IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

17 minutes ago, Lydia said:

For those of you lacking in the comprehension part of the brain, the brakes on the passenger side were not working.  A comment said we were driving with faulty breaks. It was the passenger side, the passenger side.  One of my readers responded that she has a steering wheel on the passenger side that doesn't work either. See if you can figure it out. As for humor, my readers do have enough comprehension to understand it and I don't have to spell it out like a gradeschool/highschool class.  I'm must so happy you are reading my blog , but you are the ones coming off foolish, with your stupid conclusions. Even an 8 year old could figure out the humor without explanation.

I do not believe I am the one lacking comprehension here, dear. My comment had nothing to do with your blog post.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

When I drove in Vegas a few years ago, I found traffic to be moving slower than expected. We stayed on the Strip, but spent most of our days out at Red Rock Canyon. I've been thinking that people just drive slow because they are vacation? The roads are so nice (compared to where I live) that I thought everyone would be speeding along, but ... not so much, it seemed. Then when we went back last year (and drove down to Arizona), there was a lot more traffic and higher speeds, but still nothing unmanageable. 

If you didn't use the freeway (from the strip to Red Rock would pretty much be a straight shot out Charleston), it's not quite as bad. The strip is usually just one big parking lot. 

@Destiny crosswalks are "take your life into your hands" walks, I don't know about cabbies because I've never taken a cab here. What I LOVE is the idiots from Cali who are doing 80-90 in the left lane on 15 and just cross 3-5 lanes of traffic for their exit. Its one of the reasons I've not been able to quit dropping F-bombs all over the place. 

Fortunately, my commute is 1 1/2 miles and I just cross two main roads...but one main road dead-ends about 2 miles south of me so there's rarely much traffic, and there's a stop light at the other one. Takes me a whole 7 minutes to get to work, IF I get caught at the 2 stop lights. My poor hubs has it worse...  

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Lydia said:

Hello, Glad to see you paying attention to me again!

I suspect you are thanking goodness that someone is.

Regarding your apparently astonished comments about my post on driving through Las Vegas: The post was a tongue-in-cheek humorous description of a country girl going at high speed, which never happens around here.

It took a long time for you to twig that we were commenting.

Obviously you don't have much to talk about but thanks for giving my blog much higher stats with your typical .....

Typical - what?

and of course I present myself as being very country, and a lot of it is just for amusement. I have driven by myself in Dallas, Topeka, Seattle, Calgary, Hobart, San Francisco, and many other places.

Apparently 45+ years ago.

I was being humorous. To make an entire article about what an alternate world I live in (which is largely a setting I created for my blog, due to living in the country and my interest in Victorian decor and costume),

No, sweetie, it is just ongoing snark.  You were the one who made an entire article of it, Lydia.  And are you telling us that you are trying to punk your followers?

So you don't really live in la-la-land.  You just pretend to do so.

makes me know what kind of work you are really in.  You sent my stats up quite high. 

It is veritably charitable work.  It draws attention to your oddness and possibly gives you a few more hits.  Did the extra attention to your blog enable you to buy more pink paint?  

The post you refer to is suppose to be irony, not some dumb cluck woman who doesn't know how to push the elevator button.  Its just that we had not been in multi-storey level hotel in many years as we live in the country for the last 45 years...and I thought is was hilarious.

As your writing fails to make the irony clear, may I introduce you to emoticons. 

:) ;)  They may help when your writing skills fail.

These are the things good stories are made of but you should have got my permission to publish about me.  There should be no reason to critique the post, since it was all making fun of ourselves and our country bumpkin ways.

Nah, we don't need your permission to snark.

But, Lydia, you don't make fun of yourself - ever.  You present yourself as a genius, know-it-all, sophisticated, etiquette-expert, "perfect" woman and wife. 

You sit in judgement on everyone else.  And you are nasty about it.

Just look at this response here for nastiness:

23 minutes ago, Lydia said:

For those of you lacking in the comprehension part of the brain, the brakes on the passenger side were not working.  A comment said we were driving with faulty breaks. It was the passenger side, the passenger side.  One of my readers responded that she has a steering wheel on the passenger side that doesn't work either. See if you can figure it out.

So sweet.  And so unChristian of you, Lydia, my sweet.  And that would be brakes, not breaks.

Apparently Lydia's car has a non-working steering wheel and faulty brakes on the passenger side.  Perhaps it is a dual control car ... but why have one of those unless you are a driving instructor.

I'm not quite smart enough to figure that all out unless ...

Oh no! It is supposed to be a metaphor!

To Lydia, Jesus, not Pastor Sherman, is the driver and Lydia has the faulty steering wheel and brakes on the passenger side.  Well now.  That I can almost agree with.   Lydia is definitely faulty.

The problem is that the Jesus of the Bible isn't driving Lydia anywhere.  She's paddled her own nasty canoe up her own perverted and judgmental shit creek - and her oars were lost years ago.

Demonstrably.

As for humor, my readers do have enough comprehension to understand it

I suspect that we may be the vast majority of your readers, my dear.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • Love 6

35 minutes ago, Lydia said:

For those of you lacking in the comprehension part of the brain, the brakes on the passenger side were not working.  A comment said we were driving with faulty breaks. It was the passenger side, the passenger side.  One of my readers responded that she has a steering wheel on the passenger side that doesn't work either. See if you can figure it out. As for humor, my readers do have enough comprehension to understand it and I don't have to spell it out like a gradeschool/highschool class.  I'm must so happy you are reading my blog , but you are the ones coming off foolish, with your stupid conclusions. Even an 8 year old could figure out the humor without explanation.

If you're driving a vehicle with ANY faulty brakes, get your ass off the road and get the damn things fixed. You don't play with brakes. EVER. All sorts of horrible things can happen.

As for the rest, you're a snotty, snooty little one aren't you. Well, let's see if you can continue to play with the big boys or will we chase your ass back on your porch. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

If you're driving a vehicle with ANY faulty brakes, get your ass off the road and get the damn things fixed. You don't play with brakes. EVER. All sorts of horrible things can happen.

As for the rest, you're a snotty, snooty little one aren't you. Well, let's see if you can continue to play with the big boys or will we chase your ass back on your porch. 

She does not have a PORCH, dear friend. She has a PICKUP, fully loaded with the essentials for tea, dollar tree air freshener cakes and 26 yards of Wal Mart fabric.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

I think she was making a "dad joke" about being scared and trying to "break" from the passenger seat. 

7 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

If you didn't use the freeway (from the strip to Red Rock would pretty much be a straight shot out Charleston), it's not quite as bad. The strip is usually just one big parking lot. 

I have no idea. I'm guessing, based on memory and a map, that we took 15 to the Bruce Woodbury beltway to 215.  Getting on and off of 15 was kind of a pain. 

The food on the Strip was definitely underwhelming. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

I think she was making a "dad joke" about being scared and trying to "break" from the passenger seat. 

I have no idea. I'm guessing, based on memory and a map, that we took 15 to the Bruce Woodbury beltway to 215.  Getting on and off of 15 was kind of a pain. 

The food on the Strip was definitely underwhelming. 

The Bruce Woodbury Beltway is the northern side of the 215. You went 15 north to 215 west (on the northern end) and then back around to where the "official" 215 picks up, got off probably at Charleston and headed west. The Red Rock resort is at the 215 and Charleston. There's better food in town. We went to the buffet at the Luxor and it was decidedly underwhelming. Aliante isn't bad. However, there's a bunch of mom & pop joints that are amazing. Roberto's Mexican is a go-to when we can't decide on anything else. We also love the local Chinese, Filipino, Hawaiian places. There's a Pho place on just about every corner. 

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Lydia said:

Don't be humorlessly condescending, it's boring. We have very knowledgeable people here who can debate religion and feminism with you; it would make for a much livelier conversation! 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, Lydia said:

Oh my. It appears we have hit a nerve. Was it the question about your age or the one about Victorian history? I suppose we should have known name calling and insults instead of answers would be your thing.

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 10

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Aliante isn't bad. However, there's a bunch of mom & pop joints that are amazing. Roberto's Mexican is a go-to when we can't decide on anything else. We also love the local Chinese, Filipino, Hawaiian places. There's a Pho place on just about every corner. 

We have a couple of rules regarding food while traveling - nothing we can get back home is the big one. The other is "no fish if we aren't in a coastal state."

Vegas is weird, I had the hardest time finding non-chains. We dont eat at nationwide chains. We also tried a sushi place, but then amended our travel food rules to "no seafood in the desert," as my sushi roll came with pop rocks instead of roe. 

We love Pho, but we eat it all the time at home. Our best friends are Filipino, so we skip that due to the fact that we have it all the time, though getting it at a restaurant could be interesting. Usually we just go for Mexican or steak. 

I don't doubt that Vegas has a bunch of independenly owned restaurants, we just had a hard time of finding them on the Google machine. There was one Mexican place - I think it's gone now- that had the most filling food I've ever had. It was somewhere out on Charleston near the Red Rock resort. 

Also the Thai place in Kingman had the strangest server and spiciest food I've ever had, and I eat spicy food. 

But for places on the strip? Completely forgettable. I vaguely remember eating paella at some restaurant in my hotel, and sitting on a fake street inside eating the worst pizza I've ever had, and that's about it. Oh, and the super trendy uncomfortable hipster experience that was supposed to "redefine dining" by creating experiences or something. It was so trendy and full of itself, though I did enjoy the live music. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

But for places on the strip? Completely forgettable. I vaguely remember eating paella at some restaurant in my hotel, and sitting on a fake street inside eating the worst pizza I've ever had, and that's about it. Oh, and the super trendy uncomfortable hipster experience that was supposed to "redefine dining" by creating experiences or something. It was so trendy and full of itself, though I did enjoy the live music. 

The strip is slowly redefining itself to be more "hip" to the younger crowd. Personally I think it's a waste of time and $$. I can get better and cheaper food within a 2 mile radius of my house. But, I'm old, not easily impressed and cheap as fuck. Grubhub is my friend :)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

@Maggie Mae, my favorite place on the Strip is on the north "old" strip, called Viva Las Arepas. They smoke their own meat and the arepas are amazing. When we first started going there, the menu was mostly in Spanish, but now they have a couple locations and have had magazine write up. Just don't tell @feministxtian that this Cali girl drives 75 in the left lane to get there. ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Lydia said:

I'm must so happy you are reading my blog

Methinks the Lady doth protest too much.

Ticket for the clue bus to the 21st century:  no one needs permission to discuss your PUBLIC BLOG on a PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD.  

Your "humor" is sorely lacking in both clarity and well...humor, but you keep on thinking you're so terribly clever. :goldfish:

BTW - pushing cheap crap clothing like Walmart brands supports WOMEN working in horrible conditions for pennies overseas.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

@Maggie Mae, my favorite place on the Strip is on the north "old" strip, called Viva Las Arepas. They smoke their own meat and the arepas are amazing. When we first started going there, the menu was mostly in Spanish, but now they have a couple locations and have had magazine write up. Just don't tell @feministxtian that this Cali girl drives 75 in the left lane to get there. ;)

Gonna have to look that one up!

And if you're only doing 75, you're keeping up with traffic :)

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Oh my. It appears we have hit a nerve. Was it the question about your age or the one about Victorian history? I suppose we should have known name calling and insults instead of answers would be your thing.

It is interesting to see what brings Lydia out of her pink fog to interact with the harlots of Free Jinger.  The last time she graced us with her presence was when @anniebgood said she had wasted her money on Lydia's book.  This time it is that we didn't appreciate the tongue-in-cheek humor of her description of the "country bumpkin" in Vegas.  Yeah, the humor went right over my ignorant little head.  I suppose that is situational irony.  Her writing had the opposite result from the one she expected or intended.   

What is more annoying, and not ironic in the least, is that Lydia never comes here to try to explain or excuse her more obvious offenses:  her selfish attitudes, her ignorance, her misogyny, her rampant racism ...

Yes, we do mock Lydia for her pinkitude and her strange crafty obsessions - but that is because she tries to hide her real nature and poisonous attitudes towards others with flowers as she promotes her fake "Biblical" ideas of femininity. 

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, we do mock Lydia for her pinkitude and her strange crafty obsessions - but that is because she tries to hide her real nature and poisonous attitudes towards others with flowers as she promotes her fake "Biblical" ideas of femininity. 

Little Miss Lydia would have her a heart attack looking at me today...JEANS, sweater, fleece lined boots (to keep my feet warm). 

Lemme let you in on a secret @Lydia the pair of 40D's I have hanging off my chest would pretty much positively identify me as female. 

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

She does not have a PORCH, dear friend. She has a PICKUP, fully loaded with the essentials for tea, dollar tree air freshener cakes and 26 yards of Wal Mart fabric.

Wait. WalMart fabric? After a quick glance of her threads, Lydia claims to be Victorian, proper lady and she buys her fabric at Walmart*? (BTW - thanks a lot @feministxtian - I never read this thread but saw on your status that @Lydia made a fly by so I had to come look!)

I found where she lives.  there are (about) 16 (yes SIXTEEN!) fabric stores near her and I am not counting the 3 Joann fabric stores! near her = within a 35 mile radius! (I only have 5 in a 35 mile radius of myself - again not counting the 2 Joann fabric stores & I live just outside a city of about 75,000 people.)

*I rarely buy fabric at walmart, it is lower quality and I prefer to put nice fabric in my quilts. I am not knocking anyone that uses Walmart fabric, my guess is you are not trying to pass yourself off as a polished, proper, Victorian lady.

Edited by quiversR4hunting
fixing tags
  • Upvote 10

At least this little visit allowed me to see exactly how quickly Lydia gets mean and descends into name-calling! 

Growing up, I was taught the doctrine of "sanctification:" that the longer one was a Christian, the more Christlike they became. I have not found that to be true in real life; some church ladies who were Christians since childhood could be absolutely horrid at 70 years old. Age did not make them more like Jesus! Lydia seems to be another example of "christianity" doing little for the soul...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Wait. WalMart fabric? After a quick purse of her threads, Lydia claims to be Victorian, proper lady and she buys her fabric at Walmart*? (BTW - thanks a lot @feministxtian - I never read this thread but saw on your status that @Lydia made a fly by so I had to come look!)

I found where she lives.  there are (about) 16 (yes SIXTEEN!) fabric stores near her and I am not counting the 3 Joann fabric stores! near her = within a 35 mile radius! (I only have 5 in a 35 mile radius of myself - again not counting the 2 Joann fabric stores)

*I rarely buy fabric at walmart, it is lower quality and I prefer to put nice fabric in my quilts. I am not knocking anyone that uses Walmart fabric, my guess is you are not trying to pass yourself off as a polished, proper, Victorian lady.

I am envious of both you and Lydia because you have so much choice.  As far as buying fabric goes I have only 2 choices around here:  Walmart and Joann.  I try not to buy anything from Walmart because I really don't like the way they treat their employees, and their clothing brands are made by grossly underpaid labor overseas.

Lydia buys a lot of things from Walmart, including the red plaid dress she was encouraging her humpers to buy a few weeks ago.

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I am envious of both you and Lydia because you have so much choice.  As far as buying fabric goes I have only 2 choices around here:  Walmart and Joann.  I try not to buy anything from Walmart because I really don't like the way they treat their employees, and their clothing brands are made by grossly underpaid labor overseas.

Lydia buys a lot of things from Walmart, including the red plaid dress she was encouraging her humpers to buy a few weeks ago.

I don't go to one of the quilt shops because the owner judges the customers based on experience on if they get assistance. I (started quilting in my late 20s; now in my early 40s) was too young to be a series quilter. We have an area chain that has a lot of designers - I love that store. The started in a city an hour away from me and now they have 7 stores and one in the city closest to me. But I also purchase fabric online. I love Tula Pink, Cotton + Steele, Bonnie & Camille, Michael Miller, Amy Butler, Basic Grey, Robert Kaufman, Joel Dewberry, Shell Rummel, Shannon Newlin, Amy Reber, etc. I know of one quilt store in my state that has a variety of modern designers it is a 2 1/2 hour drive one way to get there. I have one quilt shop about 35 miles away that specializes in Amy Butler. I like AB but I don't want all my quilts to be AB. I am not a one designer type of girl :)

Now I am getting pretty fabric ads on FJ. :) Don't mind me while I go off to drool at fabric and wish I would win the lotto so I quit work and "just" be a mom, quilter, yogi, runner and reader :)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

39 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

At least this little visit allowed me to see exactly how quickly Lydia gets mean and descends into name-calling! 

Growing up, I was taught the doctrine of "sanctification:" that the longer one was a Christian, the more Christlike they became. I have not found that to be true in real life; some church ladies who were Christians since childhood could be absolutely horrid at 70 years old. Age did not make them more like Jesus! Lydia seems to be another example of "christianity" doing little for the soul...

Oh, Lydia is vicious.  

As for the "sanctification" doctrine.  Have we met the same nasty church ladies - but they come in all ages.

In my experience old age (barring injury to the brain that can cause personality change) just magnifies characteristics in people that were always there - or they stop trying to hide them.  If you are a nasty intolerant judgmental person at the age of 30 - then you will be a nasty intolerant judgmental person at 80.  You'll just give less of a shit when people call you out on it.  And people like that bring negative life experiences onto themselves and use them to justify bitterness.

Of course the flip side is also true.  Kind and thoughtful people do seem to get nicer with age.  They are better able to overcome negative experiences and are more likely to use positive experiences to bolster a positive view of the world and other people.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Gonna have to look that one up!

And if you're only doing 75, you're keeping up with traffic :)

I'd drive faster if your damn freeways weren't always under construction!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

@Palimpsest I agree. Age seems to magnify personal characteristics regardless of religious beliefs. The doctrine of sanctification used to confuse me because it simply wasn't borne out in real life!

I really don't want to be a bitter, angry person in another 40 years. I endeavor to keep my sense of humor alive...it's good to see the funny side and to laugh at myself for the intense, neurotic person I know I am. It helps balance me.

• Love 7

7 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

I'd drive faster if your damn freeways weren't always under construction!

WIth "Project Neon" in full swing, the freeways are a joke these days. I stay mostly in my little corner of town and avoid the freeways as much as I can. 

I get why they're doing the construction, the city is growing like crazy but damn! 

• Upvote 2