IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

34 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Now I am getting pretty fabric ads on FJ. :) Don't mind me while I go off to drool at fabric and wish I would win the lotto so I quit work and "just" be a mom, quilter, yogi, runner and reader :)

I wanna quilt, read, and run too! I'm sitting here goggling at @Palimpsestsaying that a town of 75,000 has 2 Jo-Ann's. We have almost half a million residents and 1 (non-superstore) JoAnn's, 1 Beverly's, 2 independent quilt stores, and 1 bargain end fabric warehouse.  We used to have a fabulous quilt store, but the owner retired . I would walk into her shop just to enjoy looking at pretty things, because she was always getting cute notions and had an eye for fabric coordination. Now we have the quilt shop that seems obsessed with bargallo and Judy Niemeyer compass type quilts and doesn't carry my colors of fabric, and the replacement for the fabulous shop, which seems dull and half empty after the previous occupant. So I buy fabric online or out of town. But even more than quilt fabric, I want apparel fabric. No one in town has it, unless you get lucky at the bargain rolls. So I knit instead. The local knitting guild was also a lot more welcoming of my skill in relative youth than the quilting guild.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Little Miss Lydia would have her a heart attack looking at me today...JEANS, sweater, fleece lined boots (to keep my feet warm). 

Lemme let you in on a secret @Lydia the pair of 40D's I have hanging off my chest would pretty much positively identify me as female. 

I feel like I could recognize you from your descriptions of yourself, lol. Keep that in mind if you're ever approached by a tall, skinny, small-boobed tourist with no makeup and awful hair who asks if you're "feministxtian!" ???

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

If you're ever this way, let me know...

I'm about 5'5" tall, chubby, long brown hair, big boobs, no make up. 

Sheeeeeiiiiitttttt....if you come to Vegas, we'll meet up, OK? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

Sounds good to me! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

This time it is that we didn't appreciate the tongue-in-cheek humor of her description of the "country bumpkin" in Vegas.

It is very telling what she gets offended over. :laughing-jumpingpurple: And I know she views herself as sooooo much better than us poorly mannered heathens, but whenever she shows up she is rude, condescending and this time resorted to insults, so she is hardly the picture of Christian politeness. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@Lydia darling, since you stopped by, please solve for us the cunning mystery of your age. How old are you, really, dear?

Also, why do you reject God's plan for your hair color?

• Haha 20

So am I the only one who thinks the “Lydia” who showed up on FJ isn’t the real Lydia? I just assume they were a troll, just as I assume it about others who claim to be, or claim to know, people we discuss. They always seem to show up exactly when their thread has becoming interesting. 

I have never understood why anyone would go onto a website and interact with people who have been critical of them. There is no real point. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, socalrules said:

So am I the only one who thinks the “Lydia” who showed up on FJ isn’t the real Lydia? I just assume they were a troll, just as I assume it about others who claim to be, or claim to know, people we discuss. They always seem to show up exactly when their thread has becoming interesting. 

I have never understood why anyone would go onto a website and interact with people who have been critical of them. There is no real point. 

Good question- has any one gotten confirmation that she's who she says she is? I will say this, Lydia does have a long, long history of interacting with her critics. Either that or she's had impersonators for a decade. I forget the name of the blogger (she was a feminist atheist lesbian) who was in a protracted email war with Lydia which she gleefully documented on her blog. This had to be at least 10 years ago since I seem to remember mostly reading it during a period of unemployment during my first few months in NYC, which was in 2005. I could be wrong though.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, socalrules said:

So am I the only one who thinks the “Lydia” who showed up on FJ isn’t the real Lydia?

I thought when she first showed up and people questioned if it was her some of the admin looked into it. 

This sounds exactly like Lydia. Smug, self-righteous, and a complete refusal to answer questions about history. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, socalrules said:

If it's not the real Lydia, they've certainly got her writing "voice" down pretty well! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

@Curious verified her when she first turned up.  Apparently she wasn't shy when she registered at this den of iniquity.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It is very telling what she gets offended over. :laughing-jumpingpurple: And I know she views herself as sooooo much better than us poorly mannered heathens, but whenever she shows up she is rude, condescending and this time resorted to insults, so she is hardly the picture of Christian politeness. 

Well, I'm sure Lydia would claim that we started it when it comes to insults.  I just called her vicious, after all.  And I stand by that statement.  She is vicious in her criticism of other women.

However, I keep my insults criticisms of her here on FJ.  I don't go and pee all over her blog.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

8 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

However, I keep my insults criticisms of her here on FJ.  I don't go and pee all over her blog.

And thank goodness.  Can one imagine having to wash all those ruffles and doilies soaked in heathen urine?  What about the truck curtains?!?  WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE TRUCK CURTAINS?!?

And what of Lydia's poor, innocent, wholly hypothetical "readers" with their untouched lady-brains?!?  How COULD you go there and expose them to your mean logic and wrathful valid points?!?  It would be too much to bear!

• Haha 15

5 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

And what of Lydia's poor, innocent, wholly hypothetical "readers" with their untouched lady-brains?!?  How COULD you go there and expose them to your mean logic and wrathful valid points?!?  It would be too much to bear!

Don't tempt me!

No, I really don't believe in peeing on Fundie turf.  I think posting on their blogs only encourages them and, if they don't simply delete negative comments, they use them to pretend to their humpers that they are being persecuted.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Don't tempt me!

No, I really don't believe in peeing on Fundie turf.  I think posting on their blogs only encourages them and, if they don't simply delete negative comments, they use them to pretend to their humpers that they are being persecuted.

I agree.  It's the proverbial wresting with a pig: all it will serve to do is to get you both dirty and besides, the pig will like it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I agree.  It's the proverbial wresting with a pig: all it will serve to do is to get you both dirty and besides, the pig will like it.  

I'd really rather wrestle a pig than a Fundie, any day.  Pigs get a bad rap because they have been historically kept in filthy conditions by farmers.  Not their faults.

Pigs are actually very clean critters who don't poop where they eat or sleep, use water and fresh mud packs to keep clean because they don't sweat, and are highly intelligent.  I can't say the same of many Fundies.  :P

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

And thank goodness.  Can one imagine having to wash all those ruffles and doilies soaked in heathen urine?  What about the truck curtains?!?  WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE TRUCK CURTAINS?!?

Truck curtains?  Like in the rear window?

Mr. Briefly, I need to run out to the El Camino for a minute and measure something.  No. I don't need any help but thanks for asking.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

40 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Truck curtains?  Like in the rear window?

Mr. Briefly, I need to run out to the El Camino for a minute and measure something.  No. I don't need any help but thanks for asking.

I am not sure truck curtains are safe for a moving vehicle.  As far as I know, they have only been Lydia-approved for your neighbor's broken down rusty truck that he parks in his yard and doesn't give you ACTUAL permission to put pink curtains in, but you do it anyway because YOU have to look at it, so you're the real victim here!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

On 10/11/2018 at 4:19 PM, Georgiana said:

I deeply regret to inform you all that Lady Lydia has DELETED her post about the curtains she made and hung in HER NEIGHBOR'S TRUCK because it didn't have enough pink frills on it.  This truly fills me with much sadness, and I'm not even sure the sink-tea (inferior to rain tea) I am brewing will be able to quench the despair in my soul at the loss of such a truly insane post.

However, in looking through the previous thread to try and find screenshots for the new folks, I DID find this link to a home tour by one of Lady Lydia's friends.  It's like Ms. Havisham's Haunted Mansion, and if you need an incredibly disturbing Halloween theme to unsettle your guests without being gory/scary and don't mind dusting, look no further:

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2013/08/welcome-home-tour.html?m=1

Sneak peak of the CHAIRS COVERED IN WEDDING DRESSES FOR THANKSGIVING, a tradition I am sure we are ALL familiar with because who DOESN'T cover their dining room in ACTUAL WEDDING DRESSES for company?

IMAG0631-001.JPG

This looks like headless ghost brides...... horrifying.   Walk into this room at 2am with only moonlight coming through those windows and die of fear.  Then you can join the ghost brides for their tea.  ?‍♀️

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Haha 6

RE driving in Vegas. It's just as bad as driving in LA sometimes. 
I have a good friend who teaches at a tech high school in Summerland and he finds the greatest places to eat. Mainly family owned and run places with food to die for. I'm off strip food and buffets...though I had a great steak at the steakhouse at the Rio and at the Double Barrel. The Monte Carlo is now the Parc and I won't darken their doors ever again. Overpriced drinks and food and they shut the water off without notice on the day we left. Paltry excuses. 
I'm home from the freezing midwest and trying to extricate myself from a horrible cold. (Flying with cold meds is so fun). 

• Thank You 1

Wait. So Lydia was so scared of us she removed the truck decorating post?!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Wait. So Lydia was so scared of us she removed the truck decorating post?!

That gives me a sad. I loved the truck decorating post. No judging, just doing what she could to make her part of the world a little lovelier (for her version of lovely, but still. . .)

On 11/27/2018 at 9:28 AM, feministxtian said:

I did not know you were in Vegas. One of the little Blacks lives in Vegas. Be afraid. Be very afraid. . .

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

That gives me a sad. I loved the truck decorating post. No judging, just doing what she could to make her part of the world a little lovelier (for her version of lovely, but still. . .)

I did not know you were in Vegas. One of the little Blacks lives in Vegas. Be afraid. Be very afraid. . .

I live in the Southwest part of the city, south of the 215 and west of the 15. Hub works off Sahara just west of the 15. 

If you're ever here...lemme know!!! 

• Upvote 2

On 11/27/2018 at 6:48 PM, Georgiana said:

I am not sure truck curtains are safe for a moving vehicle.  As far as I know, they have only been Lydia-approved for your neighbor's broken down rusty truck that he parks in his yard and doesn't give you ACTUAL permission to put pink curtains in, but you do it anyway because YOU have to look at it, so you're the real victim here!

I wish I'd known about that when we had the El Camino we called the spare or the Redneck Joke (cars on blocks in the yard)!  Mr. Briefly bought a 2nd one for next to nothing to cannibalize parts off of it for the one he drives.  By the tie he sold it, it was mostly just the body left.  I could have spiffed it up! :)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

@Lydia has written a post about how in Tonga women are so respected because of how they dress that they don't have to work. I'm fairly sure that isn't true. 

She also mentioned that women in Tonga do not have to work on farms, do not have to go to work, but they are considered the highest in respect

Here are stories from women in Tonga. Lydia, look at your fancy pictures of women wearing all white, read these story and see her pictures and feel shame at your ignorance. 

I then proceeded to return to the ocean to continue fishing for our livelihood. I knew that I couldn’t just sit around and wait for assistance - I have too many children and grandchildren depending on me. I have always taught my children that if you want something in life you have to go out and get it yourself and not to depend on others to do it for you. I fish for lomu everyday and my children help me clean it and two of my daughters sell it on the side of the road everyday. This is what pays for their education and for our day to day needs.

Another woman.

I have 8 children who are still in high school and the youngest is 11 years old and is in form one. I currently work as a care giver for the Elderly and the Disability program coordinated by Ma’a Fafine mo Famili from Monday to Thursday. This is our main source of income. Our other source of income is tapa making. My two daughters who have left school help me make tapa for sale to help us financially. I don’t have time to mope around and feel sorry for myself - I have 10 children who depend on me.

And another.

I was the one who put our bathroom back together. I jumped on the roof and started nailing pieces of aluminium roofing down. I told everyone to just collect steel and timber from the debris around and I then proceeded to fix our home with my little brother. I had to move things out of the house to dry in the sun because 99% of our belongings was wet and drenched.

This is all from the series sharing the rural voices of women in Tonga. 

https://www.tongawccc.org/raising-rural-womens-voices-in-tonga-post-cyclone-gita/

This organization also helps women escape domestic violence in Tonga. 

Will you be making any changes to your blog @Lydia now that you know you aren't presenting the whole truth? Or is lying okay for you? Sure it is one of the 10 commandments, but you seem to be okay with stretching the truth. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 6