IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Homemaking basket? Special tea cup? I am the opposite of Lady Lydia!

lol same! I have a basket but its full of  books, (just finished Moby Dick), new recipes , and patterns (I am trying to learn how to knit).. But I don't have tea or any of that stuff Lydia wants.

• Upvote 5

@MayMay1123 and @Four is Enough very few things that Lydia does make any sense at all.  These days she potters around all day extolling the virtues of being a homemaker, judging others, crafting strange things, and sometimes making new dresses for herself.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Destiny said:

To be fair, you can ask the helpmeets how much sense I make before my tea. I don't think it makes me particularly godly though, especially since I don't believe in a god per se. I'm genuinely confused how tea could make me more like Jesus. :confusion-confused:

(Spoiler: it's none not very much.)

This room makes me sneeze EVERY time I see it. NOPE NOPE NOPE too many dust catchers!

I so want to eat ragu bolognese at that table and spill it all over that fucking layer of table cloths. But she'd just see that as an excuse to layer on more bedspreads or petticoats or whatever the fuck those things are.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

If she was married in 1972, she’s got to be in her (fairly well preserved) 60s by now, assuming she was at least 18 when she got married. I got married at 20.5 in 1973, and I’m 65.

• Upvote 7

23 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

kuva.png.eb665cbeaa7f2dbc7a2e291611d5ab37.png

Look at these items closely, there will be a quiz later.

This looks like the Medicare sanctioned test to diagnose dementia in which the patient must be able to distinguish a line drawing of a camel from that of a rhino and draw an analog clock face depicting a certain time. (A decade or two from now will anyone be able to perform the latter task?)

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Haven't you read that part of the Bible where Jesus turns the water into tea at the wedding in Cana? :laughing-rollingred:

Jesus loves me too much to do that to me.  He knows wine is every bit as important to me as tea!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

57 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Black Aliss,  raises hand!  I will!  My new watch is analog and so was my old Eeyore watch.  

I have one of these in my kitchen, so I'm good too.

• Haha 1
  • Love 7

I have an analogue watch! 

9DAA2281-5FC4-4EE3-B2A3-1731592ACCED.thumb.jpeg.2a2fbd3a196535df3735909829262d76.jpeg

Apparently in an exam pupils had to have a digital clock on display as they couldn’t read an analogue one. (This was a news story). 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Haven't you read that part of the Bible where Jesus turns the water into tea at the wedding in Cana? :laughing-rollingred:

Oh yes, I believe this is right after Jesus gets mad at the merchants in the Temple for defiling His Father's house by filling it with practical goods instead of dollar tree doilies.  He fiercely chases them out so that He can cover everything in Muslin ruffles and vintage wedding dresses.   

God's favorite creation, after all, is the Dust Bunny.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

3 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

...and draw an analog clock face depicting a certain time. (A decade or two from now will anyone be able to perform the latter task?)

If I draw a picture of my Goofy watch, do you think they'll misdiagnose me?

Spoiler

s-l225.jpg.a73c149cf2c9b59ae0f8b57bc01866d6.jpg

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

I have an analogue watch! 

9DAA2281-5FC4-4EE3-B2A3-1731592ACCED.thumb.jpeg.2a2fbd3a196535df3735909829262d76.jpeg

I bought this one at Michael's craft store this fall. It's so cute. :my_heart:

20181012_154403.jpg.8702c4cf30a528257a3c7965a4b46ac5.jpg

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
resized picture
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Homemaking basket? Special tea cup? I am the opposite of Lady Lydia!

My basket is full of yarn balls in assorted colors.  I do have a special cup for coffee, it's my Saturday morning coffee with a healthy dose of Bailey's cup.  Mr. Briefly has one, but his will have Captain Morgan's 100 rum in his coffee.  We don't do much on Saturday mornings for the first couple of hours!1

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 6

I have some linen handkerchiefs and napkins that I'm slowly working on for my household. :banana-angel:

Unfortunately, I keep them in old plastic ice cream buckets when I'm not working on them, so I'm totally going to hell. :dancing-demon:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I have some linen handkerchiefs and napkins that I'm slowly working on for my household. :banana-angel:

Unfortunately, I keep them in old plastic ice cream buckets when I'm not working on them, so I'm totally going to hell. :dancing-demon:

Silly @Cartmann99. You should store them in a floral china pot that's been bedecked with pink lace and bows. Said pot should be covered with a doily. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Silly @Cartmann99. You should store them in a floral china pot that's been bedecked with pink lace and bows. Said pot should be covered with a doily. 

I read that too fast and thought it said chamber pot, and then I imagined Lady Lydia using one as a soup tureen. :pb_lol:

• Haha 15

6 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

If I draw a picture of my Goofy watch, do you think they'll misdiagnose me?

Hide contents

s-l225.jpg.a73c149cf2c9b59ae0f8b57bc01866d6.jpg

That one would probably get you some side-eye from the doctor.

20181012_154403.jpg.8702c4cf30a528257a3c7965a4b46ac5.jpg

This one would totally get you a dementia diagnosis.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Or a rusty birdcage.

7 hours ago, Georgiana said:

God's favorite creation, after all, is the Dust Bunny.

If that's true my house is a fuckin' cathedral.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

On 10/11/2018 at 8:44 PM, Lisafer said:

"Have you had your morning tea?" Wtf, she's obsessed with tea. It's like she thinks tea-drinking is an indicator of godliness!

It is. Ahem. *points to avatar*

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

15 hours ago, Briefly said:

My basket is full of yarn balls in assorted colors.  I do have a special cup for coffee, it's my Saturday morning coffee with a healthy dose of Bailey's cup.  Mr. Briefly has one, but his will have Captain Morgan's 100 rum in his coffee.  We don't do much on Saturday mornings for the first couple of hours!1

This will be me most mornings when I retire. I am not really a heavy drinker but if I don't have to be somewhere on a special time why not some coffee and alcohol?

Now I start thinking about the time when my dad tricked my uncle into drinking a mix of boullion and vodka. He claimed it pretty much the tastiest thing arround when in fact it was just a mess of booze and fat blobs really. My uncle took a big sip just as dad instructed and almost sprayed the whole kitchen with fatty alcohol slop and then my dad still managed to convince him that it would be tastier and tastier for each sip so he got him to have another 2-3 and it was still just as nasty. When he then had his birthday my dad bought him a bottle of vodka and taped a cube of instant boullion on the bottle so he at any time could make himself some vodka and boullion. 

• Disgust 2
  • Haha 5

I just had a weird thought. Nearly everybody we discuss has had one or two people who know or have known them comment, sometimes friends, sometimes family members. Yet, aside from Lydia herself, who popped in for a couple of comments, we have had *nobody* who knows Lydia or her family members comment. I wish we had an "outsiders" view of her. I have heard some scurrilous rumors about her on the web, and they're believable enough, but I'd really like to hear from someone who knows her better to confirm or deny.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Lydia and Jill Rod are the two who don't get supporters coming to defend them. Even John Shrader had someone pop in to come to his defense. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Are we sure Lydia is real? I only say that because of the her horrifically decorated house. I can’t imagine any man, whether fundamentalist or a normal relationship guy, would live in that tacky house. 

• Upvote 3

Lydia is having a great time on the road trip. They have been to Walmarts and crummy motels they hated. They went to the reunion and she was pleasantly surprised that the ladies were dressed up nicely for the party, and that they said Amen when someone finished praying. However, the band didn't play tasteful doo-wop like she'd have preferred so she sat in the car for the rest of the evening and hopes to recover from the brain trauma soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 24
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

hopes to recover from the brain trauma soon.

She actually wrote that!?

I hope to be over the brain trauma by the time I return.

I get the impression she was disappointed how healthy and active the other people were and that she couldn't judge the clothing of the women. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2