonio at the moment, so the girls are probably bundled up for a reason.

I think they were in PA for Swan for Kids last weekend so the picture may have been from there where it's cold right now. 

37 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I think they were in PA for Swan for Kids last weekend so the picture may have been from there where it's cold right now. 

The gala is on the 15th, not last weekend. But they definitely could be in PA right now  though

D10F1AFA-1ADD-4493-80A7-7B78B43B7FDE.jpeg

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived