IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

So according to @Lydia, outward appearance is what earns respect? Interesting, that's the complete opposite of 1 Samuel 16:7.

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Lydia thinks that those of us who aren't "feminine" just don't exist in her little world. She's decided to leave reality for whatever reason and live in her little world. I'm not sure she even knows reality anymore. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I'm not sure she even knows reality anymore. 

Oh, I think she does, but she carefully edits thing to fit her mindset. Like the artist she mentioned who started her ramblings about the women of Tonga, An He. She provides examples of two of his paintings where women are dressed in long flowing outfits and says.

His bio mentions that his paintings reflect a "tremendous admiration and respect for women."

Is it possible that a lady dressed like this might aid the respect for women? Or that she might inspire a painter?

Which is implying he had respect for these women because of how they dressed and that inspired him to paint them. But a very quick look at his art shows that is completely untrue because he also painted women who dressed in ways  Lydia would not view as modest. He apparently was considerable less shallow than @Lydia, and admired and respected the women for who they were, not what they were wearing. 

Lydia, you removed the truck post for whatever reasons, are you going to keep this one up knowing it spreads info that isn't true? Instead of Lady Lydia maybe we should rename you Lying Lydia. We know you read here so you can't claim ignorance on the subject of the women of Tonga. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

I think it is a deliberate choice on Lying Lydia’s ( thank you @formergothardite ) part to present herself as a doddering old dear out of touch with modern times. Furious that her influence has waned and with no idea how to get it back she just keeps recycling the idea that clothes and decorations are what matters most . 

• Upvote 13

Oh well.  I for one have tremendous respect for women who work their asses off to provide for their family and whatnot.

But I am a heathen, so.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 8

18 hours ago, Briefly said:

I wish I'd known about that when we had the El Camino we called the spare or the Redneck Joke (cars on blocks in the yard)!  Mr. Briefly bought a 2nd one for next to nothing to cannibalize parts off of it for the one he drives.  By the tie he sold it, it was mostly just the body left.  I could have spiffed it up! :)

You could have bought up a bunch of old wedding dresses and ruffled bedspreads to cover it with. And then created seasonal "vignettes" on the roof.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lydia's husband has been in the hospital with some sort of foot problem. She dedicated three blog posts to the excellent care he received. (She also mentioned she previously worked in an ICU and it was a negative experience?! Anyone recall any details about that?)

This hospital does look and sound amazing. I'm glad they had such a pleasant experience. I hope she walked away with a more favorable view of working women. 

"At the start and end of every shift, the former staff (nurses, doctors, housekeepers, food service, and many others) come into the room to say goodbye and introduce the next person  who will be taking their place on the new shift. It sounds something like, "My name is Jack and I will be your waiter tonight" ?  When you use the call button they come readily and cheerfully and apologize for any inconvenience. 

All vital statistics and lab results are posted on a board across from the bed so the patient can see how he is doing.

Reminds me of the overseas airplane trips where the little airplane moves across the screen as the trip progresses.

The doctors linger and talk as though they were in a classroom, explaining the structure of cells, blood, skin, and the names of things, and how it gets infected, where, when, etc. They tell what the name of the disease is and some of them will translate to the latin name.  It is like attending a class. One young doctor was so animated about his subject that I thanked him for the finely delivered lesson."

https://homeliving.blogspot.com/2018/12/just-few-more-days.html?m=1

https://homeliving.blogspot.com/2018/12/is-this-hospital.html?m=1

https://homeliving.blogspot.com/2018/12/updated-hospital.html?m=1

Edited by DangerNoodle
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if maybe she has not been in a hospital in years?  It's been 12 years since I was hospitalized, but that is similar to what I experienced.  The nurses wrote their names on a white board and the times of their shift, the next one did the same thing. Everyone was very focused on patient care and they made sure that I was fully informed of everything.  Prior to that, the last hospitalization was in 1992 when my daughter was born and while I received very good care and so did my daughter, it was not as personalized.  I'm thinking maybe she doesn't realize how much medical care has changed.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Why, bless her heart.  It must be years since she was in a hospital if she thinks signs reminding people to wash their hands are worth photographing.

I was just going to comment about how nice it was to see Lydia being appreciative of the hospital and staff.  But she spoiled it all in the comments.

Their aim seems to be to send everyone home in better condition than when they came.

Imagine that.

They call the patients "guests" ? They know we can all get on yelp and give a review.

So it is not the goodness of their hearts or their professionalism - they are only nice because LL can give them a stinker of a review on yelp.

I once gave a good review for my dentist, and when I was next in his office, he couldn't do enough for me

Or perhaps he was just being a professional and treats all his patients just as well.  And this sounds like Prosperity Courtesy Gospel.

.I wonder though if they give reviews on the patients and the customers.

Oh they do, they do!  Patients get little coded dots on their charts.  Blue for "really lovely person," yellow for "uncooperative but manageable," and red means "watch out for this cantankerous old fart, they bite."

And If the patient has difficult and angry relatives - there is a big black ink spot in the lower left hand corner of the chart.  And they spit in your tea.

(And I made all that up, Lydia, so don't go looking for any black spots on the chart or saliva in your tea!)

I think there should be a lot more effort the other way so that people realize they have a responsibility to be nice; not just the professionals.

So do I.  For once I am in complete agreement with Lydia.   I try to be very pleasant - and make a point of thanking people for excellent service in real time.  Not just "professionals" though.  Even the person who tells you your flight is cancelled or who bags your groceries deserves eye contact and a polite thank you.  Especially those sort of people.

But I fear Lydia's usual modus operandi is to be as nice as pie in person to professionals, mean to people she thinks are beneath her (almost everyone), and bitch about everyone not coming up to her standards on her blog and give vicious reviews on yelp.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 6

Always interesting to see what I write attracts you so much. You kids are fun!  While I am writing about mundane every day life, you are writing about ME!! I love that you are so obsessed with my blog!  Hey, I even posted a new picture of my truck because you had such truck longing!

• Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Lydia said:

Always interesting to see what I write attracts you so much. You kids are fun!  While I am writing about mundane every day life, you are writing about ME!! I love that you are so obsessed with my blog!  Hey, I even posted a new picture of my truck because you had such truck longing!

We talk about you because you are definitely not dealing with a full deck. You are surprisingly ignorant of the world around you, whether willingly or not. You think you are far superior to the rest of the great unwashed masses by sitting on your backside and expecting to be fully supported, heaven forbid if you would actually have to WORK for a living. 

Come on and join the rest of us in the 21st century where women are wearing pants, controlling their own finances and destinies...it's a helluva lot of fun. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

So the man is hospitalized for a wound on his foot and no one knows how it happened?  Unless it’s a diabetic ulcer or the like I’m calling BS on the “I don’t know how it happened”. But I do hope he’s better soon and home.  Hi Lydia!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

Happy Holidays @Lydia! Put a Pink Wreath on it for us!

If we all entertain each other in some way then the internet does a wonderful thing!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

@Palimpsest Some kind of special full moon it must be :pb_lol:

Good grief, yes.  Lydia being almost pleasant and appreciative about anybody made me think the world was ending!

And what is Lydia doing reading Free Jinger on a Sunday and a mere 2 days before Jesus' birthday?

Even if Mr. S is still in the hospital surely she is not needed there all day and every day.  Doesn't she have some pastor's wifing to do - like baking bread and delivering meals to the poor, visiting widows and orphans, holding Ladies' prayer meetings, carol singing with the congregation, or even wrapping family gifts? 

10 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

So the man is hospitalized for a wound on his foot and no one knows how it happened?  Unless it’s a diabetic ulcer or the like I’m calling BS on the “I don’t know how it happened”. But I do hope he’s better soon and home.  Hi Lydia!

My first thought was a diabetic ulcer.

I do hope he makes a swift recovery and gets home soon.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 8

If ya'll haven't, go back and read the post on December 2.  Someone got a wee bit defensive.  

As for enjoying people reading your content - back atcha, Lyds.  You obviously have an interest in what goes on here or you...well, wouldn't be here.  

Honest best wishes for your husband's continued recovery - wounds that won't heal in elderly folks can be so dangerous.  BTDT with relatives.

• Upvote 5

On 11/27/2018 at 10:27 AM, feministxtian said:

Little Miss Lydia would have her a heart attack looking at me today...JEANS, sweater, fleece lined boots (to keep my feet warm). 

Lemme let you in on a secret @Lydia the pair of 40D's I have hanging off my chest would pretty much positively identify me as female. 

and me in my bunker gear....she'd get the vapours from the sight of that!

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, saintmom said:

and me in my bunker gear....she'd get the vapours from the sight of that!

Today's ensemble would even be worse...yoga pants, fuzzy slippers, hoodie, no bra. But, I'm not working today. I'll be working a bit on Wednesday (no work allowed on holidays even if you have projects that need to be finished), but it'll be at home. So, I'll be wearing ugly pants, t-shirt, hoodie, slippers AND working!! 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Lydia said:

I reserve my viewing of your blog for when my stats indicate a visit from you. 

and? We care because? This isn't a "blog" it's a message board. A visit from whom? You log IP addresses? 

Boy aren't we just a merry little snotty witch...

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Lydia said:

Why do people always think this is a blog?!!! For real? As someone who has blogged for a long time, do you truly not understand what a blog is? 

And guess what, you are a FJ member just like the rest of us. You joined our little club! 

It amuses me so much that you put your head in the sand with difficult questions. You are such a coward. You don't stand for truth or godliness or anything but your own selfish desires. If you didn't stand for that, you would be willing to have a discussion about your views on history and women. You refuse to do so, which makes it clear that you only care about your image, not the truth. Not even reaching people for Jesus, just protecting this image you create on your blog of you being some high class lady who knows all about history. 

Merry Christmas Lydia. I hope next year you become just slightly nicer. 

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 12/24/2018 at 8:41 PM, Lydia said:

You mean when your stats go up from 8 or 9 regular visitors to 25+ you check here to see how offensive you have been that week.  I suspect the glory days of Ladies Against Feminism and Beautiful Womenhood are long gone.  That site is "on vacation" - and I hope permanently.  

Have you heard from Jennie Chancey recently, Lydia?  How about Stacy McDonald and Doug Phillips?  What is your opinion of their activities these days?

@formergothardite, don't hold back.  I'd love for Lydia to answer our questions as part of her New Year resolutions, and to stop being such a nasty person.

Oh, and I almost forgot - @Lydia, how old are you anyway? 

• Upvote 10

35 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

don't hold back.

:laughing-jumpingpurple: I didn't! 

It is funny how Lydia obviously seems to view herself as up above us being a godly lady who just wants to share Jesus and her love of Victorian history, yet she shrinks from any discussion of God or history outside of an area she can tightly control. She hardly radiates the love of Jesus when she shows up here. You would think as a pastor's wife that being at least marginally kind to the people she thinks are doomed to hell in hopes of saving their souls would be a priority! I'm left wondering what Lydia is like in real life as a pastor's wife. She hardly comes off as a source of comfort, compassion and love. Can you imagine being a single working mother and reaching out to Lydia for emotional support? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1