IGNORED

Lori Alexander 56: Lori Wants Others to Outbreed Islam for Her

50 minutes ago, Hisey said:

If I recall correctly, Cassi moved to Houston on her own, met her husband, dated him and decided to marry him. All without the help of Lori and Ken!  Though maybe they think they were involved. . . 

Cassi: I've been dating a guy named Ryan and I think we're going to marry.

Ken: Did you check your list to make he has the godly qualities you want in a spouse?

Cassi: Yup, Dad, that's the first thing I did. <snorts silently>

Ken: Because I was in your old room and I saw the list there.

Cassi: Really? How weird.

Ken: Do you want me to send you a picture of it?

Cassi: OK, sure. [rolls eyes at fiance, who is standing naked beside her]

Lori: We can't grant our approval till we know more about him.

Cassi: Well, let's see. . . you want to know about him. . . [fiance writes "HORNY" on a piece of paper and hands it to her. She giggles.]

Ken: What's so funny?

Cassi: Oh, just something Ryan said that made me laugh.

Ken: Well, I'm glad you enjoy his sense of humor. That's great! And is he disciplined about fleshly pleasures?

Lori: Does he eat his portion and no more?

Cassi: I think we're on the same page about fleshly pleasures [fiance starts moving hips obscenely].

Lori: Tell me more about him! Is he preparing to be a godly provider?

Ken: That's definitely on the list. Your mother wrote it in.

Lori: Remember? It was first. Then came, "We agree about the discipline of children." You don't want someone who won't let you twig your babies!

Ken: Well, Lori, that is a heart issue, and if Ryan's heart is in the right place then they'll agree on those matters.

Cassi: I'm putting Ryan on speaker, guys. [whispers to Ryan "You've got to hear this, you'll understand what I've been talking about"].

Ryan: Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Alexander! Don't worry, my mom saved the twigs she used when I was a baby. We're all on the same page on that one!

Haha, yes, I really hope that's how it all went down!

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hisey said:

LOL, that sounds exactly like something I'd do.

Thanks for explaining and congrats again! I have been getting good results from the doc lately too, and I know what a wonderful feeling it is.

This is exactly something I did recently.  I needed to have my annual labs done and I made sure that I ate less sugar the day or two before.  I hope my labs were ok.  I'll find out tomorrow when I have my checkup.

ETA:  One of my daughters has gotten into making Einkorn bread..  Can't help but think of Lori when my daughter talks about her Einkorn bread.  (Not that my daughter is like Lori except that my daughter is into some woo, unfortunately.)   I find it interesting that the King Arthur Store doesn't carry Einkorn flour.  They do carry some other ancient grains though.

Not strictly a Lori question but, why is the marriage more important to the fundies than the children that are produced by said union?  It seems as though children are a necessary afterthought...nothing more.  Yet...they're "sooooo precious"... It's confusing.  

Maybe it's my evil backwoods/Catholic up bringing, I was taught that children are the ultimate reason for being married....not to deify the husband.  

5 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

KEN: "Some of our kids ended up with 9’s and 10 out of 10’s for who they married, But most importantly, there were times they thought they wanted to marry another person and we had them go back to their list reminding them of what they had prayed for and asking the question, “should you patiently wait upon the Lord?”

Wow, this is gross. He needs to not be perving on his DILs.

Well, I'm sure glad to hear Lori say that cosleeping, cry it out, and nursing on demand are a personal choice and not an issue of salvation.

Now, if she would say the same about working outside the home or sending your children to school. 

I'm personally more "middle of the road" on these issues. We allowed cosleeping sometimes. Other times we had the children sleep in their rooms. 

Cry it out?  I see nothing wrong with giving a baby a few minutes to cry as long as you have checked on the baby and know s/he is OK, but I don't believe in letting them cry for a long time like Lori did.  I think most mothers can tell by the tone of the cry what the baby wants anyway (I've never had infants, so correct me if I"m wrong).

Feeding on demand? Sure unless it's a half hour until dinner. 

Has anyone else noticed that Lori no longer fawns all over A Lady of Reason? Do you think it's because she isn't a Christian?

9 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Has anyone else noticed that Lori no longer fawns all over A Lady of Reason? Do you think it's because she isn't a Christian?

Like that Wife Swap 'God Warrior'...'she's not a CHRISTIAAAAAAN???'  

@Imrlgoddess, when I taught a Confirmation class in the early ‘90s, the priest (who was the Vicar of Priests for our diocese and an expert on canon law) told the kids that the primary reason for marriage was companionship. Per scripture, “it is not good for the man to be alone” predated “be fruitful and multiply.” His reasoning was that having children is not always possible in a marriage, and that marriages exist both without and after children.

He also said ZIP about “male headship.”

4 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Cry it out?  I see nothing wrong with giving a baby a few minutes to cry as long as you have checked on the baby and know s/he is OK, but I don't believe in letting them cry for a long time like Lori did.  I think most mothers can tell by the tone of the cry what the baby wants anyway (I've never had infants, so correct me if I"m wrong).

No children myself, but worked with infants in a daycare and I could tell often tell in a short time the difference in cries. Each baby is different, but didn't take long spending time with a baby to notice it's behavior and patterns. 

I have a niece though and spending time with her and the infants in the daycare in the past...yeah, I don't know how a parent can listen to their crying infant and not just do nothing. Sure, I get you lay them down and they cry a little and want to get them used to being in a crib/bassinet, a little crying. Letting them just scream and cry and not doing anything because your sleep matters more...that I don't get.

Maybe I'll change my mind on that with my own future children if I have them, but I'd imagine it'd be even more difficult to let them just cry. 

I can think of no bigger "wimp" on the planet than Ken Alexander.  One day in the military would have wiped his silver-spooned butt out.

So if discipline makes boys manly wouldn't it actually make girls manly as well? Or do you like shout gender specific things at them while spanking or however they discipline? 

@Imrlgoddess I haven't been able to pinpoint what they think is most important. It's confusing because it's like :"husbands need all the sex and need to discipline his sons but on the other hand, it's I don't give a fuck if he's working 80 hours a week and never sees the kids. The husband to mea seems like this mostly unseen presence that doesn't show up until meal times or when the kids are a sleep so he can get some sex. So it's both and neither al at once. But mostly it's just overly complicated and idiotic. 

10 hours ago, Lisafer said:

All this Einkorn talk is reminding me that I want to make homemade rolls this afternoon. But they are going to be made with evil white flour from the regular grocery store. There's probably GMOs in my wheat or something. 

On a scale of 1 to 10, how ungodly does this make me?

If you make neinkorn bread you're probably going to die soon.  It will be, like, totally your fault.

@EowynW,  well breastfeeding usually works best if the baby is nursed on demand or as we say nowadays "on cue".  A full-term baby gives you cues when they need or want to nurse.  Rooting around, chewing on their hands, making sucking movements with the mouth are several common cues and crying is considered a late cue to breastfeed. Infants don't nurse just for nutrition, but also for comfort.  Some babies are sleepy and don't cue to nurse often enough at first and need to be gently roused to nurse.  The premature baby may have very subtle nursing cues or they may even be absent.  These mothers will want to offer the breast frequently -every two hours or so- even if they think that the baby is not hungry.  Wearing the baby in a sling or Mobi wrap type carrier where the baby can be skin-to-skin continuously and have free access to the breast may help.  

nursing: #1 would suck on anything that got too close to her face. I had hickeys! #2, boob, bottle, he was NOT picky. He'd also go from whining a bit to full-throated screaming bloody murder in 0.02 seconds. #3 didn't give many cues at the beginning...he was on a schedule and would be woken up to feed. THAT was the kid who needed "nanas" until he was close to 3 (I think). Damn kid is STILL a boob man :) 

#1 now still eats pretty indiscriminately. She's the least picky eater (although she doesn't like chocolate...) #2 isn't that picky but there are a few things he will not eat. #3 is the pickiest of the three...but much of it has to do with texture more than flavor. 

TL;DR...my kids are fucking weird. 

I know Lori has mentioned breastfeeding but I reckon she didn't do it for very long, maybe just a couple of weeks (no judgement, it was the eighties). If she did breastfeed for any length of time I feel she would mention it more. For all her talk on natural ways, doing things like the 'women of old' she's very nonchalant on that subject and doesn't invite too many questions about her experience of it. 

Also maybe Ken didn't like sharing ??

On 10/15/2018 at 6:31 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Almost every house in the neighborhood came with one.  Er hm.  :mouse-shock:

I’m behind so apologies if the tub discussion is now passe. There are two things I have pretty strong feelings about:

To the people saying it’s just an “ordinary” tub: true, it’s not uniquely luxurious or interesting (and Lori sure doesn’t help it look inviting), but it’s only ordinary for certain kinds of houses in certain kinds of neighborhoods. To many people, a house in which a garden tub comes standard is a dream.

As for the already-stated point that for many (most?) of Lori’s fans, such a neighborhood/house/tub is out of reach: YES and in part out of reach BECAUSE of what Lori teaches about women not working, women not becoming educated, and having children very young and never pausing or stopping. She’s helping create the situations her followers are in, and has no experience of following those rules herself. Hence: she has the tub, they don’t.

Shame on Lori.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:00 PM, delphinium65 said:

a quick Google search on a quote she used, “How many people do you know who have been happily married for at least ten years?” reveals that it come from 'Roosh V,' AKA the Return of Kings guy whose entire message is about male superiority over women.  Soooo...what was Lori doing digging into the swamp that is Roosh's mind anyway?  

As to Roosh’s/Lori’s question: Many! Dozens! More than a hundred! What a weird “rhetorical” question.

1304269005_godprovides.JPG.dcb2815dffdcccbbefccd5eff8d80036.JPG

OMG!  Does she really believe this???  If she does, then why are there starving children?  Why is there homelessness?  Poverty?   Let me guess:  if any of those things happen to you, it is because you are "ungodly".   Will someone please define what "godly" is?  Because I dont see any fruit in Lori.  

How can someone say that some of their daughters/sons in law are a 9 and others a 10? It's saying some are perfect and others are just good.

I wonder if Lori and Ken prefer their daughters-in-law than their sons-in-law. Both DIL seem to be submissive and trying hard to be pleasant. But I bet their SILs are not like that. In a world where men have to be leaders, the young husbands may want to make their own rules. For example Alyssa's husband wants her wife to be dressed in a way Lori and Ken dissaprove. So their SIL has more power than them. It must be hard to accept.

Regarding letting the babies cry, I seem to recall that Lori's eldest son (Ryan?), despite being hard with the kids, didn't do the cry it out method. Lori said her children don't raise babies exactly as she did. So if Lori was a 0, her kids may be a 1 or a 2.

8 hours ago, Liza said:

1304269005_godprovides.JPG.dcb2815dffdcccbbefccd5eff8d80036.JPG

OMG!  Does she really believe this???  If she does, then why are there starving children?  Why is there homelessness?  Poverty?   Let me guess:  if any of those things happen to you, it is because you are "ungodly".   Will someone please define what "godly" is?  Because I dont see any fruit in Lori.  

Oh this is very common fundie belief. My parents & inlaws aren't exactly quiverfull, but they do believe you should go ahead and start popping out your blessings no matter your financial situation because "God will provide." Mr. EW family stopped at 3 kids but it was still touch and go when his dad got sick. Mr EW told me just a few days ago how scared his preteen self was when things got desperate & his dad couldn't work for awhile, because he thought he had to go find a job to provide for the family but he knew he was too young to get hired anywhere. Broke my heart. 

My folks stopped at 3 ONLY because my Mom had fertility issues. She tried for years afterward to get pregnant but just miscarried. She was so sad about it but I was always relieved TBH because it was rough for years for us. And I'm even more relieved now because that was less children to be fundie indoctrinated. 

A lot of my Mom's doula clients are having more kids than they should financially. One of her clients is pregnant with twins (I think numbers 7&8) and they are in a bad way moneywise. It just make me nope that much harder about having kids right now, lol. 

1614717089_Skjermbilde2018-10-19kl_15_13_57.png.9eadb4a4719f48523c6b121ddd100577.png

There's also this gem on the facebook page. And of course, there's some interesting comments and answers from Lori. 1121736136_Skjermbilde2018-10-19kl_15_17_48.png.53c424e7c72b87192df1efdd11311e50.png 

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived