IGNORED

Lori Alexander 56: Lori Wants Others to Outbreed Islam for Her

We had a pink tub in our house in Texas.  It was in the guest bathroom which we hardly ever used, so that became the cat's room to play in and drag the litter out of her box all over.

Our current house has a yellow bathroom.  The tub and toilet are yellow and the tiles are yellow flecked.  And it's all ugly!  So's the wallpaper, but my local MIL picked it out when she owned the house.  I'd like to rip out the wallpaper but it's not going to happen anytime soon.  I pretty much just ignore the (f)ugly yellow and decorate how I want, which is light blue and white at the moment.

We have a shower stall that we had built in the master bathroom.  It's kind of ivory colored.

I don't care what Lori has in her bathroom, I just hope she never posts a picture of herself using it!

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

Agreed! I am adopted myself. However my parents knew that adoption was hella expensive. It wasn't on a whim when they adopted me. They had to plan and save.  Mom couldn't have babies of her own. However raising two kids who are adopted (my brother and I) I know she would say in many ways its even harder (I have at times made it hard) . I wish Lori's followers would understand that.

I agree. I have two adopted teens. Adoption is wonderful, the best thing I ever did, but it is not the same experience as having birth children. There are lots of extra challenges which can be quite hard, for both kids and parents. Our adoption is transracial, so it's out there for everyone to see. People hurt my kids all the time. One person tells them they were "bought." The next person tells them they are "lucky" and should be grateful. The next person tells them that their birth parents didn't want them, then a fourth tells them their birth mother was coerced into giving them up. All this while when you are 11 years old and trying to learn fractions!

The way they throw around the term "adopt" as if they are just substituting one kid for another shows a woeful lack of understanding.

11 minutes ago, polecat said:

s she for real? For really real? Jesus, Lori, that's just an ordinary garden tub.

I had one of those in one house we lived in. LOVED it. BUT...I had a shelf for my laptop (Netflix), candles, a wine glass, fluffy towels, and stacked stone in front. I'm planning a similar tub if we get this house built. 

1 minute ago, Briefly said:

@Hisey, my sad reaction is for the ignorance your kids have to deal with.  It's just not right.

Thanks. I don't want to derail the thread. But I think that people have strong opinions about who "deserves" a baby that comes from their own feelings of abandonment in childhood. That's the only explanation I can come up with. I know families who adopted children from China who have noticeable special needs. No one trots over to tell these kids they were "bought." Because a child with disabilities is not as "valuable" in their eye, so the actual adoption of such a child is not as disturbing to them. I don't like to commoditize children that way, myself. 

The takeaway is, if you see an adoptive family, don't even mention the adoption. Treat them as you would anyone else. Each time you bring it up (and it's really none of your business), it reminds the kid he's different and can damage his already-shaky feelings of belonging. At least that's been my experience with my own kids. I see my kids wince each time some stranger approaches with some stupid theory about their adoption that she wants to share.

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

Surely it can't possibly be because Lori flaunts her wealth in front of her leghumpers, some (many? Most?) of whom can barely cover groceries, much less fancy bathtubs and such.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with her insensitivity and cold bitchiness whenever a follower wonders how she's going to feed and clothe her children this week.  Noooo, it's all pure, spiteful, ungodly jealousy on their part!  :pb_rollseyes:

Lots of Lori's readers sound like they can barely scrape rent and food money together. Some probably can't sleep at night, worrying about bills.

When they see a picture of her tub, though, the only feeling they are allowed to have is JOY in the Lord's bounty and happiness that He gives such a blessings to this godly older woman.

Lori expected all her fans to feel this JOY, and was unsettled by their annoying comments about money problems. Their sad feelings of longing was not what she wanted to hear. Stop messing with her high! Stop raining on her parade! Get out there and work your 12-hour shift at Walmart, and the Lord will BLESS you, too! 

The tub thing is hilarious. This photo is 8 months old and she is still thinking about it. The comment she claims she got of course is not on the IG. So she deleted it or she is a liar. Its the most average, boring tub ever. 

In the comments just now Mandy is getting some heat for having the nerve to suggest men can be foolish too. One leghumper says "don't go there" . "This is a blog for women, Lori only addresses women." That tired old line again.

56 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I agree. I have two adopted teens. Adoption is wonderful, the best thing I ever did, but it is not the same experience as having birth children. There are lots of extra challenges which can be quite hard, for both kids and parents. Our adoption is transracial, so it's out there for everyone to see. People hurt my kids all the time. One person tells them they were "bought." The next person tells them they are "lucky" and should be grateful. The next person tells them that their birth parents didn't want them, then a fourth tells them their birth mother was coerced into giving them up. All this while when you are 11 years old and trying to learn fractions!

The way they throw around the term "adopt" as if they are just substituting one kid for another shows a woeful lack of understanding.

oh I can definitely understand what and how they may feel. For those who are adopted, its almost like this stigma that always is there, no matter what. I have had to learn to embrace that I am adopted (from India)  (my parents are Caucasian)  but it took years of patience, and therapy to get to where I am now. My parents have loved me through every step of the way, even when I was being an idiot and foolish, they have never given up on me. I can only hope I can be that good of a parent to my daughter as she grows up.

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I feel like the people who just reply "adopt" to those who are talking about their inability to have a baby are jerks. Adoption can be expensive and take a long time. Fostering is difficult too. It's not like going to the supermarket and picking out a baby. How about just trying to comfort people in their pain? Lori's followers are some of the most callous people I've seen. 

I agree. It bugs me  when people say to adopt as I've known how difficult it was for friends and relatives to adopt. Last year, I was lurking on a wedding forum site where a poster said she was feeling down and depressed because it was unlikely she would have biological kids because she was going through breast cancer and chemo had effected her system. The poster was engaged to be married and she was worried about how her future husband would feel about not having biological kids.

They had researched adoption, but found that many agencies have waiting periods(sometimes 5 years)  for people with cancer histories and that some agencies don't work with people with past cancer or other illnesses at all. On the wedding forum, some posters seemed very naive about different forms of adoption and they kept acting like it was going to be so easy for a woman with a cancer history to easily adopt.  Fostering and adopting was brought up. The OP said that her fiance wasn't too interested in fostering to adopt and they again had fears that her health history might keep them from fostering. 

Other posters suggested egg freezing and surrogacy, the OP of the thread had frozen eggs, but the idea of surrogacy didn't sit well with her because she said she didn't want someone putting themselves at risk to a carry a child.  Other posters kept bugging the OP on surrogacy and kept saying that it wasn't dangerous. They just didn't get that some people don't want to use surrogacy to have a family even if they aren't any major risks or dangers. 

That thread on the forum was pretty much a shit show. While I do think some posters were kind and thoughtful. The ones who kept acting like adoption was such an easy process were either dumb or a bit callous. I remember one response to the OP was something like "Boo hoo, you can't have bio kids, just adopt and save a life".  I thought was so shitty because people should be allowed to grieve over not being able to have bio kids especially if they wanted them. Yes, adoption is saving a life, but it's not so easy and adoption isn't for everyone who wants to have a family in some way. 

Reading some of the stuff from Lori's posters reminded me of that wedding forum thread and some of the "Just adopt" posts. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Lots of Lori's readers sound like they can barely scrape rent and food money together. Some probably can't sleep at night, worrying about bills.

When they see a picture of her tub, though, the only feeling they are allowed to have is JOY in the Lord's bounty and happiness that He gives such a blessings to this godly older woman.

Lori expected all her fans to feel this JOY, and was unsettled by their annoying comments about money problems. Their sad feelings of longing was not what she wanted to hear. Stop messing with her high! Stop raining on her parade! Get out there and work your 12-hour shift at Walmart, and the Lord will BLESS you, too! 

Lori really doesn't care about her readers. Whenever she does reply to readers who talk about financial issues and not being able to survive completely on their husband's paychecks it is usually "Pray for help" or every once in while she suggests to ask churches for help. It bothers me when she has the attitude that her readers should automatically be happy for all the nice things she has in her life or when she brags and brags about the kitchen remodel, the tub, her expensive organic food, and the expensive clothes while many of her readers can't afford all those things. 

My oldest daughter and her husband adopted two special needs little girls from China, but they don't think of them as their adopted children.  They're just their children.  

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Is she for real? For really real? Jesus, Lori, that's just an ordinary garden tub.

and apparently she's been stewing about some feedback about her tub since then -- 9 months worth.  Now that is the definition of foolishness if you ask me. 

5 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori really doesn't care about her readers. Whenever she does reply to readers who talk about financial issues and not being able to survive completely on their husband's paychecks it is usually "Pray for help" or every once in while she suggests to ask churches for help. It bothers me when she has the attitude that her readers should automatically be happy for all the nice things she has in her life or when she brags and brags about the kitchen remodel, the tub, her expensive organic food, and the expensive clothes while many of her readers can't afford all those things. 

I don't know if Lori believes in the prosperity gospel, but it would fit her like a second skin.

My bathing tub is plain white and just shy of 3 years old. We got a new landlord, who renovated the bathrooms and put in tubs instead of the shower we had before. I'm pretty happy about it, only that it is a standart tub and could be larger, but that wouldn't have fit the small bathroom we have. Lori's tub is pretty average, not even a jacuzzi and the one skewed end did my tub have too. Every bathing tub I saw in my live had that kind of end.

2 hours ago, polecat said:

I literally just posted about my pink tub! My other bathroom (half bath) was done in yellow, and I can promise you, the pink fixtures are far more attractive than the yellow ones. The yellow is a funky urine-y color that never looks clean. The pink is bright and fresh. 

True story re yellow bathroom fixtures:

My grandson, at age 3, had only ever seen white toilets. We were at an event in a church hall, and the toilet in the ladies’ room was yellow, but with a white seat. When I took him in there to do his business, he said, “Somebody didn’t flush it!” After I explained that the whole toilet was yellow, he said, “It’ll be a lot yellower when I get through with it.”

“Just adopt” is a phrase that infuriates me. One couple I know adopted their first child as a newborn from Catholic Family Services. The mom told me that, when they brought him home, she had a panic attack every time the phone rang for the first six months, fearing her child’s birth mother had changed her mind and that the adoption would be reversed. Another adopted their little boy from state foster care and went through nearly two years of drama over whether his birth mother would decide she wanted him back and later, when she was found unfit, whether the state would finally get its act together and release him as eligible for adoption. 

So, sure—just nip out to the mall and pick yourself up a couple of kids!

2 hours ago, polecat said:

Is she for real? For really real? Jesus, Lori, that's just an ordinary garden tub.

Almost every house in the neighborhood came with one.  Er hm.  :mouse-shock:

2 hours ago, Koala said:

My house was built in the 50s.  We still have the green tile in the bathroom.  Looks just like this one:

Reveal hidden contents

green.jpg.b580fd8c6d987e6d6dd2d5b4c8aaa129.jpg

Sorry...that pic is HUGE, and I don't know how to change it.

Anyway, my tile is that exact color, but unlike Godly Lori, instead of sabotaging it (in order to get a bathroom remodel), I've learned to decorate it in a way that makes it look cute.  The secret?  Embrace the vintage.

Love it! The color is called Aqua Glow. We have the same style bathroom but in Clair de Lune blue. I'm kind of obsessed with mid century tile bathrooms in any color. They're so distinct and interesting and these days they're getting hard to find. 

Lori?  It looks like your maid missed a spot.  You've got quite a bit of dirt built up in the left-hand corner there.  If you want people to be jealous, you're gonna have to really get in there and scrub. ?

dirt.thumb.PNG.cb458e4c62d9975fda771845fe51d5f7.PNG

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

Stop messing with her high! Stop raining on her parade! Get out there and work your 12-hour shift at Walmart, and the Lord will BLESS you, too! 

OMG - do you not read the Godly Mentor?  If you worked your 12 hour shift at Walmart you are spitting in Baby Jesus' eye!   Starve and pray harder!  Pray the husband will pick up that 12 hour shift on top of his 8 hours at his other job!   Who needs a dad? God will rain down dollars on your doorstep if you do!   Or something like that....?  

20 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Love it! The color is called Aqua Glow. We have the same style bathroom but in Clair de Lune blue. I'm kind of obsessed with mid century tile bathrooms in any color. They're so distinct and interesting and these days they're getting hard to find. 

I have a sneaking weakness for MCM houses in general. They're just so full of character.

There was a bathroom featured today on RetroRenovation that had Aqua Glow tile.   And there was an Eichler on Houzz within the last week which is to die for.  It's My Lottery Dream Home!

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I feel like the people who just reply "adopt" to those who are talking about their inability to have a baby are jerks. Adoption can be expensive and take a long time. Fostering is difficult too. It's not like going to the supermarket and picking out a baby. How about just trying to comfort people in their pain? Lori's followers are some of the most callous people I've seen. 

Amen! It took us 10 years and two failed adoptions (birthmothers changed their minds and kept the babies). We finally adopted a 2 and 3 year old brother and sister through social services.

Adoption is not an easy process  I was almost suicidal after the second one fell through. 

We also lost about $10,000.

8 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

There was a bathroom featured today on RetroRenovation that had Aqua Glow tile.   And there was an Eichler on Houzz within the last week which is to die for.  It's My Lottery Dream Home!

I saw that! I popped over to double check on the aqua glow color name and lo and behold, there was an article. I didn't link it because I didn't want to be a big mid mod nerd but now I see, there's probably dozens of us! Dozens, I tell you! You, me, and @polecat, there's three right there, and @Koala rockin' her green bathroom makes four. My house was built in 1948 and the only updates are the electric, plumbing, and a kitchen remodel that was done in the 60's. For some odd reason no one touched anything else, everything is here right down to the original doorknobs. It still has the separate doorbell chime attached to the back door that was meant for the milkman! 

my stepdaughter's sister & brother in law adopted twin girls at birth. They get more shit from more people b/c the girls are black. They just wanted to be able to have kids (she has endo and ruined her reproductive system). They weren't trying to "save" anyone nor did they specifically "request" to adopt these girls. Their social worker called, asked if they wanted the girls, they said yes and sat with those girls in the NICU for a month until they were strong enough to come home. They're 3 or 4 now. Nobody in the family thinks any different of the girls, they are "real" nieces, granddaughters, cousins. 

I can't think of one time that Lori has been wise or kind. She is such a passive aggressive bitch it's mind boggling. I guess hiring a housekeeper would be considered looking well to the ways of her household.

Screenshot_20181015-152759.jpg

33 minutes ago, Momto2Princesses said:

I can't think of one time that Lori has been wise or kind. She is such a passive aggressive bitch it's mind boggling. I guess hiring a housekeeper would be considered looking well to the ways of her household.

I wouldn't see a problem with hiring a housekeeper if one is needed/finances allow.  Lori should just quit being such a hypocritical bitch about how other people manage their households.  

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived