IGNORED

Maxwell 25: Pies, Cakes, Tarts, and Tortes

Coconut Flan

12 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I completely missed the post on Ellie's non-happening litter.

I could have sworn Ellie was already pregnant and due in November. but perhaps:

Me too!  How could so many of us have thought Ellie was already pregnant? 

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Thank you, Sanctimonious Steve.

And all that coming from a guy whose wife prepares his damn toothbrush for him twice a day.

This is apropos of nothing at all, but I’ve been reading here for ages, and wondering how Maxhell and the description of ‘joyless’ came about. So I went to the Maxhell blog and read some of the entries from between 1999 and 2001.

?

Now I understand. Those poor children. 

10 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

And all that coming from a guy whose wife prepares his damn toothbrush for him twice a day.

I always thought that was a joke, but now I'm wondering is this a real thing they do? 

And how does he justify this scripturally?  (Is too a word, spellcheck.)

46 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

This is apropos of nothing at all, but I’ve been reading here for ages, and wondering how Maxhell and the description of ‘joyless’ came about. So I went to the Maxhell blog and read some of the entries from between 1999 and 2001.

?

Now I understand. Those poor children. 

It reminds me so much of how I grew up. I was laughing today as I tried to explain to my husband some of the esoteric and arcane religious rules my church and family had. I told him, "I knew the rules, but they're certainly complicated to explain to people!" 

Every little action in a family like this can be analyzed, judged, and determined to be sin. It's a terrible way to live. 

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Are you not scheduling a 15 minute per week appointment with her a la Duggar and Bates?

what kind of mother are you?  :) 

Oh I’m terribly shitty.  I do it all wrong.  We don’t go to church, I teach my kids about all the things people believe and why (to the best of my ability - I have a book for kids that covers lots of religions), I work outside the home and let them experience other kids and adults, support planned parenthood, practice birth control, and was immensely proud when my oldest excitedly told me a boy at school wears girl clothing and gets teased but she thinks he’s so nice and looks great in his “girl clothing”.  

(Joking aside, the fact I’ve raised a child to like someone for being a nice person and not for their beliefs or looks or what they wear... that’s what I love about being a parent. I only ever want to raise good humans for the future of this world.). 

The toothbrush thing is real.

She explained it in a talk, while discussing how important it was to do little things that make your spouse feel loved.  (I agree with that sentiment, to a point).  She said that Steve REALLY LIKED (her words) having his toothbrush prepared for him.  IMO that is such a weird, infantile thing for a grown man to want done for him.  

Tellingly, her example for herself was that she loved him buying her a big soft drink with lots of ice.  We all know those days are LONG gone.

12 hours ago, kpmom said:

Me too!  How could so many of us have thought Ellie was already pregnant? 

I think Sarah's backyard site has been edited since i last looked, although I don't have a photographic memory by any means.  I don't remember the bit about waiting for Ellie to go into heat.  I also don't remember this clarification.  :greetings-waveyellow: Hi, Steve!

What Is An English Cream Golden Retriever?

You may wonder what the difference is between an English Cream and a regular Golden Retriever. Although English Creams don’t have their own special AKC class yet, they are still Golden Retrievers, just a light golden.

The light color comes from Europe. In fact, over there, Golden Retrievers ARE light. I personally find the light color gorgeous!

Ellie’s mom was imported from Serbia. The male who will be the Sire to Ellie’s puppies is from Poland.

Some European Goldens are indeed lighter than AKC Goldens, Sarah.  The UK Kennel club has a different breed standard than the AKC.  As Crufts is still the high point in Europe, I wonder whether either the Sire or Ellie's mom shown there.  That info would count.

But there is nothing "English" about breeding a half-Serbian whitish Golden with a Polish whitish Golden.  And what nationality and color was Ellie's dad, as you seem to think it is so important.

Little Guy wants Sarah to know that he counts as a "rare" breed in the US too.  However, he lost his nutsicles before he got on the plane and emigrated to the US.  It was a condition of his rescue in Spain and I really don't think he misses them.

17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think Sarah's backyard site has been edited since i last looked, although I don't have a photographic memory by any means.  I don't remember the bit about waiting for Ellie to go into heat.  I also don't remember this clarification.  :greetings-waveyellow: Hi, Steve!

Some European Goldens are indeed lighter than AKC Goldens, Sarah.  The UK Kennel club has a different breed standard than the AKC.  As Crufts is still the high point in Europe, I wonder whether either the Sire or Ellie's mom shown there.  That info would count.

But there is nothing "English" about breeding a half-Serbian whitish Golden with a Polish whitish Golden.  And what nationality and color was Ellie's dad, as you seem to think it is so important.

Little Guy wants Sarah to know that he counts as a "rare" breed in the US too.  However, he lost his nutsicles before he got on the plane and emigrated to the US.  It was a condition of his rescue in Spain and I really don't think he misses them.

I remember the color clarification being there originally, because I remember thinking all the praising of "European" and "light colored" sounded...odd. But I agree that the site has been tweaked.

@Lisafer - no I was referring to the admission of "English Cream" not being recognised by the AKC being added.  There was also a lot more gushing about the light Goldens being "rare" that she has taken out. 

I went back to the beginning and we seem to have an exact quote thanks to @OhNoNike:

Sarah makes it sound as though Ellie has had sweet fellowship with her Polish paramour, and is already pregnant.  In April they are expecting her litter not waiting for her to go into heat.  Could be Sarah's usual bad writing - but perhaps God didn't answer Sarah's backyard breeding prayers and has closed Ellie's womb.

I'm quite worried about Ellie if she hasn't been in estrus since last year.

14 hours ago, Lisafer said:

It reminds me so much of how I grew up. I was laughing today as I tried to explain to my husband some of the esoteric and arcane religious rules my church and family had. I told him, "I knew the rules, but they're certainly complicated to explain to people!" 

Every little action in a family like this can be analyzed, judged, and determined to be sin. It's a terrible way to live. 

Really, what else does the Maxwell family have to do?  Help the homeless, the needy, the hungry?

(Surely you jest, Granwych!)

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I went back to the beginning and we seem to have an exact quote thanks to @OhNoNike:

Sarah makes it sound as though Ellie has had sweet fellowship with her Polish paramour, and is already pregnant.  In April they are expecting her litter not waiting for her to go into heat.  Could be Sarah's usual bad writing - but perhaps God didn't answer Sarah's backyard breeding prayers and has closed Ellie's womb.

I'm quite worried about Ellie if she hasn't been in estrus since last year.

I would be quite delighted for Ellie should she prove unable to breed.  Hopefully she'll be checked by a vet.

New Random Life post!

Same old same old really. 

I love the photo of Ellie licking Calia’s face!

Nathan & Melanie diligently campaigned for NRA "A" rated Barton, who was one of the what 10? NRA "A"s to be voted out. Not so ironically in such a crowd, his web site has a section for respecting life. But, of course it only refers to unborn life and the elderly (no wonder the Maxwells schlepped for him). 

Wonder how they handled their disappointment? 

I know nothing about their state reps but I have cousins in the 41st district who had a lot to say on Facebook regarding the elections, so Barton & the winnder, Pittman, are familiar names. 

My fundie cousins were not happy. 

The one in which Sarah again tries to prove she's a real author

I swear this family! "Littles" is the overused word of the day. And "crew" is used yet again!

Ugh. The Maxwells

55875454_wordsfail.jpg.134a93f1affd035ca89954192f7cf280.jpg

I'm pretty sure that book Gigi is reading to "the greats" (ugh) features TALKING ANIMALS. Didn't Stevehovah declare that a sin, or am I misremembering?

Oh, Rufus.  Another random crap post.  Some excerpts.

It’s the dawning of an exciting week for me, of a dream come true. Since I completed the Moody Series, I still carried a passion for writing kids’ books, and in just two days, I get to unveil my newest story.

Heaven help us all.

This past month has been a beautiful whirlwind. Autumn was especially pretty this year, but an early snow finished it and brought winter. The other morning, it was in the teens, which is cold for this time in Kansas!

I haven't had snow in the NE yet.  Although we had some spectacular leaves.  Perhaps god was sending you a message, Sarah. 

Like, chill!

Besides “normal” work and life, we enjoyed time outdoors, babysitting littles, Operation Christmas Child shoebox prep, projects, and for Mary, Anna, and me, finishing out my book.

Get real jobs, Anna and Mary,  or get paid for babysitting and helping Sarah out with her "book."  OCC (you are misguided) I will deal with later.

Today being Veteran’s Day observed, I’m grateful for those who have served and protected our freedom!

Although no-one in Sarah's generation has joined the military.

Chelsy’s mom and younger siblings visited,
and Chelsy invited all the ladies and littles
over for fresh donuts and fellowship.

Chels is a trouper.  I expect she needed the support of her family to deal with the lot of you Maxwerlls.

Shopping for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. Stocking up on candy (not for shoeboxes) but for the girls’ Bible club

Well, thank goodness the girls have finally got the message that expired candy is verboten in shoeboxes.  We have had this out with them before - and OCC has had it as a rule for years.  But, by all means rot the girls' Bible club's teeth out in Kansas.

Here Tina gave her presentation and used Betsy
as an example.

Poor Betsy.  Did she know she was an example.

Rolling up washcloths, putting hair ties
on them, and stuffing in a water bottle for OCC.

Because it is really important to give a child in a developing country (probably without a safe water supply) a plastic bottle and a hair tie or two.

Please, it is far more important to provide safe drinking water than it is to send hair ties and plastic.  Spend your pennies on wells for communities instead of toys for children who you hope to convert via useless trinkets and OCC.

“But if we hope for that we see not, then
do we with patience wait for it.”
Romans 8:25

I hope for that I see not and I am running out of patience waiting for it:

That would be a Maxwell making a real break for freedom.  It is the same every year.  And they will never admit that they (or Steve) are truly fucked up.

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I swear this family! "Littles" is the overused word of the day. And "crew" is used yet again!

Ugh. The Maxwells

55875454_wordsfail.jpg.134a93f1affd035ca89954192f7cf280.jpg

Here's an idea for a Sarah Maxwell book:  A picture of her on the cover, with the title I Fail Words (and plot, theme, settings, and characters)

4 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Here's an idea for a Sarah Maxwell book:  A picture of her on the cover, with the title I Fail Words (and plot, theme, settings, and characters)

I tried clicking on that, hoping for a link to a book mock up haha

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Tbf she is.  She may not be good by my standards, but earns money by writing books.

I will admit I'm bitter that there is a market for her work and she can make a living writing what she does, but there is a market for her work but no matter what I think of it she is a real author.

16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Tbf she is.  She may not be good by my standards, but earns money by writing books.

I will admit I'm bitter that there is a market for her work and she can make a living writing what she does, but there is a market for her work but no matter what I think of it she is a real author.

I dunno if it’s really counted as making a living?  We don’t know how much she actually sells or makes. She lives at home and doesn’t have many expenses from what I can tell.  I know she sells boobs but who knows how much she makes. 

4 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I know she sells boobs but who knows how much she makes. 

wait, does Stevie know about this?????   

2 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I dunno if it’s really counted as making a living?

That's true - I have no idea what kind of money they bring in, she's still a professional author since she sells books, though.  So are Steve and Teri ... for a family of professional writers you'd think someone would know how to actually write well.

Ignore me - I went into tech because it was a safer way of making a living and I'm regretting a whole lot of life choices lately ... but when I find myself jealous of Maxwells I need to adjust my thinking!

She has sold books to humpers.  When they had Max conferences.  One wonders whether she can still sell books (to an ever-dwindling number of humpers) without the conferences.

And even at the height of Maxwell fame, one still wonders how may of those godawful books she sold.  Perhaps not enough to make a living.  

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived