IGNORED

Seewalds 36: Waiting for the Next Cute Kid Video or Photo

Coconut Flan

@freethemall I love your thoughts on Joy and Austin. They really do look like Pam and Jim! Some of them seemed to either misunderstand the idea of an ugly Christmas sweater party or in typical Duggar fashion they adhered to different standards. Either way, they all seemed to have fun. 

I hadn’t noticed Jill on a phone call in any of the pictures so I went back and looked. Is this the one? I don’t think she looks upset here, but I’m always captured making unflattering faces in candid pictures so I’m probably not the best judge. Seriously, if you see a candid picture of me I’m sure to have my eyes half closed, my mouth hanging open because I’m talking, or something equally unattractive. 

Spoiler

90B43E47-2E8E-4826-9A8E-7DD3885FFCB9.jpeg.77c750bd53cdd5714ec248678cf57662.jpeg

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how they say Derick is studying for finals. Maybe he is but I take it as code for "we don't want him here"

They all look so cute. Abbie needs to give me her leggings.

I thought both Jessa and Jill looked beautiful in the pictures. 

Turd was ridiculous, still trying desperately to get attention as the oldest.

JD looked as if he had just rolled out of bed and snatched up what was on the floor.

I didn't understand Joy and Austin or Ben's look, but.. ok.

What's with all the kids in bare feet? Those tile floors must be COLD.

And Henry says, "No problem. If you close off the stairwell inside, I'll just climb the outside! How hard can it be?"

Abbie is so cute! Gah.

I am so confused by Joy and Austin. Was Joy treating it like a costume party?

Jessa's sweater made me smile because it's totally Michelle Duggar, lol.

I just need to pretend I didn't see the pictures of Josh. Bleh.

I'm calling it, Austin is pregnant.  

I figure since we'd all jump on Jou's preggo if she had that bit of pooch that it looks like Austin has.  

IMG_5584.PNG

13 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

JD looked as if he had just rolled out of bed

He looked like that at his wedding. 

This looks like an Ugly Christmas Sweater meets 1991 File Clerks Convention party. Interesting choice of theme.

1. I'm not sure some of the Duggars understood the "ugly Christmas sweater" concept. The more worldly, social media adapted ones are on theme and the quieter sheltered ones are wearing weird outfits/costumes they just decided were ugly. Seems about right.

2. No one has commented on Lauren and Josiah being in a conjoined sweater?!?!? Please tell me they just wore it for the photo and took it off for the rest of the party. 

there's def pics of SiRen in the conjoined top later in the party (i think sitting on the couch together? lol). it actually took me awhile to figure out it was a joint sweater haha, i thought it was kinda funny. 

I think Jill looks really good, actually. I love her hair, you can tell from how thick her braid is that it's actually really smooth and pretty. 

Joy and Austin seem like they were going for "old people" ugly.....the pastels and pointy heels and Austin's hair and the belly...

Lauren doesn't look pregnant, still, good for her! Actually I think Jessa's face looks a bit different from how she normally looks in other pics earlier on her instagram, or in THs for the show......but I wouldn't assume anything off it, lol.

45 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

What's with all the kids in bare feet? Those tile floors must be COLD.

They put radiant floor heat under the tile back when they TLC “built” the TTH.

8 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Ugh, I hate when people make cross-dressing into a joke. "He he, look at me, I'm wearing women's clothes. How hilarious!" I'm looking at you, John. 

Ugh, me too. And according to Anna, they had a contest which JD won. Even though he completely missed the theme of the party. He's just wearing one of Abbie's sweaters.

I don’t think we can say that he missed the theme of the party. Anna said ‘ugly sweater party’ - it may have been just that. Not really the usual theme, but it’s the Duggars we’re talking about. Maybe some of them thought wearing ugly CHRISTmas sweaters as a joke would be sacrilegious. God only knows with fundies.

Someone remind me who cousin Emily is? I’m pretty sure Anna’s posted about cousin Emily before. I’m glad Mackynzie has a non-TTH friend.

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don’t think we can say that he missed the theme of the party. Anna said ‘ugly sweater party’ - it may have been just that. 

I think some of them just interpreted this as 'look ugly in a sweater'. 

On 11/21/2018 at 2:14 PM, Audrey2 said:

It reminds me a lot of the oldest Waller boy (Paul?), David and Priscilla son, reciting Bible verses. at around the same age... With all of the guilt that they put the kids through when they're about that age about being saved, I can definitely see them starting to really push Bible memorization on them.

My mom made me memorize large passages of the bible. Lots of them. I still remember a lot of them. They were absolutely drilled into my head at a very young age. I'm a little bit resentful about it at this point, why not a foreign language?? Or something useful? My parents have both traveled the world and minored in Spanish in college, but I guess bible passages/verses were more important. ?And yes, my fundie-lite/fundie-wanna-be parents were actually educated, I know that's rare. 

WHAT do they have poor Meredith wearing? I'd say they were going for Dobby the house elf but they don't do Harry Potter. Did they cut the sleeves off and sew them to her head? 

Looks like the Caldwells had their baby. Paul’s holding a newborn who appears to be a boy (no head bow, anyway).

I feel the same.  It sickens me that they interact as if he isn't a child molester.  
I saw a picture of my cousin on Facebook yesterday and realized he could easily be confused for Josh. It really creeped me out for a minute!
He's not a child molester, thank heavens.

To a certain degree the ugly Xmas sweater party is so “done” that you can’t really find those sweaters at thrift stores on demand at all times. You can find them on Amazon.

It’s possible we have a mix of legit thrifted ugly sweaters, cutely en pointe tacky sweaters, and the one that Jessa stole from Michelle. 

2 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

To a certain degree the ugly Xmas sweater party is so “done” that you can’t really find those sweaters at thrift stores on demand at all times. You can find them on Amazon.

It’s possible we have a mix of legit thrifted ugly sweaters, cutely en pointe tacky sweaters, and the one that Jessa stole from Michelle. 

You can also find them at Walmart. I know this because our group of friends did an ugly Christmas sweater party recently and my husband and his younger brother found some for us at Walmart. 

I think Jill looks super cute. I love the long braid. I wish my hair were thick enough to be that long and look good.

I'm pretty sure Jessa is inhuman. She looks great in anything. On the outside, Jessa is a truly beautiful woman. 

Abbie looks great as well. 

I think Joy would have made a great office worker in my first job back in 2000 at a government office. She looks pretty though.

5 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I actually saw a few at Marshall's the other day. Now I want to go to an ugly Christmas sweater party.

I have an ugly Christmas hoodie. It's super extra. Snowflakes all over it, faux white fur around the hood, antlers on the hood, a cat with an actual red nose that in the mddle of the chest, the cat also has a jingly bell around it's neck. So the nose and jingle bell are parts of the sweater, and then it says "Have a Meowy Christmas." I wear it more then I probably should.

Who is Emily? Is she Anna's new helper? Cousin-mother?

The new Caldwell is super tiny. Really smart to bring him/her around that crew during flu season. 

Where is Josie?! And Izzy? Am I just not seeing them? 

Derick really must be disliked by the Duggs...

I'm guessing that the boy beside Lauren C is her brother and he's feeding Garrett? 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I have an ugly Christmas hoodie. It's super extra. Snowflakes all over it, faux white fur around the hood, antlers on the hood, a cat with an actual red nose that in the mddle of the chest, the cat also has a jingly bell around it's neck. So the nose and jingle bell are parts of the sweater, and then it says "Have a Meowy Christmas." I wear it more then I probably should.

That sounds wonderful, particularly the antlers!! 

(I had to choose Rufus bless for the antlers, though I also wanted to love and laugh)

On 12/9/2018 at 5:04 AM, Purrl said:

I actually thought Jill looked pretty good in these photos with her jeans and long braid. 

I'm really jealous that my hair isn't as long and thick as hers. 

Has Jill ever been spotted in a jeans in her parents home or did she chose to wear this, because her parents are in Honduras?

Joy and Jesse both looked really cute and I like the way they wear their hair in this pictures.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived