IGNORED

Lori Alexander 56: Lori Wants Others to Outbreed Islam for Her

Yeah, Lori I'm sure the Tightwad Gazette is going to solve all of the worries that the woman has. Now, it's possible it will give her some decent money saving tips, but those tips may not help that much with inflation in today's world. 

One of Lori's other fangirls gave some tips that might not work for the woman. One fangirl suggest growing a garden which may not even work depending on where the woman lives and if she has the space for it. I also saw a tip about accepting leftover food. I'm not sure what she means by that. I was thinking she was sort of hinting at food pantries that receive unsold food from grocery stores. 

Lori and her fangirls just don't get that even if you budget wisely, buy things on sale, take hand me downs, and try to keep certain bills down low- you could still be struggling a lot at the end of each month. 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure she votes for whomever Kenny-boy tells her, so they don't cancel each other out. 

43 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori and her fangirls just don't get that even if you budget wisely, buy things on sale, take hand me downs, and try to keep certain bills down low- you could still be struggling a lot at the end of each month. 

Exactly!   Like the stupid suggestion to "use coupons"  DUH!  "We wouldn't have been evicted/gone hungry/had our power turned off is I just knew to save 30 cents on that box of rice a roni."   Likewise, food banks. They are a great service to help people until they get back on their feet. But I don't think they are intended to supplement a family's shortfall indefinitely because they aren't providing on their own. (if they are capable)

Don't get me wrong. I love using coupons and have saved lots on groceries/etc. Coupons are great. But they aren't the great savoir. A couple dollars here and there aren't going to make a dent when you are many hundreds of dollars short for basic expenses every month,  your husband works morning to night, and you are barely/not even getting by.  Not to mention if your washing machine breaks or some other emergency strikes. 

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

On IG today, you can feel a writer's desperation in asking for help/practical advice on how to be a SAHM...the family is struggling. Sounds like they are about to crash and burn. But  all Lori can do is spout platitudes and quote Benjamin Franklin.   so as her family is freezing or starving, just remember, a penny saved is a penny earned.  UGH.....she makes my blood boil....

WRITER:  “I always want to stay with my babies. I am a stay at home mom right now and follow your blogs. We went fraom making lots of momey to 1/3 of the money within a year. Now, even with minimum bills, we are barely surviving. What do we do? How do we do this? My husband is already gone all day and evening. How ? I pray daily. He prays too. I am pregnant with our second baby in 2 years after 10 years of infertility. I am so afraid of not giving my boys what they need even. How do we do this with me at home? Please. What passages do I read? Help us.”

LORI:  “go to the library and check out The Tightwad Gazette! Remember, a penny saved is a penny earned and with God all things are possible. He is your Great Provider!” 

So here's an example where Lori's advice is making a woman miserable. Lori's closed the doors to many options for her (since she is dumb enough to listen to Lori). The only alternative -- if she wants emotionally secure kids -- is to stay at home, let her husband work night and day, and live precariously on the edge with only the bare necessities.

Nice job making families stronger, Lori.

I was a devotee of the Tightwad Gazette and I know it backwards and forwards. The woman who wrote it had an older husband with a pension, free medical care through the VA, and access to a commissary. I don't know much about military benefits, but the pension alone gave her a big advantage over many other families. It's a great set of books, don't get me wrong, but the author really doesn't mention that very often. 

34 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I was a devotee of the Tightwad Gazette and I know it backwards and forwards. The woman who wrote it had an older husband with a pension, free medical care through the VA, and access to a commissary. I don't know much about military benefits, but the pension alone gave her a big advantage over many other families. It's a great set of books, don't get me wrong, but the author really doesn't mention that very often. 

IIRC the author also said that not all of her ideas are for everyone. I've used some of her ideas, others not so much...if I hadn't found those books so helpful I'd want to burn them now that Lori is recommending them. 

37 minutes ago, Hisey said:

The woman who wrote it had an older husband with a pension, free medical care through the VA, and access to a commissary. I don't know much about military benefits, but the pension alone gave her a big advantage over many other families. It's a great set of books, don't get me wrong, but the author really doesn't mention that very often. 

Hub's VA benefits save us a BUNDLE!!! I only have to have insurance on me and I can afford the Cadillac plan. We don't do the commissary...it's just not worth the drive cross town (we live in the SW of the city, the commissary is on the NE side of the city. We have guaranteed income (such that it is) from his SSDI, but it ain't much. 

I'm a nut about saving money and being frugal but we tried living on just his SSDI...screw that noise in a BIG way! Thank you I prefer our MUCH higher income these days. 

Lori seems to be one of those people who think if someone would just give up their cell phone or weekly coffee, they'd no longer have any financial trouble at all. When the truth is, that pre-paid cellphone may be the only reason they're able to keep a job, and the few dollars on coffee are frankly not going to make a dent at all when there are hundreds of dollars worth of bills hanging over their heads. 

Lori reminds me of the husband of a boss I once had, who owned three large houses in very expensive areas, had a nice set of cars at each house (matching convertible Mercedes, at one of them), bragged about her ex-husband being mad she hung his original Warhol painting in the kitchen, and took her daughter to Paris, New York and Pittsburgh wedding dress shopping, and got her a custom-made $10,000 couture dress (for a wedding that ended up not taking place). Her husband worked in our office as well, and once spur-of-the-moment bought a Porsche. I asked the husband once for a pencil sharpener, because there wasn't one in the entire office. He bought a 25 cent plastic thing. To save money.

I just hope, that should Lori ever have the misfortune to find herself wondering where her next meal is coming from, that some "wise" older woman will flippantly tell her that a penny saved is a penny earned.

In other news, Alyssa is now coupling Tedd Trip (of Shepherding a Child's Heart) quotes w/ her selfies.  
What the two have to do with each other, I can't imagine, but the fact that she's quoting him makes me very uneasy.

This reminds me of when the adult son of my BFF was recovering from a pretty traumatic accident. They were asking his aunt, who is well off, to help when my friend was out of money. The aunt could not fathom that there was no money. My friend was broke until payday. Aunt just couldn't understand that at all because she never had to struggle financially. 

Lori has no idea how much stress poverty puts on a marriage, especially when children are in the picture. Statistics clearly state that instances of stress, domestic violence, child abuse, depression, anxiety, drug and alcohol abuse rise substantially when people are in poverty. The stress is intolerable when you need to pay the rent, heat the home, and put food on the table +++++ everything else that has or can go wrong. She.Has.No.Clue. She lives in a golden sky castle in her own imagination where if one just does what she says there will be no problems. It's a fairy tale world she is selling and she is causing far more detrament to families than she is helping and she doesn't care about the consequences of her words and deeds.  

But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? 1 John 3:17

What good is it, my brothers, if someone claims to have faith, but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brotheror sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you tells him, “Go in peace; stay warm and well fed,” but does not provide for his physical needs, what good is that?… James 2:14-16

This is what the WORD OF GOD has to say.  Lori should answer according to the Word: when this woman wrote about not being able to pay the bills, the FIRST THING Lori would do if she BELIEVED the Word she is preaching, is to go to the Word (not quote cute worldly sayings about pennies earned and saved that aren't biblical).  She would see that the Word requires HER to solve this woman's problems in any way she can based upon the resources SHE has in her household, and then she would DO IT, quietly and without posting it all over the interwebz.

God this makes me furious. And it grieves God.

23 hours ago, louisa05 said:

It is highly unlikely that Lori still has a teaching certificate. They have to be renewed and renewal requires continuing education. It isn't for life. We are an actual profession. And I can't imagine for a nano second that Lori went out of her way to get her continuing ed hours to keep that certification up to date. Letting it expire would have been an easy way to ensure that Ken could never push her to go back to work, too. 

Not necessarily true...in CA, if you “clear” your credential through continuing education and, I believe, work for 3 years, you have your credential for life. At least...that was my understanding as a secondary Ed teacher in CA 10 years ago. I remember because I was one semester away from “clearing” when I left work to start a family, and everyone I knew was so upset with me because I would be unable to work as a credentialed teacher after my kids grew up without going back to school. Had I finished that semester, I would’ve held my CA credential for life (which would’ve been a good idea...). 

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Exactly!   Like the stupid suggestion to "use coupons"  DUH!  "We wouldn't have been evicted/gone hungry/had our power turned off is I just knew to save 30 cents on that box of rice a roni."   Likewise, food banks. They are a great service to help people until they get back on their feet. But I don't think they are intended to supplement a family's shortfall indefinitely because they aren't providing on their own. (if they are capable)

Don't get me wrong. I love using coupons and have saved lots on groceries/etc. Coupons are great. But they aren't the great savoir. A couple dollars here and there aren't going to make a dent when you are many hundreds of dollars short for basic expenses every month,  your husband works morning to night, and you are barely/not even getting by.  Not to mention if your washing machine breaks or some other emergency strikes. 

I feel the same way. I like using coupons and finding some great deals. Sometimes they don't make a huge dent and like you said stuff breaks or other emergencies pop up. Lori said in a video she doesn't think of the "what ifs". While I don't think people should be worried all the time, but I think having some savings or some kind of rainy day fund is good thing to have if you can put some money aside every month.  With Lori's fangirls, I'm guessing a lot of them haven't worked in years and if they have large families it can be hard to put money aside in savings.

The woman on IG mentioned infertility issues and she said something about her husband making a lot and then there was a decrease in income. I'm wondering if they used a lot of money for fertility treatments and she finally got pregnant and then either he had a job loss or decrease in pay in a current job.  I haven't checked back on the IG comments to see if she added anything about her background. Either way, Lori can't relate to that woman or the many others who comment or ask her for advice on social media. 

I don't think Lori is all that frugal and I'm betting when she and Ken had money worries they may have received help from Lori's father. Lori said somewhere on FB or her blog about married couples with kids moving back in one set of parents to save money. She  something to the effect that she wished that she and Ken should moved in with her parents after they had Alyssa. I'll say there is nothing wrong with getting help from parents or relatives when things get tight.  But, not everyone has parents or relatives that can help them. 

@ladyicantxplain, for all that Lori says that she speaks for God, I hear more of God speaking from YOU than I do from that harridan.

Thank you. It does not go unnoticed. It is a blessing in my life to be able to come here and be encouraged. And of course, it goes for all of you at Free Jinger as well! ❤️

20 hours ago, louisa05 said:

But none of this has anything to do with gender roles. A lot of it has to do with who enjoys what or is good at it or is available. And that's the concept that the submission/gender role people are missing. 

Well said. Mr Nova and I never aimed at traditional gender roles but I'm a homemaker and he works as a mechanic/millwright. We even physically embody the stereotype. I have long hair and wear long skirts and Mr is a very "manly man". But that's where it ends. We don't promote traditional roles, are atheists, we don't have hateful beliefs, and are liberal in our views. There is no submission or toxic masculinity, just two people making the best of a situation that neither of us ever anticipated. 

Additionally, I did not choose to be home full time and I miss having a paying job. For someone like Lori to come along and reduce people who are ill to a burden is hateful and hurtful.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

I just hope, that should Lori ever have the misfortune to find herself wondering where her next meal is coming from, that some "wise" older woman will flippantly tell her that a penny saved is a penny earned.

Two hours ago Lori "A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned" Alexander posted a photo of her thermostat on Instagram. In the caption she brags about how she loves living in warm, sunny California. Oh, but that Ken wants to move because it's too expensive---sad face emoji! She has the same sense of optics as our current president. 

Could it be Lori is giving Ken some grief over wanting to move?  What about letting Ken lead, Lori? Isn't that was good, submissive wives do? Are you being contentious?  A little passive-aggressive shade being thrown Ken's way?  Things that make you go, hmm??!! Also showing her rich girl privilege again. She has NO idea how people live. No idea. 

(from the thermostat post)

thetransformedwife: yes, a young couple can’t find a home for under a million dollars here. ? The weather is fantastic, however, and it’s so beautiful plus a lot of my family live here so it would be hard to leave.

I've just spent the day going back and forth with Ken on Dale Partridge's page. My gawd, that dude can verbally hemorrhage! I keep thinking we're done, (mostly because he says he is) but he simply is incapable of letting someone else have the last word.  And they tell us girls are verbal! He literally makes me want to stab sharp knives in my eyes to make the pain stop.

11 minutes ago, Anna Arkadyevna said:

I've just spent the day going back and forth with Ken on Dale Partridge's page. My gawd, that dude can verbally hemorrhage! I keep thinking we're done, (mostly because he says he is) but he simply is incapable of letting someone else have the last word.  And they tell us girls are verbal! He literally makes me want to stab sharp knives in my eyes to make the pain stop.

Damn Dale. I would always find Ken spouting shit on top of Dale's shit over there. 

On voting...stay home you stupid sow, and turn in your driver's license and voter registration card, as you are an addle-pated twit who does not deserve the honor of being able to participate in our freedoms.  Do you also only poop when Ken says it's okay to poop because you seem to be more than willing to share all of your personal bodily functions with the world.

From the time I turned 18 and could vote in 1978, no man or woman has told me how to cast my vote.  But, then, I know I'm nothing but a Jezebel with an education, never married, and works full time.  

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

thetransformedwife: yes, a young couple can’t find a home for under a million dollars here. ? The weather is fantastic, however, and it’s so beautiful plus a lot of my family live here so it would be hard to leave.

I'm betting her family couldn't help her move fast enough!  They're probably secretly lining up moving vans.  

She's even more angry lately and takes great pleasure in rubbing it in to all her readers that she is better than they are.  The more they describe their suffering, the more she gets off on it. 

Fuck you, Lori.  The only people you attract are the crazies.  

A little off topic, but I thought this post from Dale Partridge was very interesting, considering how Lori falls all over herself praising Michael Pearl as the best Bible teacher EVER!! 

Spoiler

IMG_1497.thumb.PNG.3de54e36921bbd1eb3a9909676571beb.PNG

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm totally with Ken on this one. Ken's admitted that he helps his kids out quite a bit financially, so he's essentially supporting or helping to support five families. That is freakin' ridiculous in general, and extra freakin' ridiculous when most of them live in one of the most expensive areas in the country. 

Lori you are a fucking idiot. An ignorant, uneducated, poison spreading fucking idiot. Why is it beyond your comprehension that women are brilliant creative beings that can do so much more than just be bare footed and in the kitchen for their man??  

Without these brilliant woman you wouldn't be sitting here with an open forum called the internet. 

https://www.shethepeople.tv/news/5-women-who-made-the-internet-possible

Screenshot_20181029-194316.png

6 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

(from the thermostat post)

Everything is relative, Lori. My family on my maternal grandmother's side have always lived in Santa Barbara, even before California was a state. My Nana, rest her soul, was a wonderful and kind woman with one horrible blind spot. She believed that anyone living south of Ventura was basically in the the ghetto, and anything south of Los Angeles was a mark below that.

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived