IGNORED

Lori Alexander 56: Lori Wants Others to Outbreed Islam for Her

Interesting how Lori is saying Ken doesn't like the cold, but she has talked about him wanting to move. 

I think she likes getting kicks out of telling people how she lives in an area with good weather year round.  Some of her fangirls are probably dreading dealing with heating bills during the winter.  

Ken is probably more in touch with many things than Lori is. He likely realizes there are trade offs to living in areas with lower costs of living. Maybe, he feels that he could learn to cope living in area where it does get cold in the fall and winters. But, he knows Lori won't be willing to adapt. 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another guest post today. On "accepting mediocrity" and all that bullshit.

Sigh.

No Lori, it's not about that. It's about accepting that we all do the best we can and sometimes yeah, the kids eat dry cereal for dinner. I am always behind on laundry, we eat McDonald's more than we should and there are days my husband doesn't "get" sex because I'm exhausted.

Still doing better than you, since my kids never once been beaten by me or my husband. Especially over something stupid like raisins.

And my husband likes my feisty side. He also likes that I don't spend $14 on butter. :D

9 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

No, no, no, no. That seriously traumatises train drivers. While I understand your sentiments and get that it's joking, let's just not do that, okay?

My brother is an engineer. He has never had it happen, but he is terrified of it. 

30 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Another guest post today. On "accepting mediocrity" and all that bullshit.

Sigh.

No Lori, it's not about that. It's about accepting that we all do the best we can and sometimes yeah, the kids eat dry cereal for dinner. I am always behind on laundry, we eat McDonald's more than we should and there are days my husband doesn't "get" sex because I'm exhausted.

Still doing better than you, since my kids never once been beaten by me or my husband. Especially over something stupid like raisins.

And my husband likes my feisty side. He also likes that I don't spend $14 on butter. :D

What's wrong with mediocrity? For me, a good day was when I ended the day with the same number of kids I started with. Clean faces, clean butts, full bellies. Kids don't give a shit if you spend hours making dinner or hit the drive-thru. They don't care if the house is perfectly clean and "decluttered"...My now grown kids remember mom doing things like hanging paper on the wall and letting them draw on it, running thru the sprinkler, jumping off the garage roof (don't ask). They had beds to sleep in, clothes to wear, shoes (when they wore them), 

THese idiots have issues...they're miserable because they are attempting to chase some nebulous perfection

Y'all I think I've been reading Lori's blog too much. This evening I got the sudden urge to clean my entire townhouse. Dishes, bathrooms, kitchen, living room... All of it. And I feel the sudden urge to out of a dress with pearls. Am I becoming feminine and losing my feminist card? Nah jk I know how to clean, cook, and wear dresses and I'm still a feminist *gasps*. I plan on voting too. I don't have a headship to vote for me so I shall vote under what I assume my future headship will vote. That way I can say I was honoring him before we were even together. Lol

The talk of cats makes me what a pet but my landlady doesn't allow animals :(. I miss fur babies. 

9 hours ago, louisa05 said:

My brother is an engineer. He has never had it happen, but he is terrified of it. 

I hope he never has to deal with this.

WTF to say this about your recently departed Mom. 

IMG_7402.PNG

Also WTF. Like not arguing and just submitting will fix an angry abusive asshole husband. 

IMG_7403.PNG

I thought this was one of the saddest sentences

When I was in high school, my mom mentioned divorcing my dad but thankfully, she never did or else this picture would have never been taken with the two of them in the center of it cuddled together. 

Oh, no! God forbid there shouldn't be a picture! Or even worse, a picture with step-parents! It's a great thing that her mother died after 66 years of an unhappy marriage.

Ken once wrote a comment about "someone" who had a very difficult FIL, who'd show up at "someone's" home early on weekend mornings, angry and shouting. I wonder if this "someone" was Ken. I wonder what Lori's dad was like. What caused her mom's unhappiness? Was it 66 years of her "desire to control" and lack of submissiveness?

It's bad enough that she is once again trashing her parents' marriage and, of course, putting most of the blame on her recently deceased mother. She has to take it a step further and type this crass sentence:

She died within ten days of this event so she was spared ever losing her mind completely which we are so thankful for.

There are so many ways an intelligent person could have worded this. A REAL author woild have no trouble finding softer words. 

I bet Lori never bothered to learn why her mother's mind was altered. Had the cancer metastasized to her brain? Was she altered due to heavy pain medication?  

I wonder if her aunt will respond to today's post.  I wonder if Lori has blocked her  

Lori is just so dumb and so cold hearted. What a dangerous combination. 

This is what happens when people use religion to make women be "keepers at home"…thinking that society will be better off if they enforce this religion on women.  

This is my second round reading this book and it's totally delivered me from any remaining shred of false mindsets concerning women in Christianity that I learned from ALCR and Lori's blog.  

I encourage y'all to read it if you haven't.  "Why Not Women?" is the title.  

C759D817-D38F-49A7-B7D2-181305B3244B.png

Regarding the blog post today about her parents, I find this in very poor taste all around. It seems poorly written and crude in many places, particularly the sentence about her mother being spared of insanity by dying!  This is just sickening.

What must a woman think of this who is seeking Jesus?  Let's suppose a woman doesn't yet know Jesus, and she is seeking Him, and she stumbles upon this article.  She reads of how miserable Christian marriage is, though she is impressed by some false guilt that it should be forever even though it may feel miserable for both parties.  She reads insinuating words that suggest that Father God "spares" people from insanity by making sure they go ahead and DIE.  She reads that a legacy of love means living miserably for years, then the WOMAN suddenly realizes the error of her ways (and that she caused all the misery herself), but ALAS, there is hope to squeeze out a few years before death that do not include absolute hell on earth.

WTF.

I would not be drawn to  a God presented like this.  Maybe others would be.  I don't think so.

5 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

What must a woman think of this who is seeking Jesus?  Let's suppose a woman doesn't yet know Jesus, and she is seeking Him, and she stumbles upon this article.  She reads of how miserable Christian marriage is, though she is impressed by some false guilt that it should be forever even though it may feel miserable for both parties.  She reads insinuating words that suggest that Father God "spares" people from insanity by making sure they go ahead and DIE.  She reads that a legacy of love means living miserably for years, then the WOMAN suddenly realizes the error of her ways (and that she caused all the misery herself), but ALAS, there is hope to squeeze out a few years before death that do not include absolute hell on earth.

WTF.

I would not be drawn to  a God presented like this.  Maybe others would be.  I don't think so.

I told Ken once that if his god exists, he and Lori are pushing people away from him, and if there is a final judgment, and his god is presiding, that they both will have the blood of lost souls on their hands.  It went over about as well as you would expect.  

17 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

I told Ken once that if his god exists, he and Lori are pushing people away from him, and if there is a final judgment, and his god is presiding, that they both will have the blood of lost souls on their hands.  It went over about as well as you would expect.  

Nevertheless, good for you for having the boldness to SAY it to Ken.

Someone needs to.  Actually, the real church needs to KEEP on saying these things to them until they WAKE UP.

This is NOT. A. GAME.

This is life and death for women, children, teens and families.  Even men.  I don't hate men.  But I am more concerned about the vulnerable (those I just listed) in Lori and Ken's "Biblical Womanhood" model.

Example: a woman I am mentoring was physically attacked for the second time that we are aware of just a few days ago.  She still suffers from this crap submission mindset and has been therefore in bondage to a very unhealthy marriage.  She leaves and comes back; lather, rinse, repeat.

I WILL NOT WATCH HER DIE.

I will speak the truth to her that she needs to put down a firm boundary with her husband, using her MOUTH (that means she has to SPEAK up for herself!  Maybe even ARGUE!)

SHE WILL NOT DIE ON MY WATCH.

And if I can help it, she will not learn from Ken and Lori.

Why do I think Lori is hardcore projecting again and most of this describes HER marriage?

Coldhearted shrew didn't even love her own mother and is jealous of her own daughters, what a miserable must she be.

Back to cats momentarily:

@Briefly,  my daughters gave me a cat for Mother's Day this year.  We'd not had a cat in several years and the girls knew that our house is kinda empty without a cat.  One daughter had already scoped out the kitties for adoption at the Petsmart a few blocks away and she told me about Daisy, a beautiful tortie who was 8 years old.  This particular rescue almost always places older kittens and adult cats at Petsmart.  Daisy's been part of our family since Mother's Day.  She gets along well with the dogs and is a real sweetheart.

@ladyicantxplain. bless you for what you are doing mentoring that woman who is in an abusive relationship.

Loris' Meme today really annoys me.  I don't compete with my husband.  I also don't complete him.  He is a whole person; complete in and of himself.  Mr. K would also find this blasphemous and say that Christ completes Him, and that I am his partner for the journey that is our life together.  

Lori does not really understand unity and togetherness at all, does she?  It's a competition or hierarchy, but no real connection or community.  I don't see how someone can begin to leave a legacy of love without understanding this.

13 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

Loris' Meme today really annoys me.  I don't compete with my husband.  I also don't complete him.  He is a whole person; complete in and of himself.  Mr. K would also find this blasphemous and say that Christ completes Him, and that I am his partner for the journey that is our life together.  

Lori does not really understand unity and togetherness at all, does she?  It's a competition or hierarchy, but no real connection or community.  I don't see how someone can begin to leave a legacy of love without understanding this.

Her meme...

Sounds like Jerry McGuire and not the Gospel...

Yeah, Lori and Ken need a revelation of not only marital unity, but their own unity with Christ, immediately.  Their writings give them away, though they parrot the scriptures about unity, their own words show otherwise.

Lori's comments section is full of umm...interesting people these days. Reader says she was watching "The chilling adventures of Sabrina" and these were her takeaways: 

Spoiler

- Kiernan Shipka (Sabrina) speaks with Glottal Shock in her voice…if you hear feminists speak this is a ‘thing’…it’s a ‘know it all voice’…it is an purposeful affectation because in a scene with a little boy Kiernan drops this voices and uses her real voice for the only time in the series

– First five minutes a mention of ‘white male patriarchy’ — It’s not longer just patriarchy…it’s ‘White male patriarchy’

-Feminism ‘Girl Power’ Everywhere

– Mention of ‘Dark Baptism’ and ‘The Dark Lord’…Moloch Statues EVERYWHERE

– Harvey is always put down…she constantly corrects him (then gives him a kiss like a dog)

– Gets into a fight with every male character

Female actresses noticeably not beautiful…or even average…all actresses are a bit below average in the looks department…they are targeting the not-so-good-looking girls which is really sad

I've never heard the term "glottal shock" before. See? You can learn something when you read Lori's blog. As to the second bolded, why does this woman think that the show is targeting "not-so-good-looking" girls? I honestly can't come up with a logical answer to this.

Wasting my time pondering the person on the planet who annoys me the most right now -- Lori Alexander.  Didn't she meet her royal headship while she was at college.  So, if she hadn't gone to college, she might not have met the man God ordained her to marry.  

47 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Lori's comments section is full of umm...interesting people these days. Reader says she was watching "The chilling adventures of Sabrina" and these were her takeaways: 

Hide contents

- Kiernan Shipka (Sabrina) speaks with Glottal Shock in her voice…if you hear feminists speak this is a ‘thing’…it’s a ‘know it all voice’…it is an purposeful affectation because in a scene with a little boy Kiernan drops this voices and uses her real voice for the only time in the series

– First five minutes a mention of ‘white male patriarchy’ — It’s not longer just patriarchy…it’s ‘White male patriarchy’

– Harvey is always put down…she constantly corrects him (then gives him a kiss like a dog)

Female actresses noticeably not beautiful…or even average…all actresses are a bit below average in the looks department…they are targeting the not-so-good-looking girls which is really sad

I've never heard the term "glottal shock" before. See? You can learn something when you read Lori's blog. As to the second bolded, why does this woman think that the show is targeting "not-so-good-looking" girls? I honestly can't come up with a logical answer to this.

Probably because they think non beautiful girls are more likely to not have a male soul protector and therefore...uh...become witches? I don’t even know.

58 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Hide contents

lol I'm kind of surprised a fundie would even bother watching something that involved witchcraft. 

29 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Probably because they think non beautiful girls are more likely to not have a male soul protector and therefore...uh...become witches? I don’t even know.

Hm, maybe that's the reason I'm stil single and have to protect my soul myself. That way, witchcraft comes really in handy. Maybe I should make a Lori voodoo puppet and let my doggie play with it. Ok, no more wine for me that evening.

5 hours ago, Hisey said:

I thought this was one of the saddest sentences

Oh, no! God forbid there shouldn't be a picture! Or even worse, a picture with step-parents! It's a great thing that her mother died after 66 years of an unhappy marriage.

Ken once wrote a comment about "someone" who had a very difficult FIL, who'd show up at "someone's" home early on weekend mornings, angry and shouting. I wonder if this "someone" was Ken. I wonder what Lori's dad was like. What caused her mom's unhappiness? Was it 66 years of her "desire to control" and lack of submissiveness?

I recall some posting where Lori said that her father's long work hours made the mom unhappy or lonely. 

IIRC, in another post Lori said something to the effect that her dad wasn't a good leader. She did other posts bashing the mom and saying she was submissive enough and IIRC, that was also why the aunts were pissed at Lori.

WTF is this person droning on about?  Maybe if she's so bothered by the actresses in some "feminist" show,  she should be a good Christian and...PRAY?!?! 

A woman full of hatred,  criticizing other women because she perceives said women to be full of hatred. 

My mind cannot process it.  

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived