IGNORED

Maxwell 25: Pies, Cakes, Tarts, and Tortes

Coconut Flan

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I'm not heavily Maxwell-fluent, but might he spend every waking moment praying loudly for her to submit, read Bible verses at her all day, and weep about "the sinful hardness of her heart" if she didn't immediately apologize and back down?

Does it make me an evil person that I'd be totally able to ignore that and continue to do things my way?

On 10/15/2018 at 2:58 PM, Hembie said:

To my eyes Anna Marie is clearly pregnant in the first picture. I noticed it at first in the anti-choice rally. They aren't even trying to hide it at this point so  I guessing they will have a post announcing this week.  She also looks quite pregnant in the picture with Melanie.  I'm going to even guess that she's due in the spring at the latest but maybe even February. 

It is so hard to tell with NR-Anna because of those awful dresses. I looked at the pics and at some angles I said hell yeah but in others I could not tell :(

I’m hoping NRAnna just shows very early now that she’s had 5 kids and she’s not actually due until closer to May. When will these two slow down?!

32 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m hoping NRAnna just shows very early now that she’s had 5 kids and she’s not actually due until closer to May. When will these two slow down?!

How old are she and Chris?

13 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How old are she and Chris?

Chris is 39 but Anna is only 34. So she can have quite a few more if she keeps up her average of around 18 months between kids.

Johnna says:

October 17, 2018 at 11:39 am

Oh wow! So did the Mom’s just hang out, read, relax etc. all day?
Hmm, I’m wondering how I might could bless a Momma in my area like that. Something to think about. Most young Mom’s don’t have the luxury of living near family and having the sort of repreaves that you all provide. 

Love this idea!

Teri Maxwell says:

October 17, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Yes, that’s what they did with the emphasis on time with the Lord. They took their Bibles and hymnals. Gigi has a piano at her house. She has a comfortable chair that looks out her front window. It was a whole house of quiet from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Anna Marie is still nursing Elizabeth so we took Elizabeth over at nursing time and picked her back up when she was done. I love the idea of you doing that for some young moms you know.

This must be one of us , but not me.

Of course people like to play the piano and sing for fun, but I find it odd to think of one of the helpmeets on their own in the house, banging out a hymn and wailing away. What must the non-compound immediate neighbours think?

i wonder if this not about them needing a rest, but Stevie or the headshios thinking they are skiving off having time in the lord....

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chris is 39 but Anna is only 34. So she can have quite a few more if she keeps up her average of around 18 months between kids.

She's 32, so she's easily got another decade of babes before her. She could easily get to a dozen. ?

11 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

i wonder if this not about them needing a rest, but Stevie or the headshios thinking they are skiving off having time in the lord....

Yeah, I thought as I read Teri's response, sure, they brought their bibles and hymnals but no one was there to know for sure whether they used them.

Maybe Melanie stashed a few romance novels in that suitcase.

Isn't GiGi's house right next to the Fathership? There may have been inquiring eyes peering through the windows at all times. Better not doze off on that comfy seat next to the window! 

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

She's 32, so she's easily got another decade of babes before her. She could easily get to a dozen. ?

Where the heck does the money come from?  He cannot possibly be making enough with those wedding pics to support them so comfortably.  Can he?

I know it's none of my business.

Relaxation from 9-5? Having a scheduled rest time would stress me out. The idea is nice of them, but why not say “I’ll take the kids for the day and let me know when you’ll be back?” Wait...the almighty schedule must be in place or chaos ensues...

1 hour ago, Coconutwater said:

Relaxation from 9-5? Having a scheduled rest time would stress me out. The idea is nice of them, but why not say “I’ll take the kids for the day and let me know when you’ll be back?” Wait...the almighty schedule must be in place or chaos ensues...

I would’ve told them I read my Bible all day when really I slept all day on Gigi’s couch. 

3 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Isn't GiGi's house right next to the Fathership? There may have been inquiring eyes peering through the windows at all times. Better not doze off on that comfy seat next to the window! 

Make a tent with that favorite blanket and tell Steve you were reading the Bible all day under the tent  [when you were in fact napping and eating ice cream]

“...An especially sweet part of Anna Marie’s day was the note she discovered at GiGi’s house for her from her 10-year-old niece, Abby, with Scripture verses on it. Psalm 63:1 was one of them, and when she read that verse, she spent much of the day studying and meditating on that chapter...”

That’s what I would have said. Spending all day thinking about 1 verse. Every time they braught Elizabeth over for her feeding, NR Anna was still meditating on this verse, her Bible open on the same page...

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:08 PM, SoConfused said:

Why is there a picture of Jesse unloading the car? I can’t imagine taking that photo, let alone posting it. 

I read this quick and thought it said Jesus....and I didn't even blink when I conjured up the image of a painting hanging in their house of Jesus unloading their Costco hoard.

Giving the gift of a day off is not really a gift if you dictate what they have to do with it. A normal grandmother would just say “I’m taking the kids for a day - you go and do whatever you want to with that time”. 

45 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

“I’m taking the kids for a day - you go and do whatever you want to with that time”. 

Crazy talk.  What if they went on a killing spree, had 17 affairs...or tried on a pair of pants?

Can't trust adults to be left to their own devices?

10 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Thank you. I used to have a fantastic memory. Unfortunately having kids has fried my brain like a funnel cake at the fair. But I keep forgetting that my memory sucks now. So I answer questions wrong ?

On 10/18/2018 at 9:30 AM, AllisonWndrland said:

My "day with the Lord" would have been an 8-hour nap accompanied by delicious food. 

This is a lovely idea for Anna Marie and Melanie, but yeesh, the writing makes me want to scream! I'm in the midst of writing a book, and the Maxwells are on my mind quite a bit. Editing sessions are exercises in ensuring clarity, flow, and Not Sounding Like a Maxwell.   "Oh god, does that sentence sound like something a Maxwell wrote? Mr. Allison, does this sound like a sentence Teri wrote?" My poor husband is the picture of patience.

I on the other hand need to make a fair bit of the dialogue in my opening chapters sound like things a Maxwell (or a Moody) would say.

Every time we say something to the effect of “oh she’s 32, she’s easily got another DECADE of babymaking in her,”  I throw up a little bit.

On 10/17/2018 at 11:57 AM, Black Aliss said:

OTOH, I will be "sixty-ish" until I turn 70.

I am 25.

I have been since 1996.

4 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am 25.

I have been since 1996.

I celebrated the seventh anniversary of my 29th birthday a few months back. 

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

I celebrated the seventh anniversary of my 29th birthday a few months back. 

We should do these together. And dare anyone to contradict us.

21 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Yes, that’s what they did with the emphasis on time with the Lord. They took their Bibles and hymnals. Gigi has a piano at her house. She has a comfortable chair that looks out her front window. It was a whole house of quiet from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Anna Marie is still nursing Elizabeth so we took Elizabeth over at nursing time and picked her back up when she was done. I love the idea of you doing that for some young moms you know.

There is a thing called PUMPING. You can fill a couple bottles and the babysitter/grandma/aunt can feed the baby. I know sometimes pumping doesn't work. Maybe this is the case. But I cannot understand how you can have your baby just for feedings and then someone picks it back. My babies would have cried loud! They were happy while I was working, but once they saw me they only wanted mom. Anyway, if your baby is visiting you several times, it's not exactly a disconnection of your daily chores/kids.

My idea of relaxing time is not being stucked in a house praying for hours, it sounds like a punishment. I bet Anna SLEPT  A LOT in Gigi's house.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived