IGNORED

Lori Alexander 56: Lori Wants Others to Outbreed Islam for Her

2 hours ago, Liza said:

1304269005_godprovides.JPG.dcb2815dffdcccbbefccd5eff8d80036.JPG

OMG!  Does she really believe this???  If she does, then why are there starving children?  Why is there homelessness?  Poverty?   Let me guess:  if any of those things happen to you, it is because you are "ungodly".   Will someone please define what "godly" is?  Because I dont see any fruit in Lori.  

Exactly! I live in a heavily Christian state with a 22% child poverty rate. I guess SNAP benefits, food pantries, free school lunches, and shelter meals count as  “God providing”?

And good luck affording $14 butter on SNAP benefits. :my_dodgy:

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I can think of no bigger "wimp" on the planet than Ken Alexander.  One day in the military would have wiped his silver-spooned butt out.

I would LOVE to see a scene of Full Metal Jacket happen with Ken. Especially the opening scene. Ken would NEVER survive basic.

This concept that God provides IF women are "obedient" to "God's perfect ways" is ridden with problems.

Yes, I believe God provides.  It is one of His Names. It is Who He is.

That being said, we are no longer under the Old Covenant (which Lori constantly reminds us).  Interestingly, the Old Covenant illustrated that God's blessings came IF we acted upon a certain command.  (See Deut. 28).  Outside of obedience, there was the possibility of curses.  This was the way the world worked before Jesus Christ came and ushered in the NEW Covenant.

Because Lori says she believes in the New, but still acts and talks like she is under the Old, we have statements coming from her about being "obedient" to God by having as many children as possible, IN ORDER THAT God will bless you.  We have statements saying, "IF you go home from work and obey God by keeping your home, THEN He will bless you".  This is ENTIRELY the wrong approach for a New Covenant, Spirit-led believer in Jesus Christ.

The New Covenant believer is a son of God, led by the Spirit of God.  This new creation person is not subject to Deut. 28.  and the "IF/THEN" covenant.  The New Covenant son of God is to discern by the Spirit of God what is right for them, not according to a list of do's and don'ts, but by the freedom in Christ to choose according to the will of God.   So, if a couple of New Covenant believers choose to have a child every five years, stopping at three children, this is their freedom in Christ!  Perhaps God has called this specific family to travel the world, preaching the Gospel with their family, and they are obeying His call and stop having children at three so that they can travel and obey Him.  Or, perhaps the woman is exhausted after having three under three, and needs a physical and emotional refreshing, so the husband and wife decide together to stop having children, at least for awhile.  All of these things are obedient to God; no one is being "disobedient" to God and His "perfect ways" by being led of the Spirit for their OWN FAMILY.

Also, in the New Covenant, if one family had a need, the other families PROVIDED from their own storehouses of blessing. See Acts 2:44 and 4:32, among many other places in the NT.  So, if there was a family with many children and little food, it was no big deal as everyone was sharing everything.  Now, I have been to many, many churches in my day, and NEVER yet have I found one face to face where everyone is sharing everything communally!  I have been to churches where they have diaper banks, and they have food pantries, and they have emergency (one-time) funds for overdue rent or electric/heat, but NEVER one where they indefinitely support widows and orphans, much less women and children whose husband just doesn't earn enough!

Online, I belong to a wonderful church.  I have had members send me money numerous times.  God has provided...it is true...AND HE USES OTHER PEOPLE.  So, if we are going to tell people that God PROVIDES, WE ARE GOING TO PUT OUR SKIN IN THE GAME AND ALLOW HIM TO PROVIDE T-H-R-O-U-G-H US, because that is HOW He provides.  He doesn't rain pennies from heaven - He uses OTHER PEOPLE.

I believed this crap about having as many children as possible, etc.  Then I got really BITTER when I had four little kids back to back and a husband who couldn't work anymore and "The Church" wouldn't take care of us, like I was told they would.  This is not good teaching.  Should all churches be this way?  Giving and supporting the widow and the orphan?  Yes!  Without condition, yes!  But it is not this way in the vast majority of places.  So we should not preach to just "go to the church" because "God will provide" - many times, that means the church tells a woman to "Go to the Welfare office" because the Church just isn't working in a New Testament style on the earth at this time in most places.

And His provision has nothing to do with a woman's obedience to having as many children as possible in her lifetime, nor does it have anything to do with her staying home.  IT has to do with HIS GOODNESS - what kind of Father doesn't care for His children?  He uses HIS OTHER CHILDREN to do this!   The chat room could use a food pantry. Maybe it's time for Lori and Ken to start a real full-time ministry.

I guess I must have done something wrong since we were only able to have one child.  I guess my brother, who is the coolest person I've ever known and also a Navy veteran, only has one living child.  He and his first wife had a couple of miscarriages but I'm not sure on the exact number.

I'm pretty sure that neither one of us did anything wrong that prevented us from adding more monkeys to the (family) tree.  (Monkey is a family nickname for specific children because they climb and were typical crazy 2-year olds).

I agree that Ken would not be able to handle military service.  He would probably wash out on the first day or so of basic training.

I've come to the conclusion that God will provide...IF you do your part. 

This time 3 years ago, hubs was in a homeless shelter and I was doing a combination of couch surfing and living in an SUV. It took a whole lot of work, tears, work, prayer, work, to get to where we are today. Sitting on our asses and waiting for God to dump the job, apartment, new car in our laps would NOT happen. We've worked our asses off. Opportunities were provided and we were smart enough to take them. 

30 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I guess I must have done something wrong since we were only able to have one child.  I guess my brother, who is the coolest person I've ever known and also a Navy veteran, only has one living child.  He and his first wife had a couple of miscarriages but I'm not sure on the exact number.

I'm pretty sure that neither one of us did anything wrong that prevented us from adding more monkeys to the (family) tree.  (Monkey is a family nickname for specific children because they climb and were typical crazy 2-year olds).

I agree that Ken would not be able to handle military service.  He would probably wash out on the first day or so of basic training.

I agree. My husband doesn't talk about his faith (Christian tradition) but it's deep and shines out of his eyes. When I first met him, I noticed his sense of absolute peace. I know now it's because he knows with Whom he Walks every day of his life. Under Lori's logic, it's my fault that because my faith is not as strong, I've had five miscarriages and we don't have children.

Scientifically, I know it's likely because of my auto-immune issues, but then again, in Lori's eyes, that's also because I don't have enough faith.

My husband is a 29-year, honorably retired veteran of the Army. He served his time in hell with 15 months in Kuwait and Iraq. Ken couldn't handle that nor could he (or would he) handle having a chronically ill wife in the way my husband has.

Well, at least Lori's honest about embracing the MRA:

Talk to the manosphere and you will discover this same rage against women because of the evils women have done to husbands by leaving them hurt and broken all in the name of their own selfish freedoms and new found virtue called feminism where a woman’s power to choose trumps common goodness and faithfulness to family.

Are Ken and Lori talking with the manosphere? 

16 minutes ago, sixcatatty said:

Ken couldn't handle that nor could he (or would he) handle having a chronically ill wife in the way my husband has.

Ken or Lori couldn't handle 1% of the shit we've been through. Fuck 'em both

Can't believe they finally came out and said them manosphere word. Also surprised no one has asked them what that is.  We are truly seeing where their loyalties are.

@AlwaysDiscerning, Yes, it is ALL being exposed for what it is, and always has been: hatred and disdain for women.  These people have followed the manosphere (Dalrock, SSM and her old blog, Roosh, et al) for years.  In my opinion it has poisoned their minds.  

Here they have over 80K followers in their online church, and they have an opportunity to preach the Gospel and win souls to Christ. Instead, they co-author a blog post about feminism, and pit man and woman against one another in some kind of twisted, adversarial blather about how superior men are and always have been!

May ALL of the 80K who follow this garbage see the light immediately and vote with their attendance by leaving this blogroll.

Considering that most of the chat room follows and/or has learned from Gothard, they probably don't care if she is writing about the manosphere.  They have been taught by men that they (as women) don't have any discernment on their own, are completely easily deceived, and must be taught everything by their own husbands at home.  They ask their husbands before they PRAY, for the love of all things holy!

Sadly, because these women have believed these things, this is exactly what they have received for themselves: they have lacked discernment, or they would've left Lori's chat room and blog roll long ago; they have been deceived or they would have read the Bible for themselves, tested what LoriKen have preached, and rejected it.  They would have prayed on their OWN, having formed their OWN relationship with God through Christ via the Holy Spirit, and God would have showed them the truth.

May their eyes be opened.  Immediately.  

1 minute ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Considering that most of the chat room follows and/or has learned from Gothard... 

At first glance I read that as 'learned from Gilead,' but there's really not much difference, is there?  Ken would love playing the role of Fred Waterford if he could, although he would probably rank lower than Nick, he's just not intelligent enough for the upper levels.  The only problem Serena Lori might have would be inability to reach her target victims audience online, but she would find a way to proclaim to one and all that women MUST obey, whether she does or not.   

Speaking of creepy Ken, have any of you seen the (what he probably thinks are) “playful” comments he has left on the last two of DIL Emily’s public posts?   So creepy! 

In other Lori news, apparently young women won't get horny if they aren't exposed to "sexual books, movies, and pictures." Alright, then. Wut. 

18 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

In other Lori news, apparently young women won't get horny if they aren't exposed to "sexual books, movies, and pictures." Alright, then. Wut. 

LOLOL HAHAHA...Lori truly doesn't know shit. What about us old women Lori? Believe it or not, we get horny too! Some of us actually have husbands that we desire for more than 10 minutes, and we actually pleasure each other. Heaven forbid!

27 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

bwahahahahahaha....

1 hour ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Yes, it is ALL being exposed for what it is, and always has been: hatred and disdain for women.  

Lori claims that she and Ken wrote this post together. They use the phrase "rage against women". Rage is violent, uncontrollable anger. They're promoting violence against women as a means of control and this response is acceptable because women who choose their own path are "evil". Add this to previous comments made by both Lori and Ken about spanking, tickling, bear hugging your wife till her "tantrum" passes, and removing privleges for errant behavior, and it starts to sound more like non-consensual bdsm rather than Christianity.

They have their heads so far up their own asses that I don't think they fully grasp how far they are moving away from their god.

31 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Add this to previous comments made by both Lori and Ken about spanking, tickling, bear hugging your wife till her "tantrum" passes, and removing privleges for errant behavior, and it starts to sound more like non-consensual bdsm rather than Christianity

Nailed it.

This is the very spirit behind it all: control.

Insecure, religious men are so afraid that a woman could possibly LIVE AND BREATHE apart from them, that they fear. And because of their fear, they seek to control.

Contrary to what Ken and Lori believe, a spouse is free to choose how they are going to behave.  The other spouse has a choice, too, in how they respond.  There is not one set of responses for men (bear hugging aka restraining someone against their will; removing privileges aka disciplining an adult woman as if she were a child; spanking a grown woman; tickling aka tormenting an adult woman) and yet another response for women (go to the prayer closet and the trusted Godly older woman mentor to help you be more "submissive" so he will change).  

The longer I am out of strict fundamentalist complementarianism, the more clear it is to me that this entire belief system is fucked up beyond all recognition.

8 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

There is not one set of responses for men (bear hugging aka restraining someone against their will; removing privileges aka disciplining an adult woman as if she were a child; spanking a grown woman; tickling aka tormenting an adult woman)

Fortunately or unfortunately my husband hasn't the balls to try any of that shit on me. I said something to him about this crap once and his response was something to the effect of "I don't have a death wish". 

These "men" are, in reality, insecure children who have no idea how to deal with someone who tells them "no". Especially if that someone happens to have boobs 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

LMAO I was fundie raised as pure as the driven snow but I was a terribly horny young woman. :D

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Fortunately or unfortunately my husband hasn't the balls to try any of that shit on me. I said something to him about this crap once and his response was something to the effect of "I don't have a death wish". 

These "men" are, in reality, insecure children who have no idea how to deal with someone who tells them "no". Especially if that someone happens to have boobs 

Even during our brief foray into fundamentalism, that was the last thing I would have expected from Mr. Briefly!  The idea that some women think that is how mean should act, be emotionally and physically controlling is just horrifying.  And of course the idea that men think they should act that way is just as bad.  Mr. Briefly doesn't have a death wish either.

12 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

This concept that God provides IF women are "obedient" to "God's perfect ways" is ridden with problems.

Yes, I believe God provides.  It is one of His Names. It is Who He is.

That being said, we are no longer under the Old Covenant (which Lori constantly reminds us).  Interestingly, the Old Covenant illustrated that God's blessings came IF we acted upon a certain command.  (See Deut. 28).  Outside of obedience, there was the possibility of curses.  This was the way the world worked before Jesus Christ came and ushered in the NEW Covenant.

Because Lori says she believes in the New, but still acts and talks like she is under the Old, we have statements coming from her about being "obedient" to God by having as many children as possible, IN ORDER THAT God will bless you.  We have statements saying, "IF you go home from work and obey God by keeping your home, THEN He will bless you".  This is ENTIRELY the wrong approach for a New Covenant, Spirit-led believer in Jesus Christ.

The New Covenant believer is a son of God, led by the Spirit of God.  This new creation person is not subject to Deut. 28.  and the "IF/THEN" covenant.  The New Covenant son of God is to discern by the Spirit of God what is right for them, not according to a list of do's and don'ts, but by the freedom in Christ to choose according to the will of God.   So, if a couple of New Covenant believers choose to have a child every five years, stopping at three children, this is their freedom in Christ!  Perhaps God has called this specific family to travel the world, preaching the Gospel with their family, and they are obeying His call and stop having children at three so that they can travel and obey Him.  Or, perhaps the woman is exhausted after having three under three, and needs a physical and emotional refreshing, so the husband and wife decide together to stop having children, at least for awhile.  All of these things are obedient to God; no one is being "disobedient" to God and His "perfect ways" by being led of the Spirit for their OWN FAMILY.

Also, in the New Covenant, if one family had a need, the other families PROVIDED from their own storehouses of blessing. See Acts 2:44 and 4:32, among many other places in the NT.  So, if there was a family with many children and little food, it was no big deal as everyone was sharing everything.  Now, I have been to many, many churches in my day, and NEVER yet have I found one face to face where everyone is sharing everything communally!  I have been to churches where they have diaper banks, and they have food pantries, and they have emergency (one-time) funds for overdue rent or electric/heat, but NEVER one where they indefinitely support widows and orphans, much less women and children whose husband just doesn't earn enough!

Online, I belong to a wonderful church.  I have had members send me money numerous times.  God has provided...it is true...AND HE USES OTHER PEOPLE.  So, if we are going to tell people that God PROVIDES, WE ARE GOING TO PUT OUR SKIN IN THE GAME AND ALLOW HIM TO PROVIDE T-H-R-O-U-G-H US, because that is HOW He provides.  He doesn't rain pennies from heaven - He uses OTHER PEOPLE.

I believed this crap about having as many children as possible, etc.  Then I got really BITTER when I had four little kids back to back and a husband who couldn't work anymore and "The Church" wouldn't take care of us, like I was told they would.  This is not good teaching.  Should all churches be this way?  Giving and supporting the widow and the orphan?  Yes!  Without condition, yes!  But it is not this way in the vast majority of places.  So we should not preach to just "go to the church" because "God will provide" - many times, that means the church tells a woman to "Go to the Welfare office" because the Church just isn't working in a New Testament style on the earth at this time in most places.

And His provision has nothing to do with a woman's obedience to having as many children as possible in her lifetime, nor does it have anything to do with her staying home.  IT has to do with HIS GOODNESS - what kind of Father doesn't care for His children?  He uses HIS OTHER CHILDREN to do this!   The chat room could use a food pantry. Maybe it's time for Lori and Ken to start a real full-time ministry.

Thank you for this. I wish that some of the vulnerable fangirls could read your words and maybe start thinking about things differently. 

Regarding churches supporting families, there is a lack of financial resources for many of them. People have to regularly tithe or provide other resources and many don’t. I think our church does a good job of helping, but also tries to reserve resources for those who have nothing and need help getting on their feet. 

Ah Vlad, telling women their perfectly sensible comment doesn't make sense and then proceeding to make a comment that doesn't make sense. Penis envy? Really? I'm definitely not jealous of those things, they're sooo sensitive to everything. 

And Lori that's not how sexuality works. Masturbation for example often starts before kids know what sex is. You can't say girls have absolute control of their lust and then turn around and say that boys don't. 

17 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

onsidering that most of the chat room follows and/or has learned from Gothard, they probably don't care if she is writing about the manosphere.  They have been taught by men that they (as women) don't have any discernment on their own, are completely easily deceived, and must be taught everything by their own husbands at home.  They ask their husbands before they PRAY, for the love of all things holy!

Sadly, because these women have believed these things, this is exactly what they have received for themselves: they have lacked discernment, or they would've left Lori's chat room and blog roll long ago; they have been deceived or they would have read the Bible for themselves, tested what LoriKen have preached, and rejected it.  They would have prayed on their OWN, having formed their OWN relationship with God through Christ via the Holy Spirit, and God would have showed them the truth.

May their eyes be opened.  Immediately.  

@ladyicantxplain  thanks for pointing out that these people follow Gothard.  That explains everything.  It is a cult, no?  And, quiverfull, while it may not officially be callled a cult, it is very cult-like.  Pardon my ignorance, but your words have cleared up for me why these women salute Lori .  I did not understand.   Rather than feel anger towards them, I guess I need to pray for them because they are  victims of a cult mentality.  Not Christianity, but cult.  

Lori's Facebook is rich this morning.

Years ago, that temptation was through day-time soap operas. Women could leave the home without ever leaving the home. They could get caught up in the manufactured drama, gossip and rebellion of the Bold and the Beautiful. 

Like you, Lori?  Weren't you the very one who admitted to being so self indulgent that you watched soap operas with your 5 year old?? 

soap.PNG.7baa7885fb558265a43f3e303b2df3d9.PNG

Well, look at that.  It was you!

Some women can make a big show about being at home, while spending all their time on Facebook spreading malicious gossip, creating Facebook pages mocking pastors, older women, and other leaders and going from comment thread to comment thread blasting anyone who they disagree with.

Wow...this also sounds like Lori!

-Big show of being home?  Check.  Home AND godly!  
-Spending all their time on Facebook?  Check.  Lori has admitted to spending "a majority of the day" on Facebook/the internet.

In Lori's own words:

I'm available in the chat room all the time...most...the majority of the day, to uhhh ,monitor it...

The rest of the time she is "researching".

Source:

Spoiler

-Spreading gossip?  TRIPLE check.  Girlfriend has got this one down pat.  If you don't believe me, ask the numerous family members/neighbors/"friends" she's made the subject of her posts.  Ask her neighbors with messy houses, or her son's former classmates (Queen Lori even posted pictures of them, which she deemed immodest).  

Ask Jen Hatmaker, Rachel Hollis, Sarah Young, Beth Moore, Joyce Meyer.  The list is absolutely endless.  Seriously, I could go on and on naming the other women Lori REGULARLY gossips about.

-Going from thread to thread, blasting anyone they disagree with?  Check!  Lori even goes to her dil's Facebook page to argue with her friends.  Other bloggers have had to block her from their pages.

Even the Peaceful Wife's readers called her out for constantly stirring strife. 

The woman described above was referred to as a "wicked woman".  

Lori??  LOOK IN THE MIRROR!   It describes you perfectly!

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived