IGNORED

Maxwell 25: Pies, Cakes, Tarts, and Tortes

Coconut Flan

Why didn't they give the "littles" some bells to shake whilst encouraging them to yell "Shame!" at the "exercise folks" passing by? That would have been so much more interactive.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is "creative" about writing Jeebus messages on the sidewalk? They didn't even use a fancy font or add hearts as dots on the I's.

If I saw something like that, I'd want to add a message of my own. Like: HAIL SATAN. And then below that: COTTON SHEETS SUCK.

This may have already been mentioned but sidewalk chalk ministries outside abortion clinics are extremely popular amongst the fundies. That’s because fundies drag their children to abortion protests outside clinics on a regular basis and the kids have nothing to do. So they bring chalk and the children write messages to anyone going into the clinic. It’s gross but not surprising. 

So I feel like the sidewalk chalk is pretty harmless compared to the abortion rallies.  It’s not gonna scar the kids and they could draw and feel like they’re doing something useless. 

Which brings me to the point - it’s useless.  I guess it makes them feel better, but sidewalk chalk isn’t going to suddenly make me believe in God.  I’d see it and laugh actually. 

They’re so weird about stuff, I bet they didn’t publish it until now so either 1) no one would deface it or 2) people couldn’t easily find where they live.  Not saying either is really justified.  Just reasoning why it’s so late because they are weird people. 

23 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

So I feel like the sidewalk chalk is pretty harmless compared to the abortion rallies.  It’s not gonna scar the kids and they could draw and feel like they’re doing something useless. 

Which brings me to the point - it’s useless.  I guess it makes them feel better, but sidewalk chalk isn’t going to suddenly make me believe in God.  I’d see it and laugh actually. 

They’re so weird about stuff, I bet they didn’t publish it until now so either 1) no one would deface it or 2) people couldn’t easily find where they live.  Not saying either is really justified.  Just reasoning why it’s so late because they are weird people. 

I always hope it rains right after fundies chalk up the sidewalks at abortion clinics. I imagine some abortion clinics might hose down the sidewalks in the evenings. I would. 

2 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Why didn't they give the "littles" some bells to shake whilst encouraging them to yell "Shame!" at the "exercise folks" passing by? That would have been so much more interactive.

And the kids riding their bikes to school! Shame and Repent!

Possible Maxwell Unpopular Opinion Post:

I just checked Christopher's photography page for the first time in forever.  He did a huge Mennonite wedding this past spring and I gotta admit...IMO...he has noticeably improved.  I think some of the photos are really lovely.

And holy headcoverings batman, I LOVE THAT WEDDING.  I'm not being snarky...it just made me grin from ear to ear, from the adorable kids riding down the aisle in a mini-tractor to the hot pink lace veils to match the bridesmaids' dresses.  It's a pull-out-all-the-stops Mennonite extravaganza and I LOVE IT. ❤️

Carry on. :D

25 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

And holy headcoverings batman, I LOVE THAT WEDDING.

Well, bless my little cotton socks, so do I.  You mean Matthew and Dawnette's wedding, obviously.  A very nice wedding indeed.

And the photos are much better.  I only saw one shot with an ominous sky looming over the couple.  And no vertiginous angles.  https://christophermaxwell.com/photos/matthew-and-dawnette-ohio/

Perhaps they saw Josiah and Sarah's photos and told Chris to avoid photos of parking lots, electricity lines, empty seats in the church, the bride looking as though she were about to puke, and (always a favorite) that patented by Chris shot straight up the nostrils of the bride and groom.

Does anyone see any Bonts in those photos?

They are quite a cute couple. 

I know this couple is likely married, however this is rather racy for a Maxwell photo ?

A64AAC4C-6356-4B69-B10E-DCADDFDD43BA.jpeg

@JermajestyDuggar, I thought that too as soon as I saw it. I figured they must be married; Chris is so uptight that he has his list of rules to screen out heathen clients, so I can’t imagine he’d approve, much less photograph, such a pose from single people. They’re a cute couple. 

36 minutes ago, catlady said:

@JermajestyDuggar, I thought that too as soon as I saw it. I figured they must be married; Chris is so uptight that he has his list of rules to screen out heathen clients, so I can’t imagine he’d approve, much less photograph, such a pose from single people. They’re a cute couple. 

They are a very cute couple, but did anyone else think Mr Tumnus got married?  Just me then.

I don't think Chris would have any problem at all with that picture so long as the couple were married.  Fundie husbands (including the Maxwells) seem to grope their wives in public rather frequently.  

17 hours ago, anniebgood said:

I never pass the chance to jump on one if I see it. Brings me back to childhood just for a minute. 

Because....that would be FUN.

15 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Colorado has elected the first openly gay governor in the US. 

Think this will make Steve rethink the yearly family trips? 

Definitely!

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

They are a very cute couple, but did anyone else think Mr Tumnus got married?  Just me then.

Nope, you're not the only one but I sometimes wonder if the sewing machine is too heavy to take when I see Mrs Patmore on Downton Abbey. ( Lesley Nicol was both Mrs Beaver and Mrs Patmore)

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I just checked Christopher's photography page for the first time in forever.  He did a huge Mennonite wedding this past spring and I gotta admit...IMO...he has noticeably improved.  I think some of the photos are really lovely.

And holy headcoverings batman, I LOVE THAT WEDDING.  I'm not being snarky...it just made me grin from ear to ear, from the adorable kids riding down the aisle in a mini-tractor to the hot pink lace veils to match the bridesmaids' dresses.  It's a pull-out-all-the-stops Mennonite extravaganza and I LOVE IT. ❤️

Carry on. :D

To paraphrase Chandler Bing:

Could those bridesmaid dresses BE any more pink?? 

And I know it’s been mentioned on here before, but OF COURSE every album starts off with a photo of the church. Cuz that’s the most important thing. :pb_rollseyes:

9 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I read this as shaking bells to "exorcise" folks as they walked by.  Like just a lovely day at the park driving demons out of passerby.

I just read a blurb from a reader of Sarah's latest literary offering--(paraphrasing here)  "another super book by Miss Maxwell-after each chapter l was left hanging!"   

This reader was a young teen (a boy!)  I'm pretty sure that he meant "anticipating the next one!"  

12 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

To paraphrase Chandler Bing:

Could those bridesmaid dresses BE any more pink?? 

And I know it’s been mentioned on here before, but OF COURSE every album starts off with a photo of the church. Cuz that’s the most important thing. :pb_rollseyes:

Pink is my favorite color by far.  Because I unfortunately do not live in Barbie's dream house I have to guard against overdoing the color irl...but WOW.

Granted fuscia isn't really my thing except as an occasional accent color but I admire the boldness that took.

That is a "this makes me happy and IDGAF" color and I applaud that.

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Pink is my favorite color by far.  Because I unfortunately do not live in Barbie's dream house I have to guard against overdoing the color irl...but WOW.

Granted fuscia isn't really my thing except as an occasional accent color but I admire the boldness that took.

That is a "this makes me happy and IDGAF" color and I applaud that.

Yes I love pink too although usually not this bright. But I imagine that the bright pink was chosen by the bride and if that's the case, then I am happy that she got what she wanted on her wedding day. It might be the only day that she does. Really all brides should get what they want on their wedding day whether they are fundie or not.

I don’t mind the pink at all, it’s just very bright! It’s the same shade Alyssa Bates had at her wedding. If the bride wanted it, I’m all for it.

It would clash terribly with my red hair though *cry*

8 minutes ago, Baxter said:

Really all brides should get what they want on their wedding day whether they are fundie or not.

Within reason.  My daughter is in the "season of life" where many friends are getting married and the amount of money some people expect their bridesmaids to contribute to their happiness is freaking ridiculous.

Bridezillas are a thing, although I'm guessing maybe less in the Mennonite community?  

What shocks me is that he's so in demand he is hired from out of state couples.  I agree he's gotten better and at least this time there is no pic of the wedding johnny-mop (was that Joseph's wedding?) but he's not "oh my gosh hes so talented lets fly him in from out of state" good.

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

<snip>

What shocks me is that he's so in demand he is hired from out of state couples.  I agree he's gotten better and at least this time there is no pic of the wedding johnny-mop (was that Joseph's wedding?) but he's not "oh my gosh hes so talented lets fly him in from out of state" good.

I don’t think it’s so much to do with his ability, more to do with whatever meets his standards. 

6 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

OMG those photos.  Sorry, he's improved, but I still say he's not very good.  Some are lovely, but some are so weird.  

The groomsmen and groom posing on the stairs look like they're about to burst into the "No More Dames," musical number from Hail Caesar.  The way he weirdly zooms in on faces make them look like Gollum.  So many pictures of the backs of peoples' heads.

That said, the wedding itself looks like a lot of fun.

And Chris's photography website is still really LOLworthy.  Oh, man, some of those photos are terrible!!!

(FYI, for those that haven't seen, No More Dames is an extremely gay musical dance scene, led by a smokin' hot Channing Tatum)

Yes I agree there are a lot of bridezillas out there and obviously it is within reason. I actually think it's unfair to make your bridesmaids pay for a dress that they will only wear once. For my wedding, we paid for the bridesmaid dresses. They were long so my bridesmaids could pick their own shoes (within reason obviously). I only had two bridesmaids and a flower girl. One wore some shoes that she already had and the other bought something new that she liked, easy peasy.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived